OU Offensive

I apologize for the lack of sprites, but I can't figure out how to get them.
Anyway, this is a basic offensive team that I have been using for a while. It has slowly evolved into what you see now.

Azelf

Role: Suicide Lead
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Naive
EVs: 4 Atk, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd
-Stealth Rock
-Psychic
-Fire Blast
-Explosion

This is a standard suicide lead with fire blast instead of taunt. There is nothing out of the ordinary here. If I can I like to save it and use it as fodder for a safe switch in or an expendable revenge killer.

Flygon

Role: Choice Attacker
Item: Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-U turn
-Fire Blast

I went with CB on Flygon instead of a scarf because of scarf Flygon's popularity. When it
comes in, people think it is scarfed, giving me an instant advantage. Scizor and Flygon
work well together with U turn, letting me whither down threats without revealing the rest
of my team. I use outrage to tear apart any pokemon that could pose a large threat to my
team (other than steal types). This occasionally results in Flygon's death when it is stuck
in an outrage against a stell type, but its job has usually been done by that point.
Earthquake and Fire Blast round out the coverage. In this slot I used to have a DDance
Salamence, but I had trouble keeping it alive, so all it was able to do was outrage and pray
that my opponent didn't have a hidden steel type (it rarely worked out well).

Scizor

Role: Early-Game Attacker w/ SD
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 32 HP, 252 Atk, 224 Spd
-Bullet Punch
-U Turn
-Superpower
-Swords Dance

This is a Scizor that has been incredibly useful on my team. After Azelf has died or
switched, I either switch to this or Flygon. I use Scizor for both its early-game abilities
with U Turn as well as a mid game sweeper with SD and bullet punch. Superpower has great
power and since it normally 1 or 2HKOs my opponent the stat drop is not often a problem when
my opponent sends in a counter. While this is my only pokemon with a stat move, its not
normally the one doing the sweep. It started out as a standard CB Scizor, but I hated being
locked into bullet punch because it provided an easy set-up for my opponent and becomes
fodder for Magnezone. This way, I can hit some Magnezone with Superpower before they can
use HP[Fire] to kill it.

Heatran

Role: Fake Choice Scarf Heatran
Item: Expert Belt
Nature: Naive
EVs: 4 Atk, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Explosion
-Hidden Power[Electric]

This Heatran is great because, like Flygon, everyone expects a choice scarf. By bluffing a
scarf my opponent believes that I am choice locked, so when they switch into the obvious
counter, I can hit it with a super effective hit or simply explode on it. I have been
considering using dragon pulse on this set because so many people switch in Latias against
it.

Zapdos

Role: Life Orb Attacker
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd
-Thunderbolt
-Heatwave
-Hidden Power[Grass]
-Roost

This is another great offensive pokemon with good coverage. While it does have troubles
with revenge killing, one of its main jobs is to take care of Swampert and Gyarados, 2HKOing
the former and OHKOing the latter. Mamoswine and Scizor take care of Blissey, both with a
priority move to hit through paralysis and superpower to take down Blissey itself.

Mamoswine

Role: Physical Mamo
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spd
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Superpower
-Ice Shard

This is the newest member of my team. I needed a way to take care of dragons, then
remembered the pain Mamoswine had caused my Salamence. Ice Shard can OHKO all non-bulky
Salamence, and 2HKO all Latias. Stone Edge hits Gyarados, and can hit flying types stronger
than Ice Shard. Earthquake and Superpower round out the coverage.

Overall, I've noticed a weakness to Gengar and Latias. If you have any suggestions, let me
know.

Well good team all in all. I like it.
A quick question how do u do against leads faster then u. Many of those are scarfed (Jirachi) Also i would say Areodactyl but since your team is really good against stealth rock so you are good. Jirachi either attacks or tricks you so what do you do suck up the scarf or switch out.
Hmmmmm... about your problem to Gengar your team seems to be fairly good against it. Depending on which hidden power Gangar has ice or fire it has it can either kill flygon or kill scizor then you can get and easy revenge kill with either of the two (I think) and if it is to hard for your flygon to revenge it you could change fire blast (or any move you like the least) out for crunch then Gengar is dead for good that is the standard one though also crunch does 100% to an offensive calm mind latias set and to the defensive set but change your nature to jolly to pray it does not have a timid nature. (Be warned it will OHKO with dragon pulse you even without a calm mind boost) But it still puts it into killing range for bullet punch well that takes care of both of your problems sometimes. If you want to counter the other sets or gimmicky sets and you just want to kill most versions. You can run zapdos with Twave so it makes Gengar and Latias really easy to revenge kill. By the way if you use Twave you don't have to use a jolly nature on flygon. I think if you use both of these changes latias and gengar will fear you.

Thanks for the suggestions. As for faster leads, I generally do fine. As I said I prefer to save Azelf rather than waste it, so I normally switch out. When I know a lead is faster than me and will taunt I generally just attack so I can 2HKO them. I don't have a big problem with SR so its not terrible that I don't have taunt on Azelf.

If you want a U-turn duo, I suggest having scizor banded. His u-turns leave a bigger dent with choice band, and the fact that LO u-turning don't do much and kills scizor quickly. as mentioned boosting then switching is silly.
Brick break works better with LO, superpower with choice band. you boost with SD, then lose half of your boost with superpower. With choice band it doesn't matter because you will be switching out alot anyhow.

Dragon pulse stops dragons from completely walling you. It depends who you have bigger issues with, gyrados or dragons. (however most dragons can shrug of a dragon pulse and KO with earthquake namely salamence.)

Hi.

First off, Azelf. Standard and good. However, I don't like the fact that you're using Fire Blast over Taunt. Fire Blast only helps against Metagross and Jirachi. Metagross carries Occa Berry most of the time whereas Jirachi outspeeds you and hits you with Iron Head for the 2HKO while you have 40% chance of attacking. So to tl;dr Fire Blast is useless. Taunt allows you to beat Bulky leads like Swampert and Roserade to prevent them from setting up SR or putting you to sleep in Roserade's case.

The first thing I noticed when I looked at your team is the lack of water resist. This automatically makes you DD Gyarados weak. To top it off, your team gives it plenty of opportunities to setup; for example it Scizor is a setup fodder and it can come in on a locked Earthquake or Fire Blast on Flygon and proceed to setup. It can outspeed your whole team after a DD.

Also, your team has huge issues with Heatran. Nothing can actually switch-into a STAB Fire Blast and it gets a free switch-in while coming in on a locked Fire Blast on Flygon. The biggest issue regarding Heatran is that a ScarfTran outspeeds your whole team. If it manages to come in safely it will with no doubt sweep your whole team with the appropriate move. It will also be annoying since it can revenge kill your whole team so if the opponent out-predicts you, you will be in huge trouble.

Now, another threat you are weak to is Infernape. Just like Heatran it outspeeds your whole team but it also has the capability of switching moves so it will be even more dangerous to your team. Using the appropriate move every member of the team is OHKOed/2HKOed.

Finally, your last weakness are fast special sweepers mainly Specs Jolteon and Starmie (LO versions especially). All your Pokemons are outsped and easily KOed.

If you noticed, all of your team's weaknesses are to fast sweepers that are specially inclined except for Gyarados which is easily revenge killed with an electric move. This means that if we add a fast revenge killer with high special defence and an electric attack, the problem can be solved. This problem can easily be solved by using a Choice Scarf Latias over your CB Flygon. It isn't such a big change as they have similar typing except you do lose some immediate power in exchange of an excelent check to all of these threats mentioned above. Just a word of caution, CS Latias is Pursuit weak so watch out as he can easily be revenge killed, so make sure you kill Tyranitar and Scizor since your team handles them extremely well.

Scizor + Mamo --> Tyranitar
Heatran + Zapdos --> Scizor

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid / Levitate
EV Spread: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Moves: Thunderbolt / Draco Meteor / Surf / Trick

Overall, I've noticed a weakness to Gengar and Latias. If you have any suggestions, let me
know.
Even though I don't see a Gengar and Latias weakness, you can try slapping a Choice Band onto Scizor in order to Pursuit them, this will ensure that these threats don't make any problems.

Scizor @ CB
Adamant / Technician
EV Spread: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpDef
Moves: Bullet Punch / Pursuit / Superpower / U-Turn

Finally, I would like to suggest an alternative EV spread for your Zapdos. I have used this set my self and the most successful spread I used was: 76 HP / 252 SpAtk / 180 Spe. The Speed EVs allow Zapdos to outspeed max speed Jolly Lucario while still packing some bulk to take hits and avoiding the 2HKO from a +2 Extreme Speed.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

I just want to tweak the Zapdos ev spread Nosferalto suggested to: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 spe. His spread does survive a +2 Extreme Speed but it doesn't account SR damage. Just a nitcpick since most has already been covered.

Hiya!

I noticed that you mentioned your Gengar and Latias weakness. That's not true. Your Scizor can revenge Gengar, and Mamoswine can revenge both threats. With that said, you actually have a DD Gyara weakness. After a DD, you fail to have anything that can kill it effectively, since it outspeeds everything.

To help remedy this, I will suggest a Scarf Latias over Flygon. Having both Flygon and Scizor to scout seems repetitive. With Scarf Latias, you would be able to effectively revenge Gyara as well as your said Gengar "weakness." You don't really lose much with the loss of Flygon.

Good luck.

Hey Blat,

Few suggestions,

Azelf: You might want to replace it to your Mamoswine since now in the metagame Mamo isn't the greatest sweeper we'd see in OU, so try the Mamoswine lead it's pretty good. So the EVs are the same for your mamo you have currently, change change Mamoswines item into Focus sash and then add this moveset: Ice shard l Earthquake l Stealth rock l Endeavor.

Flygon: You don't really have anything on your team that fast so what I do recommend you change is Flygons nature into Jolly and then changing the item into Choice scarf so you could possibly stop Salamence. Then just switch Fire blast into Thunderpunch to beat Gyarados easy.

Scizor: LOScizor isn't that great might just want to change it into Choice band because it isn't that fast and you might want to take advantage of Gengar and latias and rotom, and all those stuff, so just use 248 HP / 252 attack / 8 Speed. Moveset will be: Uturn l Superpower l Bullet punch l Pursuit.

Heatran: I definitly don't like the item, it might be tricky, but I don't recommend it, How about you change it for the Subset because you don't get statused or Just kill something that you know you'll be able to kill because it doesn't take that much prediction, Evs: 252 Speed / 252 Sp.attack / 6 HP, Moveset will be Subsitute l Fire Blast l Toxic l Earth Power.

Zapdos: Don't find much problem, could keep it.

Mamoswine: You now have to replace it with something that can help synergy on your team which I find is Machamp it can take the rock attacks at Zapdos, and just a great pokemon overall, Try the Subset probably the best Machamp set in my opinon, it's 248 HP / 252 Attack / 8 Speed. The moveset will be: Dynamic punch l Payback l Stone Edge l Subsitute.

Good luck in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)