Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fiery Dance
- Protect
- Quiver Dance
- Struggle Bug

This team began with a core between Volcarona and Oricorio. Oricorio-Sensu was chosen due to it having the best coverage with Revelation Dance being ghost. Tera fire was chosen for two reasons: To make it possible to survive Gholdingo, and to be able to use stab Fiery Dance with dancer. Air Slash was added for coverage, and protect for longevity. The EVs were also chosen in order to survive Gholdingo after Tera and to be able to OHKO after a QD, which will likely be use by Volcarona.

Volcarona, the other member of the core, was given Tera dragon and a sitrius berry in order to increase longevity. The EVs used were to maximize speed and damage. Struggle bug is a way to lower SpA if needed, and protect to increase longevity. Quiver Dance is useful to boost both Volcarona and Oricorio's speed and special attack, and Fiery Dance is used to allow for three attacks in a turn with Oricorio's Dancer.

At this point, I thought about the cores that were unanswered. At this point, most of this is on paper, with an exception of a few matches on the online ladder, so I'm not willing to say my thought process is anything beyond being on paper.

The first core, Gohldingo and Murkrow, is beaten, on paper, by the Oricorio and Volcarona core.

Dodonzo and Tatsugiri was the next core to come to mind. In order to handle it, I added Meowscarada.

Meowscarada @ Choice Band
Ability: Overgrow
Level: 50
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- U-Turn
- Sucker Punch

Maximizing damage to one-shot the Dodonzo is the reasoning for choice band and Tera Grass. Flower trick for the guaranteed crit to bypass the defensive boosts, and knock off, U-turn, and sucker punch for utility. Because it mostly runs moves that are already STAB, I opted for Overgrow over Protean.

The last core that came to mind was Indeedee and Armarouge. I was, and continue to be, rather stumped how to best counter it. I initially considered Houndoom for both psychic and fire immunity, but I ended up deciding on a utility Hydregion.

Hydreigon @ Haban Berry
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 188 HP / 4 Def / 116 SpA / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Snarl
- Tailwind
- Protect

Haban berry and EVs were chosen to maximize longevity. Snarl was chosen to cripple Armarouge's special attack even through follow me, and tailwind was added for speed control once Trick Room is out of the picture. Protect was added to increase longevity, and Draco Meteor was added for a bit of burst damage if it is needed.

After this, I was not sure what to do, so at this point I threw two mons I knew worked well into the last two slots, with somewhat of a synergy, allowing for some alternative leads.

Maushold-Four @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Population Bomb
- Protect
- Follow Me
- Beat Up Bite

I chose Wide Lens to almost ensure Population Bomb to hit all ten times, with Technician and Tera Normal to maximize the damage dealt. Beat up (After feedback below, beat up was changed to Bite) was added to answer any Ghosts that are immune to Population bomb. Protect was added for longevity, and Follow Me was added to allow for Maushold to be less of a one-trick pony and allow for some utility if it is ever needed.

Amoonguss @ Mental Herb
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Pollen Puff
- Protect

Amoongus was added for addition utility and to defend the team. Regenerator, Tera water, and EVs were chosen to maximize longevity. Spore and Rage Powder were chosen to control the field, either through sleeping threats or redirecting threatening attacks to allow its partner to fire back. Pollen Puff serves to heal its ally if needed, and damage otherwise, and protect was added for longevity.

I have never made a doubles team before, and to be honest, my minimal knowledge for doubles comes from Youtube videos. This idea initially came from me pondering how I could abuse Dancer in singles, but when I realized it wasn't easily possible to, I decided to try doubles since the idea seemed so fun. Basically, what I'm saying is I wouldn't mind if I had to tear apart the entire team, so long as it still revolves around some form of a Dancer core.

Thank you so much for your time reading this!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)