Tournament Other Metagame World Cup - Semi-Finals

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on Smogon user walls, plain and simple.
If there is no communication on a users walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner.
If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand.
If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a captain may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.

TL;DR: PM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your captain know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to Other Metagame World Cup VI will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the hosts. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception.

• Inappropriate nicknames: Games in which a player uses nicknames that break PS! rules will be forfeited, and the player will be removed from the tour. Replays are required for this tour, so it is important that PS! and Smogon rules are followed in these games.
  • Toxic Behaviour: Insulting, flaming, and intentional timer stalling are some examples of toxic behaviour. Instances of toxic behaviour will be reviewed, and the appropriate punishment will be handed out at the discretion of the hosts and OM forum moderators.
These rules are meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament, as well as keep it a safe site for all.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time may be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the Other Metas Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMWC VI with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions
Captains, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the captains of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent(s), and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Semi-Finals Format Explanation & Rules
  1. There are 2 groups, Wellspring & Hearthflame, with the remaining two teams fighting it out with each other.
  2. It is a best of 1 for every single tier but the best of 3 category.
  3. Top team within each group will advance to finals.
  4. You have 1 week since posting of Semis/Playoffs to battle your opponent on the opposing team.
  5. Best of 3s game order is Balanced Hackmons first with the second and third being decided by the loser of each match.
  6. Semi-Finals ends Monday November 13th at 11:59 pm gmt 0

Wellspring Group
Europe (6) vs France (2)

Almost Any Abilityojr
Won
vs​
Lost​
Atha
Balanced Hackmonsaugustakira
Won
vs​
Lost​
damflame 3
Godly GiftLily
Lost​
vs​
Won
Fraise
Inheritancepannu
Won
vs​
Lost​
Dragonillis
Mix and MegaPociekMociek
Won
vs​
Lost​
Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂
Partners In CrimeHugo
Won
vs​
Lost​
Cao Jie
STABmonsRoFnA
Won
vs​
Lost​
Palapapop
Best of ThreeIvar57
Lost​
vs​
Won
Osake

Hearthflame Group
China (2) vs UKanada (5)
Almost Any AbilitySchmerzen
vs​
Career Ended
Balanced HackmonsNihilslave
Lost​
vs​
Won
willdbeast
Godly GiftLouisIX
Won
vs​
Lost​
Orangex
Inheritancecscl
Lost​
vs​
Won
BijouMode
Mix and MegaTKYSZL
Won
vs​
Lost​
Skooma
Partners In Crimexqiht
Lost​
vs​
Won
yuki
STABmonshybone
Lost​
vs​
Won
Clementine
Best of ThreeChessking345
Lost​
vs​
Won
Clas

PM me or KaenSoul if you have any questions.​

Last edited:

Kinetic

my focus is UNPARALLELED
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
predicts (where tf is the predict format copy paste smh)

Wellspring
Europe (5) vs France (3)

ojr vs Atha - never heard of this ojr nerd
augustakira vs damflame 3 - i recognize akira more
Lily vs Fraise - i don't recognize fraise and i think lily is good
pannu vs Dragonillis - isn't pannu on council or smth idk
PockiekMociek vs Maybca - they have more mnm knowledge imo
Hugo vs Cao Jie - gotta cheer for my aaapl teammate

RoFnA vs palapapop - rofna has more knowledge on the tier
Ivar57 vs Osake - does osake even play bh

Hearthflame
China (6) vs Ukanada (2)

Schmerzen vs Career Ended - schmerzen will win because career ended will bring some fiora/clas intimidate hdb gholdengo or some shit
Nihilslave vs willdbeast - could go either way but nihil had a better pools record

LouisIX vs Orangex - i don't recognize either of these people but louis has the upl banner so they're probably decent
cscl vs BijouMode - cscl has the cooler name and as we all know if your name is exactly 4 letters long you always win
TKYSZL vs Skooma - surely TKYSZL stands for something epic
xqiht vs yuki - idk who xqiht is
hybone vs Clementine - idk but clementine is making the rands slam playoffs cards and i qualified so i'm excited for the card
Chessking345 vs Clas - clas will lose g1 and accidentally reveal his sets while malding about hax in g2

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
actually serious predicts unlike the user above me (hes too busy prepping yet another aaa draft plan)

This is actually a lot closer than people might give credit for, and barring one or two matchups this is probably going to be inaccurate because of that.

Europe (3) vs France (5)

ojr vs Atha - This man will throw twice, get a freeze, throw again, and then somehow pull a win out of his ass. Mark my words.
augustakira vs damflame 3 - akira losing here feels incredibly unlikely with their consistency and building flexibiltiy. Osake is a good supporting player for damflame, though, and damflame certainly isn't bad either.
Lily vs Fraise - This is a toss-up but Fraise probably wins this if he preps at the level he's been proven to have done before.
pannu vs Dragonillis - This is the one tier I lack knowledge on. My gut says Dragonillis (:wiggpower:) but realistically this is a toss-up.
PockiekMociek vs Maybca - I do trust PockiekMociek, but Maybca has improved drastically and has Osake support.
Hugo vs Cao Jie - Cao Jie isn't bad but not only is Hugo more experienced overall but has also played better IMO. Then again, Wellspring PiC was STACKED.
RoFnA vs palapapop - Man oh man is this quite literally a 51-49. Someone said it last round, but Wellspring keeps its incredibly close pool and you can't accurately predict outcomes here. RoFnA has my vote from experience and adaptability, but STABmons currently is a wild west and palapapop has already shown they're a strong player.
Ivar57 vs Osake - does osake even play bh

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
Where's my predicts format grrrr making my 5 sec predicts life much harder

Europe vs France
ojr vs Atha
Excited for this one, could go down to the wire
augustakira vs damflame 3
I'm confident in Akira here
Lily vs Fraise
Another tossup, FDB is a friend and great player and he can definitely pull a result here. However I feel on paper Lily is probably slightly favoured
pannu vs Dragonillis
Could also go either way holy shit this is going to be a close week
PociekMociek vs Maybca
Both goated in their own right but I think placu takes this
Hugo vs Cao Jie
I don't think Cao Jie is a doubles main and that makes me more confident in my prediction
RoFnA vs palapapop
God everything seems really close huh
Ivar57 vs Osake
Really honestly i swear this could go either way

Schedule vs Europe : (GMT=0)

AAA : ojr vs Atha ==> Sunday 8 PM
BH : akira vs damflame ==> Sunday 11 AM
GG : Lily vs Fraise ==> Sunday 9 PM
Inh : pannu vs Dragonillis ==> Saturday 8 PM
MnM : placu vs Maybca ==> Friday 8 PM
PiC : Hugo vs Cao Jie ==> Sunday 11:59 AM
STAB : RoFnA vs palapapop ==> Sunday 7 PM
Bo3 : Ivar57 vs Osake ==> Sunday 9 PM

Let's go France !

wigglypower.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)