ORAS UU Type Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Alright that's it for voting on the
cores, just had to wait for the tie to be broken! NV wins this week with 6 votes and GULLY is runner-up with 5, so congrats to them and thanks everyone for participating. This weeks Type Core is going to be
You may use the new drops this week (Gardevoir, Metagross, and Charizard) if you want! Good luck :]

GULLY 5
BrandonBeast 4
NV 6
shadestep 4
Eeyore 2
Dr Ciel 2
Cyndequil 1

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Reserving Mega Houndoom + Gardevoir + Heracross
tumblr_mjj54ecO0E1r0dbsno1_500.gif

This is my Psychic - Fire - Bug core. I started off with Mega Houndoom because it's an awesome threat in the current meta as Fire types got better with the drops and Dark types are just plain amazing rn. I added Scarf Gardevoir to check Fighting types and Poison types, while being a great revenge killer and benefitting from MegaDoom's killing of Steel types. Now I added the beloved sex offender Heracross to kill Dark types better than Gardevoir and to also be a nice check to Rock and Steel types, and Toxic Orb Heracross is a great wallbreaker. (And Bulbasaur Molester) This core may have a few faults, like being weak to Mega Beedrill and Mega Aerodactyl, but overall it's a pretty cool core and you all should try it out!

Houndoom (Mega) @ Houndoomnite
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Felony (Heracross) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: rs

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
+
+

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Protect

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Thunder Wave
- Lunar Dance / Moonblast
- Psychic

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

So this core may look familiar and it should be. Cresselia and Mega Houndoom have amazing synergy as Fighting and Ground moves aimed at Houndoom slide right off Cresselia especially thanks to its access to Moonlight while Cresselia allows Mega Houndoom to play more aggressively thanks to Thunder Wave and Lunar Dance. Both provide Mega Houndoom the ability to outspeed faster threats and to have a second chance at sweeping. Forretress is a really good mon for this core, however I highly recommend running an SR mon somewhere else on the team as hazard stack + NP Mega Houndoom means basically everything dies lol. Forretress can also give non-MEvo'd Houndoom free switchins against Fire-type moves thanks to its ability Flash Fire. This core can work on more offensively oriented balance teams as they have amazing defensive synergy while also being able to pressure the opponent fairly easily.

Last edited:
I will be shocked if anyone chooses charizard
Beedrill - Rotom-H - Garde

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Beedrill is a monster of UU, with incredible speed and attack, it exemplifies guerilla warfare, with quick hits and getting the hell out of there. U-turn is the most likely move, creating a Volt-Turn Core with Rotom, whose good rounded bulk can sponge a well placed hit meant for the glass-backed Bug. I prefer Pain Split over T-wave, despite how strong T-wave is, because it tends to get just needed damage on mons that are otherwise hard to hit, without the need to drop your special attack, or switch yourself out. Gardevoir is the interesting mon here, the newest Fairy is one of the only viable users in the tier outside of Whimsicott, and the Slurppy. But unlike Whimsi, who deals almost no damage, and the predictable Slurp, Gardevoir has a large spectrum of moves, and items it can utilize to fit into a bunch of niches. Choice Scarf Gardevoir is my favorite, and has been since gen 5, as utilizing Trace can be detrimental to a plethora of users, with amazing abilities such as Intimidate, Pressure, Swift Swim, Adaptability and Speed Boost running Rampant in the tier. Moonblast and Psyshock are mandatory, as Moonblast does more damage in the neutral than Psychic, and Psyshock hits defense. I know Focus Miss is technically the best, but with Scarf I get iffy. Don't be afraid to switch it to T-bolt to hit water threats, or another coverage move. Healing Wish is what really makes this unique -- adding a replacement to Shaymin with HW users in UU, and doing it faster than the Specs Shaymin that tends to run it.

Venomoth + Hoopa + Infernape

Venomoth @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Bug Buzz
- Sludge Bomb

Hoopa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Stone Edge

Venomoth is an amazing sweeper right now due to the falling out of some steel types (Cobalion) due to the tier shift. Sleep Powder guarantees it can set-up for free on a number of good mons. Venomoth also serves as a very nice win-condition in many cases. Specs Hoopa aids Venomoth by breaking down many common special walls due to its insane power with psyshock + other coverage options. Thunderbolt also helps to lure Mega-Dactyl, which is a huge threat to this entire core. Hoopa also appreciates Infernape and Venomoth's ability to check common dark types that Hoopa hates. while Hoopa also breaks down Psychic and Water-types that Infernape despises. Infernape serves as a fast hard-hitter that can break apart dark/rock/ and Steel types that Hit Hoopa and Venomoth, while making sure the core is not hit too terribly hard by Snorlax and other special walls.

That is my core of Moth, Hoopa, and Nape.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Reserving Azelf - Darmanitan - Forretress

This is a pretty cool core who's goal is to facilitate a sweep with LO NP Azelf with the help of a wall-breaker and a much needed Rapid Spinner. Nasty Plot Azelf is an unexpectedly good sweeper thanks to solid Psychic / Fire / Fairy coverage, which can hit the entire UU tier for either neutral or super-effective damage. Azelf's speed means that sometimes it doesn't even have to set up an NP & can start attacking right off the bat. CB Darmanitan is an insanely powerful wall-braker that removes most of Azelf's checks and counters, most notably Steel types with a destructivly powerful STAB Flare Blitz. Darmanitan is also one half of the Volt-Turn stratagem for this core. Finally, Forretress provides vital Rapid Spin support to the core, making sure these members don't get worn down quickly while also putting up Stealth Rock for both members. Forretress is the second half of the Volt-Turn stratagem for this core.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake / Superpower
- U-turn

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball / Toxic

Last edited:

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Hey Guys, LittleRunnerXC here bringing you my Fire/Bug/Psychic core for this week! This is an interesting, but really cool core that I built a Hazard stacking team with, with none other than Accelgor (I am not AccelgorFanBoy) lol. Anyway this week I am bringing

ACCELGOR, CHANDELURE, and METAGROSS

AccelGlorious (Accelgor) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Encore
- Final Gambit
- Bug Buzz

Lady Gaga (Chandelure) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

EwwwGross (Metagross) @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

This core works very well for Hazard stack, and hyper offensive teams as well. It sets up two types of hazards effectively, has speed, priority, and a spinblocker. As well as having amazing type synergy. Accelgor is my favorite mon and even though the new meta made it a little bit less viable, I still like to use it as a hazard stacking lead (usually). I like it better on this core because for one, its a bug type, and I feel like it is less predictable than Froslass, and cannot be taunted as easily. I also dont want 3 mons weak to ghost and dark. But anyway, the set is very standard, but effective for hazard stacking and taking out threatening mons with Final Gambit and Encore, while taking out common leads such as Azelf and Absol. Chandelure is the perfect partner for Accelgor, as it is immune to fire, spinblocks, and can take out forretress. Specs is the preffered set for this because it forces switches and can do great wallbreaking. Chandelure also got a huge buff with these new drops, as it can take out Gardevoir, Metagross, Venusaur, and even Sableye as well. Next up, Metagross was the perfect pick for the psychic type because it adds a rock resist, a flying resist, and puts up stealth rocks while hitting hard and tanking hits. Its priority is also very important, as it can take out fast threats at low health. Life orb also lets it hit even harder, and an adamant nature as well.

Overall this is a very fun core and an effective one as well, I hope you enjoyed reading this and maybe try it for yourself!

Forretress + Gardvoir + Mega Houndoom

Forretress @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Memento

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse

I present to you a core featuring Memento into setup, the oldest HO trick in the book lol. I've been using this with Salamence over Houndoom, as gardevoir is surprisingly good at luring in some salamence setup fodder. Houndoom works almost as well to get setup on a stat-dropped pokemon and start wrecking shit with +2 fire blast. I originally had Azelf in place of Forretress, but each is an equally viable suicide lead for HO builds :]
Garde does a good job of bringing in Doublade and other stuff that Houndoom can set up on, along with a way to revenge Mega Swampert and kill Hydreigon, Umbreon and Mandibuzz 1v1, things that can stop Houdoom from just winning. Not much else to say about it as it's pretty much mindless HO if you build an appropriate team with it.

Weirdly I haven't seen Gardevoir all that much, as i think it's being undersold because its a really nice offessive fairy with amazing coverage and plenty of other tools that are great for balance/ semi-stall (Will-o-Wisp, Encore, Heal bell, Taunt, even SubDisable maybe :o) and offense (memento, healing wish, t wave) and pretty decent special bulk and a not awful defensive typing

Reserving Escavalier+Chandelure+Reuniclus

Here is a core i enjoy to play. Escavalier is easily my favorite pokemon atm I'm crazy about playing him. Chandelure is obviously here to absorb the fire-type with Flash Fire. Reuniclus and Escavalier help a lot Chandelure by pressuring Snorlax. Escavalier help Chandelure and Reuniclus with taking hit from things like Hydreigon (unless Fire blast of course). Take care, this core is just analrape'd by Houndoom-mega, so take a thing like Hydreigon or whatever you want to check him. I've choose to run colbur berry on Reuniclus to take a dark pulse from him or Hydreigon and then click on focus blast, but it's not a reliable check due to the chance of miss/flinch.

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

Reuniclus @ Colburr Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Last edited:
Mega Beedrill + Delphox + Meowstic-M

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Delphox @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

Meowstic-M @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic

So I chose a trio of mons that I've enjoyed using a lot. Beedrill is usually a mon to scout with, but with the right prediction, you can force a switch on a load of the meta that will try to get a better matchup against it, only to Dance in their face. Then you can just U-Turn out, into a supporting mon that can cripple it, or stay in and fuck their shit up.

I chose Meowstic because the ability to spread 100% Paras before anything + set up screens is key to this grouping, let's be real. It might not have any offensive nature to it, but it's ok, because you want to make sure your other teammates don't get hit too hard, and setting up those screens can help it, and Paralyzing other big threats is great.

Delphox, though Psychic-Type, is the fire type here, and while it's not exactly a dragon check, it can mess up a lot of the meta. It has coverage for literally everything except another Delphox. (Seriously. LRXC and I had to think of things that could switch in and Delphox was the only answer.) Now, it might not be the strongest attacker, but if you argue Azelf then you have to find another fire type to slot in there, if you argue Chandelure you're arguing scarf. This was the best of both worlds.

A few good teammates for this specific core would be stuff that can tank a hit from Hydreigon, since you don't want to switch in and if it's scarfed your day will be ruined if you can't check it at all. Another thing, ironically enough, would be dragons, since they can drop in and sweep once their biggest threats are removed, often other dragons.

Last edited:

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Mega Beedrill + Delphox + Meowstic-M

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Delphox @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

Meowstic-M @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic

So I chose a trio of mons that I've enjoyed using a lot. Beedrill is usually a mon to scout with, but with the right prediction, you can force a switch on a load of the meta that will try to get a better matchup against it, only to Dance in their face. Then you can just U-Turn out, into a supporting mon that can cripple it, or stay in and fuck their shit up.

I chose Meowstic because the ability to spread 100% Paras before anything + set up screens is key to this grouping, let's be real. It might not have any offensive nature to it, but it's ok, because you want to make sure your other teammates don't get hit too hard, and setting up those screens can help it, and Paralyzing other big threats is great.

Delphox, though Psychic-Type, is the fire type here, and while it's not exactly a dragon check, it can mess up a lot of the meta. It has coverage for literally everything except another Delphox. (Seriously. LRXC and I had to think of things that could switch in and Delphox was the only answer.) Now, it might not be the strongest attacker, but if you argue Azelf then you have to find another fire type to slot in there, if you argue Chandelure you're arguing scarf. This was the best of both worlds.

A few good teammates for this specific core would be stuff that can tank a hit from Hydreigon, since you don't want to switch in and if it's scarfed your day will be ruined if you can't check it at all. Another thing, ironically enough, would be dragons, since they can drop in and sweep once their biggest threats are removed, often other dragons.
Cool core! And yes we did have to think hard lol =) Nightingales

Mega Beedrill+Entei+Slowking

I built this core around the best bug type in the tier Mega Beedrill. Beedrill with its Adaptability boosted dual stabs can punish every team archetype while taking hold of the momemtum. Due to its struggles with bulky steel types i decided to add CB Entei to the core. With the momentum provided by Mega Beedrill Entei can freely fire off powerful choice band boosted moves widdling the opposing teams for a potential late game clean by beedrill or other mons you made add to this core. This core really needed something to deal with the many prominent bulky waters in the tier like Suicune and switch into potential scalds so i added Slowking. Slowking provides solid switch in for Suicune, defensive Swampert, and Empoleon. This Offensive AV Slowking also synergies well with the momentum Mega Beedrill provides by regenerating on every switch in and still has the ability pressure the enemy with a plethora of attacks.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Reactions: rs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)