(OU) funziez.

I didn't make this team with any real out come in mind (as far as beating stall and things of that nature) but it works very well and if I had to give it a name for what it accomplishes its just sheer frustration.

Breloom (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Thunderpunch
- Seed Bomb
- Sky Uppercut

I don't know where the trend of SR / Focus sash suicide leads came from but I absolutly hate it. This thing outs peeds a lot and spores> Aerodactly leads out speed and taunt for the most part but I haven't seen many recently.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

After spore people like to stay and and try and wake up and SR if they do this I Nasty Plot up and deal some damage, counter comes in and I U-turn out of there.

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

This thing revenge kills a lot. I dont use outrage untill all i have left is 2-3 pokemon to pick off, I didn't like the current ScarfMence on the site because I like coming in on heatran and Pumping, he switches and im hitting the flying / pokemon with levitate they switched in predicting EQ.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP/108 Atk/100 Def/144 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Double-edge

Everything is getting bulkier and bulkier these days, I ran return > D-E it wasn't taking care of things like D-E does.

Orange (Steelix) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP/120 Atk/136 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Loves coming in on outrages and setting up, helps with scizor as well.

Best (Cresselia) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/144 Def/114 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Trick
- Moonlight
- Icy Wind
- Charge Beam

Tricks CS, Icy Winds them if im not happy with who I tricked to, cripples things very well, My gyarados counter.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I suggest to give Breloom stone edge over thunderpunch: it still takes care of Gyarados while also hitting hard Salamence\Dragonite. Also consider mach punch over seed bomb: it may help stopping a SD Lucario sweep (your only safe switch into it is Gyarados), and rock\fight give already perfect coverage.

I would give your Azelf Explosion over u-turn: Blissey can be a problem if she packs thunder wave, so, eliminating her early game would be of course helpful.

Again, I would consider stone edge on Gyarados: it still gives the nice nutral coverage with watefall that normal\water gives, but will also ohko Salamence and non bulky Gyarados after SR damage, the high critical hit ratio somethimes helps with Vaporeon.

On your tricking Cresselia I would consider flame orb: most common switches into Cresselia are TTar\Scizor which will be crippled by the burn more than by the scarf (they're usually banded, so they'll feel the loss in power but not being locked into a move). Also ice beam>icy wind.

Good luck!

I see a lot of problems with moveset choices.

Breloom: Stone Edge has better coverage than Thunderpunch (and is stronger) and Superpower is a better Fighting move to use than Sky Uppercut.

Azelf: U-turn seems out of place on a Nasty Plot set. I would recommend HP Fighting over it so you have something to hit Heatran and Tyranitar with (also OHKOs weavile if your predict his switchin, which flamethrower cannot).

Salamence: Outrage on something with no Attack EVs seems like a waste. Without any sort of attack boost you won't even guaranteed 2HKO 0/252 Bold Blissey. I suggest switching this to Dragon Pulse, so you have a consistent STAB attack for later in the game. That or switch this to a MixMence EV spread and give him Life Orb over Scarf

Gyarados: Double Edge is a worse option than Stone Edge, which will be you best bet against other Gyaras and Salamence.

Cresselia: Scarf is kind of useless when you don't trick it, meaning if your opponent catches on to your strategy he can make Cress worthless by switching other Scarfers into it. Both Charge Beam and Icy Wind are incredibly weak on their own, and Moonlight is inconsistent in a metagame with so much sandstorm.

I see a lot of problems with moveset choices.

Breloom: Stone Edge has better coverage than Thunderpunch (and is stronger) and Superpower is a better Fighting move to use than Sky Uppercut.

I might consider Superpower because I am just having him come in and attack and leave. I have other pokemon to handle flying types and I sometimes need this to come in on waterfalls from gyara and OHKO with punch.

Azelf: U-turn seems out of place on a Nasty Plot set. I would recommend HP Fighting over it so you have something to hit Heatran and Tyranitar with (also OHKOs weavile if your predict his switchin, which flamethrower cannot).

I've used many differant azelfs and one thing i've noticed is that this thing doesn't like staying in and sweeping. I like to save gyara for late game sweeping and with the Hp Fight set Azelf would also have to wait for late game. By late game is I usually dont have to bring this out untill the end.
This set comes in and just does damage. If i'm not going to OHKO things with this I'd rather u-turn out and save it for later.

Salamence: Outrage on something with no Attack EVs seems like a waste. Without any sort of attack boost you won't even guaranteed 2HKO 0/252 Bold Blissey. I suggest switching this to Dragon Pulse, so you have a consistent STAB attack for later in the game. That or switch this to a MixMence EV spread and give him Life Orb over Scarf

Like I said I never use outrage untill I know exactly whats left on thier team and I only use it at the very end.

Gyarados: Double Edge is a worse option than Stone Edge, which will be you best bet against other Gyaras and Salamence.

This hits more things neutral and after testing both this came out as more productive.

Cresselia: Scarf is kind of useless when you don't trick it, meaning if your opponent catches on to your strategy he can make Cress worthless by switching other Scarfers into it. Both Charge Beam and Icy Wind are incredibly weak on their own, and Moonlight is inconsistent in a metagame with so much sandstorm.

How can you just say tricking is in effective because other pokemon can come in with scarf, many pokemon run trick / scarf. Im not trying to hurt things terribly with this, icy wind is to cripple pokemon that have just been scarfed and for things that generally just switch and arent nessicarily hurt all that much by ice beam but value thier speen and would prefer to not lose any. Charge beam is just for hitting gyara.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)