ORAS OU ORAS OU Mega Altaria Super Offensive Team

Not quite hyper offensive, but very offensive nonetheless.

Allie (Altaria) @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

This, while being my favorite Pokemon, is also a very powerful mega evolution. It is used as a set-up or straight physical sweeper. It can utilize D-Dance to outspeed and OHKO almost anything, making it an unstoppable wrecking machine (except for bullet punchers). Return is very powerful fairy type STAB and Earthquake provides some coverage for sweeping. Roost is an option for health recovery.

Crystal (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer

Crawdaunt fills the hole of a water type to resist the fire and water attacks that are super effective against Victini, Skarmory, Serperior, and Excadrill. This Pokemon is a very potent revenge killer, able to switch in after a KO and knock out the attacker. It can also be used to sweep with Dragon Dance. Aqua Jet is the move to use when revenge killing (and is surprisingly powerful), Knock Off is another powerful STAB attack with the added bonus of getting rid of the opponent's item, and Crabhammer can be used for sweeping after it's Dragon Danced. Life Orb gives that extra bit of power to its attacks.

Robin (Victini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Victini is the Ferrothorn/Scizor counter and has a valuable psychic typing. This pokemon is good for type coverage, with a fire, electric, psychic, and bug type move. V-Create is a STAB attack that packs an awfully huge punch, and it can U-Turn right back out to avoid the repercussions. Fusion Bolt and Zen Headbutt are for coverage. The Leftovers is being held for lack of a better item.

Cork (Excadrill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw

This is another very potent attacker, but with a bit more bulk. This pokemon is a semi-bulky sweeper with type coverage options. At this point, I feel like I'm repeating myself. Anyway, Earthquake is very powerful STAB, Iron Head can counter pesky fairies trying to get at Crawdaunt and Altaria, Rock Slide can take care of flying types like Talonflame and Landorus, and Shadow Claw can deal with ghost types. The Assault Vest allows Excadrill to take special water, grass, and fire type attacks.

Vanguard (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Skarmory is good at setting up stealth rocks and spikes. This is my lead and can either set up the hazards or clear my opponent's. Defog lets me get rid of toxic spikes and stealth rocks which are both very bothersome. I can choose between Spikes and Stealth Rocks or go with both, depending on what Pokemon my opponent has. It packs Iron Head as well in case it needs to attack. It can also switch into physical attackers and do damage with the Rocky Helmet.

Everfree (Serperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect
- Glare

Serperior is a very fast Pokemon that can cripple sweepers. It's used mainly to stop sweepers and wipe out large chunks of the opponent's Pokemon. Glare slows down sweepers so that they are easier to knock out. Leaf Storm is its main attack, synergising with its Contrary ability for a very powerful set-up as well as an extremely powerful attack. Dragon Pulse can take out dragons and Pokemon that resist Grass. Protect can be used to scout out what the opponent plans to do or give more recovery from the Leftovers.

I have a few suggestions and set changes for your team.

-Crawdaunt isnt that great in OU unless you really know how to use it. It also adds to Altarias fairy weakness and you don't need a second dragon dancer. Replace it with Tail Glow Manaphy. Manaphy does all the things that Crawdaunt does except with better bulk and also the team has one special attacker (Serpeior). Manaphy appreciates Victini's ability to deal with its checks, like Mega Venusur.

-Choice Band over Leftovers on Victini. Victini is a hit and run attacker, so it is won't get much out of passive recovery. Also change Jolly to Adamant, since it's not missing out on that many out speeds

-I suggest running a different Excadrill set. Run 252 HP / 4 Atk / SpDef, and leftovers. Moves: Earthquake, Iron Head, Rapid Spin and Stealth rocks. Now that you have this set you don't really need skarmory, which frees up a teamslot.

-You should change protect for HP Fire (which lures scizor for Altaria) and run expert belt over leftovers since your coverage now hits a wide array of threats

I'll edit in a suggestion for a replacement for Skarm later.

I don't see how Altaria is working. You have the Cloud Nine ability to stop weather, but you're not outspeeding the pokemon you're supposed to (Excadrill and Kingdra) because of the Adamant Nature. Same thing with Crawdaunt. Adamant +1 is slower than Kyurem while Jolly outspeeds base 100s (and Pinsir)

Also I'd drop Victini for Magnezone to rid Steel types. They can still switch out on Victini.

If you're going to use Manaphy like the above suggested run this set

Tail Glow/ Hidden Power Fire/Scald/Psychic. That set eliminates all counters to Alaria except Unaware users and you have Serperior and Excadrill for those.

Also Shadow Claw is useless on Excadrill for hitting ghosts because the only ones in OU are Sableye, Gengar and Shedinja, two of which you hit with Earthquake and the other not weak to Ghost.

I don't see how Altaria is working. You have the Cloud Nine ability to stop weather, but you're not outspeeding the pokemon you're supposed to (Excadrill and Kingdra) because of the Adamant Nature. Same thing with Crawdaunt. Adamant +1 is slower than Kyurem while Jolly outspeeds base 100s (and Pinsir)

Also I'd drop Victini for Magnezone to rid Steel types. They can still switch out on Victini.

If you're going to use Manaphy like the above suggested run this set

Tail Glow/ Hidden Power Fire/Scald/Psychic. That set eliminates all counters to Alaria except Unaware users and you have Serperior and Excadrill for those.

Also Shadow Claw is useless on Excadrill for hitting ghosts because the only ones in OU are Sableye, Gengar and Shedinja, two of which you hit with Earthquake and the other not weak to Ghost.
Yeah I agree with you. Magnezone over Victini is good, but then you'd definitely need Psychic and HP Fire on Manaphy to get rid of Scizor and Mega Venusaur. As for replacing Skarmory, you need a ground immunity, and an electric and fighting resist, so I'd suggest. It has a little more bulk than Latios which is needed since it needs to check all the things I mentioned. Since you already have rapid spin on Excadrill you could try Calm Mind and Stored Power (pretty cool set IMO).

I'm not the greatest rater, but i hope i helpeed a little.

The Team Now:

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Serperior @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Breath

I don't really understand the Latias set.. Maybe a Heatran would be better for the FWG core ? And your team is pretty frail on paper , maybe physically defensive Skarm over Exca (because Megagross 6-0 the team) and a Spedef Heatran to beat Venu and Talonflame would be better.

So i see this :

Altaria @ Altarianite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 spD
Implish Nature
- Spikes / Defog
- Whilrwind
- Roost
- Iron Head

Serperior @ Life orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse / Taunt
- Glare

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HPs / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Hps / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava plume
- Stealth rocks
- Taunt / Roar / Toxic
- Flash Cannon / Earh power

But with all this HP Fire on this team and Heatran , i see DDD a better options on this team for more bulk and to switch into Keldeo or something because this team as like 0 switchin to Specs Keldeo. do whatever you want, Heatran would be a pain for this too but maybe with Manaphy and HP Ground Serp DDD Altaria can work.

Last edited:
Hi, you could improve this team even more or a little bit :

Threats for your team are like bisharp, which can be very annoying with the SD set, only Altaria can revenge kill him, Zard-x eat your team too, you not have safe switch-in to Mega Lopunny and Talonflame can be threating so I will recommende Mixed Wall Hippowdon over Serperior. This is a very good check to Bisharp and other pokemon I cited

Next I don't understand the AV on Excadrill,it does not help against strong specials attackers like M-Gardevoir, Gengar, M-Alakazam. You can have a better options. So put Sand Rush Excadrill instead AV Excadrill, with Sand Rush Excadrill doubles its speed thanks to the hippowdon sandstorm with that you have a great Revenge Killer to a lot of common threats, for the item Life Orb is Better than Air Balloon because you have a great ground immunity and sands check : Skarmory

Speaking of Skarmoy Iron Head Spdef Leftovers > Defog Physically Defensive.
If you play Skarmory on a team, you should always use him with Spikes (unless you are using some kind of hyper offenses but thats another story), Defog isn't that great on Skarmory and it would be counterproductive with Spikes, Specially Defensive spread allow you to check effectively Special Attackers such as M-Gardevoir, M-Alakzam, M-Diancie and Tornadus-T which are all annoying for balanced teams

Swords Dance Crawdaunt > Dragon Dance Crawdaunt. It's objective is as Wallbreak much as possible, OHKO Rotom and Ferrothorn after one boost is extraordinary ( 'Daunt at +2 have a big chance to ohko Azumarill after rocks )

Finally you could try Latios over Victini. With Latios you can beat Rotom-W and is one of the best check to m-venusaur in the metagame. For the set you can run Hidden Power Fire for lure Ferrothorn which can be dangerous.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Roost

Hope I Helped :)

Last edited:
I don't really understand the Latias set.. Maybe a Heatran would be better for the FWG core ? And your team is pretty frail on paper , maybe physically defensive Skarm over Exca (because Megagross 6-0 the team) and a Spedef Heatran to beat Venu and Talonflame would be better.

So i see this :

Altaria @ Altarianite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 spD
Implish Nature
- Spikes
- Whilrwind
- Roost
- Iron Head

Serperior @ Life orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse / Taunt
- Glare

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HPs / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Hps / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava plume
- Stealth rocks
- Taunt / Roar / Toxic
- Flash Cannon / Earh power

But with all this HP Fire on this team and Heatran , i see DDD a better options on this team for more bulk and to switch into Keldeo or something because this team as like 0 switchin to Specs Keldeo. do whatever you want, Heatran would be a pain for this too but maybe with Manaphy and HP Ground Serp DDD Altaria can work.
Heatran totally doesn't get Levitate, by the way.

----------

All of you, thanks for the help! I'll try a few battles with the improved team and we'll see what happens. Be back soon!

Heatran totally doesn't get Levitate, by the way.

----------

All of you, thanks for the help! I'll try a few battles with the improved team and we'll see what happens. Be back soon!
Yeah sorry that was a mistake , put Defog on Skarm if you really hate SR too. And Rinzer , Altaria without Magnezone is pretty bad in this meta and DDD Mega Alt beats Zard X if it's not SD.

So if I'm going with Altaria, Serperior, Skarmory, Magnezone, and Manaphy, shouldn't I go for Latias instead of Heatran so half my team isn't Steel-type? And then couldn't I switch Manaphy back for a Swords Dance Crawdaunt?

Edit: if I do go with 'daunt, what fourth move should I add to SD, Aqua Jet and Knock Off? X-Scissor? Brick Break? Crabhammer?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)