OU CCAT - Mark III (Laddering/Discussing - See Post #547)

At least you could've told me that Zoroark will be removed from the voting so I could've submit another nomination... Anyways~

1. White symphoni's Salamence
2. StairFall's FO Sygilyph
3. Ithilanor's Flame Plate Victini

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
1. alkinesthetase's QD Venomoth
2. PenguinX's Subpass Gliscor
3. Pillsburydoughboy's Latias

voting for myself because duh, subpass gliscor because i'm intrigued to see how we'll build a team around such a versatile supporter, and latias because fuck yeah latias

yeah my motivation was not very complicated this time around

peng

Unmasked
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
1. PenguinX's SubPass Gliscor
2. Dragonuser's Sharpedo
3. Asterat's Jynx

Basically just trying to avoid anything remotely stall-y since stall is mediocre in bw2.

edit: also it might have been a good idea to hold this off until suspect voting ends on friday, because the viability of some of the suggested mons might change a bit, or people may want to tweak their nominated movesets to compensate. An example is SDef Hippo; generally physically defensive hippo has more utility in a chomp meta so tehy may have wanted to tweak his EV spread a bit to compensate for that (just an example...).

1. My Hitmontop

Like Scarfwynaut said, outside Tentacruel all spinners are a 'last pick' Pokemon, meaning it may not be as effective as it could be. Hitmontop is the only Spinner who can spin Deoxys-D/Ghost type core easily, and can wall many Pokemon with Intimidate. Other Pokemon who like to come in on Rapid Spin such as Ferrothorn take big damage thanks to Close Combat.

2. Joeyboy's RP Genesect

I have faced this Pokemon loads and it has done huge damage so I feel it could be a good choice to make a good team. I would suggest a bit more bulk and maybe having Giga Drain is a choice too, but we can change or keep that if chosen.

3. GatoDelFuego's RP Lamdorus

Again I would like to suggest a bulkier set making it able to set up easier and take Priority better, This set is also commonly used, however it is a very good set and a Pokemon that would start at making a good team.

1.TheQWAZ's weavile
2.Lavos Spawn's tormentran
3. Stairfall's Sigilyph.

1.I really want to see weavile in this meta game and maybe figure out why it dropped a tier. Was it because it shifted more towards bulky offence so Mamoswine was unanimously better? was it because it couldn't abuse the weather in any way? The 4x fighting weakness?

2. I think tormentran is super neat and one of my favourite pokemon. heatran has 4 4x resists and an immunity that makes increases the power of its stab. I would say it largely doesn't need those defensive EVs and could run 252hp/252spatk in order to dish out more damage while it hides behind its sub. that just might be me though.

3. First off this is my pokemon and I'm a self absorbed creep so of course I'm voting for it. But more importantly Sigi has a neutrality to bug giving it an edge over reuniclus and is far more bulky after a few boosts. The two main problems are that it's a mono attacker and its STAB has an immunity as well as being resisted by the omnipresent steel types. On top of that it has a weakness to electric and ice which is bad news with thundurus-t running around plus a weakness to rock which means sandstorm teams will mess it up.

1. My Feraligatr
2. Ithsomething's Flame Plate Victini
3. TheQWAZ's Weavile

gatr is a boss, friends. Let's build an original rain team. :]

1. PillsburyDoughBoy's Latias
2. StairFall's Sigiglyph
3. FrozenUk's Hitmontop

While greedy starting off with my own nomination, I believe Latias will nail down quite a bit of problems we will find going down latter in our CCAT such as how to handle various powerful threats in the meta like RP Landorus, Keldeo and Breloom while covering some obscure ones like stall. I would like to note my primary reason for going with the following choices is that it leaves us with the most open options on the direction of the team we are taking. Given modifications, each of these pokes can be made to be on a defensive, balance, or very offensive team (LO Sigiglyph anyone?). Particularly Hess options haven't seen a lot of use and are relatively unexplored. Teams with RP Genesect, RP Landorus, Terrakion, and Lucario have been done a lot now that we are settled in BW2.

1. Substitute Hydreigon
  2. SubPass Gliscor
  3. Swords Dance Feraligatr
All three of these Pokemon lend themselves to the most creative teams in my opinion. There are lots of ways you can go to support a Substitute Hydreigon sweep, considering it can get past every Steel-type; Swords Dance Feraligatr is a stand-alone sweeper that really only requires rain to thrive—the rest is up to the team builder; SubPass Gliscor is cool because it acts as a pivot that brings offensive momentum too. All of these are sets that you can use to really go any way with the CCAT, and they don't lend themselves to cookie cutter teams. There were a few more sets I really liked, but these are what I'm voting for.

SubPass Gliscor

I've tried many of the others suggested here and they've done poorly, but this set looks interesting.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
1. My Heatran (I wouldn't nominate it if I didn't strongly believe in it)
2. dragonuser's Sharpedo
3. Asterat's Jynx

Ganj4lf's Poliwrath
Dragonuser's Sharpedo
alexwolf's Prankster Riolu

I think that Poliwrath and Sharpedo would be interesting and solid choices for this CCAT.
And gimmicks have always appealed to me

Hellz no. I stopped showing up right in time for noms.

1. Ganj4lf's Poliwrath
2. Princess Bri's Feraligatr
3. StairFall's FL Sigilyph

I voted for what I did because oh look I don't have to justify myself. Put simply, it's generally harder to build a team around a defensive team than an offensive one, but Poliwrath is a boss, and it (more than any other choice) opens us up to the possibility of team that spams phazing moves and hazards (but not a spikestacking team, I promise). Feraligatr was because have you seen the calcs for that thing? Also, Feraligatr is the most aesthetically pleasing choice. And finally, Sigilyph. Again, it's a tough defensive pokemon, but it's one of very few Pokemon with a GOOD burning move, and it counters Breloom. Also, I'd like to see a re-make of Solum's Core team that can effectively utilize this bird. Wow ever since I got lazy my attitude has been awful. Sorry Smogon.

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
1.My Alakazam
2.ClubbingSealCub's Shaymin
3.Dragon Users SB Sharpedo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)