Orginization XIII (OU Offence)

So I am trying out suicide offence after looking at Stathakis’s Greek RMT. Baasically, Stathakis’s RMT does the explaining better than I could. Since this is suicide offence, I will be including what each poke lures for my other pokes to sweep on. This team has been doing better than any other team for me on the ladder. It relies on resists and sacrifices to send each sweeper in and kill the opposition. This team shot me up the ladder to around 20th in 2 days with a rating of around 1580.

Orginization XIII(Suicide Offense)

Axel @ Focus Sash
Naive
56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe

Stealth Rock
Psychic
Explosion
Fire Blast

So I start the match with suicide azelf. Here's the reasoning. I use Azelf's Speed and Focus Sash to help win out against many common leads. I get up sr early, and I sacrifice azelf, giving me a free switchin to whatever kills it, generally giving me a free turn to set up and sweep or sacrifice or whatever. Generally I don't set up SR right away, but attack to 2KO whatever is in, encouraging the opponent to switch as I set sr. by doing this, I get damage on a first pokemon, scout a little, set up my sr, and maybe even continue denting stuff. However a lot of the time, after I faint the first poke, I end my Azelf with an explosion with power beyond belief. This set is a standard for a reason. This sets the tempo for my team, setting up stealth rocks blazingly fast. I use Azelf's Speed and Focus Sash to help win out against many common leads. I don’t use taunt as Bronzong is more important to me and the threat of Taunt is usually good enough If azelf gets sr and scouts a little, he's done his job. Besides, worst comes to worst, if I don't get a kill with explosion, I still get the free turn from bringing in whoever I want. Azelf has failed me maybe once or twice to get a good start in the match, despite how prepared people are for him.

The EVs allow me to power up explosion significantly, but allow me to still retain that 2KO on Bronzong with Fire Blast. Not much to say.

Lures out: Scizor for Infernape, Gyarados; Metagross for Infernape, Scizor

I chose Azelf to be Axel as he plays a very key part in this team, and Axel does too in the Kingdom Hearts storyline. He does a suicide attack to save Sora from the Nobodies when he goes into The World That Never Was, just like Azelf. He’s also really cool.

Sai’ix @ Life Orb
Adamant
252 Atk/ 6 Def/ 252 Spd

Agility

Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Thunderpunch

Agiligross. Most people aren’t usually prepared for this guy, as leadgross is much more prevalent. Anyways, I send this guy early, because he is usually the one that smashes the physical walls that attempt to block my sweep. As they send their Zapdos, Heatran, Fire Poke, Vaporeon, Suicune, any other bulky water, etc, I MMash or EQ the switchin. This guy sometimes gets early sweeps, but that usually doesn’t happen. He does however play an essential part in breaking down these physical walls. He often clears up holes for everyone, especially Gyarados. Clear Body is an awesome ability, allowing him to negate Intimidate from the likes of Gyarados and Salamence, who would cut his sweep short with Intimidate. Meteor Mash off this guy is ridiculously powerful, easily OHKOing stuff like Flygon, Azelf, etc. The attack boost that I get occasionarily almost guarantees a gg from the opponent. I also use this guy to absorb Outrages and set on Salamence using agility, then smashing him with a nice steel fist. I prefer Life Orb over all the other items as it really gives that extra kick that is required. All in all, this guy has definitely earned his place in this team.

These EVs allow me some bulk, max my damage output, and allow me to outspeed Timid Scarf Gar and Meteor Mash him to his ghastly grave.

Lures out: Pretty much everything this guy encounter it explodes on. The only crap that survives that are Steels, which everything else on my team, especially Infernape(bar Scizor) sets up on.

I chose Metagross to be Sai’ix because goes beserk(literally) with his claymores, in the same way Metagross is with a Meteor Mash. He also has the power of the moon, and metagross is psychic type so they match somewhat.

Roxas @ Life Orb
Jolly
6 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd

Swords Dance
Fire Punch
Close Combat
Stone Edge

Swords Dance Infernape. I couldn’t help adding this guy because this guy (Infernape in general) has been THE favorite poke since I don’t know when. I’ve used every kind of Ape, Nasty Plot, CB, CS, Mixed. All of these Infernapes are great, but none except Nasty Plot compare to the raw power of SD Infernape. The power an +2 Close Combat packs is just AMAZING. I decimates all of it’s usually switch ins, only Latias can come in safely, and if Latias is slower than Infernape, even it’s going down with a +2 Stone Edge. Vaporeon? +2 Close Combat is a clean OHKO. Celebi?(+2) Fire Punch her to hell. Skarmory coming in to absorb CCs? +2 Fire Punch cleanly OHKOes him, too. Gyarados and Salamence coming in to hope to wall Infernape? +1 Stone Edge prompty OHKOes both. However, I still hate them because of Intimidate. Zapdos coming in to take weak Fire Blasts? Stone Edge him to hell, OHKOing without boosts. Tenta? +2 Close Combat OHKOes with SR up, and even the sightest bit of damage after SR guarantees her death. Hippowdon and Suicune(Offensive gets OHKOed) both take a hefty 85% Close Combat, severly damaged. Most Hippowdons are leads, which means a Psychic from Azelf is enough to guarantee an OHKO. This has a few distinct advantages over Luke. Compared to Luke who depends on ExtremeSpeed to kill faster foes, Infernape has the raw speed to outspeed Zapdos, Gliscor, Salamence. He still has priority is the form of Mach Punch. This guy pretty much decimates stall teams on his own after a boost. Infernape is the poke that I absolutely will not replace.

These EVs are fairly straightforward and allow for maximization of power and speed and to be sure to outspeed all positive natured base 100s.

Lures out: Latias, who Scizor absolutely loves; Bulky Waters, easy set-up for Gyara(without Hp Electric of course)

I chose Infernape to be Roxas since Infernape is my ABSOLUTE favorite poke and Roxas is my favorite Organization member. They are both the most powerful members in their groups and are just awesome.

Demyx @ Life Orb
Jolly
6 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Bounce
Stone Edge

DDGyara. Standard as ever, yet still one of the best offensive pokemon I have ever seen. I added this guy because he was intended to be a pair with Agiligross and, boy has this thing been working. DD Waterfall packs a LOT of punch, smashing through a lot of the metagame. This guy is often unhindered during it’s sweep, just like Infernape, due to Metagross exploding on its counter. Waterfall is standard, it’s just your standard powerful STAB. Stone Edge smashes all those Flying types like Salamence, Zapdos, and other Gyarados’s. Bounce, however, is something you do not usually find on a DDGyara. Bounce, however, should be included on EVERY DDGyara out there. Seriously. A +1 Bounce OHKOes Rapid Spin Starmie, Celebi, Latias and is just great as a secondary STAB. That’s two of Gyara’s counters being easily OHKOed! When I Bounce, they have to either switch out or suffer a +1 Bounce. I have never regretted putting Bounce on Gyara. The paralysis rate has bailed me out countless times. Intimidate helps ease switch ins and take on Brave Birds from the likes of Skarmory and other weak physical attacks. All in all, Gyarados has definitely earned his place on my team.

The EVs are once again, standard. Jolly gives a lot of speed and the spread outspeeds neutral base 130s after a DD.

Lures out: Celebi , for Infernape(he has Bounce though, but sometimes the odd Choice Scarf Celebi comes to revnge you), Rapid Spin Starmie, for Scizor.

I chose Gyarados to be Demyx because both have the power of water under their control, and in the same way Gyarados powered up this generation, Demyx becomes one of the hardest bosses in the game after you first battle with him.

Tyranitar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs:
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Aqua Tail
---

I originally had a Scizor here but that's been changed to a DDTar. Scizor was the weak link of the team because even with quick attack Gyarados still set up on me easily and Zapdos owned my team after I sacrificed a poke to weaken it. Only Infernape could come in, and he's not a reliable check to Zappy, so a T-tar was in order. T-tar also gave me another much needed switch-in to Heatran which was welcome. D-dtar is also countered by the same stuff that the fighters on my team are countered by, so it was a perfect fi. DDTar gives me another set up sweeper, something that I like to have. Dragon Dance Tyranitar helps me soften up the enemy team early/later on while giving me a switch in into special sweepers. With Dragon Dance, I've swept whole teams. Stone Edge and Crunch gives me STAB, While I can use Aqua Tail to smash/weaken those bulky grouns in my way and still take care of Heatran.

The EVs are fairly standard. nothing much to say.

Lures out: Bulky Water/Grounds for Gyara

I chose Xaldin to be Scizor because Scizor is very fast and powerful with bullet punch, and Xaldin is the same with his powerful lance thrusts. Xaldin is no slouch defensively. He is also one of the most powerful bosses in Kingdom Hearts.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Swords Dance to boost up your Attack, making you that much more of a pain in the ass. Stone Edge is there to hit Ghosts, Salamence, Zapdos, as well as Gyarados since my other attacks can't do that to reliably. Close Combat is there for STAB and just to hit random pokemon hard, even if they resist it they're still taking a lot of damage from it. Extremespeed is there to hit the Pokemon that are faster than me, so I can have an easier time accomplishing a sweep, as well as being a last resort to infernape who got the best of my team.

The EVs are a no brainer.

Lures out: Bulky Water, for Scizor and Gyarados; Bulky Grounds, for Scizor, Metagross, and Gyara

I chose Gliscor to be Lexeaus as Gliscor uses earth like Lexeaus does when you battle him. Lexeaus hits hard like Gliscor and has HUGE amounts of HP in the game(Final Mix) and that fits Gliscor perfectly.

Team Building

I started this team with the belief that I had Infernape. I knew I wanted to make it a physical suicide offence team This was a team that worked well with SD Infernape , so I decided I would use my favorite pokemon Infernape on this team to start with.

Infernape

I decided I am going to need a lead that fits offensive teams. It definitely needed SR as I don’t have a place to fit in SR on my other pokes with my offensively natured team. I decided to add some speed to this team, too. With my needs, the decision came to two pokemon: Azelf and Aerodactyl. In the end, I chose Azelf because of his Ability to attack/explode on the opponent and kill off their physical walls like Skarmory, Forretress(it’s surprising how many times I’ve seen these two as leads), Swampert, Hippowdon, to name just a few.

| Azelf | Infernape |

After coming up with my lead, I decided I needed another exploder other than Azelf, because Azelf lured in special walls like Blissey rather than physical walls. It also needed to be able to sweep on it’s own. It needed to be able to outspeed the opponents physical wall, or be able to take their attacks and explode. After looking over the possible exploders, Agiligross looked like the perfect fit for my team.

| Azelf | Infernape | Metagross |

Soon after choosing Metagross, I came upon the realization that I needed to have a DDer of some sort in a team like this. I weighed the possibilities between Tyranitar, Salamence, and Gyarados. Tyranitar was instantly out, because I didn’t want to create sandstorm to limit Infernape’s sweeping capabilities. Between Salamence and Gyarados, I chose Gyarados because Gyarados will never have to worry about getting locked into Outrage and Gyarados has such great synergy with Metagross that it was almost a perfect fit.

| Azelf | Infernape | Metagross | Gyarados |

After looking over my team at this point, I looked and I saw a quite possible Gengar sweep that was just waiting to occur. When one thinks of Gengar counters, who leaps to mind? Scizor! I initially thought of using a bulky CB Scizor, then I quickly realized it would slow down the team significantly. So, I ended up with a SD LO Scizor. This Scizor, however, kept on dying too quickly and I eventually realized that a bulky Scizor was the best way to go. So I looked up this Scizor, adjusted it, and it worked like a charm.

| Azelf | Infernape | Metagross | Gyarados |Scizor |

I took a glance at the team I soon realized that I had a huge electric weakness. It was imperative that I get a electric immunity that was also a physical sweeper. I looked at all the options there Flygon, Electivire, and Gliscor. Electivire was instant no-no, as it didn’t have the power to go through dedicated walls. Flygon was also a no-no, because it lacked power without a set-up a move and the Outrage would allow random crap to set up and sweep. In the end, I chose the Dancing Tank in the analysis, and it worked beautifully.

| Azelf | Infernape | Metagross | Gyarados | Scizor | Gliscor |

faggot

Banned deucer.
I have also learned from stath so I can give you some advice here. I would consider mach punch over fire punch because it takes out luc, which comes in and exspeeds, and hurts a bunch of shit like flygon and scarftran. Also get rid of brick break and roost on scizor and go dual priority. The reasoning being that if you're trying to set up and sweep, roost slows you down quite significantly. Also get rid of bounce on gyra, bounce and LO sucks quite mightily. Either go leftovers or go with earthquake. Also, i would consider another sweeper over gliscor, possibly kingdra. Go sub dd lefties. I really found that that poke offers a good way to beatdown the opponent and it can come in on alot of common scarfers. Finally, i would try to fit lucario in but that would just make your ground weak more significant so I would test it but it might not work.

I have also learned from stath so I can give you some advice here. I would consider mach punch over fire punch because it takes out luc, which comes in and exspeeds, and hurts a bunch of shit like flygon and scarftran. Also get rid of brick break and roost on scizor and go dual priority. The reasoning being that if you're trying to set up and sweep, roost slows you down quite significantly. Also get rid of bounce on gyra, bounce and LO sucks quite mightily. Either go leftovers or go with earthquake. Also, i would consider another sweeper over gliscor, possibly kingdra. Go sub dd lefties. I really found that that poke offers a good way to beatdown the opponent and it can come in on alot of common scarfers. Finally, i would try to fit lucario in but that would just make your ground weak more significant so I would test it but it might not work.
I have tried out mach punch, fire punch is much better in my experiences. I will try out daul priority on Scizor, but i am still unsure. BOunce is actually what makes this gyara really good, because it allow Gyara to KO Celebi, wheras witout it, it couldn't. I really needed something to take thunder attacks and thunder wave, so Gliscor isn't negotiable in that spot. If you can find me another ground/ electric resistant sweeper, I would be hppy to try him out.

there's nothing much to change here other than a few preference things..... i found that with jolly gyara jolteon was a nonissue so really there were never any electric attacks coming. for this reason, you might want to consider lucario over gliscor, since ape+luke+scizor is so cool for the whole sacrifices deal, since they are countered by essentially the same exact shit... also id do dual priority on scizor since the last thing you want is to get set up on. one more thing that's not really preference, take explosion off metagross, since none of your guys can really come in on double switches (they like free turns), so its best to avoid that situation. metagross is still doing 60%+ to counters and bulky waters and stuff so he still does his job.

when i play these types of teams i go max attack max speed on everything to not worry about any speed ties but thats preference... i also generally use screen azelf because the facilitated setup makes it much easier to play early game, when the opponents stuff hasnt been softened yet.

but yeah thats about all there is to say lol. this is pretty much the exact team i use haha

Indra

DACODBOSS
is a Past WCoP Champion
haha you're very gyarados weak! Once it gets an DD u lose... lol!
Empoleon after an agility also fucks with your team. So you could try using a scarf latias or something fast :S

haha you're very gyarados weak! Once it gets an DD u lose... lol!
Empoleon after an agility also fucks with your team. So you could try using a scarf latias or something fast :S
yes, if they get a dd, he loses, but they dont get a dd (provided he uses dual priority on scizor). the idea is to not let anything set up, so he doesnt have to worry about revenge killing.

posting for sora13's purposes.....

lucario is going over gliscor as it allows for more sacrifices and sweeping and other cool stuff, and scizor is staying the same way...

sora13, make sure to watch out for gyarados as if he does set up on scizor stuff is gonna die

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Actually....Gyara could have many opportunities to set up on him. So don't get so full of it lol. Lucario provides even more of an opening for Gyara to set up.

I also see Empoleon weakness as mentioned earlier as well as a slight Vaporeon weakness. Celebi when used correctly may also be a problem. Especially if it uses HP Fire.

I suggest maybe a CM Rachi, you have one special attack on the whole team. CM Rachi does well against Vap, Emp, and non Perish Song Celebi.

Salamence also can toy with your team no doubt about it.

Well, now that some weasels have bumped this thread...(just kidding everyone!)

Taking off Roost on Scizor and replacing it with Quick Attack may just be the decent solution to help severely weaken Gyarados--think of the 25% HP chipped from SR, then adding the estimate 40% dmg from Quick Attack after a SD w/Intimidate factored in. Scizor can potentially take 1-2 hit(s) of Waterfall and managing to deliver two ~40% priority damage. This is an offensive team, right? Roost doesn't seem to aid Scizor a whole lot unless he's up against opponent who can't do any effective damage to Scizor or your team is supported by screens. By the time Roost is spent to recover some HP, that turn--thinking offensively--could have been a SD or two, or switched to that other said priority move. Scizor isn't really meant to last forever or for stalling. The EV spread is of one's preference however, as previously said by Stathakis.

Another truest threat to the majority offensive team I find everyone trying to keep in denial of is the nasty Agility, Timid max SAtk and Spe Zapdos. The triple synergic attributes of Thunderbolt, HP Ice/Grass, and Heat Wave is nothing to scoff at as a special sweeper if one doesn't have Blissey, Tyranitar, or heavy special sponge to take care of this underrated threat. That solution can be slightly tackled with Scizor's QA to deliver that residual damage in similar boat to Gyarados issue, but this one would be a shaky gamble in predicting an Agility or an on thruttle Heat Wave. Thinking of other important team member, Infernape can absolutely gamble coming in on the Heat Wave and Shoryuken that thunderbird down to dirt.

To make the silly threat of Agility Empoleon into lesser eminent, a suggestion could just be the physically based MixNape with Mach Punch that was on PurpleWheezer's(?) team. Overheat is always a OHK on standard Celebi. The only scenario I see Empoleon getting a set up is on Scizor that might not kill it with Brick Break in time or whatever. Infernape can readily help deliver that KO afterward. Since you seem like an adequetly experienced player already, SD Nape is still fitting finely as I am sure Empoleon can be handled easily if taken with proper tactic.

This team is very good. Once you do replace Gliscor with Lucario, definately give it Stone Edge. This is incredibly helpful and after an SD, you should OHKO non-Restalk Gyarados.

Dual priority on Scizor isn't a bad idea but then you must rely on Gyarados to beat Heatran. With Stealth Rock in play, Gyarados can only really switch in once to Tran's Fire Blast. If you do keep Brick Break, consider Superpower since it will actually OHKO Heatran and Magnezone on the switch in while Brick Break may not. Also give it 248 HP EVs, just better all around I here. I also like giving my SD Scizor Occa Berry. With those EVs, you can survive a Salamence's Fire Blast among other attacks which will let you get another Swords Dance. I don't find Leftovers very useful when you have Roost.

On AgilityGross, I always max Speed. If somehow the foe gets a Salamence a Dragon Dance, for instance he burnt your paralyzed one of your sweepers, once it is locked in Outrage Metagross can outspeed it after an Agility and OHKO with Meteor Mash, proceeding to sweep.

Since this team is kind of frail and relies on sweepers to not let the foe set up, I'd go with Flamethrower > Fire Blast on Azelf since a costly miss could be devastating. Bronzong are uncommon now adays, and many are actually running Heatproof.

You know you could go 60HP/ 252Atk / 196Spe on Metagros, there isn't anything you lose to, really.

Alright, after playing with this team for a looooooooooooooooooong time, I've finally decided to switch out Scizor for a DDT-tar.

Why am I doing this?

-I didn't have a reliable switch in to Zappy after I would sacrifice one of my team members to weaken it.
-Scizor was easy set-up bait for gyara, even with quick attack. Now T-tar can dismantle Gyara with a reliable Stone Edge.
-I needed another switch-in to Heatran and Fire Attacks in General and Scizor wasn't helping with that.

I know it's been a long time, but I feel it is necessary to edit this in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)