OU RMT FAIRY TYPE POKEMON~

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello once again~ As you can see, my name is Jac and im here to showcase a team i've been running since XY has started.

I was excited for Fairy-type once it was announced and so after beating ingame, i decidied to try out these fairies in the meta. Unforetunately not a lot of them are good perse since Steel is a common attacking type and now everyone wants to run Steel moves just to get the drop on them. Plus Fairies arent exactly physically bulky. Most of them at least.

So without further ado~ here's my team!

TEAMBUILDING

First i started with Togekiss because why not. This beauty is my favorite pokemon and i couldnt make a team of fairies without it~

Next i needed a cleric and `most fairies are clerics but who it use... Originally i went with Florges but after it dying so often and not killing much in return, i decided to go with Sylveon, who hits harder thanks to Pixilate.

Now i needed physical attackers. Who else but to go to Mawile and Azumarril?

2 slots left adn :O

Gardevoir is Fairy now ;w; lgi

and then i needed hazards and i didnt have many options. . . after trying Carbink and realizing it doesnt have much after SR, i went for Klefki.

AT A GLANCE

IN DEPTH LOOK AT MY TEAM

You've met with a terrible fate have you?

Sweet Dreams~ (Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave

The flinchhax queen returns this gen with a new typing~ I opted for Defensive Nasty Kiss because i believe it's the best set it can run. Although it's destroyed by new hard hitting special attackers like LO Gengar and Flash Cannon on Heatran, she can still stand up and paralyze and flinch to death. I tried running Bold 252/252+ but that doesnt mitigate damage well so i just say: fuck it lets go special.

You know what we say in da club?

FAYBAYBAY (Sylveon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]

I've found that Phys Def Sylv gets around a few more hits than Phys Def Florges and im okay with that. Self explanitory cleric set with Wish / Heal Bell because my team hates status and likes big wishes. Now for attacking moves, Hyper Voice is trucky af and will maim anything that doesnt resist or that doesnt have good sdef. HP Ground is strictly here for Heatran and other Fire types. I might opt for a different Hidden Power but Ground has served it's purpose for a while now.

OM NOM NOM

Chewy (Mawile) (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Fang
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

What a fucking boon you got this gen Mawile!

>new fairy typing that doesnt overly fuck it over
>new moves
>mevo that gives it HUGE POWER and unrivaled damage

I just had to use you! Usually Mawile comes in on a threat that doesnt like to lose atk and then proceed to mevo safely and smash with one of it's devestating moves. Iron Head + Play Rough are STABS and then Fire Fang is for Steels who think they get to come in for free, and Sucker Punch is prio because im slow af.

I've never seen someone fall so gracefully~

Almagest (Gardevoir) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Trick
- Moonblast

As you can tell i clearly love HP Ground. This is my massive answer to Heatran. Scarf Garde doesnt hit as hard but sometimes i need a RK and he usually follows through. Obligitory Psyshock becuase fuck blobs and Moonblast to say fuck you to Spcl threats because based drops are based. Trick is my selling point to fuck over defensive Heatrans who rely on lefties and only carry Lava Plume. Silly bitch you cannot harm me~ Also Trace get some other lucky abilities i can use against my opponent.

Oh WATER you waiting for?!

Mizuchu (Azumarill) (F) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

I know i know... You're prolly thinking:

>CB has more power
>LO has more power

I want power without being locked in a move AND without losing HP. Asking for too much you think? I dont think so. I still hit pretty hard. And i can sorta bluff CB on those who dont know the power difference. So this set is Waterfall/Play Rough for big damage. Superpower is more or less for Steels and Aqua Jet is sick priority.

The most bullshit pokemon in OU History AKA BooBooKeys

Booboo Keys (Klefki) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Substitute

This pokemon singlehandedly will make a mockery out of my opponent if left alone. The set itself is a little odd. I used to run swagplay + spikes but taking out Swagger for Substitute makes it easier for me to set up. I can set up on Galvantula without fault unless it spams Thunder (which is smart cuz leaving my sub up i can still get 3 layers) and i can set up on most non ground SR leads. most EQs are 2hkos so at least i can get one/two spikes up. Also it's quite good at it's job at hindering my opponents. I do wanna find a better attacking move since Foul Play is only good against physically attacking pokemon.

Here's an import (i like em shiny so soz)

Sweet Dreams~ (Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave

FAYBAYBAY (Sylveon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Chewy (Mawile) (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Fang
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

Almagest (Gardevoir) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Trick
- Moonblast

Mizuchu (Azumarill) (F) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Booboo Keys (Klefki) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Substitute

If there's something i can do to change it, let me know? I've been quite sucessful but i know my real faults is that i cant deal with other hazards unless i give Togekiss Defog and i would rather not do that. IT is meant to be a monotype team so if you wanna make a change, be mindful of that? Otherwise have at it!

Mawile could run a Swords Dance set, or a Substitute/Focus Punch, both would work very well, as does what you have. You should try them all just to find your preference.

While HP ground can work, I'd think you would want a different one in there somewhere to account for Posion, like Mega Venusaur (which seems like a large weakness to me, as well as Charizard Y which resists fairy and will sweep if Azumarill is out).

Anthiese

formerly Jac
Mega Saur and MEga Zard Y are definitely banes for this team. Usually i try to paralyze with Klefki and then go in for a kill with Garde/Mawile/Azu.

P much any Mega spells trouble unless it's like Banette/Aboma/Toise

I've tried running HP Fire and all it can really nab is Steels but Heatran is a common switch in so i've opted for HP Ground.

I like having my coverage on Mawile and i would hate to forgo one coverage move for SD even though the power boost would be apprieciated. Plus SubPunch isnt really a lovely set to use even though Sub would alliviate status and make it easier. I'll give it a try...

Thanks~

Ok on Azumarill expert belt isn't really ideal. Instead, you should run Assault Vest for that extra special bulk.

The next thing I would change would be to get rid of Sylveon and replace it with Unaware Clefable. This basically allows you to check most setup sweepers, as they'd probably sweep you if Klefki wasn't around.
The EVs would stay the same, but I'd use Stealth Rock>HP Ground and change Hyper Voice to Moonblast obviously.

Finally I'd go with Defog>Nasty Plot on Togekiss. I'd use Mawile as the setup sweeper, as it has much more firepower and Sucker Punch for those revenge killers. Use Swords Dance>Iron Head. Otherwise, this seems like a solid mono fairy type team. Good Luck!

Edit: This team is kind of Excadrill weak so I'd consider running Air Balloon on Klefki.

Last edited:

Anthiese

formerly Jac
Alright i'll try all these out! Although i would be irate to keep resetting my hazards but iunno not dealing with SR would be best.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
This is a pretty cool mono-fairy team, there are a few things I can think of to improve it.
Of course, these are all moveset changes, because you're using the good fairies anyway.

Togekiss is fine.

Mega Mawile, usually SD or SubPunch works best here. The SD set, which is fantastic, uses SD/Knock Off over Fire Fang/Iron head.
Iron Head in general is pretty worthless on mega mawile. Any time you're using iron head, you're usually fine with play rough.
You can keep fire fang, as its still a decent move, but you should replace Iron head with SD or just run the SubPunch entirely
Try both and see what suits you best. I know I like SD, but that might not be the case for you.

For Gardevoir, the only move the scarf set should be running is moonblast imo.
Gardevoir is more of a utility scarfer, and isn't built to hit real hard, because it doesn't. :P
Thus, a moveset along the lines of Moonblast/Trick/Destiny Bonb/Filler would work a lot more to Gardevoir's strengths.

For Azumarill, I'd recommend the banded set with Superpower<Knock Off just so you can OHKO that damn smogonsword on the switch-in. Really handy.

Klefki I'd recommend the dual screens set, to possibly help togekiss/mega mawile set up. Something like Reflect/Light Screen/Foul Play/Thunder Wave also functions as a really cool response to sweepers in general, and prevents a LOT of threats from just shitting all over this team.

Good luck with this fun fairy team!

Anthiese

formerly Jac
I havent even had time to try out the first set of suggestions ;w; but i will try out Knock Off on Azu. I would rather not take away the Ebelt since i want move freedom. I dont have the bulk to continually switch :(

Klefi is my only hazard setter and will stay that way :p I dont really think screens would help bvut i'll give it a shot maybe.

Garde's usually revenging and i guess i could get around to changing one of the moves to DBond but i still get to keep HP Ground!

I've changed Mawile to SD if that matters.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
Skalaylee ily

Changes i've made so far is adding Dbond to Garde's set, SD on M-Mawile's set and Toxic to Sylv's set. I tried out Clefable and didnt like it. And non NP Kiss was not very fun to use.

I did wanan change up and use Play Rough on Klefki but iunno so far my set has gotten me places.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)