Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stall breakers? It's destroying me on the suspect ladder :(
CM or 4 Attacks Landorus-I sets also work to decent effect (though on the suspect ladder Giratina-O is probably what's stopping you). Most of the above noted mons can break it though, so I can at least vouch for their effectiveness.

Since you are playing suspect I would simply use powerful Fairy types, mega Gardevoir with Hyper Voice allows you to kill Giratina-o even under a Substitute, Mega Diancie is immune to wow, actually it passes the burn to Giratina, ruining it for the rest of the match, mega Altaria can use heal Bell to protect itself against burns, and Return/Hyper Voice are enough to scare it off.
Kyurem-black is also another good choice, but it won't have an easier time coming in against Dragon stabs/subs, make sure to make it faster than Giratina, though.

Try Taunt SD Gliscor. Giratina can dragon tail you out but at least you prevent it from rest or prevent some cleric to wish. With knock off you can start lower its HP. Taunt SD is good to take down all of this stall giratina team

Is there a chance for Pokemon to be unbanned in ORAS, although they were banned in XY? For ex. Genesect, Aegi and M-Luc are IMO pokis, that could be suspect tested in OU again.

In addition: Is there a possibility to split OU into 2 tiers? I mean current OU is total garbage and the power creep ORAS delivered doesn't help either xD SO why not just make a new tier next to OU which is some kind of SubOU where all the broken pokis are banned (or make a new one called SubUber, so that all the broken stuff could be banned from OU)? I mean OU just got sooooo big, we really need a new tier in-between. This way we could also unban some of the Pokis from Uber (Aegi/ Gene/ M-Luc).

Is there a chance for Pokemon to be unbanned in ORAS, although they were banned in XY? For ex. Genesect, Aegi and M-Luc are IMO pokis, that could be suspect tested in OU again.
Some may be retested when the meta stabilizes if the community was split at the time, but for some like Mega Lucario and Mega Mawile it's less likely because most players were pretty adamant about them being banned

In addition: Is there a possibility to split OU into 2 tiers? I mean current OU is total garbage and the power creep ORAS delivered doesn't help either xD SO why not just make a new tier next to OU which is some kind of SubOU where all the broken pokis are banned (or make a new one called SubUber, so that all the broken stuff could be banned from OU)? I mean OU just got sooooo big, we really need a new tier in-between. This way we could also unban some of the Pokis from Uber (Aegi/ Gene/ M-Luc).
Not entirely sure where you're going with this. As far as I can tell, you want to create a ladder where things that are broken now are banned and we bring back stuff that was already deemed broken into the tier. If I'm understanding you correctly, I really doubt this will ever happen. The closest you'll probably get to this is the no Mega Ladder, which at least removes the Megas which are arguably the biggest causes of the power creep.

Not entirely sure where you're going with this. As far as I can tell, you want to create a ladder where things that are broken now are banned and we bring back stuff that was already deemed broken into the tier. If I'm understanding you correctly, I really doubt this will ever happen. The closest you'll probably get to this is the no Mega Ladder, which at least removes the Megas which are arguably the biggest causes of the power creep.
Not even close xD

What I'm basically saying is, that OU has sooooooo many threats, that making this tier balanced (outside of banning all the broken Megas) is just impossible. The best way would be to split OU into 2 different tiers, let's say into OUup and OUdown. OUup would basically be the OU of today. OUdown would be a "balanced" version of OU, where Pokis like M-Metagross/ M-Altaria/ Lando-T etc are banned, but other pokis are still there (like M-Alakazam/ Tran/ M-Lop etc.).

I just think that the "balanced" OU we once knew is a thing of the past will never happen again. We have to split OU into 2 tiers and OUdown would be the closest to what most people wanted as a "balanced OU".

IN ADDITION (this was just a guess) in OUup we could unban some Pokis from Uber like Aegi or Genesect.

Not even close xD

What I'm basically saying is, that OU has sooooooo many threats, that making this tier balanced (outside of banning all the broken Megas) is just impossible. The best way would be to split OU into 2 different tiers, let's say into OUup and OUdown. OUup would basically be the OU of today. OUdown would be a "balanced" version of OU, where Pokis like M-Metagross/ M-Altaria/ Lando-T etc are banned, but other pokis are still there (like M-Alakazam/ Tran/ M-Lop etc.).

I just think that the "balanced" OU we once knew is a thing of the past will never happen again. We have to split OU into 2 tiers and OUdown would be the closest to what most people wanted as a "balanced OU".

IN ADDITION (this was just a guess) in OUup we could unban some Pokis from Uber like Aegi or Genesect.
Except we never justified those megas as being broken... That's just your opinion on those specific pokemon which you have a hard time dealing with. Basically what you're saying is we'd suspect everything we have problems dealing with and just make a seperate metagame without them.

Can't wait for that OU ladder that lacks magikarps.. those things are tough to deal with.

Not even close xD

Okay, that makes a little more sense. Let me address this more thoroughly.

The big issue I see with this idea is this: how are you going to determine what is too broken for OUdown? Right now OU and UU are split using usage data because it's the most objective data we can use. However, if we're splitting OU, then we'd likely need another set of criteria. We can use usage data, but what do you make the cut-off point? There are a lot of mons with high usage values that aren't necessarily broken like Garchomp and Clefable. I don't know about you, but I don't see a good cut-off percentage that captures the good mons you want banned without OUup taking a bunch of random non-broken mons with it. You could have a council determine what's broken, but creating tiers based entirely on a council's decision is very subjective and would displease a huge portion of the player base.

There's also the issue of whether it's worth the effort to bother maintaining the tier. The difference between OU and UU (not counting BL mons) is about 50 mons. Just how many mons do you want banned from OUdown? If you ban too many OUdown is UU with a crapton of things they have to ban. Ban too few and you're just playing OU with random mons stripped from the tier. Even if you ban 20, that's a pretty small difference between usage-based tiers considering most tiers ban a little under 60 mons by usage. It's similar to why there's no tier between OU and Ubers: the difference in the tier is so small that there isn't a large enough pool of supporters to merit the extra effort.

Except we never justified those megas as being broken... That's just your opinion on those specific pokemon which you have a hard time dealing with. Basically what you're saying is we'd suspect everything we have problems dealing with and just make a seperate metagame without them.
WTF, what are you talking about? Read my post again xD

A lot of people agree that OU has just too many things to consider when building a team (team match-up etc.), I just wanted to suggest that we could split OU into 2 tiers, since the OU we know today is far from being balanced. This is what tiers are for.

Every 3-4 years a new generation will start and new Pokemon will be added to the game. In like 10 years we will have around 1200 Pokemon, it will be sheer impossible to distribute them among the 5 current tiers (Uber, OU, UU, RU, NU). Eventually, we will HAVE to add some new tiers in-between. And I think, the time has come to add a new tier between OU and UU. That's what I'm basically saying. Read my posts correctly instead of adding some sarcastic crap xD

//Edit:
Okay, that makes a little more sense. Let me address this more thoroughly.

The big issue I see with this idea is this: how are you going to determine what is too broken for OUdown? Right now OU and UU are split using usage data because it's the most objective data we can use. However, if we're splitting OU, then we'd likely need another set of criteria. We can use usage data, but what do you make the cut-off point? There are a lot of mons with high usage values that aren't necessarily broken like Garchomp and Clefable. I don't know about you, but I don't see a good cut-off percentage that captures the good mons you want banned without OUup taking a bunch of random non-broken mons with it. You could have a council determine what's broken, but creating tiers based entirely on a council's decision is very subjective and would displease a huge portion of the player base.

There's also the issue of whether it's worth the effort to bother maintaining the tier. The difference between OU and UU (not counting BL mons) is about 50 mons. Just how many mons do you want banned from OUdown? If you ban too many OUdown is UU with a crapton of things they have to ban. Ban too few and you're just playing OU with random mons stripped from the tier. Even if you ban 20, that's a pretty small difference between usage-based tiers considering most tiers ban a little under 60 mons by usage. It's similar to why there's no tier between OU and Ubers: the difference in the tier is so small that there isn't a large enough pool of supporters to merit the extra effort.
That's the thing I personally am not sure about either. But what would we lose from testing this "new tier"? We could start with randomly "banning" some Pokis from OUdown and see how it develops. Sep by step we could change a few things (like banning or unbanning certain pokes) Maybe after 1-2 months those 2 tiers (OUup & OUdown) will establish themselves? I mean, we won't lose anything from testing it and personally I don't think it is a bad idea to solve this "OU is far from balanced"-problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)