OU Team Rating Needed

Since you guys were so evil against my last team, here's what I'm thinking now:

M*A*S*H (Metagross)
Adamant Natured
@Occa Berry
Clear Body
244HP/232ATK/32SPD

Stealth Rock/Earthquake/Bullet Punch/Explosion

OH NO, IT'S METAGROSS!!! With its natural bulkiness and acess to Stealth Rock, this makes one of the best leads in the OU metagame.
Stealth Rock is a must have move for a Lead Metagross, with Bullet Punch taking out frail Sweepers and Earthquake hitting the infamous Heatran and Infernape leads hard. Explosion is always a last resort against taking out those walls that always seem to be in the way.
Also, I switched over 4EV points from HP to SPD, so that it will be slightly faster than other Lead Metagross that have this set.

OH NO ITS (Blissey)
Bold Natured
@Leftovers
Serene Grace
252HP/252Sp.DEF/6SPD

Seismic Toss/Ice Beam/Thunder Wave/Softboiled

Since Blissey is a very awesome Sp.DEF wall, it can be used very well with almost any team. The standard set calls for this Blissey to have 252DEF, but I decided to switch those EVs over to Sp.DEF to further wall Special Attackers.
Seismic Toss is a must use against Rock, Steel, and Dark types, while Ice Beam plows through Grass, Flying, and Dragon types. Thunder Wave is used to slow down potential threats that could possibly outspeed my team, and cancel out some attacks. And lastly, Softboild for instaheal.

Might need to change: Serene Grace to Natural Cure. I was thinking that it could possibly help a Freeze Hax, but with Thunder Wave in the moveset, it may be pointless.

TRICKY (Dusknoir)
Relaxed Natured
@Leftovers
Pressure
252HP/252DEF/6ATK

Trick Room/Will-O-Wisp/Pain Split/Earthquake

Dusknoir serves as a very defensive tank, but with trick room in play, it allows it to outspeed almost everything due to its minimum 85 SPD. When a Fighting type or a Physical Sweeper comes in on Blissey, TRICKY's coming out to play. The standard Smogon set for this is to have 4 EVs on Speed, but with nothing on it, it will outspeed similar sets that you may encounter while trick room is in effect.
Trick Room is THE move to have for this set to work. Without it, there isn't much point in using Dusknoir the way I want to.
Will-O-Wisp is for pokemon who resist Blissey's Thunder Wave. With the added side effect of reducing your opponent's attack, it makes Dusknoir bulkier to physical attacks.
Pain Split is used as a quick heal process, so it can last longer in a battle.
Ending with Earthquake, it is used to hit Rock, Electric, and Steel types hard.

Changes: I may change out Pain Split with Shadow Punch due to the fact that Gengar will completely wall Dusknoir without it.

WIPEOUT (Empoleon)
Modest Natured
@Petaya Berry
Torrent
252Sp.ATK/232SPD/24DEF

Agility/Substitute/Surf/Ice Beam

The old-fashioned SubPetaya Empoleon. With a lack of sweepers thus far, Empoleons bulky DEF with access to Agility and Substitute allow it to sweep the opponents team. The Petaya berry gives a major boost to your Sp.ATK when low, and if your opponent tries to stall you out, Substitute can add the damage needed to activate it.
Surf is its main attack, with a STAB, Petaya, AND the well forgotten Torrent boost, Surf can OHKO many pokemon, even those that resist Water attacks.
Ice Beam is used to get rid of Grass types that can be a potential threat to Empoleon, not to mention getting rid of physical Dragon types like Flygon, and even KO flying types as well.

Changes: Not sure if I should keep Ice Beam. If replaced with Grass Knot, it will hit other Water types like Suicune hard. But that will leave an opening for Grass, Flying, and Dragon types to come in.

HITMAN (Smeargle)
Hasty Natured
@Focus Sash
Own Tempo
252ATK/252SPD/6HP

Spore/Agility/Explosion/Baton Pass

I have tried using a Smeargle for a lead for so long with no success, I've decided to switch it up a bit. The main idea is to either Spore an opponent to sleep to Baton Pass an Agility, or go out with a bang. Using a Focus Sash guarantees at least one move, unless you are facing a Fake Out pokemon, which then Smeargle is screwed.

LUCARIA (Lucario)
Adamant Natured
@Life Orb
Inner Focus
252ATK/252SPD/6HP

Agility/Close Combat/Ice Punch/ExtremeSpeed

The perfect thing for Smeargle to pass an Agility to, with its max350 attack and its typing allowing it to resist a good deal of moves, this pokemon can become a potential danger in the OU metagame. Agility is here just in case Smeargle fails to BP an agility, while ExptemeSpeed is to take out the faster and more frail sweepers that can get in its way. Ice Punch is used to destroy Grass, Flying, and Dragon types that pop up from time to time, and wrapping up with its STAB base 120 Close Combat with Life Orb power up, it can destroy Rock, Steel, and Dark types with ease, while potentially 2HKOing those who resist Fighting type attacks.

Changes: I may want to replace Agility with something else, like maybe Drain Punch to heal HP when needed, but that doesn't sound right...

So, to sum this up: This is a VERY bulky team that can withstand a lot of punishment with an Agility BPer to support the Physical Sweeper.

Anything I should change?

Why are you running Trick Room on a team with two pokemon who know Agility, that just doesn't make sense. actually, given this team you shouldn't be running Trick Room at all. give duskinoir another relevant attack.
Lucario should know Swords Dance not Agility in my opinion, plus it works better with the moveset he has

I was running a Trick Room set for the slower pokemon to hit first, and use the faster ones with Agility after Dusknoir went down

BTW thanks for at least posting something here.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why are you running Trick Room on a team with two pokemon who know Agility, that just doesn't make sense. actually, given this team you shouldn't be running Trick Room at all. give duskinoir another relevant attack.
Lucario should know Swords Dance not Agility in my opinion, plus it works better with the moveset he has
Agility Lucario can kill things that normally counter the SD set. GG

FenrirXIV said:
I have tried using a Smeargle for a lead for so long with no success, I've decided to switch it up a bit. The main idea is to either Spore an opponent to sleep to Baton Pass an Agility, or go out with a bang. Using a Focus Sash guarantees at least one move, unless you are facing a Fake Out pokemon, which then Smeargle is screwed.
Stealth Rock. Again GG. This smeargle does NOTHING for your team, except MAYBE spore a poke. Why baton pass agility on a Trick Room team? I suggest change it for something that supports lead Meta. Also, if half your team has agility, why do you need to pass it?

For lead Meta, use Meteor Mash over Eq to hit Azelf, aerodactyl, machamp, Ttar, And Roserade. Use Lum Berry over Occa, do your not raped by machamp and roserade, and as i have said, swap smeargle for something to deal with heatrans and other leads that give meta trouble

You dont need any "further" walling oof special attacks, Blissey whores them all no problem. I suggest putting them in Def.

Agility Empoleon? ON A TRICK ROOM TEAM? What were you thinking? I suggest the choice specs set, and put evs into hp and sp.att with a modest nature to abuse trick room

Dusknoir is ok, but one trick room user doesnt really count as a team.

Lucario needs to go. doesnt fit on a trick room team.

Might be a noob question: What does GG mean in this case, Mooo?

Anyways, I tweaked my team a bit, tell me what you guys think (P.S. I'm not adding nicknames this time):

Metagross@Lum Berry
Adamant
244HP/232Atk/32Spd
Stealth Rock/Meteor Mash/Bullet Punch/Explosion

So I did the changes that Mooo told me to, but just to point out, I had Earthquake before instead of Meteor Mash because I wanted to take out other Metagross using the standard Smogon lead since I swapped 4 EVs from HP to Spd.

Alakazam@Life Orb
Hasty
252Sp.Atk/252Spd/6Sp.Def
Energy Ball/Psychic/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball

Sp.Sweeper Alakazam instead of a lead. I decided upon the moves for type coverage, which covers Grass, Ground, Rock, Fighting, Poison, Normal, Ice, Steel, Psychic, and Ghost types. Very hard to outspeed without any speed boosting moves or something being scarf'd.

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold
252HP/252Sp.Def/6Spd
Seismic Toss/Ice Beam/Thunder Wave/Softboiled

Diverse Blissey, except all the defense EVs were moved to Sp.Def for more irritation to my opponent. I chose Ice Beam over Flamethrower so that I can hit Grass, Ground, Flying, and Dragon types. Seismic Toss to guarantee the same amount of damage each hit, and Thunder Wave over Toxic to slow down the competition.

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Relaxed
252HP/252Def/6Atk
Pursuit/Will-O-Wisp/Pain Split/Earthquake

As ninjaman1515 said, I replaced Trick Room with another move, in this case Pursuit so that pokemon switching out will still be hit, and I kept Earthquake to deal with Heatrans (Mooo.)

Empoleon@Petaya Berry
Modest
252Sp.Atk/232Spd/24Def
Agility/Substitute/Surf/Ice Beam

Standard SubPetaya Empoleon. I picked Ice Beam over Grass Knot to hit Dragon, Flying, GROUND, AND GRASS, and kept Surf for a STAB+Petaya+Torrent boosted attack.

Staraptor@Choice Scarf
Adamant
252Atk/252Spd/6Def
Brave Bird/Return/Close Combat/U-Turn

After realizing that I don't have any Physical attackers, I decided to bring in Staraptor as a Revenge Killer, Brave Bird for a High Powered STAB, Return for good damage, Close Combat for excellent Fighting damage, and ending with U-Turn for a Hit-and-Run tactic.

So, what do you think of the team now?

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GG means Good Game, as it always does. I just say it alot lol.
And sorry if it seemed like i was snapping, But your team needed some changes.
Btw, try putting images in your rmt next time. Its easy, just search the pokemon in the search bar, right click on the image and click view image and copy the url. then paste it into the bar after clicking the insert image button.
Also, try to keep your descriptions a bit more organised, it helps for people rating your team.
Example: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76426

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)