ORAS ORAS OU 2023 Circuit Championship - Finals [Won by ACR1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luirromen

:]
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Both of you are good friends of mine and I support both whatever the outcome is.
Im happy for both of you and hope you give an amazing match, good luck guys :D

Lemme explain for a bit please.

Initial Scheduling
After getting the pairing, I immediate contacted ACR1 on smogon asking to schedule via discord. On the next day I asked for an extension since xmas season iffy to play. I gave him for the 28th of december a timeframe from 6-9pm +1 my time. After asking theia for the extension I agreed to play on 8pm +1 and also clarified that it is 4pm -3 for him. I posted 8pm +1 / 6pm -3 by acciden tin this forum, which has the correct time in my timezone but the wrong one in his (i edited it today) but it was clearly communicated in dms I meant 8pm -1 / 4pm -3 and even now it is more than 30 Minutes past that time.

Gameday
3hours 20 Minutes prior to the game he messaged me he is supposedly to be sick the whole day already and would like to reschedule to tmr. I already have plans for it the usual timeframe I open up for mons I already planned or rather I am planning to play series and the other time of the day I am busy with university. He simply replied "rip" which indicated for me the situation sucks for him obviously but gave up from his side onr rescheduling attempts and is going to play on the given time. I message I wait on smogtours on my main. After not getting any response first duringthe first 15 minutes of wait, then in the next 30 minutes I explained my view of the situation. This being the final, I wanna play out the series. But even though someone is ill the whole day, it is their duty to communicate atleast a bit and not only asking me a few hours before the scheduling time for one rescheduling attempt and then dipping out. I offered him one more hour, and then another one. I didn't even ask for him to come on now, I just wanted communication a simple response. I even waited longer so it allings with the time I posted wrong by accident but nothing ever came.

Conclusion
I did way to little what I actually wanted to do this evening since I wanted to give him enough time nearly 3hours and exactly not fish for an activity as soon as possible but play it out but the lack of communication that should have been provided is unfair to me. For that reason I would like to call activity on ACR1 for missing thr scheduled time for hours and providing no attempt at serious rescheduling and little to no communication from the start of his worriness of being to ill. I wanted to make this post as transparent as possible to explain my decission.

Last edited:
since this is circuit finals and he let you know he was ill, maybe an exception case can be made? feels a bit scummy to play victim despite ur opp likely being sick & act like he took a large portion of your day when you didn't need to wait 3 hours for him, just 30 mins.

you're technically warranted an act win but that's a bit disappointing to see for this kind of match, esp during the holidays. sry to be that contrarian when the rules favor you but i feel bad for ur opp and would be cool to see this series played properly

Niko

Sun God
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Calling act on finals is ridiculous, especially when your opponent contacted you in advance to tell you that he is sick. I think the tour director would give you the activity win it if comes down to that but maybe u should be the one realizing winning like that would be pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)