Tournaments ORASPL III - Commencement Thread

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Since I enjoyed doing this last year, I figured it would be fun to bring it back. Welcome to another annual edition of the keys ORASPL Ubers Rankings™! Keep in mind that I will only be ranking people who I know well enough and explicitly signed up to play Ubers, and as always this is just for entertainment/information purposes and is purely based on my opinion, so if this offends anyone then get better. As always, I will not be ranking myself (although everyone knows I'm ass anyway and wouldn't make the list). Without futher ado, lets get into the tiers:

Tier 1 (Top of the Pool)

Hack - The Ubers GOAT. Not much else needed to say, he will win most of his games and absolutely still has it in ORAS despite not having played as much in recent years. Probably won't prep/talk at all in the team Discord but will 100% still finish with a great record and do his part in terms of returning on the massive value he will demand in terms of draft capital. He was 25k+ for a reason in this past UPL as an ORAS starter and should perform regardless of what situation he ends up in. Buy expecting an elite record with upside as a great tiebreak option.

Tier 2 (Top End Starter)

The Strap - Reigning ORAS Ubers Cup champion and someone who has massively improved in the tier recently, I think he will definitely be towards the top of the list when it comes to records this year. Most people know him from other Ubers gens or even other tiers but he can definitely hold his own and achieve a great record in this tier. Doesn't build much so thats a knock on him compared to the other person right below but playing-wise he has a higher ceiling so that's why he gets the slight nod (plus the fact that he has more recent results while the other player coming up hasn't played the tier seriously in over a year). Should expect a top end record conducive to the expected price tag.

FatFighter2 - FF2 is already retained so he's off the table for other teams but I believe the Hatterenes got a pretty solid value at 11.5k for what FF2 provides. Very creative and innovative builder which means he does not need much support at all and someone who has a pretty consistently solid level in games which means he's quite difficult to beat most times. Should end up with another great record after a great UPL in 2022 and a great ORASPL record last year as well.

Royal1604 - A more recent riser in the ORAS ranks, only really had a chance to showcase his ORAS skill since last year's UPL but has quickly shown himself to be one of the more successful ORAS players in the past 2 years. With back to back great UPL seasons and a good UWC run in ORAS in between, Royal hasn't really had any bad tours since getting involved with ORAS after being forced there by his UPL manager in 2022 (me). He still needs to be given quality teams but past that he will finish with a very good record, as per usual.

Tier 3 (Below Average Starter)

Alkione - Had a respectable showing in this year's UPL and is just an all around solid Ubers player in whatever gen he's put into. He should do a very solid and consistent job for whatever team decides to purchase him. Not extremely flashy or accomplished but he usually ends up with top half records so I don't see why that would change in this tournament. Buy with confidence and you will be rewarded with a good showing (plus he's always a great chat presence, except when he's trying to use Natu).

Lasen - Can be very hit or miss, in some tournaments he ends up doing very well and in others he ends up 0-7 so it's harder to predict a record here. However, he still has access to very solid teams and when he's on his game he can beat most people, so he still earns a spot in the top half of his pool based on what he does when he's at his best. Buy him expecting a good result but keep in mind that the experiences week to week might be very inconsistent.

skimmythegod - For some reason he's someone that always goes under the radar and ends up being super cheap. Despite that, he consistently performs in terms of results even if the gameplay isn't always there and has quietly put up some really impressive ORAS tour records in the past 2 years (with a finals run in the ORAS invitational and a 5-1 record in this past UPL), so any manager who is smart enough to purchase skimmy will be very happy with how he does in this tournament (especially because I don't expect him to be expensive). Buy with confidence and watch as he piles up wins.

Tier 4 (Bottom End Starter)

Fogbound Lake - I do not know much about Fog's ORAS, but every other gen he's tried his hand at for Ubers he has excelled in so I don't really see why this would be any different. He's more of a dark horse/sleeper pick in terms of ORAS Ubers since there's not much sample size to go off of but I could absolutely see him finishing with a top tier record if some things break right, the skill is absolutely there. He might need someone to feed teams though so keep that in mind when drafting.

Rhmsitb - He's moreso familiar with USM but once again is someone who could surprise and hit the top of the rankings due to a high skill ceiling. Hasn't played much ORAS in tournament but similar to Fogbound Lake is someone who always shows up for any oldgen tournament and shouldn't take too long adapting to the standards of this one. Very high upside pick with a lot of room to return massively on a relatively small price tag.

Sharow - Very creative builder and player, has some very off the wall ideas and is very wild when it comes to most aspects of the game. Regardless, Sharow can absolutely put up results and managers shouldn't be scared of his volatility, because behind all that he is very solid within games and has a very high playing ceiling which could absolutely be tapped for huge success.

Tier 5 (On the Starter/Sub Bubble)

Mashing
Thiago Nunes

Anyone not included in the list either did not sign up for Ubers or I just am not familiar enough with their ORAS play to give my own personal assessment on their abilities.

Last edited:
Hey all, I wanted to give a brief overview of the ORAS LC playerbase before the auction next week. Seeing as the tier is new to the tournament, managers may not have a great grasp of the playerbase; I hope this will help with that. Looking forward to the tour!

Tier 1: The best players in the pool. These players are the best of the best and have won in this tier consistently across multiple tournaments.
- Tazz
- LilyAC

Tier 2: These players have consistently put up good records in ORAS LC tournaments, or are strong LC players in general but don't have a ton of ORAS experience.
- Heysup
- Laroxyl

Tier 3: Solid starters who will perform decently well but not necessarily be at the top of the pool.
- Akaru Kokuyo
- gali
- Eric
- Camden
- Elfuseon
- avarice

Tier 4: Solid support but don't have a lot of experience playing the tier in a tournament setting, or players who have put up results in the past but might be a bit of a wildcard.
- Coconut
- BlackKnight_Gawain
- fran17
- Lialiabeast

Anyone I didn't mention here I don't know well enough to assess their play in the tier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)