Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokecheck is what people used to check their shiny values, but Nintendo released a patch that kinda made it not work anymore, so it's impossible to know your shiny value now unless someone comes up with an updated version of the Pokecheck that works with XY or something.

I don't think high/low numbers are relevant with shiny values.
Actually, pokecheck yet has to implement their 6th gen support. Instacheck was used in order to reveal hidden values.

How high or low the numbers are is not important. The Pokemon will only turn out shiny when the number matches the personal Shiny Value. That said, the number is best when it is matches your own, second best when it matches a SV of someone on the Shiny Hatcher Community Database (providing they are still alive and active in order to hatch the egg).

Are there any possible counters for stalling teams? I tried making a team specifically to overpower them, but even with a Hyper Beam Adaptability Choice Specs Modest Porygon-Z and a Giga Impact Choice Band Adamant Slaking, they still somehow manage to heal more HP than they lose every turn.

It's gotten to the point where I just throw up my hands and forfeit if the enemy has a Ferrothorn, Blissey, or Trevenant in their team at all. They're just not worth fighting, it's just too boring. So I need to know how to overcome them.

On Shaymin, is Synthesis now preferred over Rest and considered a reliable form of recovery, or should I just stick to Rest + Natural Cure?

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Where did the warstories forum go?
Do you mean the old war stories? Here it is.
what tier is miltank in?
It was NU last generation, but hasn't gotten enough usage to warrant any tier this gen, thus putting it in Limbo for now. It's very likely to be NU again, but that doesn't mean it's bad in other tiers, 'cause it's not.
if the enemy has a Ferrothorn, Blissey, or Trevenant in their team at all. They're just not worth fighting, it's just too boring. So I need to know how to overcome them.
Them in general? Try Entei or Mega Charizard-X: They both demolish those three, + Aegislash and Skarmory. Since a lot of stallers are specially bulky or resist normal, Hyper Beam won't be very effective.
On Shaymin, is Synthesis now preferred over Rest and considered a reliable form of recovery, or should I just stick to Rest + Natural Cure?
Synthesis and Rest + Natural Cure function differently, and you should keep that in mind when choosing. But in general, yes, Synthesis is reliable enough now to use.

It was NU last generation, but hasn't gotten enough usage to warrant any tier this gen, thus putting it in Limbo for now. It's very likely to be NU again, but that doesn't mean it's bad in other tiers, 'cause it's not.
so finding sets for OU will be hard huh? :c

For Rotom-W at Lv. 50 (for Battle Spot/ Wi-Fi Battles), is the most efficient defensive ChestoRest EV distribution 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spd or 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spa or Spd?

Them in general? Try Entei or Mega Charizard-X: They both demolish those three, + Aegislash and Skarmory. Since a lot of stallers are specially bulky or resist normal, Hyper Beam won't be very effective.
So basically, in order to win against stall teams, I have to leave a big gaping hole for non-stall teams to stomp all over me... Drat.

...Well, it beats being forced to Struggle myself to death. Repeatedly.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So basically, in order to win against stall teams, I have to leave a big gaping hole for non-stall teams to stomp all over me... Drat.

...Well, it beats being forced to Struggle myself to death. Repeatedly.
Charizard is an S ranked Pokemon. It has its flaws, but doesn't really put gaping holes in your team if used properly.

I really love Mega Gardevoir since the release but what kind of team it could fit in ? I've been trying to build a team around it but it doesn't work out

Is there any place on Smogon where people trade over wifi? Specifically, I am looking for a Starf Berry. I have lost my last 5 runs in the Battle Maison in the ~140 range. Super Singles, Doubles, and Triples. It is so frustrating to start over again just to lose to some hax, especially when it takes many hours to get to 140 or so to begin with.

Is there any place on Smogon where people trade over wifi? Specifically, I am looking for a Starf Berry. I have lost my last 5 runs in the Battle Maison in the ~140 range. Super Singles, Doubles, and Triples. It is so frustrating to start over again just to lose to some hax, especially when it takes many hours to get to 140 or so to begin with.
go to this thread in the wifi section http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...item-requests-etc-go-here-no-hacking.3500126/

saw on twitter a poketuber that go surprised by a Metagross using earth power is that true? . veekun and bulbapedia dont have this information

saw on twitter a poketuber that go surprised by a Metagross using earth power is that true? . veekun and bulbapedia dont have this information
Earth Power Metagross has not happened yet. Either the move is mistaken for Earthquake or that Metagross is a hack.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Are there any possible counters for stalling teams? I tried making a team specifically to overpower them, but even with a Hyper Beam Adaptability Choice Specs Modest Porygon-Z and a Giga Impact Choice Band Adamant Slaking, they still somehow manage to heal more HP than they lose every turn.

It's gotten to the point where I just throw up my hands and forfeit if the enemy has a Ferrothorn, Blissey, or Trevenant in their team at all. They're just not worth fighting, it's just too boring. So I need to know how to overcome them.
Taunt forces them to attack or switch, and knock off gets rid of any leftovers or sitrus berries

I really love Mega Gardevoir since the release but what kind of team it could fit in ? I've been trying to build a team around it but it doesn't work out
Gardevoir fits well as a special sweeper as long as she has proper support to switch into. Something bulky that resists ghosts, like Pangoro or a Normal-type.

Is running an itemless pokemon ever a viable option? With Knock off becoming widespread, I was sort of curious. More in particular I was thinking of running itemless Mienshao.

Mienshao
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SpDef
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

I'd go for HP Ice Hasty Mienshao but I sort of want to keep things simple if I decide to try this out on cartridge. FIghting/Flying used to have extremely great coverage together, now barring Zapdos / Emolga / Thunderus / Aegislash; Knock Off and Stone Edge hit them SE though. Since without an item, acrobatics hits 110 power, and no being locked into a choice item, or recoil damage, and only 65 bp knock offs to worry about.

Or is running an item almost always superior?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is running an itemless pokemon ever a viable option? With Knock off becoming widespread, I was sort of curious. More in particular I was thinking of running itemless Mienshao.

Mienshao
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

I'd go for HP Ice Hasty Mienshao but I sort of want to keep things simple if I decide to try this out on cartridge. FIghting/Flying used to have extremely great coverage together, now barring Zapdos / Emolga / Thunderus / Aegislash; Knock Off and Stone Edge hit them SE though. Since without an item, acrobatics hits 110 power, and no being locked into a choice item, or recoil damage, and only 65 bp knock offs to worry about.

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Abomasnow: 234-278 (60.9 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mienshao Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Abomasnow: 330-390 (85.9 - 101.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 140-166 (38.4 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Mienshao Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 196-232 (53.8 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Mienshao Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 160-190 (43.9 - 52.1%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO

Running itemless Pokemon is a waste, imo. You will often find yourself not being knocked off and then you would have just wasted the opportunity to use an item.

Mienshao really likes Life Orb, and even Choice Band or Scarf are viable.

Mienshao

Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

EDIT: Sniped by Arikado. Whoops.

I'll add that the only Pokemon to come to mind which I would consider running itemless would be non-Unburden Hawlucha, which can leave some serious dents with those Acrobatics attacks. Even then, the only reason not to run Power Herb Sky Attack or something is if you need that fourth moveslot for something besides Substitute/Encore.

I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this question, but what are good EV spreads and natures for SwagPlay Pokemon (Klefki, Thundurus, Liepard, and Sableye)?

Edit: Haunter told us to abuse SwagPlay for the suspect test, so please don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)