Tournament Other Metagame World Cup - Shout Outs (Won by TEAM EUROPE)

Shoutouts:
LordBox Sorry that you were forced into the BO3 slot despite not really wanting to. All things considered, you didn't do too badly. Learning STAB from scratch was tough, not to mention BH and AAA meaning we had to recycle quite often. Trust me when I say you will develop into a more well-rounded player.
BlackKnight_Gawain In hindsight, maybe TR and Beat Up lean a bit on fishing side, but tbh the Inheritance meta is pretty broken so what can you do? Appreciated your motivation to test and stuffs though.
Dj Breloominati♬ Redflix might not let you live with the 0-3 but frankly, all our AAA players wanted to avoid playing so who can we blame? You also didn't exactly play AAA so it's understandable that you were rusty.
DugZa The meta was pretty hectic so you did the best you could. I know you are in a lot of tours though + Monotype duty so you couldn't be more active.
Euphonos You might not have been the most active in the latter stage of pools but your effort to figure out the meta was very commendable.
Frozoid Sorry that you had to tough it out and went 0-3 in the end. Originally we thought you would be a high quality sub that could help test and provide some insights for MAMP but MAMP ended up too busy so you had to bear the brunt of it. You were always a valuable member to our team though and I appreciated you trying your best to make up for it. You definitely should space your games out next time though, your game 3 was played on tilt after game 2 which definitely affected your mentality considering it's also BH.
Kaif You really proved you are a force to be reckoned with. Going 3-0 and even supporting BO3 slot, you one-handedly carried our team, even if our team didn't get the best result, you were definitely the biggest shining point for us.
MAMP Pretty sad that you couldn't catch up in time. With weeks we might have had enough time but good luck in whatever you are doing.
Memoric Apology that you didn't get to do much. We all thought it would be weeks instead of pools so we kinda first intended for YoBuddy to start and you would play later on. Hope you found PiC interesting at least.
Redflix Thank you for choosing us over China, such dedication you have both for your choice and effort to build despite being pretty busy. We couldn't surpass China this year but we will do better next year.
SpaceSpeakers Really high activity while provided great team environment while in finals week. You da hero for sure.
YoBuddy Coming into our force out of nowhere and casually going 3-0, what can I say? You really gave them a taste of what you are capable of. Really hope to see you in more PiC tours in the future.
pichus Thanks for letting us use the discord and doing the discord and some manager work. Sad that you couldn't make it cause we really wanted you to be on the roster.
Velcroc Your insight and enthusiasm really brought a breath of fresh air to the team. If competition wasn't so fierce you definitely should have a roster spot.

Sorry if I might have been a bit critical at times, I'm a perfectionist so I'd like to point out where people can improve wherever I can (also why I'm not confident enough to join many tours these days, my plays haven't been the best they can be). I promise

Teams that I built for my team to use:
Godly Gift
:Weezing-Galar::Sawsbuck::Skeledirge::Koraidon::Alomomola::Walking Wake: - Sawsbuck sun
It was definitely a more solid sun team, though the one I gave DugZa had Chi-Yu obviously, and Sawsbuck had Tera Ground with High Horsepower. I did tell DugZa not to load this into Fraise though because Fraise believes Corviknight is real while pdt doesn't but there must have had misunderstanding somewhere. Still I think it should have won that game vs Fraise. Was debating between Sawsbuck and Hilligant, both have pros and cons. Hilligant can go Jolly to troll Sneasler 50% of the time and Hawlucha while having a more comfortable matchup vs Corviknight. It's still pretty tough to cover everything though, like Skeledirge. You are kinda forced to choose between Tera Blast and High Horsepower and give up on one or the other with Sawsbuck. They are both reliant on Tera though so really they are both pretty fishy. Sawsbuck also has Horn Leech so it can keep itself healthy in some matchups. The other teams are pretty standard.
:Gholdengo::Gliscor::Clefable::Arceus-Ghost::Alomomola::Great Tusk:- Hazard stack Fat
If there's a touch matchup for this team it's Garganacl. I opted for PechaTrick to deal with Gliscor, but you can run other techs like Covert Cloak for Garg or Ability Shield to cteam RoFnA prevent Neutralizing Gas Weezing-G. Ghostceus is the best option to spinblock Tusk, Judgment over Hex to deal more damage to Skeledirge or other mons without needing to WoW first. Clefable was Leftovers, I changed it to Boots but I think either is fine. Gliscor doesn't need U-turn as much on fat structures like this so Knock to pressure Boots teams is better. Maybe Tera Dragon is better on Clefable though to ease Waterpon matchup.
:Dachsbun::Eternatus::Clodsire::Ninetales-Alola::Corviknight::Conkeldurr:- Specs Alolatales Balance
Alolatales is a pretty interesting anti-meta pick. Freeze-Dry just nukes most defensive cores around that rely on Water-types, Alomomola mostly but also Washtom. Steel might be a problem but the only Steel that actually resists Ice is Ghold which is nuked by Dark Pulse. Same goes for Skeledirge, Heatran's stock has fallen, Iron Moth, Volcanion and Volcarona are still hit decently hard by Dark Pulse. It also has surprising defensive utility, being able to tank hits from Chien-Pao for example, or possibly live a +2 Wild Charge from Iron Hands. The team was made before Chi-Yu's ban so Dachsbun was pretty valuable to stop both it and Koraidon, but ngl it's still pretty decent now with fat Wish. Fire Spin Eternatus is pretty experimental, but Tera Fire Fire Spin can actually be a pain to deal with at times. I also used this in my first games to get req.
:Sableye::Lokix::Spectrier::Alomomola::Iron Treads::Calyrex-Ice:- Lokix Spectrier Offense
I wanted to try a more offense approach and came up with this. Chi-Yu was still a pain so sadly I still had to fall back on Alomomola, the SpA increase is nice though to punish Gliscor properly and maybe force it to Tera, though I guess Spe slot for slower Flip Turn is also an option. Unaware is usually the go to against setup, but I like Sableye here which is also effective, as Lokix can't stop Rayquaza and Arceus. Lokix can break teams pretty fast, though against Def Alomomola you will need to Knock and get Rock up to slowly chip it. Calyrex-Ice is also good for this reason. It has enough Speed to outslow Alomomola, so it can Trick it on the switch-in and click an attack as it Flip Turn out since most teams rely only on pivot + breaker so something will have to take heavy hit from it. Seed Bomb hits Alomomola and Washtom. Treads alleviates some pressure from Alomomola against Helectrode so that Alomomola isn't forced to just Tera. Ice Spinner for Gliscor. The star of the team I wanted to build around is Spectrier. With an already decent HP stat, giving it Def is more appealing compared to using Def Flutter since 341 vs 251 HP is pretty substantial even if Flutter has better typing and Speed. Getting a KO also allows Spectrier to snowball quicker which is another plus, it will get tons of HP from Draining Kiss with Tera.
Inheritance
:Scream Tail::Gholdengo::Chansey::Iron Hands::Ursaluna-Bloodmoon::Conkeldurr:- Trick Room
There are some archetypes I just try to build in pretty much all metas, Trick Room is one of them. Trying to come up with a good enough set of setters was pretty challenging though, and you just have to choose between having an ability or pivot. I put emphasis on ability so these were chosen, and the TR attackers honestly are bulky enough to switch in directly, especially with Wish from Chansey. You still kinda need to predict correctly to make the most out of Trick Room though so you need to click very precisely against matchups that you can't just spam Fighting moves. Keeping hazards off is a big priority, so try to get Chansey in against them. Iron Hands can choose between Facade and Leech Life, Leech Life gives recovery while Facade gives some safety net against status. Conk needs Heavy Slam over Iron Head to OHKO Scream Tail, though it's banned now so you might opt for Iron Head again. The ideal sequence should be leading with Chansey and switching into Scream Tail on an attack to pivot out.
:Landorus-Therian::Roaring Moon::Heatran::Goodra-Hisui::Urshifu-Rapid-Strike::Weezing-Galar:- Beat Up
And the other archetype I always try to build is Beat Up. Moon has the best Attack and Speed for this. You can choose between 3 Technician Beat Up users, Maushold gives Pop Bomb which can come in handy but also nukes itself against Helmet or Rough Skin, Fezandipiti gives the best neutral coverage, Ambipom gives Fake Out, though that isn't the most necessary. Lando-T for general defensive wall + phazing. Heatran to keep Beat Up at maximum power. I originally had Chimecho but Chimecho's movepool sucks and forces it to use a move like Encore or something besides Knock and recovery. Hoodra does what it does in every tier. Urshifu-R is just good in general while providing Speed control. Geezing was originally added to deal with Urshifu but over time I realized it also handles Walking Wake and Waterpon so it has more value than I thought. Also decent Attack.
Partners in Crime
:Perrserker::Gholdengo::Heatran::Volbeat::Rotom-Wash::Landorus-Therian:- Steely Spirit
Nobody had built with Steely Spirit so I gotta be the first. Added Volbeat cause why not. Since Ghold is the star I need to provide it maximum security, so Ability Shield, Flash Fire, Levitate, Intimidate all join forces to prepare it for Make it Rain once Perrserker is ready to go in. I forgot what the EVs do except Perrserker to live Sacred Sword from Chien-Pao.
:Ogerpon-Hearthflame::Torkoal::Walking Wake::Lilligant-Hisui::Tsareena::Flutter Mane:- Sun
Pretty standard sun team. You don't need to use Tsareena here, I just defaulted to it since I'm used to gen 8, but Farigiraf should be better here.
:Gastrodon::Pelipper::Politoed::Ludicolo::Basculegion-F::Tsareena:- Surf Spam Rain
I saw a rain team pretty high on DOU ladder with Surf spam so I instantly moved to get this squad up. You probably can fit Waterpon somewhere but Idk, 2 rain setters are kinda necessary with how common sun is (and to some extent Alolatales). Geezing kinda sends this team into oblivion, and it did during my test game with YoBuddy.
Meme teams I built for my teammates when we were already out that sadly nobody ended up using (I take no responsibility for any loss caused by or using these teams but will take any credit if you win)
:Ting-Lu::Muk-Alola::Walking Wake::Iron Jugulis::Rotom-Frost::Iron Treads:- Inheritance
It's not about winning, it's about sending a message.
:Dachsbun::Mabosstiff::Landorus-Therian::Zacian-Crowned::Okidogi::Arcanine-Hisui:- Godly Gift
Like the team name suggests, this team has that dawg in it. If you claim to be a pro but don't want to use this team, then I'm afraid you are all bark and no bite.
:Regieleki::Regidrago::Garganacl::Rabsca::Clodsire::Slowking-Galar:- Mix and Mega
Explode, revive, explode, rinse and repeat.
:Enamorus-Therian::Iron Hands::Hoopa-Unbound::Grimmsnarl::Slowbro-Galar::Kingambit:- STABmons
Your biggest nightmare comes true. Use your ultimate skill and make your opponent admit your superiority with sheisty Quick Claw and Quick Draw procs. Actually won 2 games with this.

Last edited:

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
yowza we out i'll be quick

I didn't enjoy this tour a lot, metas weren't rly interesting, I mainly built with my friends which was fun but can't say the team was super united, I'm glad I had a fine record but I can't say i played my games well, unlike almost all the bo3 slots (i think) we tried to build every teams (at least in AAA and STAB.. in BH we stole and did edits but at least it wasn't already used teams!) and that might be a reason (it's tiring to build 9 teams in 2 weeks :D)

w/e here are my teams :

vs LordBox :
- STABmons : I built all my stab teams with Atha this guy has quite good ideas and he actually helped me more than my fellow buddy Palapapop although his help was clutch. Atha opened the tier, said "Bloodmoon is broken", built a team with Sub to take advantage of Pex (best way to win in the tier btw), there we go. Pex + Ogerpon is a core I reused but it's called "safety vs Palafin" and it does SO much things, Sylveon is mandatory Glaive Rush switch-in + Court Change is broken, Zapdos checks Lando, Lando is Lando, pretty straightforward
- AAA : you want to know what peak AAA looks like ? open this team. It's boring, nothing's interesting and it sums up why I dislike this meta. It's very close to an optimal 6 (unless you faced Intim Quaquaval Atha told me this didn't exist anymore..) and it's so boring to play.. I hate this team
- BH : I do not know BH, I am SUPER bad in BH, this team must be broken cuz not only I got my only BH win with it but it was in 19 turns too.. shoutouts palapapop for the broken Arceus set

vs Clas :
- STABmons : After atha's Bloodmoon, I opened the builder and said "in fact, any ground is broken in this tier". Lando was the easy pick, Mamo was the cooler pick. This team is honestly quite cool I just underestimated how stupidly broken and unbalanced is this tier, I got HO'd, I lost. I tried to be cool I got owned by the brokens, happen :c
- BH : idk. our BH prep always sucked, I had a team that I didn't like (I ended up not using it at all woops sorry pala), I asked sevag ideas, he told me to copy QT's team from BH Money Tour. Turns out I had a hard MU, forgot a few things, lost. Basically what happened in all my BH games.

vs QT :
- STABmons : HO is broken HO is broken so I HO'd. I played this series SUPER bad cuz I knew we were in and I did at least 3 major mistakes in this game (forgetting EDrift isnt SE on water ogerpon, forgetting it has WA so I can't Jet Punch it with my own oger, etc..) and yet I won easily. This tier is just not balanced, maybe ban tera ? idk just saying ^^'
- BH : idk BH, have I ever said that ? stole a team from Akira that Atha used for livetours BO and since he won with it I was like maybe it's THE team ? turns out it wasn't. I won a couple of 50/50 but idk I lost.. I'd like to blame MU but ngl I do not even know I just clicked
- AAA : well this was the team I was supposed to use vs Clastia so I didn't rebuild, classic and boring AAA team with Quaqua and Meloetta to be original but in fact they both suck but at least I didn't use manaphy..! also played this game horribly, why I didn't Low Kick the RMoon with Quaqua ? I don't know.

vs Ivar :
- BH : I tried to play BH. I brought real teams. I lost. I tried to cheese. I lost. And I still have no idea if I fucked up somewhere. This tier is just a mystery. Anyway the gameplan was "cheese, setup, if I setup Lunala, I NEED to win the speedtie vs Imposter." I lost it!!!!! not my fault !!!
- STABmons : I played 3 games of STABs without using the most broken mon of this tier (and god knows there are a LOT of broken things in this tier), so I used it, and it did Roaring Moon things. Gliscor was also a cool pic that happened to do way more things I expected it to do lmao. Probably the only game of the 11 I played I'm happy with, felt like I did the right things.
- AAA : (don't translate the name of the teams btw) yeah man idk at some point this tier is boring you gotta do something to make it fun, building this team was the fun. I'm really bad at using HOs and should've lost that game prob, but at least it's funny.. will I start a trend of random Stamina Stail in serious tours? maybe..

On the tiers :
- I really hope I won't have to play BH in serious tours ever again
- I really dislike current AAA meta, too many things that are centralizing, Manaphy is so fucking annoying and the Manaphy vs Manaphy interactions are so cringe, it's neither fun to build, play, or watch atm
- STABmons was the tier I liked the most lmao, although prob the less balanced of the three (see: palapapop vs rofna). Building with my friends and shouting random ideas was fun and you actually have some creativity to use things you like. Roaring Moon needs to go though, Tera probably too

On the tour :
The format was weird, bo3 sucks, pic & inh slots seemed bad too but it's maybe cuz we were bad in them, pools system sucks too I'll say it one more time so it's written and known, apparently it's planned to rework the OMWC format for next year but I'm still saying it, people may disagree and that's fine, but the reason being "oh we did weeks last year so we gonna do pools this year" and "in a [hidden] contrib chan, ppl voted 2-1 in favor of pools" is NOT a reason that should've been used and yet it was the best explanations given w/e I just hope it'll be more clear if this happens another time (not to mention that the "Week 1" rule was barely used and stuff like that).

I hate to do that but ngl a huge part of what the tour was also not super enjoyable is that I did not find the hosting to be at the level. Nothing against Giagantic or anything and I've probably be annoying many times, but hosting this tour alone was probably a mistake and all the rules confusions, the sheet that was not updated and/or wrongly updated which is legit the most important thing in a pools format (and no, not knowing your team chances is not a good thing, it's a serious tournament and we're not gonna playing blindfolded), the whole Canada thing too, the format at the beginning of the semis that was just unusable etc. I have no doubt that you'll improve and it is a very tiring job to host a whole tour, but you shouldn't have been left alone and hopefully there'll be 2 hosts next times.
Genuiely sorry for this rant, I love to roast people (see: I'm embiterred af) and to say what I think but I have a lot of respect for ppl hosting a tour, just felt like it wasn't good this time

random shoutouts to Atha Siamato Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ Palapapop ghostlike for being a fun, cool, and useful presence in my chat, I enjoyed all of our build and shitpost sessions
shoutouts to Gman for being handsome and Redflix for proofreading my english homeworks, love y'all

Last edited:
Here are the teams i played during OMWC if anyone is interested : https://pokepast.es/4b32d351b0f6a5f3

So Shoutouts to every member of team France, i was happy to reach semi-finals with you all :)
I wasn't really able to help every tier slot since i was really busy about that (especially for BH, sorry damflame :(
I'm gonna highlight people who helped me in Stab or everywhere else

Atha : You're a really good AAA player and you know it, but please, stop with court change in stabmons, No you don't have to play that move on every single team...
Gman : The nicest user on smogon :heart: was really happy to see you once again, good luck with all your work, i hope to see you around last year !!
Siamato : He love retirement, retirement doesn't love him. Even with a real job Siamato don't want to stop playing pokemon ... Joke aside you're always helpfull and you're a really kind guy (except maybe with the T...)
Osake : You don't deserve your 0-4... that's really unfortunate and it doesn't reflect the good player you are. Unluck happens, keep the work and you will smurf on OMPL no doubt !
Dragonillis : Nullard. Always a pleasure to manage with you even if i'm not really helpfullas a co-manager ... but at least we did playoff 2 time this year together, and i'm happy with that :3
Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ : you're awesome too !! i really appreciated your presence and help, just keep working on your mood, a lose isn't all your fault and you did great overall. You can easilystay on your path and you will soon be a great OM player !!

S/o to everyone else on the team, and good luck to Europe for finals !

Last edited:
I think writing one this thing helps me relief my depression so I'm doing it.

vs. Akira
Team - :arceus-ghost::mewtwo-mega-x::eternatus::aegislash::ho-oh::zacian:
Akira is no doubt the biggest enemy in this pool so i decided not to give him much time to prepare. One thing I disagree with Ren's predict and many others' opinions is that, I was already not someone who needed to "learn" the meta. I mean, how can one not learn enough when he did a 28-2 suspect run + 8 rounds in a serious tour + China's OMPL support role (yea we held a China's OMPL this year)?
About the preparation I was most worried about Akira's Greninja-Ash + Blissey sap-block team. And generally after scanning his all public teams I thought double offensive regenerators should be a good structure against him since you both attacks and pivots and don't need to waste turns to heal or get sap-blocked. Also people don't have ways to deal with setup attackers so the pseudo-belly-drum mmx was here.
Team is not beautiful since I was just throwing desired sets together but it turned out the structure worked quite well.

Game - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9balancedhackmons-1978683402
This is my first win against Akira in gen 9 iirc. I think he's very good but as a somehow up-and-coming player he may lack some tour experience. Thus he didn't play the best such as trying to outstall my ghostceus with imposter + celesteela + hooh. However this game has too many scary elements for him so it's quite understandable to panic. On my side I just need to win the mmx coinflip or otherwise don't misplay in the following game, which is relatively easy.

vs. XxLazzerpenguinxX
Team - :yveltal::deoxys-attack::diancie-mega::chansey::arceus-poison::dialga-origin:
This team was originally a cteam to Fun Trading since I found their teams not very resistant to specs mdiancie when they like to do role compression on their fairy-resists. However after the game I accidentally find almost no team is resistant to the mdiancie + deoa combination. And with a solid defensive core this team is more than a cteam. It's universally good.
That being said I failed to prepare a good team against sev cuz there was so little information and not to metion sev is a creative builder which is hard to prepare for. Plus I've never reused teams in team tours. I reused.

Game - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9balancedhackmons-728026
Very disappointed glad that my first tour game against sevag is a double reuse. I always think sevag and I are alike. I feel he has to or chooses to focus on the real life and hates to learn a meta under the pressure of a big tour. At least that was what I felt in OMPL XI. Unfortunately sevag had to start himself instead of hiding behind the scenes. He also didn't scout enough otherwise he would've known my diao's dbond. Not much to say besides the above. I just didn't misplay.

vs. Hiusi Guy
Team - :arceus-poison::chansey::diancie-mega::deoxys-attack::dialga-origin::yveltal:
I met Hiusi Guy once on the ladder before the game vs. Akira, where they were using a bad HO team. However they later improved the team a lot to a quite decent level and almost won their game against sevag.
I didn't get much from scoutting so that's the only big thing I know about them. No one would expect a double reuse of me so I did it. Generally speaking I think Hiusi Guy improved A LOT in this tour and they even won a game. Looking forward to their future performance.

Game - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9balancedhackmons-728413
I don't think they expected my reuse when their team is hella weak to mdiancie. That being said this game is actually much closer than it looks like. HO players enjoy the chaotic butterfly effect concealing within each click, while their opponents don't. Sadly, or happily for me that we don't live in a timeline where Hiusi Guy won.

vs. Willdbeast
Team - :kyurem-white::blissey::lunala::celesteela::arceus-fairy::groudon:
I started building about 4 hours before this game and got a pretty decent result. Will's teams are diverse so chessking suggested me to outoffense. His teams lack ice-resists so I thought if I use kyuremw + para spam and he doesn't bring soundproof I win. Tbh -ate boomburst is such a dumb and lazy way to cteam but I was tired and out of time then so that's it. Also I wanted to avoid building a team in my old pattern considering stupid penguin is helping will who is good at cteaming. However team is just too distinct from my usual style so I was a little unfamiliar with how to use it, which resulted in my eventual loss.

Game - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9balancedhackmons-1988958627
The play-3-games-in-2-week pool phase design is the worst I've ever seen and is also the biggest thing to blame for my loss here. I just played 5 matches within a week with 2 of them bo3, and another bo3 on Thursday of the next week. After totally 12 games I just couldn't have a will that's strong enough to play a serious game vs. Will. The game was all good tho cuz I outprepped until the cursed Celesteela endgame. And so is the whole omwc for me. Have to say Will played the whole game with great caution and rigorous calculation (and also, a strong will) so his victory is well deserved.

Shoutouts
cscl - You are a much better captain than me, and also a very good all-round OM builder and player. Thanks for leading Team China to its highest place ever. Looking forward to future cooperation. Actually I don't want to play next year but will talk about that later.
Chessking345 - Didn't mention u too much above but ur exactly a desired support I need, who is capable of judging the quality and spotting the weaknesses of teams to rule out bad ones for me. The suggestion of poltergeist on mmx is also valuable despite it wasn't shown in the game cuz of bad luck.
LouisIX - Thank you for joining the team when being very busy irl uwu. I like ur building and playing styles. Let's hope infinite fusion will be an OM and get played in OMWC one day ;-;
Scalescale Schmerzen TKYSZL xqiht - You are all very good players and I feel honored to be in the same team with you.
hybone Metany - You are both very bad players but I still feel honored to be in the same team with you.
Chaos23333 Jqlove Nashrock RimarinaLOVE Tawil at Umr - Thank you all for joining the team to help.
Quantum Tesseract - Thank you for offering hybone the dual dragon team and watching him losing with it out of bad plays.
augustakira - Thank you for test games. Wish u luck in finals.
TTTech - Thank you for wowing all my winning posts.

Last edited:

LouisIX

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
gg is very ubers like so as a ubers onlyh player I was actually quite enjoying overall.

G1 vs lily
https://pokepast.es/c777353e763c6cb6

team formed 2 hours before the game so tera is not optimised. if correct tera on ttar I shouldve won the game even if the scarf mane got me very well.
komo is to stall break, so it became a sac against non stall. rest is pretty standard.

G2 vs Fragment
https://pokepast.es/ac4bae009778ac24

the game vs lily makes me realise specs pult is super effective so I spam that again. hippowdon is suppose for miraidon as I did not realise mirai was already ban, should be something else like alomo or ttar considering it but oh well. pretty standard hazard stacking + specs pult balance, kommo again stall breaker here. in the game I get the clod vs lokix on turn 1 which basically means a free ko with counter so yeah got lucky on the lead and basically gg from turn 1.

G3 vs Lepton
https://pokepast.es/21dfc8fcb85e2ea6
Webs is dominating in ubers so I decided to bring it in gg with fight spam and vikavolt with 135 speed is just another miraidon with webs and it sucessfully chipped tusk into fartable range and so I sucessfully keep the webs, and the rest is just clicking. Koraidon set is to break dondozo.

Semi vs Orangex733
https://pokepast.es/5709686dc6f50c8c
specs pult again with priority spam and get lucky into a koraidon screen ho. old school hatterene with cm can potentially sweep which I successfully pinned grimmsnarl in the early game to deny most screen. Glimmora is for flutter mane basically and with corrosion it also breaks stall as heal bell is completely banned in this format. Baxcalibur remains one of the strongest speed slot in the tier and ice shard dealing mane is also valuable, as zacian is low usage in the tier encouraging me to drop eq for ice shard as well., and ekiller just does ekiller's job. Again specs pult is just so good.

overall was enjoying in the tour, GJ team and I hope next time we will have a better gg player so that I don't need to play a tier besides ubers lol.

hello, for my first world cup I had to do it here, so here are my s/o
First of all, a big s/o to Dragonillis and Palapapop, for trusting me for my first world cup, it was a very nice experience, and very funny thanks to a certain person!
first of all Atha, atha an undisputed goat, always at the height who always responds, and who does it very well as always,
damflame 3, always nice team tour with you, you really have a very good build, I'm sure you will go far in the oms soon the prime will come back soon I know it.
fraises des boas, 4-0 very clean you always play something and it often pays off, like damflame I know you will go far in the oms,
PandaDoux, sadly we talked too much, but it's always nice to discuss nfe with you, thank you for sacrificing yourself for this rubbish tier in my opinion.
@caojie, sad , really sad , but chat pic, it made me happy, I really appreciate this tier and I hope to team tour with you soon.
Gman the most incredible person in smogon, heart to you, I hope to see you again very soon
Osake goatsake, very clean, thank you for making this tournament really, really funny with siamato pala, and atha, there's no doubt you're going to ride on lots of tours om, you've already redone the metas,
ghostlike i love you man, i think it's one of the best aaa player now,
Les2BG thanks for the help, always nice
S/o to Google trad, because my English is so bad,
S/o Redflix to join our team, really appreciate, I like discuss whis you !

Shoutouts :
@Dragonillisand Palapapop ty for letting me be a starter as last wcup i was pretty disapointed being on the bench hope i show u u could count on me :v
Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ Osake Atha thx for trying to help in my weird tier even if u were not conviced on some setsnice seeing help
Les2BG really happy u came to help me, building alone is bad and atrocious in gg rn, + we cooked :fire:, a shame u lost ssnl finals but happens
s/o all the other ones that played and helped build im not a specialist so didnt want to burn the house

those are the teams if u want to use them :
Untitled 103 (pokepast.es) zama band with caly ice attack really good breaker with av urshifu for chi yu (before the ban) tho could still be usable classic gliscor dirge and an empo min speed for slow pivot
Untitled 105 (pokepast.es) just set up spam with corv to pivot, dozo espathra are really good could put roost on espathra tho
Untitled 109 (pokepast.es) status spam with okidogi spreading toxic and scarf volc for speed control and not instant lose vs mola,could use koff on dogi as one's for dirge the other for gliscor, and has really good bulk espacially after some BU's
Copy of Untitled 110 (pokepast.es) we were out so i decided to swap gliscor and mane set's for the funny, obviously koraidon is dumb and mamo

waiting till next wcup and dlc 2 obviously, hope gg will have a greater rooster with the dlc and be fun to play

funny screen with Ivar57 and Clas in ssnl loser finals
1699990033201.png

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
I'm late but I had no idea this was a thing so rapid fire shoutouts:

KaenSoul Giagantic first shoutouts go to the host/cohost duo. I appreciate you two being patient with me constantly bugging you in your DM's about whatever questions I had during the tour (because I'm bad at reading), especially with the sub situation we had last minute.

/hayedenn I don't wanna poke bc they're retired but /fish thanks for managing with me
zoe thanks for agreeing to co-captain at the start and putting up with the constant updates with management. you cooked up some absolute heat this tour. I'm sorry luck wasn't on your side, but I hope you had fun at least bc I had fun chatting with you during the tour. I'm still waiting for Gungeon to go on sale on Steam... It's been a while
TPP thanks for subbing in for a game and being an absolute dork. I hope the shiny Woopers were worth it you bozo
pdt thanks for being our last minute GG slot bossman. was a good time cooking up teams with you and theorymonning potentially broken (sometimes weird) stuff. the Hawlucha sweep was hype
Quantum Tesseract thank you for absolutely carrying the prep. you had a lot on your plate with prepping for BO3 but you also made time to help with just about every other tier as well, and I greatly appreciate you the time and effort you put into that. I hope you win some of the money tours and buy yourself some nice chocolate. good luck in champs, champ. I'm rooting for you
temp thanks for joining me in shitposting during our short time in the discord. it was good fun and I hope it was the same for you also. as a token of my appreciation have this W gyat :Crucibelle-Mega:
tzaur twas nice meeting you and I'm sorry I missed all your games.. despite us not offering as much help as we could have, you did really well and I'm happy we picked you up
Codename C.A.T QT-lite with the prep. thanks for livening up the chat with banter and your input on prep, as well as for subbing in last minute for Inh (you got robbed blind though)
Don Vascus the DON thank you for the consistent froge memes and for carrying the Inheritance prep by yourself, as well as for helping out with AAA prep. :DROG:
kDCA what's known doesn't need to be said.. you know I got love for you fishing buddy. thanks for being our tech support and figuring out all the server doohicky cause I'm a boomer when it comes to that
MZ thank you old man MZ (I don't know if you're old or why people call you that) for doing what you always do and click buttons in AAA and win. I'm glad we had an actual AAA builder for you this time around
abriel thanks for making the time to play with us even while you were insanely busy with other things. I know you didn't get the result you would have liked, but you know you're cracked and I know you'll bounce back. good luck in champs and win it this time around why don't ya
cat :DROG:
Ivar57 Instruct TTTech pannu my handsomes thank you for helping with the prep. ze Ponch loves you long time :DROG:

Evie

Nobody gets me like you
is a Tiering Contributor
Not gonna make a long post but thanks Clas willdbeast for believing in me in playoffs, sorry i couldn't do better. BoingK Clas Jrdn Fraise thank you all for helping me with building gg, very grateful for your support, I’m ngl this tier has gotten pretty stale to me mainly due to Gliscor and Alomomola but I would love to give it another go if given the chance. yuki thanks for being great to help build and test pic with. Finally, thanks to all the other UKanada players for being great and getting us to finals, sad we couldn’t win it but I cant wait to give it another go next year

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
My esteemed team cap has already said most of what i would want to say, so instead ill add some funny moments from teaching Codename C.A.T inh

1700465266705.png
1700465284473.png

i also want to give a thank you to cat and TPP for covering for me when i beefed my scheduling and to my team caps for putting up with it

also s/o to inh council members The Number Man and pannu for colluding with me to make us south+don have the best inh lineup and almost going 3-0 if cat didnt get robbed blind in broad daylight cops watching and all

BijouMode

sippin' tea in yo hood
is a Tiering Contributor
just wanted to make a quick shoutout post.
Clas willdbeast thanks to both of you for picking me up, you two are goated managers, would love to play with u guys again
Dunfan the most comprehensively knowledgeable inh player out there rn. You were the best support I could ask for and mb that we couldn't go 5-0
astralydia also especially helpful throughout the tour, your skill and experience helped me a lot. tysm :)
yuki Clementine BoingK Skooma you are very cool, ily all

I guess it's time for my annual post OMWC post. Sorry this took a week to write.

The first and biggest shoutout has to go to the hosts Giagantic and KaenSoul. I know from experience how much work it is hosting a tourney and it's often pretty thankless. Without people organising stuff none of this would happen so tyvm. Hope you both enjoyed it as much as we did and didn't think we were too badly behaved :blobnom:. Also thanks to the Chessking345 for doing the Replays and Usage thread, it's pretty useful to have around and really helps me catch up on stuff I missed etc.

It's hard to believe I've done this 6 times but I definitely couldn't do it this much without all the people who have captained/co-capped with me so I'm really grateful of the job Clas did this year round. Honestly he did 90% of the work and did an amazing job finding people for our squad as well as organising stuff once the tour got going, as well as providing support and ideas to a lot of the players every week. Especially these days when I unfortunately have to work every day (and these days I'm lucky enough to have more irl friends than 5 years ago) I can't be perma-online so it's amazing to have such a good captain and I'm really glad he asked me to co-captain despite me being kinda MIA before this started. On top of that he put in a solid shift as a player, prepping and paying 3 metas a week vs some great players and coming out 3-2 is no easy feat.

Career Ended my first canadian brother, sorry you didn't have as much support as you probably wanted, but you still did a great job especially since I think AAA was one of the tougher pools this time around. Definitely helped us out a lot just having someone to throw at the slot and still manage to pick up a win in pools, especially since we basically had no-one else with much of a clue about it other than Clas.

Skooma you've been one of the best MnM players for as long as I can remember and there's not really a lot more to be said. Managing to somehow snipe you from across the ocean for a year was great. Looking forwards to your genre switch into UK Drill.

We were lucky to have both of you, both as great players and as people and I was really happy with how motivated and active in the team you both were despite the fact that it must kinda suck to sign up and not have your "own" team (though it was as much your team as ours). Hopefully we can team up again sometime, whether in this because all the Canada players remain missing or in something else.

yuki nice to have you on the team again this year, hopefully they keep throwing doubles metas at us so we can keep putting you in. Same as last year you put in a bunch of prep and played well, and this time it went a bit better (dw no-one likes 2v2 anyway).

BijouMode honestly I'd not heard of you before this tourney and I have no clue where Clas found you. Beastly player and hopefully I'll see you around a bit more now that I know you exist!

BoingK I remember last year when omwc came around you were really keen to be involved and it's a shame we couldn't slot you on the squad, but even so it was good to have you around, and now this year you've definitely come along quite a long way as a player since then so it was really nice to have you participating properly! Sadly none of the games went your way but some of them definitely could have gone differently in another world. Hopefully the results weren't too disheartening and we'll see you next year even better. It really does make me happy seeing players develop between years like you, and clas and tea in previous years who are now pretty sick.

Clementine by far our best import from europe, not even close. Excellent to have you here for another year in the team and the country.

Orangex nice to see you playing something other than 2v2 so I can actually have some clue what's going on. It's a shame the results weren't there for you but they were tough ops and I think how you played was fine, you just win some and you lose some. Almost more importantly the way you're active in most of the channels especially for some of the metas where none of us were really confident to just build a team solo was really helpful, and it's probably the best quality in a team tour player to be a positive impact on the other players which you definitely were.

Stareal best sub in the tour and unbeaten AAA master. Couldn't really ask for a better sub and even though we luckily didn't have anything come up needing many subs this year it's always good to know there's a great player in the back who you can just give a team for any meta and have a solid chance at winning regardless of them not being a main. Glad you were keen to get involved again despite there not being any NFE this year.

autumn and Celever thanks for signing up as subs, we almost always struggle to fill a squad (even the years we won) and I appreciate everyone we've bullied into signing up through the years.

Now it's time for the real MVPs of the team, who put in as much work as most of the players Tea Guzzler astralydia and Dunfan who we helping us prep nonstop. Tea had to get me from not having played a game of this meta to actually winning matches which is a miracle in itself, Dunfan just turned up one day and then discussed inheritance teams for the next 4 weeks straight and Lydia posted over three times as many messages as me throughout the tour. Also big thanks to Jrdn, XxLazzerpenguinxX and Fraise who helped us out at various stages.

Despite not winning I'm really happy with how this all went. I think we went into it without the highest of expectations, not 100% sure we'd manage to get a team together and it was at a point where certain players who wont be named decided they'd rather sit out than be on such a hopeless team. But despite that we managed to get to losing 3-5 in finals which idt is a result anyone can complain about. On a personal level I'm incredibly happy with my player record, again in no small part thanks to Tea who built 3 of my 5 teams, which did involve fortunate early games but I think by the end of the tourney I was actually playing some mons I can be proud of which is the first time in years that's happened.

Thanks everyone, see you next year.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)