Not open for further replies.

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Montsegur.
Art By Andrew.
Everything stolen from FireMage.

NU REPLAY THREAD

Welcome to the NU Replay thread. Here is where we're going to post replays demonstrating not only great battles you've had between friends, but top tier Official Tournament battles (Grand Slam), Unofficial tournaments (NUPL, MiniTours), and ladder battles you feel people can learn from by watching.

What kind of replays should be posted here?
  • Battles in which display a particular playstyle really well.
  • Battles with two highly rated members of the ladder (If ladder battling)
  • Battles in which show (good) new and creative sets off.
If you do post a battle, remember to add some information about the team(s) involved, and a little bit of a summary of what the battle entailed and some clarification about key points in the match (turns you really had to think - explain what you did and why).

np: Stage 3 - 9(9) Problems
NP Thread

Misc:
Master Sunny-EX vs. Deej Dy
This game was very long and tight and showcased how an offensive FGW core with underrated pokemon can put in some work! Ok so basically this is Deej's semistall versus my FGW with an offensive twist. Basically the whole of this replay shows me putting immense pressure on Deej's slightly slower team and never letting him dictate terms of the match. I had immensely power wall breakers on my side in the form of CB Flareon and Adamant max attack Torterra all backed up with the possibilty of a late game Healing Wish into any one of my win conditions. The thing that really put him on the back foot though was Banded Flareon and its immense damage output, putting him on the backfoot from turn 1, and the relative passiveness of his team let me force the issue with my variety of setup Pokemon which were Rhydon and Timburr. This team thrives on these kind of match ups, especially because SD Rhydon and CB Flareon don't really have any switch ins in the classical sense of the word. This is an example of how to proactively play against stall and shut it down. not how Mega Steelix doesn't get a chance to Mage Evolve until late in the match.

This was an ORAS game although Mega Steelix hadn't quite become that popular just yet! This was an NU room tour, and again showcased how bulky FGW with Healing Support can put in work against most playstyles. Especially in this game I seemed to have an easy matchup because this particular FGW tends to matchup well against bulky offensive teams, that rely mainly on resists to play around opposing threats. here gurgurr puts in the work again breaking my opponents Musharna and allowing me to clean late game with Mesprit.

np: Stage 4 - Celebration
NP Thread

Misc:
iplaytennislol vs. Montsegur
One of NU's moderators is a haxing dingus. Great.

np: Stage 5 - Eruption
NP Thread

He brought sun and even though I played well it came down to a 5% Sawsbuck

Offensive Garb always catches me off guard when i bring in something I think should outspeed.

Last edited:

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
NUPL3

Week 1

Mexican Mesprits vs Money Maker Musharnas
ORAS: mencemeat vs iplaytennislol
ORAS: Can-Eh-Dian vs Zebraiken
ORAS: QueenOfLuvdiscs vs Kiyo
XY: Vileman vs Disjunction
BW2: hollywood vs Tachycardia
DPP: Bedschibaer vs Laurel
Bo3: Blastral (ORAS NU) (DPP NU) vs Raseri

Atomic Articunos vs Warrior Wobbuffets
ORAS: Blapperl vs Steve Angello
ORAS: Teddeh vs Shuckleking87
ORAS: Tricking vs scorpdestroyer
XY: KratosMana vs Deej Dy
BW2: bugzinator vs -Tsunami-
BW2: ium vs Lolk
BW1: Finchinator vs marilli
DPP: atomicllamas vs Honko
ADV: Django vs Oglemi
Bo3: Karppi (BW2 NU) (DPP NU) vs The Goomy

VoD Vileplumes vs BODYBAG BEARATICS
ORAS: FLCL vs aim
ORAS: FAJI vs liberty32
XY: New Breed vs blarajan
BW2: Tyrano vs Hikari
BW1: Sam vs Leremyju
DPP: Jirachee vs VuvuzelaBzz
ADV: Heysup vs Vermillion Project
Bo3:Omfuga vs Cased (BW2 NU) (DPP NU)

Week 2

Money Maker Musharnas vs VoD Vileplumes
ORAS: Raseri vs Kyuss
XY: Disjunction vs Omfuga
BW2: Tomahawk vs reiku
BW2: Tachycardia vs Tyrano
DPP: scotti vs Jirachee
ADV: ThriceElite vs Heysup
BO3: Kiyo (ORAS NU) vs FLCL (DPP NU) (BW2 NU)

Warrior Wobbuffets vs Mexican Mesprits
ORAS: Steve Angello vs QueenOfLuvdiscs
ORAS: scorpdestroyer vs Can-Eh-Dian
XY: Deej Dy vs Vileman
BW2: -Tsunami- vs Blastral
BW2: Lolk vs Cherub Agent
BW1: marilli vs Sweep
DPP: srk1214 vs innovamania
ADV: Oglemi vs Bedschibaer
Bo3: The Goomy (ORAS NU) vs hollywood (BW2 NU) (DPP NU)

Atomic Articunos vs BODYBAG BEARTICS
ORAS: Teddeh vs aim
ORAS: Karppi vs liberty32
ORAS: Blapperl vs Realistic Waters
XY: KratosMana vs blarajan
BW2: bugzinator vs Leremyju
BW1: ZoroDark vs Metaphysical
ADV: Django vs Vermillion Project
Bo3: Finchinator (DPP NU) (ORAS NU) vs Cased​

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-197182597
Deej Dy versus SunnyORAS(me)

This game was very long and tight and showcased how an offensive FGW core with underrated pokemon can put in some work! Ok so basically this is Deej's semistall versus my FGW with an offensive twist. Basically the whole of this replay shows me putting immense pressure on Deej's slightly slower team and never letting him dictate terms of the match. I had immensely power wall breakers on my side in the form of CB Flareon and Adamant max attack Torterra all backed up with the possibilty of a late game Healing Wish into any one of my win conditions. The thing that really put him on the back foot though was Banded Flareon and its immense damage output, putting him on the backfoot from turn 1, and the relative passiveness of his team let me force the issue with my variety of setup Pokemon which were Rhydon and Timburr. This team thrives on these kind of match ups, especially because SD Rhydon and CB Flareon don't really have any switch ins in the classical sense of the word. This is an example of how to proactively play against stall and shut it down. not how Mega Steelix doesn't get a chance to Mage Evolve until late in the match.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-182782305
NUB Dentricos vs SunnyR(Me)

This was a pre ORAS game as you can tell by the non mega Camerupt/Steelix. But the quality of the was quite high. This game revolves around me putting pressure on Xatu from the get go to try to open up a sweep for Gurdurr,and also shows how Healing Wish lets a player play much more freely secure in the knowledge that his wincon gets two shots to finish the game. It also shows off how immensely powerful wall breakers like CB Dodrio out the opponent on the backfoot allowing me to capitalize on Dentricos's constant switches to his Steelix and try to force his hand. This game also shows how over reliance on one Pokemon to do a particular role such as keeping hazards off the field and checking Fighting types can lead to trouble.Once Xatu was gone the game was pretty much securely in my hands.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-183466285
Realistic Waters vs SunnyR(Me)

This was an ORAS game although Mega Steelix hadn't quite become that popular just yet! This was an NU room tour, and again showcased how bulky FGW with Healing Support can put in work against most playstyles. Especially in this game I seemed to have an easy matchup because this particular FGW tends to matchup well against bulky offensive teams, that rely mainly on resists to play around opposing threats. here gurgurr puts in the work again breaking my opponents Musharna and allowing me to clean late game with Mesprit.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-183757374
zockcent vs SunnyR(Me)

This was a very fun match. Again another NU room tour, and my favorite bulky offense makes its way out again. This replay again showcases how teams that rely on less physically bulky waters like Lanturn are shown up Flareon that possesses insane wallbreaking power while holding a Choice Band. All it takes to break my opponents core are a few simply made predictions. This game also shows off another one of the tiers wallbreakers in Sawk.Although there is a twist in the tale in the form of Vileplume Effect Spore putting my Feraligatr to sleep I manage to pull through in the end!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-184098730
Skysolo14 vs SunnyR(Me)

This was a test match between a friend and myself, and showcases the power of Mind Plate Mesprit an extremely underrated set in the context of the NU metagame, which has the potential to force an opponents hand into making suboptimal plays dictated by the use of Future Sight. Mesprit really is versatile that can use a variety of sets but this one is rather niche but VERY effective in this particular match.All in all a very hectic fast paced match! Enjoy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)