OU RMT

Hey guys, Young Gun here with a new RMT. I've been working on this team for a little while now, but I need some help to improve it as I believe this team has some potential. I prefer playing weatherless offense which is what this team is. The goal is to get a Kingdra sweep. Anyways, I'll go ahead and get to the team:

The Team

The Sets

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Icy Wind
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi is generally my lead for the team. I decided to run the Shuca Berry set that has recently become popular and I love it to say the least. It beats so many of it's usual counters and is fantastic at setting up rocks. As far as I know, not many people run HP Fire on this Jirachi, but I decided to run it to hit Forretress, Ferrothorn, and Scizor hard.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dual Chop

Your standard Scarf'd Chomp. Outrage hits everything hard that isn't a steel. Dual Chop lets me break subs/slashes and Earthquake and Stone Edge are there for obvious reasons. I used to have Chomps and Rachi's roles reversed, but I just didn't think Rachi hit as hard as I needed him to, so I swapped them. Chomp also allows me to revenge Volc which would be a major problem to my team. Although Chomp has been great, I wouldn't mind replacing him if anyone has a better suggestion.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Starmie is such a great mon. Somehow she always seems to end up on my teams. She provides Rapid Spin support for Kingdra and Thundy and also helps take on some grass type mons and faster threats such as non scarfed Keldeo, Terrakion, Lati@s, etc. Analytic helps me hit stuff hard on the switch and turns 3HKO's into 2HKO's. Hydro Pump for STAB and Ice Beam and Thunderbolt for the BoltBeam combo.

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Thundy is a mon I recently just threw on the team because I couldn't think of someone for my last mon and I needed a ground immunity. I decided to run the EB set to hit his counters hard and it just seemed interesting. Thunderbolt and HP Ice form a pseudo-BoltBeam combo and Superpower/U-turn are useful to hit his usual counters hard. This is a mon I'd really love to replace with something better, I just couldn't think of anyone. But that's why I'm here!

Scizor @ Flying Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Acrobatics

SD AcroZor is without a doubt one of my favorite sets of this generation. It lures it's usual counters and swiftly KO's them after a boost. It takes care of the many bulky waters that plague Kingdra. It also takes on Ferrothorn who believe he is locked into Bullet Punch and removes them for Kingdra. Scizor also synergizes fantastically with Scizor. Swords Dance boosts my attack sky-high while the Bullet Punch is fantastic priority and Superpower hits stuff like Heatran hard. Acrobatics is there to beat the bulky waters.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Here's the star of the show. Kingdra: the bane of all rain teams. I'll give you a moment to bask in its glory. Now that you've basked, I'll explain the moveset. Obviously Rain Dance is there to boost Kingdra's speed. It also gives a fantastic boost to surf, so that it'll hit hard even after the use of Draco Meteor. Rain Dance also screws over other weathers which is a blast. Surf.Hydro Pump because I don't want a miss to ruin my sweep. Ice beam hits grass types hard and dragons if I don't want the SpA drop. This has easily become one of my favorites to use and I suggest everyone try it out!

Conclusion: I've really had a lot of fun with this team, but now that I'm clueless as to what to do to improve it, I brought it to you guys. I'm willing to change any mon except Scizor and Kingdra really and I would love a replacement for Thundy. Sorry for not going too in-depth, I just wanted to get this out there and rated. Plus I don't have much time. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Dragonite is really good on weatherless teams because it helps you against Rain and Sun teams, the latter which may pose a few problems for your team in particular. Replacing it over Thundurus could help you against weather teams while providing you some extra priority with ExtremeSpeed. The CB set in particular is nice because it lets you punch holes in defensive teams which allows stuff like Scizor and Kingdra to clean up late game. Thundurus isn't a bad option on this team to be honest; I'd personally use Agility/NP/Thunderbolt/HP Ice on this team for some more offensive pressure but if you want to replace it then Dragonite is one of the best options to use. The Dragonite set can be Outrage/EQ/ExtremeSpeed/Fire Punch.

Dragonite also helps with the Volc issue that Garchomp is trying to cover. With Dragonite over Thundurus, you don't necessarily have to run a Scarf on Garchomp. Running Yache Chomp allows you to survive hits from most of the pokemon that attempt to check Garchomp such as Starmie and Keldeo while you can beat them with Outrage/EQ. Lati@s can be taken care of ala Scizor and Jirachi to an extent, though running the support set on Jirachi might not be a bad idea if you are in need for some extra bulk. Wish support helps all three of your Dragons tremendously as well as Starmie who also lacks recovery. Swords Dance Garchomp with Outrage/EQ/Fire Blast/SD gives your team an extra weapon to beat down sandstall a bit easier, while Wish Support Jirachi can help keep your sweepers healthy while providing some paralysis support since ditching the scarfchomp makes your team a bit slower. If something like a Heatran came in, you could just wish as it comes in while you switch out to your 3 dragons/starmie who can all last a hit from Heatran (barring HP Ice).

CB Nite>Thundurus
YacheSD Chomp>Scarfchomp
Support Jirachi>Shuca

Good luck with the team, hope I helped

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, so I'm here to rate your team.

By the looks of it, this is a very offensive weatherless team based around eliminating Kingdra's counters an sweeping late game with it. Scizor lures in and breaks through Jellicent, Tentacruel, while also checking Celebi. Thundurus-T also lures in Celebi and in general wall breaks. Starmie keeps hazards off of the field and hits extremely hard, while Jirachi sets up SR and lures in Ferrothorn pretty nicely. Finally, Garchomp is used as a revenge killer. Awesome.

I have to say that I actually really like this team, and I don't have too much to suggest. However, I really feel that you should try Scarf Jirachi over Garchomp, and replace Garchomp with the SR lead set with SD. Now I know you've already tried this, but having Jirachi's immense support in the form of U-turn and Healing Wish I feel is far too great to pass up. You're revenge killing most of the same Pokemon like Salamence and Dragonite, and also giving Kingdra free switch ins with U-turn. Garchomp also offers you another wall breaker, which seems like what your team is all about. Starmie wall breaks, Thundurus-T wall breaks, Scizor wall breakers etc. Using the SR set combined wit SD really allows you to dent Ferrothorn, thinking they can set up Spikes on Garchomp.

Here are the sets.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

So yeah, congrats on the awesome team, and I hope my suggestions helped you in some way. Good teams are hard to rate. Anyway, good luck in the future.

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Hey man, got your request. This team is pretty solid and Kingdra is definitely a great poke to utilize in this metagame so nice job there. So looking at the team Sun definitely can be a problem. While you can change the weather with Kingdra, if you have momentum and are in against something that can't threaten you with an attack or Status, Sun threats are going to be a big challenge for your team to face. So first up, I'm going to agree with Plus' suggestion of CB Dragonite over Thundurus-T. Extremespeed helps you Revenge KO a ton of threats on Sun Teams, and Dragonite is an amazing check to Volcarona which threatens your team.

Next, I would agree with ShootinStarmie's suggestion of making Rachi Scarfed and Chomp SR setter with SD. With Dragonite revenging things like Volcarona becomes less of a problem so you can utilize Garchomp more as a early game wallbreaker than a revenge killer. Plus, Scarf Rachi does a great job of checking dragons offensively and defensively which your team really appreciates. Also, your team doesn't like status at all so Healing Wish is a great option for your team.

Lastly, I think you need a more reliable way of taking out steel types, namely Ferrothorn. While Scizor can technically take care of it, your opponent can simply switch out to avoid being KO'd since it is the biggest check to your team. I think you will find using Specs Magnezone over Acrozor to be much more effective in taking out opposing steel types for your team. This will open up the opportunity for you to do some serious damage to your opponent with your combo of Kingdra and Dragonite much easier.

Hopefully my suggestions helped, let me know how it works and good luck with the team!

rachi is beter off sp def cause u hav nothin to take draco meteors

hope u lik dual chop on garchomp cause dragon claw never misses. if u find dual chop useful keep it but its somtin to keep in mind

if u dont want thundy t anymor id grab a heatran to take on latios better and sun teams and its more reliable than suggested dragonite even though it depends on which u like beter

OP has been updated with CB Dragonite>Thundy T. Still testing out other mons. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)