Project ORAS Rarely Used Teambuilding Competition V4 [Week 26 - Manetric - Nomination]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The winner for this round is :

This week new mon is:

Delphox!!

Delphox is normally overlooked because other Psychic-Types can do it's job better, Meloetta and Sigilyph are two and aren't weak to Steatlh Rocks unlike Delphox. Delphox does hold some adaventage one being its Speed Tier outspeeding base 100s and Delphox coverage allows it to break most Defensive cores.

Deadline: November 6

Good luck

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I started building from Delphox, although his purpose on this team isn't to sweep, but to lure Houndoom and other fast dark types for Sigilyph. To do this I went for a CM colbur set with hp water. Hp water also helps me againist rhyperior and a camerupt. Sigilyph is obviously the second member of the team, forming a nice psychic spam core with Delphox. Since the team was taking a more offensive way, I added Hitmonlee, which gave hazard control for Delphox and helped me check dark types. Then I added Archeops as a suicide lead which could weaken some pokemon with endeavor, and could prevent hazards to be on the field with taunt! Tyrantrum is a cool revenge killer and helps againist Fletchinder, a real threat for offense. Lastly I added Jellicent which gave me a stallbreaker and a spinblocker and it also gave me some defensive presence, to avoid to get sweeped by a scarf Flygon or things like that @_@
Delphox @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Water]

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- Energy Ball

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Head Smash

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Sleep Talk

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Recover

some replays: 1 / 2

edit: with slowking in the tier grass knot>psychic on delphox to lure slowking too

Last edited:

After laddering with my older Delphox team, I decided to make a completely new one after having some ladder woes >.< Wanting to run a specs set on Delphox since it pairs well with her nice speed and spa attack stat, I decided to run a Smeargle HO team. Then in need of something to take knock off for me and also needing a physical setup sweeper, I chose Drapion. Due to running Delphox, a spinner was a neccessity so Kabutops was added next to the team. Kabutops has access to nice STAB and coverage moves in Stone Edge/Knock Off/Aqua Jet and is very powerful with a life orb. Since this team was reliant on hazards to stay on the field. I added Mismagius and Braviary. Mismagius is a nice special setup sweeper as a Spooky Plate boosted Shadow Ball at +2 is super powerful. Having access to Destiny Bond is nice too when facing dark types as after I use it, Sucker Punch will outspeed me and take them down with me too depending if they had used it the turn before. Scarf was chosen as the item on Braviary as it is a nice cleaner, and can help me when Sticky Webs are gone;it pressures defoggers with Defiant too.
All in all I've had moderate success with this team on the ladder.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Taunt

Delphox @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Flamethrower

Drapion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Battle Armor
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Weak Armor
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Mismagius @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond

Braviary @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- U-turn

eren

je suis d'ailleurs

/

Tbh I have a general distaste towards Delphox, and grazing past my teams to see no teams with it wasnt very surprising. I feel that its a good mon, but just struggles in certain capacities, specifically usually being outdone by Meloetta as a CMer or as a strong Specs Psychic mon while also being outdone by Emboar, in most situations, as a fire scarfer. However, the premise of the build is obviously Delphox so I should actually start talking about the team. I had a similar idea as my buddy fran when starting to build with the lure Delphox and actually have had that same set on my to-do list since May :x. Since I wanted some variation because that type of set will have a similar build, I opted for a plain specs set. Looking at delphox individually, it has some nice speed, so coupling it with Spikes, or Tspikes, seemed particularly nice to help Delphox to wallbreak even more effectively. Lead Qwilfish was subsequently added to fill this role very effectively while being able to Twave / Taunt leads and counterleads. An obvious ground weakness was seen, and a defog Flygon was obviously not going to be put on just to remove my own hazards. Rotom not only checks Ground types nicely but also provides pivotal Volt Turn momentum, allowing us to keep hazards on the field while forcing more switching, potentially racking up Tspikes. It also functions as a spin blocker, preventing spinners such as Hitmonlee from simply clicking Rapid Spin and clearing all the hazards. Tyrantrum and other rocks types seemed particularly menancing at this stage of the teambuilding, so Dugtrio was added to help trap it and also trap Houndoom, a menancing threat to the team as wrll. It also srts up Stealth Rocks for the team.
Nextly, Rapid Spin is crucial to the success of any team reliant on hazard control so Scarfed Himtonlee was added as a form of both speed control and hazard control. Mega Obama was added as last to help clean up weakened teams with Ice shard and act as a Flygon deterrent. It has enough speed to outspeed 0 speed Alomomola. Drapion can be used here as well to potentially trap Meloetta as well as potentially being able to taunt Defoggers as well. Enjoy

decimated dreams (Delphox) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

beaten & damned (Qwilfish) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

marching band (Rotom) @ Spell Tag
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

non-believer (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Memento

bodies lying (Hitmonlee) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

join the parade (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 Hp / 36 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords dance
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Seed Bomb

Holy crap I wrote a lot

E: After some testing, I have changed Omastar to lead Spikes Qwilfish, Mega Steelix to a Dugtrio, and Slowking to Mega Abomasnow. Subsequent descriptions have been added

Last edited:
Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Trick

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Rest

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Circle Throw
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Scald

Sandslash @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Super Fang

So how i started this team off was by putting in the main mon known as Delphox which we are building around this week. My Delphox's set is basic Choice Scarf set, Fire Blast was there to eliminate things like Mega Glalie which can manhandle my team. Psychic is there to handle the poison types of RU such as Golbat and Qwilfish. Grass Knot was to deal with things like Gastrodon and Seismitoad and Trick was to cripple walls like Alomomola and Registeel which most of the time rely on status moves. Now my thought process here was I wanted something that fit with Delphox that could set up rocks and deal with the weaknesses so this is where i decided on Registeel. Rocks were there to cripple things like Fletchinder and other flying type pokemon. Toxic was there to deal with mons such as Tangrowth, Alomomola, Cofagrigus and Slowking which could just wall my team. Seismic Toss was to deal with most things that i couldn't hit for damage and Rest was there for reliable recovery. My EV spread of 252 HP, 128 Def and 128 Sp.Def was so i could take Adamant Abomasnow's Earthquake at +2. Now at this point, I realised I had a ground type weakness within my team so I needed a grass or water type that could handle them. Virizion was the perfect choice for this role so I ran the two main STAB moves of Close Combat so i could hit Houndoom and Leaf Blade for bulky waters. Now I ran SD so i could set up all over walls like Alomomola which can't touch Virzion and Stone Edge so i could deal with Togetic. Now, I wanted something that walled fire types since they crippled my Registeel and Virizion so this is where I picked Qwilfish. I ran Scald due to its chance to burn and so it can hit Houndoom and other fire types and Spikes to stack and do damage to other teams. Thunder Wave was so I could shut down the faster pokemon that can outspeed Virizion. and I decided on Taunt so things like Bronzong can't set up their rocks or screens depending on their set. So at this point I had 4 pokemon and I had my way of crippling teams by Spikes, Rocks and toxic so I needed a pokemon that could switch in against Houndoom. I looked for mons that could resist its Fire and Dark STAB Moves and I found that Poliwrath switched in on it fine. I decided to run the RestTalk version so when it got worn out it could heal back up and had Lefties to help it out if it takes hits in sleep. I ran Scald for a chance to burn, Circle Throw so I could force them in and out with pokes and hopefully when Qwilfish has spikes up it'll wear them down, Rest for recovery and sleep talk so i can attack in turns of sleep. At this point, I needed a spinner that could finish the team so i looked through tiers and ran a Physically Defensive Sandslash with Rapid Spin, EQ, Knock off and Super Fang to wear down big walls.

Last edited:

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor

Paper Moon Shine (Delphox) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Sky Lock Gate (Flygon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fire Punch
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake

Substance Abuse (Scrafty) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Shed Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Ballet Mechanique (Steelix-Mega) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

World's End Garden (Vileplume) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Pacific State (Slowking) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Trick

So uh, houndoom. How can i fuck with houndoom the most w/o running duggy, figured i'd run something threatening that sets up on pursuit so went with dd scrafty, chople as usual. Fog spdef gon also for houndoom and reliable removal and checks all sorts of stuff bla bla things that gon does(it also has fire punch for abomasnow). Steelix here since i was in need of rocks and i was horribly weak to glalie(i will not run registeel ever again), stone edge on it helps against fletchinder, the usual. Now i was in need of a couple things, namely something that resists water and a secondary fighting check(that also beats scrafty) went with deffensive plume. Last slot is specs king because its cool and https://gyazo.com/c46ed1a3241d24bc7ddee202d1d4bffc

I think that's the worst description to ever be written
Eureka Seven rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)