Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

Torn-T, Landorus, Rotom-W, Sylveon, Lopunny, Manetric, Raikou, Cobalion, Magnezone, Scizor, Celebi and Mew is what I can remember off the top of the dome.

Where do I go if I want to get feed back on my team but don't feel like the team warrants a long RMT write up? (kinda like a RMT lite) Is it ok to post my team here if I'm just looking for quick feed back?
On another note, how my alts should I have if I want to climb the ladder?
you could always ask one of the tutoring rooms on PS and maybe drop a pastebin of the team.

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE
I
Hey guys whats a good EV spread for Modest gardevoir paired up with bisharp and plently of twave spam?
I would still say max speed max Satk with timid/modest nature up to your preference. However if you want some bulk i'd recommend to run enough speed evs to outpace neutral natured max speed kyurem-b, which requires 216 evs with a neutral nature

The Zygarde guide recommends 56 speed EVS for some of its sets to outspeed (adamant) Bisharp. But 56 EVS leaves it at 122 speed, the exact same as adamant Bisharp with 252 speed EVS. Am I missing something? Why would this guide recommend a speed tie which leaves it to 50/50 chance whether Zygarde moves first or not? Unless Psypokes stat calculator is wrong.

p2

Banned deucer.
The Zygarde guide recommends 56 speed EVS for some of its sets to outspeed (adamant) Bisharp. But 56 EVS leaves it at 122 speed, the exact same as adamant Bisharp with 252 speed EVS. Am I missing something? Why would this guide recommend a speed tie which leaves it to 50/50 chance whether Zygarde moves first or not? Unless Psypokes stat calculator is wrong.
I'm not sure where you're getting 122 speed from as 56 EVs puts you at 240 Speed which is 1 point above Adamant Bisharp

edit: That's what Zygarde reaches at level 50, if you want to speed creep Bisharp at level50, run 60 Speed EVs as the EV spreads on the Smogon Dex are for level 100 Pokemon outside of VGC sets.

I'm not sure where you're getting 122 speed from as 56 EVs puts you at 240 Speed which is 1 point above Adamant Bisharp

edit: That's what Zygarde reaches at level 50, if you want to speed creep Bisharp at level50, run 60 Speed EVs as the EV spreads on the Smogon Dex are for level 100 Pokemon outside of VGC sets.
Oh. Smogon sets are based on level 100 Pokemon? I thought 50 was the norm. Thats what it is on Pokemon Online.

How good is Specs Sylveon? Could it run Pixie Plate efficiently instead of Specs for freedom of moves such as using Baton Pass when needed instead of hard switches?

Is Timid viable on Sylveon? Is it decent on offensive teams anyway?
Specs Sylveon is fairly prediction-reliant and suffers from a pretty low speed, but the fact that its Hyper Voice hits harder than Gardevoir's means that there's a pretty good payoff when you get the predictions right and can make a decent substitute for Gardevoir when you already have a Mega you want to use. I wouldn't recommend Pixie Plate because of the sheer drop in power (about 15-20% across the board).

I also wouldn't recommend Timid unless there's something you absolutely need to speed-creep since it has such a bad speed stat. For reference, uninvested Timid only lets you outspeed Chesnaught, Gothitelle, Alomomola and normal Scizor. With max speed, there are a decent number of things you can outspeed, but I don't think a lot of the 1 v 1 matchups change from it, and there are a great deal more things than can outspeed you still, but now you lack bulk to stomach the attacks.

How viable is an offensive core composed of Chandelure and Mega Gardevoir?
They seem like a pretty solid core in theory as Chandelure checks steels with fire blast and Victini with shadow ball, letting Mega Gardevoir wreck havoc.

How good is Specs Sylveon? Could it run Pixie Plate efficiently instead of Specs for freedom of moves such as using Baton Pass when needed instead of hard switches?

Is Timid viable on Sylveon? Is it decent on offensive teams anyway?
In my experience, you really need the boost from specs to threaten teams. Don't worry to much about having to switch out as you should have switchins to mons like tran and scizor, or ideally somrthing that sets up on them. As for running timid, it is way better to invest in HP, Sylv is way to slow to outspeed anything notable and slow baton pass is great for getting free switches.

Hey guys whats a good EV spread for Modest gardevoir paired up with bisharp and plently of twave spam?
I'd still recommend the standard 24 Def/232 SpA/ 252 Spe, though maybe some of the EVs could come out of speed instead with modest nature.

Gardevoir isn't really meant to take hits, so it just wants to be as offensive as possible to get off as many Hyper Voices as it can. The Def EVs allow it to check Latios by always avoiding a 2HKO from Psyshock without Rocks. If you have Twave spam anyway, the difference in speed is mitigated.

What's more viable between infernape and emboar as a wallbreaker?
In general, Infernape is considered the more viable of the two wallbreakers due to its higher speed and generally greater utility. Emboar does has its uses since it has more raw power in its STABs, but the low speed and unimpressive bulk leave a lot to be desired.

So last generation, Ninetales and Politoed were bumped up to OU because they were the only OU- legal setters of sun and rain, respectively. This made them pivotal players in the "weather wars" that dominated Gen V. Now weather has been nerfed, and Ninetales has fallen back into disuse... but Politoed has not.

Granted, Politoed is still the only Drizzle user in the game aside from Kyogre, while Drought can now be summoned by Mega Zard Y. But Zard Y takes up a mega slot and its mega stone disallows it from holding a Heat Rock, so I can't imagine it's typically used as a sun setter when it has better things to do.

Why has Politoed's niche kept it viable in OU, while Ninetales's niche hasn't? Is Rain just superior to Sun, or does it have better abusers?

So last generation, Ninetales and Politoed were bumped up to OU because they were the only OU- legal setters of sun and rain, respectively. This made them pivotal players in the "weather wars" that dominated Gen V. Now weather has been nerfed, and Ninetales has fallen back into disuse... but Politoed has not.

Granted, Politoed is still the only Drizzle user in the game aside from Kyogre, while Drought can now be summoned by Mega Zard Y. But Zard Y takes up a mega slot and its mega stone disallows it from holding a Heat Rock, so I can't imagine it's typically used as a sun setter when it has better things to do.

Why has Politoed's niche kept it viable in OU, while Ninetales's niche hasn't? Is Rain just superior to Sun, or does it have better abusers?
I think it's because politoed can provide more utility in general, and it's just easier to switch into politoed because of it's bulk

In addition to what ir0n said, rain is the better weather thanks to having abusers both offensive (Swift Swimmers in Kingdra, Kabutops, Mega Swampert, and Ludicolo) and defensive (Manaphy, who might like not having to set its own rain for Hydration), not to mention Thunder and Hurricane users who appreciate the perfect accuracy during the downpour. Sun has...Zard Y, whose Fire Blast and Solar Beam off 159 SpA nuke a good chunk of the metagame, but there's only one viable Chlorophyll user in OU, non-mega Venusaur, which is vulnerable to incoming Sun-boosted Fire moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)