Other ORAS Good Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, Magnezone's handy, but all it does it trap steels. Despite its base 130 Sp. Attack, its moves feel like they're simply not doing enough damage on average. It's also way too slow at a downright bad base 60 speed, but it can't run a scarf because one, it's still too slow at around base 90, and two, it's then too weak. Outside of trapping steels, tbh, I don't think Magnezone should be the first choice for any team.

Steels, you say?

Yeah I dunno if it would make it good at all but maybe adding mag would make the core somewhat viable.
Magnezone doesn't really have a favorable match-up with offensive Steels. Mega Scizor can nail it with Superpower on the switch, and Metagross can both take a hit and usually retaliate with Earthquake or Hammer Arm.

The thing is, Magnezone's handy, but all it does it trap steels. Despite its base 130 Sp. Attack, its moves feel like they're simply not doing enough damage on average. It's also way too slow at a downright bad base 60 speed, but it can't run a scarf because one, it's still too slow at around base 90, and two, it's then too weak. Outside of trapping steels, tbh, I don't think Magnezone should be the first choice for any team.
A Scarf also multiplies EV and nature investment, so it doesn't turn it into a base 90 speed mon exactly. with a Timid nature and 252 Speed EVs it hits around 360, which is more in the 115 range.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
._.
Wat

I'll ignore the power argument since it's subjective as to how hard you feel he hits, but everything else you said is just plain wrong.

Base 60 speed won't win any races, but it's still fast enough to do the job. It can be EVed to outpace specific defensive threats, and in most cases beating in invested base 80s is good enough. On top of this, Magnezones job isn't to sweep. It's to wall break (see: Azumarill). All it needs to outpace are walls, which it does fairly easily.

And the scarf set is in no way bad. It outpaces positive natured base 114 speed mons, which translates to Thundy and slower. He's a great birddpam check thanks to a 4x resistance to flying. Additionally, he beats common offensive monsters like Keldeo, Adamant Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, Terrakion, Mega Scizor, and others with the scarf set alone, which is enough of a reason to use him in of itself.

And finally, trapping steels for mons like Pinsir, Mega Gardevoir, Azumarill, and other offensive monsters who are stopped by is in no way a small task, and boasting the title of the best mon to do this in OU is a very appealing traits that earns Magnezone a spot on many teams in OU.

Offesive core yeh
Nasty Plot Celebi + Talonflame
+

This is a core that I have been testing recently and Ive found it works very well in the ORAS meta. Talonflame's biggest counters atm are Rotom Wash and Heatran, two very common mons which have almost no issue with constantly switching into Talonflame. For this reason, I decided to use Nasty Plot Celebi with Earth Power to annihilate Rotom and lure in Tran. Sets are pretty flexible and can be customised to whatever preferences
you have, in this case I wanted to use Band Talon so I can pressure switchins but SD and Stallbreaker also work well, however, Earth Power on Celebi is an absolute must to lure and beat tran. The premise is fairly simple. U turn on switch, go straight into Celebi against Washtom, but not against Tran as it kinda defeats the purpose of the lure. In order to guarantee the ko on Tran against a wary opponent, pretending Celebi lacks Earth Power can be a good game plan, revealing it only when hes extremely confident in switching in. Celebi also beats other bulky mons that Talon has trouble with, such as Slowbro, while Talonflame beats many of Celebi's hard switchin, such as Ferrothorn, Skarm and Chansey.

Overall a very fun and viable core using the underappreciated celebi.
Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass/Recover/Psychic
- Earth Power

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind/Sleep Talk
Man, I tried playing around w/ this but I'm finding Celebi a liability due to that 4MSS. Without Baton Pass the core is insanely TTar / Bisharp Pursuit weak (though +2 Celebi hits them hard, sure). On the other hand, without Recover, Celebi can't pivot in and out late-game. I tried pairing the core with Keldeo for the F/W/G, cuz Keldeo is a fkin terrifying Nasty Pass recipient for Celebi & comes in for free on Ttar / Sharp, but then the flyspam weakness is too real.

Do you have advice or replays, especially in regards to good teammates?

Last edited:
Man, I tried playing around w/ this but I'm finding Celebi a liability due to that 4MSS. Without Baton Pass the core is insanely TTar / Bisharp Pursuit weak (though +2 Celebi hits them hard, sure) and Volt-Turn weak too. Without Recover Celebi can't pivot in and out late-game. I tried pairing the core with Keldeo for the F/W/G, cuz Keldeo is a fkin terrifying Nasty Pass recipient for Celebi & comes in for free on Ttar / Sharp, but then the flyspam weakness is too real.

Could Mag/Tflame/Cele/Keld work w/ scarf Mag, although this turns it more into a team than a core, I feel like it works well in theory, as ScarfZone is a wonderful BirdSpam check (n.b don't switch into Tflame unless you're positive you outspeed and that he/she won't go for FB, which you do, assuming you're 30 IV (hp fire) and 252 Timid and he's Adamant), and would make for a good recipitent, assuming grounds are dead thanks to Cele/Keld.

I am new to this so please can i have constructive criticism.
I think this is a rather solid core as, despite both being weak to ice, they both have fire moves so compensate. Flygon resists the electic and can get rid of the rock that pidgeot hates. It also makes a good u-turn core. However, the con is that pidgeot doesn't protect flygon too well, but please tell me what you think...

I am new to this so please can i have constructive criticism.
I think this is a rather solid core as, despite both being weak to ice, they both have fire moves so compensate. Flygon resists the electic and can get rid of the rock that pidgeot hates. It also makes a good u-turn core. However, the con is that pidgeot doesn't protect flygon too well, but please tell me what you think...
the only issue with this is that there are many pokemon with ice moves that are not ice typing themselves (I.E something like starmie). Maybe pairing this with a water type (Tentacruel?) could help

i'm gonna nip this in the bud right here

please do not discuss mons that are not on the ou viability rankings, ty. you're new so that's forgivable, but flygon is not a viable mon in ou, so there's no reason to continue discussion on it any further
But hey, maybe someday Flygon will be viable if you know what I'm referencing...

Magnezone doesn't really have a favorable match-up with offensive Steels. Mega Scizor can nail it with Superpower on the switch, and Metagross can both take a hit and usually retaliate with Earthquake or Hammer Arm.

A Scarf also multiplies EV and nature investment, so it doesn't turn it into a base 90 speed mon exactly. with a Timid nature and 252 Speed EVs it hits around 360, which is more in the 115 range.
Must've miscalculated then. But yes, he's not great against offensive steel-types. The thing is, outside of Hidden Power Fire, Magnezone really has nothing for steels. I think it has its niche, but it's a really small one.

Man, I tried playing around w/ this but I'm finding Celebi a liability due to that 4MSS. Without Baton Pass the core is insanely TTar / Bisharp Pursuit weak (though +2 Celebi hits them hard, sure) and Volt-Turn weak too. Without Recover Celebi can't pivot in and out late-game. I tried pairing the core with Keldeo for the F/W/G, cuz Keldeo is a fkin terrifying Nasty Pass recipient for Celebi & comes in for free on Ttar / Sharp, but then the flyspam weakness is too real.

The team I used it on used stallbreaker wisp talon>Banded which mitigates the ttar issue (Though I also had conk on the team who beats both of those). Birdspam was also an issue so I used magneton to beat ferro and outspeed greninja (the team used sharpedo) but raikou would be a better fit. The rest of the team was other support ie hazard control etc.

Im afraid I wont be able to gather replays bc Ive got exams atm and wont find much time to play for the next week

Offensive Core:
(Totally accurate size comparison)
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head / Meteor Mash
- Agility
- Ice Punch / Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Yeah, I know there are already two MegaGross cores in the OP, but that's simply because this monster of a Pokemon works well with so many viable OU mons. Among them are the monster amphibian Greninja and the undeniably sp00ky Gengar. The core is simple; Greninja and Gengar work together to clear the way so MegaGross can get a sweep going, and they all compliment their typings very nicely, I might add. Greninja hits many of the things that wall or otherwise threaten MegaGross (M-Venu, Hippowdon, Landorus-T, Skarmory, etc.) and Gengar hits just about everything else (M-Slowbro, Rotom-W, M-Swamp, Greninja, etc.). MegaGross can also take any Psychic attack from any unboosted Mon, which makes it a great partner for Gengar (same goes for Greninja, though he's as frail a pile of snow). Gengar also offers some handy immunities; Levitate can mitigate MegaGross's Ground weakness and he can also switch into Fighting type Mons for Greninja (with a little prediction, of course). Regarding the slashed moves, Meteor Mash can be used over Iron Head on MegaGross if you want more pure power with more risk factor and no flinch hax bonus. Additionally, Zen Headbutt can be used over Ice Punch if you like the prospect of a secondary STAB move better, though it leaves MegaGross susceptible to Dragons like Garchomp and Dragonite. Hydro Pump on Greninja is pretty much the same deal as Meteor Mash; it hits harder, but it's riskier.

Of course, no core is without its flaws, and this one is no exception. The Mega-Charizards X and Y are pretty problematic for this core, since you can only respond appropriately if you know which Mega it is, and by the time you find out, it's probably too late and you've already either sacked one of your mons or given it a free turn to set up Dragon Dance (assuming it's Zard X). Chansey walls this core, so Fighting types and stallbreakers in general can lay waste to it before it does any substantial damage. Non-CB Talonflame is another thing to watch out for, since it shreks Gengar and Greninja with Brave Bird and KOs MegaGross with Flare Blitz if it isn't set up. Noting these weaknesses, Rotom-H, AV Slowbro, T-Tar, Hippowdon, Landorus-T, and AV Conkeldurr all make excellent partners for this core, as they can all respond to most of these threats.

Last edited:
Wouldn't scarf gengar be better because that way it can outspeed greninja and lati twins? I would change out ice punch on megagross to zen headbutt, and sludge wave in the last slot to icy wind, as you can nail scarf lando-t, mega mence (if not set up).

Can I post non-mega cores here too ?
Yeah, of course - there's already some non-mega cores in the OP. Megas just happen to be perfect for forming cores around most the time or fit in easily, hence why they're on most cores you see here.
edit: whoops no cores on the op have no megas. Still there's no problem tho; people just have shiny new toy syndrome is all

Last edited:

Hey guys this is one of my offensive cores from one of my MegaGross teams. Metagross+Mamoswine have amazing offensive synergy. Both of them have a trump card of sorts in Grass Knot and Freeze dry to get a 2hKO on bulky waters like Slowbro, Rotom-W (not Grass Knot but Zen 2hkos after Rocks most of the time anyways). Metagross has Hammer Arm but to 2hKO Ferrothorn who can be annoying for Thundurus+Mamoswine to get around but you can replace it with something else if you can think of something better. EQ works but you'll hit the some things for the most part. Thundurus is there to take out Skarmory and cripple things with Knock Off and Thunderwave.
This core if far from perfect defensively but against defensive builds, Mamoswine+Metagross will just run a train on anything not named Skarmory or Bronzong.
Some good teammates are things that can switch into birds, skarmory, check ninja and loppunny can be an issue too if you let Metagross take too many hits. Some common things that come to mind are Rotom-W, Landorus-T, ScarfZone.

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot
- Zen Headbutt

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Thunderbolt
- Thunderwave
- Superpower/HP Ice

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Offensive Core
Dragrachi (M-Sceptile + Kyurem-B + Jirachi)

I don't think I'm going to go into a very long detailed post of how this core works in detail because it needs to be shown in practice to prove its capabilities and replays are down. The only real merit I can speak of for this core is that it's won me some scripted tour matches while netting some easy wins against offense and balanced against players of various skill levels. Double Scarf I find is a very consistent form of hyper offense in a meta where the current speed tier threshold has increased. Jirachi provides an offensive check to mons that threaten this core such as M-Gardevoir, M-Altaria, and Clefable with utility in the form of Serence Grace Body Slam + Stab, and Healing Wish for the two. Kyurem-B is basically the late game cleaner designed to handle annoyances to the core such as Lando-T, the Zards, Tentacruel, Celebi, and so forth. M-Sceptile serves as a secondary cleaner against such threats such as Thundurus, Greninja, bulky ground and water types, and in anything within the KO range due to its high speed tier. The team I'm using this core on is part of a couple of cores that work well together so partners such as Azumarill, Rotom-W, Heatran, Togekiss, Greninja, Clefable are a handful of partners that can supplement this core. Iron Head is interchangeable on Kyurem-B for Dragon Claw you'll just become a bit more Fairy weak while Body Slam is interchangeable on Jirachi for Trick for the trade off of doing better against stall but less so against offense. That's it really.
Sceptile (M) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Unburden
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Iron Head

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Body Slam

Here is an quite HO core that I like to fit in some balanced or even semi-stall teams of mine, because it can make a second win condition besides the mega you are using and a plan B is always good to have. Now you think about these two checks and counters and you have: Heatran and Rotom-W in common, so this Scizor set is made so that Scizor can lure Heatran and Rotom-w, kill and then leave a clean way for a Talonflame mid or late game sweep. Scizor will be using LO and some speed (enough to outspeed sp def heatran, 44 speed rotom and 252 speed adamant Tyranitar) to do what it usually can't, kill its would-be counters. There is also the bonus of a +2 Scizor being able to even OHKO Mega Slowbro, which seriously isn't easy to do. I like to use a SD Talonflame with enough speed to outpace Raikou and scarf Magnezone instead of other sets because since his path is clean, why not ? But feel free to use other Talonflame sets, they work well too. As for partners for this core, defog or rapid support are appreciated by Talonflame, obviously, and to be honest various things fits here and you can choose quite freely from basic teambuilding archetypes but I would say other stuff that like Rotom-W and Heatran gone like Mamoswine lacking Freeze-dry, Belly Drum Azumarill and CM Clefable can fit well on a team depending on what type of team you want to make.

Importable
Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Talonflame (M) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Now, just some calcs to prove the effectiveness of Scizor
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 298-351 (98 - 115.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 398-468 (101 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Sometimes, you know that the Heatran will be a speedy one or its even scarf, so here is a calc that show you don't even need to set up, just simply hit on the switch and its profit.

252+ Atk Life Orb Scizor Superpower vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 356-421 (92.4 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Replays

PS, just a disclaimer:
I don't want to steal the credits for this core (I have seen other people use it before me) as I don't think its either new nor really innovative, I just think it's an effective core that should be shared with others.

Last edited:

Here's a Hyper Offensive core I've been testing a bit. Synergy wise, they work pretty well together offensively and cover each others weaknesses really well. Latios is the focal point of the two deadly attackers. Latios covers both mega Gyarados and Diggersby's fighting weaknesses as well as their grass weaknesses and diggersby's water weakness, etc, etc. I don't want to go ever every detail of the types they cover, I think it's pretty obvious when you look at them and actually think about it, but that is the basis of their defensive synergy. They all cover each others weaknesses extremely well. I chose HP fire life orb Laltios because it deals with things that wall digger and gyara like ferrothorn and skarmory, and latios helps deal with keldeo which gives the two threats some trouble. I went with agility diggersby (originally SD) because it really helps with the new megas, specifically beedrill and sceptile which can clean sweep this core alone if I don't have agility up or if I have already evolved gyarados. SD also works, but I already had a set up attacker in gyarados which I figured would be good enough if diggersby can handle all the fast things like sceptile, beedrill and well, pretty much the entire unscarfed metagame. It gets knock off now too, which with agility helps it beat gengar. For gyarados, I actually went for jolly, which seems weird, but again this core hates mega beedrill and mega sceptile so at +1 with jolly I outspeed and kill them which really helps. It gets crunch now which is amazing since it destroys slowbro and mew and I gave it taunt because with moldbreaker it can taunt mega sableye and stallbreak general things like chansey and ferrothorn and what not. This core Isn't very fast unless it sets up, so teammates that prepare for speedy things that are threats to this team like greninja work well. A wall or a scarf user works best in that case. This core will work on hyper offense and balance the best.

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility / Swords Dance
- Return
- Knock Off / Quick Attack
- Earthquake

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog / Roost

That's the core. Not much more can be said really, they cover each other superbly and will destroy the opposing team if given the chance.
Credits to pkparaiso.com for the sprites.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't think knock off on diggersby is worth it, I would rather run an SD + quick attack set, since diggersby really misses out on priority because it's so slow. Gyarados already takes care of most ghost types, and latios takes care of skarmory with HP fire.

Honestly, I don't think knock off on diggersby is worth it, I would rather run an SD + quick attack set, since diggersby really misses out on priority because it's so slow. Gyarados already takes care of most ghost types, and latios takes care of skarmory with HP fire.
Well to be honest you can run SD or Agility, both work for this core (I forgot to mention that). Really it's up to what your team needs. I just used knock off + agility because at the time gengar w/ taunt and will o wisp can shut me down quite easily. It's not like it really benefits more with extra speed or extra power, they both kinda do the same thing in the end, but eh, to each his own. Again, both work, it really depends on your team. For this core, you're probably right that SD works better, it just didn't work on my team.

Heres a fun core that obliterates offense teams with extreme prejudice while pressuring stall at the same time.

This is kindof an updated rendition of the toxicroak core i love so dearly. But without toxicroak. He lives on in my heart. Anyway the sets are Modest Landorus i with rock polish, Banded Azumarill and pursuit trapper scarfed tyrannitar. These pokemon together obliterate offense, while stall is pressured by the insanely destructive power of Modest Landorus I. After a single rock polish nothing outspeeds Landorus, not even scarf Greninja (rofl). This thing obliterates HO teams with ease after set up, outspeeding and OHKOing even the bulky Keldeo. Its main problem is HO mainstay Latias/Latios. This is where Ttar comes in, an excellent pursuit trapper who eliminates lati@s with ease. Azumarill gets tons of free switches against teams, and powerful priority and down right nuclear moves also makes teams cry. Not even joking, with a bit of chip damage and stealth rocks, Azumarill 2HKOs skarmory. Yes, the skarmory. Its just awesome. Ttar also does check talonflame extremely well, who poses threats to Landorus I sweeps. Azumarill also switches into weavile easily, who again, threatens landorus i sweeps. I would recommend Mega Venusaur as partner pokemon to this core as it switches into other azumarills. Mega Gardevoir is a serious threat to this team, compounded by using megasaur as a teammate. Slowbro is also another good partner, despite compounding lightning weaknesses with azumarill. Although ttar is quite a good switch for all the lightning types in OU, barring Raikou.

here's a pastebin.
http://pastebin.com/HX8P2vcZ

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
going with a tried and true classic core thats been around since day one of XY:

Rotom-W + Landorus-T + Greninja

Ok so the reason why Im posting this is because 1). It is extremely effective in the Metagame, and 2). This is a core that has been battle-hardened since the days of BW (with ninja being replaced by something else, ofc). Anyways, the whole point of this core is for Lando and Rotom to provide VoltTurn support to get Greninja into the battle safely, seeing as he has the defenses of a wet paper bag. Once inside though, hes a threat. As we all know, Greninja got a gem in ORAS in the form of Gunk Shot, which turned his former Fairy-type checks into liabilities. Aside from that, Greninja also has STAB everything to wreck havoc on opposing teams. The roles of Lando and Rotom boil down to switching into things that Greninja cant kill, and getting Greninja in safely. Its really self explanatory and this core just plays itself once you get a feel for it.

Additionally, good ways to use this are on offensively oriented balance teams and bulky offense teams, as the VoltTurn core provided by Rotom and Lando help to preserve momentum throughout the match. Also, Greninja can really be replaced with any hard hitter, like Mega Gardevoir or Mega Gallade, but I chose Greninja specifically because it doesnt tie you down to a specific Mega and is still a very potent threat in today's metagame.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

OR

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Lefotvers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Last edited:

Karxrida

Eventide (art by @kzhjp)
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
going with a tried and true classic core thats been around since day one of XY:

Rotom-W + Landorus-T + Greninja

Ok so the reason why Im posting this is because 1). It is extremely effective in the Metagame, and 2). This is a core that has been battle-hardened since the days of BW (with ninja being replaced by something else, ofc). Anyways, the whole point of this core is for Lando and Rotom to provide VoltTurn support to get Greninja into the battle safely, seeing as he has the defenses of a wet paper bag. Once inside though, hes a threat. As we all know, Greninja got a gem in ORAS in the form of Gunk Shot, which turned his former Fairy-type checks into liabilities. Aside from that, Greninja also has STAB everything to wreck havoc on opposing teams. The roles of Lando and Rotom boil down to switching into things that Greninja cant kill, and getting Greninja in safely. Its really self explanatory and this core just plays itself once you get a feel for it.

Additionally, good ways to use this are on offensively oriented balance teams and bulky offense teams, as the VoltTurn core provided by Rotom and Lando help to preserve momentum throughout the match. Also, Greninja can really be replaced with any hard hitter, like Mega Gardevoir or Mega Gallade, but I chose Greninja specifically because it doesnt tie you down to a specific Mega and is still a very potent threat in today's metagame.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

OR

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Lefotvers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
Rotom-W has a 30 Defense IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)