Tournament Other Metagame World Cup - Finals! (Won by TEAM EUROPE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on Smogon user walls, plain and simple.
If there is no communication on a users walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner.
If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand.
If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a captain may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.

TL;DR: PM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your captain know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to Other Metagame World Cup VI will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the hosts. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception.

• Inappropriate nicknames: Games in which a player uses nicknames that break PS! rules will be forfeited, and the player will be removed from the tour. Replays are required for this tour, so it is important that PS! and Smogon rules are followed in these games.
  • Toxic Behaviour: Insulting, flaming, and intentional timer stalling are some examples of toxic behaviour. Instances of toxic behaviour will be reviewed, and the appropriate punishment will be handed out at the discretion of the hosts and OM forum moderators.
These rules are meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament, as well as keep it a safe site for all.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time may be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the Other Metas Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMWC VI with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions
Captains, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the captains of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent(s), and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Finals Format Explanation & Rules
  1. Both teams fight each other, simple!
  2. It is a best of 1 for every single tier but the best of 3 category.
  3. You have 1 week since posting of Finals to battle your opponent on the opposing team.
  4. Best of 3s game order is Almost Any Ability first with the second and third being decided by the loser of each match.
  5. Finals ends Monday November 19th at 11:59 pm gmt 0

The Ogerpon's
Finals
Europe (5) vs UKanada (3)

Almost Any Ability
ojr
Lost​
vs​
Won
Balanced Hackmons
Lost​
vs​
Won
Godly Gift
Lily
Won
vs​
Lost​
Orangex
Inheritance
Won
vs​
Lost​
BijouMode
Mix and Mega
Lost​
vs​
Won
Skooma
Partners In Crime
Hugo
Won
vs​
Lost​
yuki
STABmons
Won
vs​
Lost​
Clementine
Best of Three
Won
vs​
Lost​
Clas

PM me or KaenSoul if you have any questions.​

Last edited:

Kinetic

my focus is UNPARALLELED
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
predicts
Europe (5) vs UKanada (3)

ojr vs Career Ended - as long as career doesn't bring intimidate hdb gholdengo he wins
augustakira vs willdbeast - could go either way tbh
Lily vs Orangex - imagine having x at the end of your name smh
pannu vs BijouMode - whole lotta cotta
PociekMociek vs Skooma - could also go either way
Hugo vs yuki - they're the better player imo
RoFnA vs Clementine - if you remove the lower case letters from RoFnA's name you get RFA and not RFN, which annoys me, so i'm bolding against them
Ivar57 vs Clas - ivar will win g1, get haxed during g2, then clas will mald about the hax from g2 during g3 and throw because of that

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
rooting for Europe

Europe (4) vs UKanada (3) + BH lol

AAA : ojr vs Career Ended - one lost to atha and the other one beat it, and both are really good and clever people and I expect it to be a tough game. However I feel like Career's building is slightly superior, and I hope he'll have time to build and not use some Gliscor shit. interesting pairing though
BH : I will pass. I'd bold akira but I don't want to look like I know anything or even watched the games lol
Godly Gift : Lily vs Orangex - prob the less close game ? Lily just had better fundamentals but maybe orangex can fish
Inheritance : pannu vs BijouMode - this guy has a fucking sick nickname + is in 4-0 + pannu is bad
MnM : PociekMociek vs Skooma - I didn't like Skooma builds this wcup and he's prob not that much motivated ? if he plays at 100% he's fs favorite but we've been sleeping on pociek's for too long, he'll unleash his true power
PIC : Hugo vs yuki - I am not, in this universe, ever gonna predict against Hugo in a game of doubles
STABmons : RoFnA vs Clementine - tough pairing but I feel like Clem won't get surprised by RoFnA like pala did and in an even MU he's the better player
BO3 : Ivar57 vs Clas - Ivar is a better player imo, bo3 is tough and I think it fits best to Clas' style overall but if the game is played when the finals isn't finished/almost finished (see: my game) I feel like Ivar is capable of reaching better levels of plays

good luck everybody :p

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Europe (4) vs UKanada (4)

ojr vs Career Ended - the longer you give ojr the more his power grows and career is a well known sunday johner (source: trust me bro). im sure ojr is charging his power rn just waiting for the opportunity to strike
augustakira vs willdbeast - will is a wild card, but he's british and last I checked british people steal teas and not Ws
Lily vs Orangex - goated gg player vs a fruit. unfortunately, only one fruit can exist in the OM community and that's me the ren (haha fruity humor)
pannu vs BijouMode - I feel like I absolutely violated Bijou last week so I owe this to them. Also, because it's pannu and it's pannu, this is safer than most people would think (I am unapologetically a hater of half the people on this website, pannu isn't one of them but it's still fun to hate on them regardless)
PociekMociek vs Skooma - mid soundcloud taylor swift outsold but he has to be good at something surely and that's clutching finals
Hugo vs yuki - NO HAHA REACTS HERE BUCKO
RoFnA vs Clementine - clem is goated
Ivar57 vs Clas - i started this tournament thinking ivar was the second best of the bo3 slots and clas was on the lower end but rn i probably rank clas above ivar just bc of how well clas has been doing. that dude has come a long way from the shitposty om driver I met him as o7

Sorry for the double post, forgot I needed to do this when I was shitposting.

Salutations readers of this most auspicious thread.

It is my honour as co-captain of the UKanada team to announce the substitution of Stareal into the Almost Any Ability player slot for this, the final round of OMWC, to replace the esteemed user Career Ended.
Furthermore it is a pleasure to tag the requisite authorities in Giagantic and KaenSoul to ensure the appropriate dispersal of this message, alongside the handsome and talented player for team Europe known as ojr. Moreover tradition dictates I additionally tag the accomplished managers of team Europe the perceptive pannu and the stylish Sylvi.

I await with great anticipation this upcoming and final game of OMWC where the aforementioned players Stareal and ojr will engage in a confrontation of wits - utilizing those abilities chosen from the copious available as players are wont to do in Almost Any Ability.

Yours faithfully, willdbeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)