Tournaments ORASPL III - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Amazing art by stexx
Hosted by Theia and Vertigo

The tiers for ORASPL III are:
ORAS OU
ORAS OU
ORAS UU
ORAS RU
ORAS NU
The last three tiers will be decided via a vote, so pick your favorite ORAS tiers to be represented!

Here is the signup format:
Code:
Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?:

Manager signups will close Sunday, September 3rd.

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Manager: Oathkeeper
Assistant Manager: MrAldo
Team Name: Ruin Valley Rhyperiors
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: Returning managers with good track records in past tours. We also have a good knowledge of the lower ORAS metas like RU and NU. After a playoff appearance in ORAS PL I and missing them in ORAS PL II, third time's a charm!

Manager: Joya
Assistant Manager: Skyrio
Team Name: Stay Night Weaviles
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: We both have a good knowledge of the ORAS metagame, following the OU tier for the last few years and playing it on several tournaments, I have also made ORAS circuit poffs twice. Our managing experience is quite extensive, I have managed several team tournaments including both ORASPL editions and Skyrio is one of the greatest managers in french community, winning the last edition of FCL and managing Team France on RCoP. We are currently managing EPL together.

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Manager: Larry
Assistant Manager: Dave
Team Name: Dave's Diancies
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: I've won various ORAS tournaments (most recently ORAS RU cup a couple months ago, but I've also gathered extensive experience in every other tier in this tournament) throughout the years and Dave is the greatest manager in the history of this website.

Airi

formerly AmyQuaris
Manager: Airi
Assistant Manager: fade
Team Name: sylveon vs the forces of evil
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?:I have been manager multiple times in many tournaments, I have a lot of experience in teamtours and in oras, I was also manager in the previous edition in which despite not winning at the end we managed to be undefeated team in regular phase with 6 wins and 1 tie, regarding fade, he is one of the best players in oras for a long time, playing spl and being one of the faces of the tier and also has experience as a manager reaching a final of oras pl as a manager and in another as a player

Last edited:

fade

pistol pete
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
MPL Champion
Manager: Airi
Assistant Manager: fade
Team Name: sylveon vs the forces of evil
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?:I have been manager multiple times in many tournaments, I have a lot of experience in teamtours and in oras, I was also manager in the previous edition in which despite not winning at the end we managed to be undefeated team in regular phase with 6 wins and 1 tie, regarding fade, he is one of the best players in oras for a long time, playing spl and being one of the faces of the tier and also has experience as a manager
That's affirmative

London Beats

is a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SCL Champion
UPL Champion
Manager: London Beats
Assistant Manager: Sylvi
Team Name: Slaying Justice
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: I have been managing wcup for two years straight – winning the last one. I have also played the last 3 edition of the SPL ,and claimed a respectable record in the tier. Furthermore, i have a deep understanding of other tiers among ou such as ubers. My mate Sylvi, althought he is a new face to the community he played spl already and made a deep run in the oras seasonal (Top 12), and have played other tours such as GC and oras Cup. He also has manager experience, being the third manager of team Germany this year in the wcup, and he has a deep understanding of UU being a contributor in this tier, doing analysis, RMTs, and actively discussing about the state of the tier.

Gondra

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
UPL Champion
Manager: Gondra
Assistant Manager: umbry
Team Name: Hate Crime Hatterenes
Umbry is very experienced in ORAS UU and ORAS DOU and also a very respected member of the community. She has also managed a good amount of tours like UUPL, UU wcop and also played all the official team tournaments smogon has to offer. Speaking about myself, ORAS is the second gen I have spent more time playing; I won the last smogon snake draft as manager and i also know almost every ORAS tier. Oh i have also played every official team tournament.
We both know the playerbase and we are really motivated to win the whole tour!

umbry

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
Manager: Gondra
Assistant Manager: umbry
Team Name: Hate Crime Hatterenes
Umbry is very experienced in ORAS UU and ORAS DOU and also a very respected member of the community. She has also managed a good amount of tours like UUPL, UU wcop and also played all the official team tournaments smogon has to offer. Speaking about myself, ORAS is the second gen I have spent more time playing; I won the last smogon snake draft as manager and i also know almost every ORAS tier. Oh i have also played every official team tournament.
We both know the playerbase and we are really motivated to win the whole tour!
Right

Seasons

Sassy Sunshine
is a Forum Moderator
Manager: Seasons
Assistant Manager: Dj Breloominati♬
Team Name: Gogoat Gogoats (GGs for short)
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: We are good friends that share a wealth of managing and tournament experience between the two of us, and a deep understanding of most if not all of the tour’s tiers and communities. Spitfire has played ORAS UU in UUSD and roa olympics (Silver medal), as well as ORAS NU in NUSD, and has also supported the ORAS RU slot in RUPL before. He also managed and participated in MPL, WCOP, HPL, UbersWC, MonoWC, CAPPL, and CAPCL, most recently leading his team to semis in UUWC.
As for me, I played ORAS OU in the most recent SPL, as well as in just about any other team tournament under the sun for the past few years. If ORAS Ubers makes the cut, my participation in this years UPL gave me a good idea of the playerbase and tier, which can be helpful too.

TDR

basics
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Manager: TDR
Assistant Manager: GeniusFromHoenn
Team Name:
Justified Keldeos
Why should the Hosting Team pick you: Both of us have been involved in managing quite a lot recently with me currently managing NDPL, TPP and HPL and Hoenn is managing HPL as well. Hoenn is coming off fresh winning UPL in his managerial debut. I've been involved in the ROA community for over a couple of years now with consistent performances in the ORAS circuit tours as well as managing in the last edition of this tour, also made it to the finals of Retro Cup and also have managed in a couple of WC's and other tours on this site in the past years. We are confident enough to draft a competitive team and perform well throughout the tour

GeniusFromHoenn

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Manager: TDR
Assistant Manager: GeniusFromHoenn
Team Name:
Justified Keldeos
Why should the Hosting Team pick you: Both of us have been involved in managing quite a lot recently with me currently managing NDPL, TPP and HPL and Hoenn is managing HPL as well. Hoenn is coming off fresh winning UPL in his managerial debut. I've been involved in the ROA community for over a couple of years now with consistent performances in the ORAS circuit tours as well as managing in the last edition of this tour, also made it to the finals of Retro Cup and also have managed in a couple of WC's and other tours on this site in the past years. We are confident enough to draft a competitive team and perform well throughout the tour
Confirming!

Dj Breloominati♬

born to play, forced to john
is a Top Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Manager: Seasons
Assistant Manager: Dj Breloominati♬
Team Name: Gogoat Gogoats (GGs for short)
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: We are good friends that share a wealth of managing and tournament experience between the two of us, and a deep understanding of most if not all of the tour’s tiers and communities. Spitfire has played ORAS UU in UUSD and roa olympics (Silver medal), as well as ORAS NU in NUSD, and has also supported the ORAS RU slot in RUPL before. He also managed and participated in MPL, WCOP, HPL, UbersWC, MonoWC, CAPPL, and CAPCL, most recently leading his team to semis in UUWC.
As for me, I played ORAS OU in the most recent SPL, as well as in just about any other team tournament under the sun for the past few years. If ORAS Ubers makes the cut, my participation in this years UPL gave me a good idea of the playerbase and tier, which can be helpful too.
Confirming :woo:

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)