Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
In Pokémon Diamond Version, Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf do not need to be caught to advance the campaign. I would like to postpone catching them, but do they permanently disappear at any point? I was already bamboozled by the game once, soon I will get around to whining about Spear Pillar at (Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon...
The other option is that you can lose to Uxie or Azelf. That way you don't despawn them the way KOing or fleeing would, but don't have to catch them immediately. I did this when I was a lot younger and catching Azelf was hard.

The other option is that you can lose to Uxie or Azelf. That way you don't despawn them the way KOing or fleeing would, but don't have to catch them immediately. I did this when I was a lot younger and catching Azelf was hard.
You know that respawn every time you beat the league til you catch them, right?

Due to personal stuff I'm thinking on making a new Nintendo account/profile, is there any way I can connect it to the same HOME account that is already linked with my old one? I have many mons I would like to keep on Scarlet, original color Magearna included.

Due to personal stuff I'm thinking on making a new Nintendo account/profile, is there any way I can connect it to the same HOME account that is already linked with my old one? I have many mons I would like to keep on Scarlet, original color Magearna included.
Home has the ability to reach into anyone's save files on the console, even if you're in a different profile

Example being, I created 3 accounts on 1 switch. I didn't se up any sort of family plan or anything, nor did I even create an associated email for the third one so that one is even more off the grid than the second one.
If I go into Home with my Primary account, I can then change which user's save files I'm viewing and freely move Pokemon from those files into Home and Home into those files.

Last edited:

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
Are there any websites/apps out there which check the legality of mutual egg moves in earlier gens? Thinking of breeding a Charmander in GSC and I'm reasonably sure that Bite, Outrage, and Rock Slide can all be present on the same individual but I'd like to be certain.

The thread seems to be about how if you miss your chance one time, the trainer will show up later in the story to give you another chance. What I want to know is do you ever run out of chances?
After hopping around bulbapedia for a while, I believe the following Pokemon can be safely 100% refought at any time in the post game:
Owned by regular trainers, like Pyrite's battle square and Pyrite cave.
All of the Cipher Peons with Shadows in the Cipher/Shadow Pokemon Lab can reappear in the Post game until you've captured them
Other Cipher Peons (the ones you fight in Realgem) & Skrub (the guy with Hitmontop) will instead show up at the Snagem hideout until you've captured them
The Johto starter peons I think don't permanently disappear until you capture their shadows
The 4 randos, Nascour and Evice in Realgem
Agnol, since I believe you can always do the final round in the Deep Colosseum.
Fein does not leave until you capture Togetic if this note on bulbapedia is accurate.
At first I thought you could miss out on Gonzap's Skarmory, but rereading it while doing a second pass for accuracy I saw that he will stick around until you've captured the Skarmory at which point win or lose he leaves.

You're forced to capture Makuhita so he doesn't matter

I couldn't be sure if the Smeargle & Ursaring trainer in Snagem stick around or not. Considering the rest of Snagem does stick around, I assume they do? But not 100%

Bulbapedia was unlcear if the Admin's rounds of Deep Colosseum can be replayed, so it's possible those ones are limited

So....it seems like it's literally everyone except maybe the Admins?

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
After hopping around bulbapedia for a while, I believe the following Pokemon can be safely 100% refought at any time in the post game:
Owned by regular trainers, like Pyrite's battle square and Pyrite cave.
All of the Cipher Peons with Shadows in the Cipher/Shadow Pokemon Lab can reappear in the Post game until you've captured them
Other Cipher Peons (the ones you fight in Realgem) & Skrub (the guy with Hitmontop) will instead show up at the Snagem hideout until you've captured them
The Johto starter peons I think don't permanently disappear until you capture their shadows
The 4 randos, Nascour and Evice in Realgem
Agnol, since I believe you can always do the final round in the Deep Colosseum.
Fein does not leave until you capture Togetic if this note on bulbapedia is accurate.
At first I thought you could miss out on Gonzap's Skarmory, but rereading it while doing a second pass for accuracy I saw that he will stick around until you've captured the Skarmory at which point win or lose he leaves.

You're forced to capture Makuhita so he doesn't matter

I couldn't be sure if the Smeargle & Ursaring trainer in Snagem stick around or not. Considering the rest of Snagem does stick around, I assume they do? But not 100%

Bulbapedia was unlcear if the Admin's rounds of Deep Colosseum can be replayed, so it's possible those ones are limited

So....it seems like it's literally everyone except maybe the Admins?
The Admin rounds of Deep Colosseum can be replayed, I missed Entei when I did my Colosseum challenge ages ago and had to cycle back through until I could catch it again.

What are the best locations for Pokémon to quickly gain experience in Pokémon Diamond? I have not obtained the National Pokedex.
Have you cleared Iron Island yet? If not, beating up wild Pokemon there alongside Riley is probably your best bet, since you get free healing after every battle and you can take down two mons at a time. I don't think there are any particularly good spots besides that, beyond just grinding the wilds/Vs Seeker in the last route you traversed.

My only other insight is that if you've cleared all the optional stuff and you're grinding is for the E4 specifically, then I think Route 223 is better than Victory Road for grinding in terms of average experience EDIT: my bad, I'm thinking of Platinum, where the levels of Victory Road wilds were reduced. Victory Road's probably more efficient in DP.

Last edited:
Have you cleared Iron Island yet? If not, beating up wild Pokemon there alongside Riley is probably your best bet, since you get free healing after every battle and you can take down two mons at a time. I don't think there are any particularly good spots besides that, beyond just grinding the wilds/Vs Seeker in the last route you traversed.

My only other insight is that if you've cleared all the optional stuff and you're grinding is for the E4 specifically, then I think Route 223 is better than Victory Road for grinding in terms of average experience EDIT: my bad, I'm thinking of Platinum, where the levels of Victory Road wilds were reduced. Victory Road's probably more efficient in DP.
I have cleared Iron Island, so Victory Road looks like my best option. Thank you for your help. After having an under-level yet effective team for the second half of the game, I got the idea that I could storm the Pokémon League with LV.49 Pokémon. I (:bronzong: :drapion: :lopunny: :drifblim: :kricketune: :infernape:) narrowly defeated Bertha (:quagsire: :sudowoodo: :golem: :whiscash: :hippowdon:) after a draining battle that involved Quaqsire using struggle because the game's foe AI is apparently more averse to switching Pokémon than I thought it was. Rather than proceed to Flint, I then quit the game in order to gather myself. If a path to victory is not within sight after a few more attempts, then I will battle wild Pokémon until my Pokémon are LV.56.

I have cleared Iron Island, so Victory Road looks like my best option. Thank you for your help. After having an under-level yet effective team for the second half of the game, I got the idea that I could storm the Pokémon League with LV.49 Pokémon. I (:bronzong: :drapion: :lopunny: :drifblim: :kricketune: :infernape:) narrowly defeated Bertha (:quagsire: :sudowoodo: :golem: :whiscash: :hippowdon:) after a draining battle that involved Quaqsire using struggle because the game's foe AI is apparently more averse to switching Pokémon than I thought it was. Rather than proceed to Flint, I then quit the game in order to gather myself. If a path to victory is not within sight after a few more attempts, then I will battle wild Pokémon until my Pokémon are LV.56.
You know Cynthia's Pokémon are in the 60s right? Garchomp is 66. Why were you even trying at 49?

You know Cynthia's Pokémon are in the 60s right? Garchomp is 66. Why were you even trying at 49?
A ~15 level gap isn't unfeasible if you're not shackling yourself with extra challenge rules.

Pulled up my Platinum save for reference and my HOF #1 team is all lv50 and under, and it includes a Kricketune and Bibarel (as my dedicated water type, not an HM mule).

I wanted to know if such a thing is feasible.

A ~15 level gap isn't unfeasible if you're not shackling yourself with extra challenge rules.

Pulled up my Platinum save for reference and my HOF #1 team is all lv50 and under, and it includes a Kricketune and Bibarel (as my dedicated water type, not an HM mule).
If you are referring to my recent posts in (Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon, then my "rules" do not amount to anything close to a challenge run. Do you have any tips? My team has mediocre type matchups against the Elite Four's type specialties.

Qwerty LV.49 :dp/bronzong:
Ability: Levitate Item: Light Clay
Moves: Extrasensory, Hypnosis, Light Screen, Reflect

Bob (M) LV.49 :dp/drapion:
Ability: Sniper Item: Poison Barb
Moves: Poison Fang, Toxic Spikes, Crunch, Acupressure

Abigail (F) LV.49 :dp/lopunny:
Ability: Cute Charm Item: Amulet Coin
Moves: Charm, Quick Attack, Return, Jump Kick

Hannah (F) LV.49 :dp/drifblim:
Ability: Aftermath Item: Spell Tag
Moves: Ominous Wind, Shadow Ball, Fly, Focus Energy

Xavier (M) LV.49 :dp/kricketune:
Ability: Swarm Item: Razor Claw
Moves: X-Scissor, Perish Song, Sing, Swords Dance

Mattrex (M) LV.50 :dp/infernape:
Ability: Blaze Item: Shell Bell
Moves: Fire Spin, Flame Wheel, Close Combat, Mach Punch

I wanted to know if such a thing is feasible.

If you are referring to my recent posts in (Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon, then my "rules" do not amount to anything close to a challenge run. Do you have any tips? My team has mediocre type matchups against the Elite Four's type specialties.

Qwerty LV.49 :dp/bronzong:
Ability: Levitate Item: Light Clay
Moves: Extrasensory, Hypnosis, Light Screen, Reflect

Bob (M) LV.49 :dp/drapion:
Ability: Sniper Item: Poison Barb
Moves: Poison Fang, Toxic Spikes, Crunch, Acupressure

Abigail (F) LV.49 :dp/lopunny:
Ability: Cute Charm Item: Amulet Coin
Moves: Charm, Quick Attack, Return, Jump Kick

Hannah (F) LV.49 :dp/drifblim:
Ability: Aftermath Item: Spell Tag
Moves: Ominous Wind, Shadow Ball, Fly, Focus Energy

Xavier (M) LV.49 :dp/kricketune:
Ability: Swarm Item: Razor Claw
Moves: X-Scissor, Perish Song, Sing, Swords Dance

Mattrex (M) LV.50 :dp/infernape:
Ability: Blaze Item: Shell Bell
Moves: Fire Spin, Flame Wheel, Close Combat, Mach Punch
If you really want to go in at your current level, you're probably gonna want to give Drapion the Poison Jab TM (it's on Route 212 if you don't have it) otherwise it'll learn Cross Poison at 58.

I'd also say get rid of Charm on Lopunny, outside of some of Flint's Pokémon Bronzong can take literally every physical attacker in the league. It's kind of a wasted moveslot on such a flexible Pokémon. Dig maybe? Since your team has no real answers for Flint. Or maybe Grass Knot since you were struggling with Bertha?

I was gonna say something about Drifblim, but then I realized that Drifblim's gen 4 movepool is terrible.

For Bronzong itself I'd recommend swapping out the screens focus for more firepower since it's your best answer to all the physical attackers that aren't Flint's and Cynthia's Garchomp has Brick Break.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)