Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deino and it's evolutions are not available in the Safari, unfortunately. You have to breed them from scratch. However, I have just finished breeding for my own Hydreigon and have plenty of leftover Deinos with 4-5 perfect IVs. Message me and we could probably work out a trade.
Thanks! Are you interested in some 5IV Bagons (Rock Head / Sheer Force)? Still finishing up on my breeding, may be able to give you one in exchange for a Deino once I'm done. You may add me using the FC in my signature. :)

So what's the deal with Blaziken? Why do we keep treating it as if it's an OU Pokemon, yet it has been insta banned from both 6th Gen ladders without any sort of test? Seems almost like a waste that we're giving it a preview and everything if it's just going to be banned until PokeBank is released (or that's what I'm assuming at least).
I think that the same Ubers list as last gen exists on the ladders at present just because we can't just 'not have' a ban list, in order to prevent the metagame going crazy until a proper preliminary list is put forward. Once the tiering council has decided on a preliminary list for 6th gen, what's on the list might change.

As for specifics like Blaziken, you'll see discussion of it for the very reason above; we can't assume anything in the Blaziken region of OP'ness will or won't be uber at the moment, and it's actually totally viable to assume it's not banned until the very moment that it is. It's why you'll see discussion of that, and the things that people are already calling to be banned in places (like, for example, Mega-Gengar and Aegislash, not that I'm of that opinion myself) as if they're definitely going to feature in this metagame, because, well, right now there's nothing to say they won't.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
How do I get spikes on a Chestnaught? I thought it was through the Move ReLearner but Chespein can't learn it. Do I have to wait until it evolves?
Spikes is an egg move - it needs to breed with another Pokemon in its egg group to get Spikes. May I suggest Smeargle to pass Spikes down?

Hey people, i try not to post much because theres a lot of info on the site and i try to search before i make myself look stupid but i got a few questions..

I want to get into competitive battling as a downtime thing between the other game i play but have no idea where to start. Can anyone give me some references on how to build teams? Even if its an old one, i dont know how to begin (i know the banlist rules, thats it).

Question 2: how do you read the speed list table? Maybe i just cant read tables but how can i tell who out speeds who? That sounds dumb as hell but i think the table is based on base stats, but people have max iv/ev. How can you tell if your monster needs more speed ev?

Question 3: anyone know of any clearly op monsters in this gen like excadrill last gen? I hear a lot about the aegislash or however its spelled

Thanks everyone

Edit: also, which meta is the "balanced" one? ou?

Last edited:
Question 1:
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/ select the pokemon and it will give you at last 1 example build.
http://stats.pokemon-online.eu select the format and pokemon, it will show you the most used builds.

Question 2: You can always go to a stadistic page or something like that (like the ones I just linked you) and check how most people are building their pokemons. With enough knowledge over the metagame you will most likely know what most of your opponents pokemons's evs and natures are. Nature and Scarf are a bit harder to predict tho, specially Scarf.

Question 3: Previous gen OU pokemons are still the same. Weather related pokemons are still used (minus Politoed), but there are no longer weather based teams. You can start there.

In this gen, the most OU pokemons I have seen so far are Aegislash, Greninja, Mega-Gengar and Mega-Khangaskhan. Talonflame and Klefki are quite common. Goodra, Trevenant, Gourgeist and Diggersby see some play from time to time. The others only see play from in rare occasions. Megas are losing a lot of their initial popularity.

So Im wondering on Shadow Tag Chandelure. I saw Contrary Serperior been released so I though most DW pokemons where going to be released, but in Chandelure's case I havent seen a Shadow Tag one. Is it possible to get one in game? Will it possible to do so once pokebank gets released?

ok my question, my friend, find the normal gem in x&y, so i think really exist flying gem in this generation, so somewhere find the gem , and where ?

So Im wondering on Shadow Tag Chandelure. I saw Contrary Serperior been released so I though most DW pokemons where going to be released, but in Chandelure's case I havent seen a Shadow Tag one. Is it possible to get one in game? Will it possible to do so once pokebank gets released?
Chandelure has a new hidden ability now, so it seems likely that Shadow Tag has been replaced. I don't think we're sure, but I'm guessing that it would change even on one that was transferred. I'm not even sure that it got released in BW either though.
ok my question, my friend, find the normal gem in x&y, so i think really exist flying gem in this generation, so somewhere find the gem , and where ?
So far no one seems to have found gems other than Normal.

Just to add to emb1234's response, unless I've missed something huge, Contrary Serperior has NOT been released, and isn't, therefore, available.

I'm going to add a question of my own - is there a place for early-look 6th-gen teams to be posted up? I've not found it yet, and I've not seen more than one or two here, but I'm keen to see what people are using and to post mine up too.
I asked this a couple pages back, didn't get nothing, sorry to have to repost.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Is there a thread devoted to egg moves. If not we whould have one because the game can't be datamined atm iirc.
There is no one thread dedicated to egg moves; however, egg moves are being researched and are posted in a Pokemon's thread in the Research forum as they are found.
I asked this a couple pages back, didn't get nothing, sorry to have to repost.
There is not currently a place to post Gen 6 teams.

Yesterday i saw that some old pokemon got a small boost to one of their base stats, one of them is Nidoking, he got a +10 on his base attack. As a Nidoking user i was wondering if it would be worth it to use a physical Sheer Force + Life Orb set, with the elemental punches, poison jab and earthquake. I did some damage calculations myself, but the special set does 2-4% more damage everytime. But there must be a reason why GF updated Nidoking's attack instead of his special attack. I hope someone can help me out ;)

A link to the updated base stats:

http://www.serebii.net/xy/updatedstats.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)