OU Stats (Now with 1850 Stats!) - April 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the fuck is Landorus T used more than than Landorus I. I know that it only has 2 viable sets, but the SHEER BROKENNESS of the rock polish one should count for something?

Well once Landorus I goes up to Ubers (which it will suck balls in) celebi's happy string of usage will come crashing to the ground and Jirachi will become top pixie bitch again. Same thing happened with rotom wash and rachi during birdnadus' banning to ubers,and the same thing happened to Molten Diarrhea when Kubatops 2.0 got thrown away.

On the happy side of thing fu Manchu is getting the usage it should be getting, keep it up!!!!!

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
| 51 | Haxorus | 3.97379% |

He really does deserve more usage, but I don't think he'd be THAT broken in UU.
NO! NOOOO! PO had haxorus in UU for a while and it was ridiculous, banded adamant outrage 2HKO's Gligar, no questions asked. Jolly 2HKO's with SR. You may think you're safe with all the steel types in UU, but they have no reliable recovery, and Magneton can quickly dispose of them or weaken them to the point where they can't take on Haxorus. It also has Mold Breaker, to ruin Bronzong with prediction, our without if you aren't choiced.

Weavile? Yache berry.
RKers? It is decently fast and can boost up with DD (albeit it needs two to outpace the whole meta).
There is also all those spikers in the tier that can help it 2HKO some things it couldn't before, (if there were any).
People were also starting to run Flygon alongside it, Dragon spam was freaking powerful and Flygon would continually troll you with U-Turn

It was stupidly stupid and I wouldn't even make my worst enemies play in a Haxorus filled UU metagame.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why the fuck is Landorus T used more than than Landorus I. I know that it only has 2 viable sets, but the SHEER BROKENNESS of the rock polish one should count for something?

Well once Landorus I goes up to Ubers (which it will suck balls in) celebi's happy string of usage will come crashing to the ground and Jirachi will become top pixie bitch again. Same thing happened with rotom wash and rachi during birdnadus' banning to ubers,and the same thing happened to Molten Diarrhea when Kubatops 2.0 got thrown away.

On the happy side of thing fu Manchu is getting the usage it should be getting, keep it up!!!!!
Celebi isn't just used for Landorus you know. Celebi is an amazing counter to pretty much every kind of common rain Pokemon barring Tornadus, and she's overall amazing in this metagame in general. Countering Landorus is one of the many reasons to run Specially Defensive Celebi, but not the only reasons. By the way, are you trying to insinuate that Heatran is receiving less usage after Genesect left? It doesn't seem like it, as its still in the #6 spot, exactly the same as it was in November before Genesect left OU. So yeah, you're arguments are a bit flawed there buddy.

It's not the best physical Dragon, but the worst? I really think you're pushing it. I would actually say Kyurem-B is the worst physical Dragon for a few main reasons:

1. It's slower than Salamence
2. Weak to both Bullet Punch and Mach Punch (which are more commonplace than Ice Shard)
3. lol, Hone Claws
4. Outrage/Dragon Claw + Fusion Bolt + ...... Fuck! This pretty much forces you to go Mixed and makes it much harder to take advantage of that massive Attack stat.

Also, to be frank, Multiscale really is a severely overrated ability. Very rarely does it come in handy more than once per battle, unless you're using Roost in which case it'll probably lose Multiscale as soon as it's attacked after using Roost. The only Dragonite set I've seen using Roost recently is the SubDD set, and you just don't see it as much as Offensive DD or Choice Band. Not to mention the fact that it's over-reliant on Rapid Spin support...

Also... I'm sorry, but....

Umm.... MOXIE?!?!?! You're either forgetting Moxie exists or severely underestimating how effective ScarfMoxieMence is. It's really good. You should really use it (properly) before judging its effectiveness.
Dude, I ran ScarfMoxieMence as soon as it was legal for a long goddamned time. It started out horribly effective but more and more people started running Scarf Terrakion and Latios, eventually making Salamence dead weight. Now, we've got Keldeo and Thundurus-T on top of that. I didn't say Salamence was bad, just that he was the worst physical Dragon in OU. That's like, bronze at the Olympics.

And I'm well aware of Moxie. But all those Pokemon I mentioned wouldn't give a shit if Salamence were at +100 Attack, they still outspeed and OHKO.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the usage stats Antar.

14 | Terrakion | 12.55253% | 112545 | 8.202% | 84768 | 7.669% |

Terrakion seems to have fallen a few places since last month, but it's best team mate (arguably Latios) is still getting roughly the same amount of usage. Hmm.

21 | Volcarona | 9.17070% | 129097 | 9.408% | 99044 | 8.961% |
22 | Salamence | 9.15992% | 133913 | 9.759% | 101581 | 9.190% |
23 | Landorus | 9.09626% | 71921 | 5.242% | 56428 | 5.105% |
24 | Ninetales | 9.09316% | 130427 | 9.505% | 118547 | 10.725% |

Quite amazed to see Volcarona ahead of Ninetales. It's obviously an amazing sweeper in the Sunlight, but I've been seeing a few Volc's being run on Rain teams. Also quite a shock to see how low Landorus-I's usage is, considering there's been a lot of discussion about a potential suspect.

33 | Latias | 6.91747% | 66945 | 4.879% | 51845 | 4.691% |

One of the best checks to the biggest threats in the game (Keldeo, Terrakion, Thundurus-T, Landorus-I etc.) is barely seeing the usage I expected. I guess people just prefer Latios, but it's bulk just doesn't match up to Latias'.

49 | Reuniclus | 4.26285% | 51357 | 3.743% | 39739 | 3.595% |
50 | Gastrodon | 4.19848% | 49469 | 3.605% | 39977 | 3.617% |
51 | Haxorus | 3.97379% | 61323 | 4.469% | 46781 | 4.232% |
52 | Tornadus | 3.41432% | 29764 | 2.169% | 22879 | 2.070% |

They're still hanging on for their lives, but I don't think it'd be too bad for the UU environment if they did drop. Of course I don't know much about the UU metagame so I can't really comment. It's great to see Tornadus-I finally getting OU usage once again. I believe the cut off for OU is 3.4% usage? Don't quote me on that.

Interesting stats.

They're still hanging on for their lives, but I don't think it'd be too bad for the UU environment if they did drop. Of course I don't know much about the UU metagame so I can't really comment. It's great to see Tornadus-I finally getting OU usage once again. I believe the cut off for OU is 3.4% usage? Don't quote me on that.
UU Player who plays some OU from time to time. To comment on the above...

Coming Down

Haxorus: Find it a niche or let us quickban it to put it out of its misery. It's pretty much the victim of too outclassed in one tier, too strong for the other.
Reuniclus: Really you should keep it, but if it did drop we'd probably be fair enough to give it a suspect test if it were proven to be too powerful. We'd at least have usable checks for this.
Gastrodon: Would be nice to have this actually, would be checked by grass coverage moves, but certainly useful in our fire infested meta.

Going Up

Tornadus: Good to see it head back. It suffers considerably from the set-up turn required for either acrobatics (bulk up) or rain required to use hurricane accurately (which should be the only way to use hurricane...despite this not always being the case...)

Possibly Going Up.

Victini (I think someone else mentioned this): No feelings either way. Certainly a fire type that can hit water pokemon super-effectively on their worse defense isn't a dime a dozen commodity in OU (bolt strike if that wasn't clear enough), so makes sense you'd want it. Similar logic can be applied for V-create and sun.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
It's not the best physical Dragon, but the worst? I really think you're pushing it. I would actually say Kyurem-B is the worst physical Dragon for a few main reasons:

1. It's slower than Salamence
2. Weak to both Bullet Punch and Mach Punch (which are more commonplace than Ice Shard)
3. lol, Hone Claws
4. Outrage/Dragon Claw + Fusion Bolt + ...... Fuck! This pretty much forces you to go Mixed and makes it much harder to take advantage of that massive Attack stat.
1. Big deal? 100 base speed is not very impressive anymore, so its not like Salamence is a speed demon in comparison.

2. Kyu-B has the bulk to take them. I'll take a 2x weakness to priority over a 4x weakness any day.

3. Clearly you haven't seen a well played SubHoneClaws set yet. That thing dismantles stall teams by itself and with entry hazards even offensive teams need to watch out. Boosted Dragon Tails backed up by STAB and 170 base attack are no joke.

4. "Forced" to go mixed isn't a bad thing when you have great STABs, 120 special attack and a solid special movepool. Kyu-B might not be the best physical dragon but it's the best mixed one by a long shot. This is exactly why it's so good.

Well once Landorus I goes up to Ubers (which it will suck balls in) celebi's happy string of usage will come crashing to the ground and Jirachi will become top pixie bitch again.
Haven't you noticed how so many people complained about that Landorus-I topic being just a huge hype-fest when in fact it's really not that great? Landorus-I is just another offensive pokemon with no safe switch-ins but that can be easily revenge-killed, much like most OU offensive mons.
Landorus-T is on the other hand an excellent offensive AND defensive pokemon that can be put on virtually any kind of team and checks almost every physical threat in the metagame bar Mamoswine and Kyurem-B.
Landorus-T is much, much more useful than Landorus-I.

Lmao, opportunity cost, I am with the camp that would argue Landorus-T >> Landorus-I, Land-T + Ferrothorn is basically guaranteed insurance against physically attacking dragons.. Meanwhile Landorus is heavily prepared for, its really not that great with its special attacks as well, Landorus-I's "threat" in the metagame is basically speculation, I'd argue Landorus-T is one of the best 5 pokemon in the metagame atm however.

Quite amazed to see Volcarona ahead of Ninetales. It's obviously an amazing sweeper in the Sunlight, but I've been seeing a few Volc's being run on Rain teams. Also quite a shock to see how low Landorus-I's usage is, considering there's been a lot of discussion about a potential suspect.
Volcarona runs better without sun imo, I've even used QD+LO with some tailwind support its amazing! Forget rapid spin support, if you want to maintain offensive pressure you need taunt support! I like the Whimsicott + Keldeo core, I'll probably post something in the OU cores thread. As for Landorus, if you add the usage of the two formes, its a top 3 pokemon lol.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Politoed, Ferrothorn and Dragonite..

The triangle of destruction. :/ Seeing them so much is so annoying.

Since when was Breloom so high ? Granted, I've only recently came back (quit at middle of BW1) but I don't remember him being so high before. It's also weird that Alakazam is #17.. any reason why people use it?

Since when was Breloom so high ? Granted, I've only recently came back (quit at middle of BW1) but I don't remember him being so high before. It's also weird that Alakazam is #17.. any reason why people use it?
Breloom has been top #15 since not long after getting technician! It has to do with the huge amount of hype around it at the time.

Alakazam is the foolproof revenger, slap one on your team with a sash and you can revenge most sweepers. I prefer the LO sub set though because it can crack holes in some teams (but loathes Jirachi)

| 1 | Scizor | 23.08087% | 240933 | 17.559% | 192134 | 17.383% |
| 2 | Politoed | 19.57211% | 205734 | 14.994% | 188751 | 17.077% |
| 3 | Ferrothorn | 19.45857% | 236651 | 17.247% | 204301 | 18.484% |
The usual top 3.

| 4 | Dragonite | 16.48836% | 218803 | 15.946% | 170650 | 15.439% |
This is starting to get overrated. I must admit I've been swept more than once by DD and CB sets, but I feel it is pretty easy to revenge with Scarf Terrakion if it has taken Stealth Rock damage, which breaks Multiscale. When I see Dragonite on show preview, I prioritize getting stealth rock up as much as when I see Volcarona. What people haven't noticed is that Salamence is the fastest DD users in OU that doesn't rely on weather (Looking at Kingdra).

| 8 | Breloom | 14.05700% | 166299 | 12.120% | 132668 | 12.003% |
Have to agree with this. Swords Dance is arguably its most potent set, albeit somewhat hard to pull off.

| 32 | Infernape | 6.95482% | 114731 | 8.362% | 92196 | 8.341% |
| 33 | Latias | 6.91747% | 66945 | 4.879% | 51845 | 4.691% |
Come on guys, Infernape isn't THAT bad. It stops Specially Defensive Celebi that lack Psychic.

| 4 | Dragonite | 16.48836% | 218803 | 15.946% | 170650 | 15.439% |
| 10 | Latios | 13.75761% | 133067 | 9.698% | 104359 | 9.442% |
| 13 | Garchomp | 12.56496% | 158622 | 11.560% | 124457 | 11.260%
| 22 | Salamence | 9.15992% | 133913 | 9.759% | 101581 | 9.190%
| 33 |Latias | 6.91747% | 66945 | 4.879% | 51845 | 4.691% |
| 38 | Kyurem-Black | 6.29340% | 70836 | 5.162% | 54298 | 4.913%

Top six Dragons. Only 3 (Lati@s) have speeds above 108, and 1 (Dnite) has priority to help that. Garchomp has two usable stabs, K-B has the best defenses (besides maybe Multiscale Dnite), so that leaves Salamence. Huh, I don't recall seeing him very often. I see Latios a lot, and Garchomp too.

Anyways, I think K-B should be used more. I love using the Substitute Shuffler with Custap Lead Forretress.

Thanks for the usage stats Antar

Interesting stats.
I've recently switched over from ou to uu and have been doing really well. Gastrodon would be okay, but its niche in ou of countering rotom-w and subcm rachi isn't as good in uu, especially where shaymin and roserade flourish. It would have to contend with snorlax, slowking and umbreon for special wall and slowbro, cofagrigus and qwilfish (on the rise) for physical wall.

Tornadus is uu already and is mainly used as a rain dance sweeper with kingdra.

Reuniclus would be fun in uu, but still has to watch out for the powerful dark types who will force reuniclus to run focus blast to beat them (bisharp,umbreon,krookodile and weavile). With all the fighting types in the tier, I think reuniclus would be a breath of fresh air.

Haxorus may be a bit too much for the tier, but I think it would force abomasnow and other ice types to rise in usage. Also, we do have scarf mienshao and flygon which are faster at +1 and can do some serious damage with hjk and outrage. So, it could be checked, but countering it is the hard part especially with mold breaker.

Isn't this what team support is for? I dunno about you, but if you're running ScarfMence (hell even DDMence) without a way to beat Scarf Keldeo (etc.), Landorus-T, and Mamoswine, you're a fucking moron. You're also a moron if you do that with Scarf Garchomp (in fact, if you're going to apply this logic to ScarfMence, apply it to ScarfChomp too, please), or if you run Kyurem-B without its needed support (though I still find it underwhelming even with this support. This stuff is subjective though). This is like saying Terrakion is bad because Scizor and Breloom are everywhere, or Lati@s is bad because of all the Pursuit users. You have a team of six, right?

Also, stop overrating Multiscale. It's really not as easy to get Dragonite to +2 as you make it out to be. If I see a Dragonite in team preview, I'm going to be very damn careful with my Choiced Pokemon.
Sure you can it chalk up as "Lol what moron doesn't use team support", but you have to view it from a teambuilder's perspective. Why use Scarf Mence when I could use something for relatively the same task (late game cleaner) that requires less support? Simply put, you have failed to recognize that Scarf Salamence requires more support than other Pokemon who can largely do the same damn job of late game cleaning. Perhaps the biggest obstacle of all is that you need to prevent Stealth Rock or spin it away to keep Scarf Salamence healthy, which is a pretty big effort. Both Keldeo and Garchomp do not require that type of support two Scarf'ed Pokemon that have largely usurped the role of mence. Thundy-T in the meantime can easily (and should) pair itself with the two best spinners in the meta: rain Starmie and rain Tentacruel. The scarfers I listed are more resilient to priority than Mence, better revenge killers since they can use their most powerful stab without being locked in, and have less Pokemon to check them.

Not to mention I can use the team support arguement for stuff like SD Weaville. With proper team support I can get SD Weaville to sweep, but why use that team support for SD Weaville when I can use I much lower matinence sweeper such as SD Breloom (just an example I understand their niches blah blah) to focus my teambuilding support elsewhere (removing counters for Weaville and rapid spin, setup oppurtunities with free switches from u-turn/volt switch vs loom removing counters with sleep, providing its own set up opportunities, and no SR support needed).

It is far easier to remove the HEAVY water resists for Scarf Keldeo (in rain) and the few Pokemon that resist Garchomp's dual-stab option of cleaning with earthquake AND outrage than every Steel-type + priority users + stealth rock + every base 100+ scarfers you need for Salamence.

Next time be a little less condescending when you receive some criticism to a point :/

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's not the best physical Dragon, but the worst? I really think you're pushing it. I would actually say Kyurem-B is the worst physical Dragon for a few main reasons
Pretty sure as of right now, Haxorus is the worst physical dragon in OU. But come on guys... being the worst physical Dragon in OU is like being the NFL hall-of-famer with the worst record. What does that even mean in the big picture?

As for Scarf Salamence, it's clear that it has a few distinct advantages over the competition:
-It can boost its offensive ability without taking any time to set up-- this is a distinct advantage over something like RP Lando or SD/DD users.
-Fast enough that it can put a lot of offensive pressure on the opponent in the early game
-Is generally harder to switch into than Garchomp just because Salamence is less predictable-- the threat of special attacks and a powerful Fire Blast or Hydro Pump cannot be ignored.
-It has more immunities/resistances than Garchomp, Keldeo, and Terrakion
-It generally has better coverage than Keldeo
-It doesn't have to rely on shaky accuracy moves unlike Keldeo or Terrakion-- a big plus for a late game sweeper

Obviously, these advantages don't outclass its rivals, but they do differentiate Salamence.

Right around the cut-off points are some of the most interesting areas...

| 52 | Tornadus | 3.41432% | 29764 | 2.169% | 22879 | 2.070% |

Yup, he's steadily climbing the usage stats. The hole that was left by his Therian brother can filled by a few different mons, although no one comes as close to fulfilling that specific niche as well as Tornadus-I. I mean, spamming a 100% accurate Hurricane is great fun in the rain. Even though he's a bit slower at base 111 speed, he still hits an excellent benchmark in OU, and has 15 more base attack/sp attack than Torn-T. I predict he'll continue to climb fairly steadily, and rise to OU during the next official tier shift.

| 53 | Victini | 3.05064% | 39074 | 2.848% | 31105 | 2.814% |

UU has its fair share of powerhouses, and Victini potentially has the most to offer, giving numerous options such as wallbreaking with a band, scouting/revenge killing with a scarf, going mixed, the list goes on and on... The scarf Final Gambit set has me really intrigued. Running max speed+HP and a scarf, you are almost guaranteed one kill, and you can still use v-create or scout with u-turn. Victini definitely has potential in OU, and deserves a bit more usage than it's getting.

| 54 | Weavile | 2.48384% | 42084 | 3.067% | 32863 | 2.973% |

FU dragons... I personally think Mamoswine fills this intended niche little better, although there are advantages to either one. Weavile gets pursuit, which is excellent for trapping, and is naturally very fast at 125 speed. Mamo can set up rocks on mons he forces out, has more base attack, isn't 4x fighting weak, and is immune to sandstorm. Weavile could rise, but he will always compete with Mamo for a spot on the team. He isn't outclassed, Weavile just fills a similar niche, and needs to be played to his own strengths if he's going to be used on a team.

| 55 | Chansey | 2.44898% | 29318 | 2.137% | 23415 | 2.118% |

You had your chance... have fun rotting in BL.

| 56 | Sableye | 2.41328% | 38040 | 2.772% | 32312 | 2.923% |

Priority Will-o-Wisp is amazing. The only thing that sucks is its less than perfect accuracy, but the ability to move first and cripple physical sweepers is invaluable. I can see Sableye rising a lot more in the near future.

| 1 | Scizor | 23.08087% | 240933 | 17.559% | 192134 | 17.383% |
| 2 | Politoed | 19.57211% | 205734 | 14.994% | 188751 | 17.077% |
| 3 | Ferrothorn | 19.45857% | 236651 | 17.247% | 204301 | 18.484% |
Predictable Top 3 is predictable.

| 12 | Keldeo | 12.92283% | 108597 | 7.914% | 84037 | 7.603% |
Keldeo. 12? 12?!?!?! This pony should be top 5, at least. This thing is currently the best Pokémon in the meta-game.

| 21 | Volcarona | 9.17070% | 129097 | 9.408% | 99044 | 8.961% | I actually don`t see Volcarona that often >.>

| 35 | Lucario | 6.42783% | 91616 | 6.677% | 71083 | 6.431% |
:evan:
Should be top 25.

| 38 | Kyurem-Black | 6.29340% | 70836 | 5.162% | 54298 | 4.913% |
| 39 | Venusaur | 6.12139% | 92206 | 6.720% | 71140 | 6.436% |
Kyurem-B should be top 25 too.
Venusaur is by far the best sun sweeper :|

| 40 | Donphan | 5.89144% | 70028 | 5.104% | 58650 | 5.306% |
| 41 | Cloyster | 5.87843% | 134164 | 9.778% | 103754 | 9.387% |
Be UU please.
People, don`t use these awfulmons please.

| 51 | Haxorus | 3.97379% | 61323 | 4.469% | 46781 | 4.232% |
Still in OU. Hands down.

| 52 | Tornadus | 3.41432% | 29764 | 2.169% | 22879 | 2.070% |
:O
Finally :D

53 | Victini | 3.05064% | 39074 | 2.848% | 31105 | 2.814% |
People, Victini is totally top 40 worthy. Realize that!! >:|

| 108 | Ambipom | 0.69944% | 17444 | 1.271% | 15113 | 1.367% |
| 110 | Meloetta | 0.68512% | 11247 | 0.820% | 8764 | 0.793% |
Must...not...cry...

| 273 | Gligar | 0.03434% | 777 | 0.057% | 605 | 0.055% |
| 276 | Magikarp | 0.02939% | 1560 | 0.114% | 1186 | 0.107% |
:evan::evan::evan::evan::evan::evan:

BurningMan

fueled by beer
-It doesn't have to rely on shaky accuracy moves unlike Keldeo or Terrakion-- a big plus for a late game sweeper
I generally agree with everything you said in your post, but having played with ScarfMence quite a bit i can say that Outrages side effects are just as horrible if not even worse compared to Stone Edges or Hydro Pumps accuracy especially when you consider that Keldeo/Terrakion both got a useful secondary stab that can be used to clean late game and are much more useful for revenge killing since locking yourself into Outrage midgame will likely result in getting revenge killed wich means you often have to run a secondary Scarfer alongside Salamence or at least a priority core to take care of revenge killing, because Dragon Claws power is really disappointing without a boost.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Small nitpick Chou, but pretty much the only special attack that ScarfMence will be running is Fire Blast. Hydro Pump is illegal with Moxie and your opponent will know you don't have it when he doesn't see the Intimidate message.

Anyway, my beef with ScarfMence is that there are just to many threats that outspeed it and wear a Scarf of their own. I mean, you have to make damn sure that they're not running Scarf on Lati@s, Garchomp, Terrakion, or Keldeo, which just puts more pressure on you to get rid of them early on since Mence won't be cleaning them itself. It's also the Dragon that is most weak to priority, which is especially scary coming from Mamoswine.

A suggestion then: Why not tailwind mixed moxie mence?

While I can't really think of an ideal EV distribution (due to tailwind you could afford to not run full speed, and possibly an attack boosting nature of your choice), the moveset would be
-Tailwind
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
-Outrage/Dragon Claw

The idea would be to force a switch because salamence is simply that terrifying, and then proceed to use 3 turns to punch huge holes in the opposing team. I offer the slash of outrage and dragon claw in the last slot incase ou don't want to lock yourself into outrage when ice shard users/banded scizor still live or in order to pop heatran's balloon and then KO with earthquake.

Sure its not the dread of a moixescarf set, but may as well offer a different way to utilise moxie that doesn't leave it outclassed or walled due to choice item. May need a weather other than rain to function at its best though, otherwise ferrothorn will sit in its way too easily.

Edit: Forgot an item. I guess expert belt could be fun to pull of a bluff, or life orb just to smash things harder.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Small nitpick Chou, but pretty much the only special attack that ScarfMence will be running is Fire Blast. Hydro Pump is illegal with Moxie and your opponent will know you don't have it when he doesn't see the Intimidate message.
No it isn't. Breed a female DW Bagon with a Gyarados that knows Hydro Pump. Heck, you can get all of Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Hydro Pump, and Fire Blast from Gyarados, and Outrage is a tutor move.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
| 40 | Donphan | 5.89144% | 70028 | 5.104% | 58650 | 5.306% |
| 41 | Cloyster | 5.87843% | 134164 | 9.778% | 103754 | 9.387% |
Be UU please.
People, don`t use these awfulmons please.
Cloyster is anything but awful. As long as things like Lando-T and Garchomp keep being high in usage Cloyster will always have chances to setup and wreak havoc.
Not only that, but Cloyster literally dismantles sun teams by itself with Life Orb and Ice Shard. Ninetales? Rock Blast. Volcarona? Rock Blast. Venusaur? +2 LO boosted Ice Shard OHKO's 100% of the time. Scarf Latios? Same thing (which is a big "fuck you" to those who thinks Scarf Latios beats Shell Smash Cloyster). Dugtrio? Icicle Spear.
Dugtrio itself is the perfect setup bait after it traps and kills something with Earthquake.

252 Atk Life Orb Skill Link Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 120 Def Ninetales: 325-390 (92.85 - 111.42%) -- 68.75% chance to OHKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Cloyster Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 330-393 (109.27 - 130.13%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Cloyster Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Venusaur: 322-382 (106.62 - 126.49%) -- guaranteed OHKO
LO+Ice Shard Cloyster is literally the only reason people started to replace Volcarona with Heatran in sun teams, which isn't particularly hard to deal with anyways.
Even then, with Ice Shard Cloyster can afford running an Adamant nature which allows it to OHKO Heatran (and Wobbuffet) too with minimal residual damage:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Skill Link Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 300-355 (77.92 - 92.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 28 HP / 232+ Def Wobbuffet: 485-570 (91.85 - 107.95%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
If anything noobs need to stop using White Herb and its crappy Water moves that do nothing to help it. Steel types are easily dealt with teammates; Cloyster is meant to destroy things with its multi-hit moves and Ice Shard. Scared of priority? Cloyster has no business staying in against fighting types and Scizor anyway.
Even physically defensive Forretress will be 2HKO'd by Rock Blast (though Cloyster needs to watch out for Volt Swicth).

As the calculations show, Cloyster is hands down the best anti-sun pokemon in OU.
The weather starters have trouble against Dugtrio, Volcarona and Venusaur, so they're not as reliable.
Mamoswine might be able to get most of those OHKO's, but it's easily forced out and it sure as hell can't sweep.
Finally Heatran is a common member of sun teams itself, so I'm not sure how accurate the label "anti-sun mon" can be in its case.
If your team needs insurance against sun teams there's no reason not to use Cloyster.
Just use Life Orb and Ice Shard.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
| 12 | Keldeo | 12.92283% | 108597 | 7.914% | 84037 | 7.603%
| 14 | Terrakion | 12.55253% | 112545 | 8.202% | 84768 | 7.669%
| 23 | Landorus | 9.09626% | 71921 | 5.242% | 56428 | 5.105%
What the hell are these massive threats doing down here? They should all be top 10 with the wreckage they all can perform, especially Landorus, who for some reason is used less than Landorus-T. I just don't get it :I

| 32 | Infernape | 6.95482% | 114731 | 8.362% | 92196 | 8.341%
| 36 | Conkeldurr | 6.36051% | 83363 | 6.075% | 66348 | 6.003%
Why do you people use Infernape? Sure, it's a fast fire type with ok attacking stats that isn't weak to rocks. But with everyone using scarfed pokemon and jellicent / tentacruel, I don't find Infernape very viable in OU. Besides, it would be much more awesome in UU :I

| 52 | Tornadus | 3.41432% | 29764 | 2.169% | 22879 | 2.070%
Many want this pokemon to be OU again. I don't find it all that necessary, because it is just as, if not more viable in OU than UU. So what would even be the point of sending it away from UU? With rain everywhere in today's OU Tornadus-I is a very big threat in OU, and in UU there are no permarain setters (pokes with drizzle). I don't find any reason to send it OU when it's weather relying to show it's full potential.

I had seen the haxorus unban in PO. It was broken as hell.
It can set up a DD on quite a lot of things, and its outrage 2hkos even the bulkiest of uu pokes (gligar). It also ohkos most of the tier, making it able to get 2~3 kills everytime it comes in. If it ever drops, its going to BL. i am 100% sure.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Anyway, my beef with ScarfMence is that there are just to many threats that outspeed it and wear a Scarf of their own. I mean, you have to make damn sure that they're not running Scarf on Lati@s, Garchomp, Terrakion, or Keldeo, which just puts more pressure on you to get rid of them early on since Mence won't be cleaning them itself. It's also the Dragon that is most weak to priority, which is especially scary coming from Mamoswine.
Dang, didn't notice that (probably since I've never tried to use Hydro Pump on my Salamence. Too bad. In this meta, having both Fire Blast and Hydro Pump has its obvious uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)