ORAS OU OOoo a Crystal!!! OH GOD PLEASE NO (Hyper Offensive)

Should I run Choice Specs or Choice Scarf on Keldeo (Please read my Rate My Team FIRST)

• Total voters
Hey guys! Ever since Generation 4, I have played competitive Pokemon! I prefer Hyper Offense over any type of team, and I have fallen in love with Mega-Diancie lately! I have gone 40 wins to 15 losses, so it is apparent that I have some issues with this team, but an overall good team! That is why I came here! I feel like my team is balanced, but then again I go around 1200-1350 ~ Elo with around 1250~ right now.
upload_2014-12-22_19-58-3.png

This Teambuilding process was actually not that hard :D. For SURE I wanted to make a Mega-Diancie revolved Hyper Offensive Team, so I started with that.

Needed another hard hitter that is versitile and fixes up Diancies weakness'. I have decided to let the devil in. Greninja.

I needed a Spec'er at this point, so I added Keldeo due to 1. Loving her design and 2. Even with having trouble with move sets, having a shallow movepool, I find her an AWESOME Choice Specs user.

I realized that my team had weak Physical attacks, the only ones being Gunk Shot, U-turn and Diamond Storm, so I needed more prowess. I added Talonflame for that reason!

All I needed now was a tanky attacker and a Choice Bander, Landorus-T and Kryrum-B seemed great as a Choice Bander!

After playing 20~ games, I noticed a giant Stealth Rocks weakness. While Latias can't set up any hazards, I needed an offensive-tank-defogger so Latias was initiated after careful consideration!

Der Twist gave me a brilliant idea and told me to go Choice Band Scizor over Kyurem-B, it has had good effects so far and lets see how far it will go!

With Smogon Suspect Testing Greninja, and having INSANE number of people saying Ban, I have decided to get an early lead on who to replace him with. Please note that Greninja almost has no replacement avalible, but Fiat500 recommended Gengar, getting rid of one of my Electric weaknesses, and a fairy killer. Coverage on Gengar is nice, but RIP Greninja. With Gengar being a Choice Scarfer Revenge Killer on my team, Keldeo became a Choice Specs user and decimates people with that STAB+Choice Specs Hydro Pump!
CHANGES ARE BOLDED

Diancie @
Diancite
Ability: Clear Body --> Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
My personal favorite mega due to versatility and power. 160 Attack and 160 Special Attack is nothing to laugh at. Moonblast and Diamond Storm adds stab, while Diamond Storm has a 50% chance to raise Diancie's defense by one stage. Earth Power and Hidden Power [Fire] adds needed type coverage. I have considered using Rock Polish on M-Diancie, however I find her typing too sub par to use Rock Polish correctly. Her defenses are above par with 50/110/110 and can take a hit! She is commonly sweeping, or when she can`t (very rare) she is taking hits for the team! If it is the latter, I may keep her in her non-mega form due to bulkier defenses!
Possible Changes: Hidden Power [Fire] ---> Rock Polish
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def (Mega) Diancie: 108-128 (44.8 - 53.1%) -- 28.9% chance to 2HKO --> 4- Atk (Mega) Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 772-912 (259.9 - 307%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def (Mega) Diancie: 181-214 (75.1 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO or 252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD (Mega) Diancie: 136-160 (56.4 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO --->252+ SpA (Mega) Diancie Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 368-434 (121.8 - 143.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA (Mega) Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD (Mega) Sableye: 356-420 (117.1 - 138.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
As you can see, this thing is an absolute MONSTER

Gengar @
Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball
Gengar was Fiat500's recommendation to fill Greninja's shoes. Filling Greninja's shoes are near impossible. He has size 1000 feet. Greninja for me was used as a) A Revenge Killer, b) A Lead, or c) A Sweeper to wittle down people. Genger fills 2 out of the 3, and sadly can not be used as a lead. Scizor and Keldeo have seen use as a lead so far, and while Greninja has not been 100% banned, he has been banned from OU (Suspect Test) and has a large majority of ban at the moment. I hope he won't be banned any time soon, though he was kinda broken.

Keldeo-Resolute @
Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword
Keldeo is my designated Scarfer. With an above average 128 Special Attack and 108 Speed, this is an amazing revenge killer. Keldeo may have trouble with movesets, having access to a small amount of Special Moves, the one she does have are powerful and obliterate pink blobs (Hate you Chansey >:D) Hidden Power [Electric] allows for me to hit Flying and Water types hard as a decent sized car. Hydro Pump and Secret Sword are STABs that hit extremely hard. Icy Wind helps for constant slows (if needed) and is a counter to the occasional Diancie and Landorus-T!
Possible Changes: Icy Wind ---> Scald

Talonflame @
Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
Talonflame oh Talonflame.... The ever so annoying Talonflame. Everyone knows what Talonflame is notorious for, but I guess I'll explain it. Talonflame has Gale Wings, which gives +1 Priority to all Flying type moves. Priority Brave Bird and Sharp Beak AND STAB is powerful, even coming from a subpar 97 Attack stat. Flare Blitz is a secondary STAB and Taunt is helpful for a taunt-less team. Talonflame is commonly either my lead or my Set Up Sweeper, sometimes both! Swords Dance allows this to be my Set Up Sweeper and it does wonders!

Scizor @
Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
-
Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower
Scizor was recommended by Der Twist, and was an awesome recommendation. I used to have a giant Fairy Weakness and this is a threat to all fairies along with Greninja if I can somehow get it out safely. Superpower hits extremely hard against steels, Knock Off is annoying, U-turn keeps momentum (Especially with Greninja) and Bullet Punch is boosted by Choice Band and Technician and deals MASSIVE damage to Fairies! Ev's are standard Bulky Choice Band.

Latias @
Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
I love Latias. My favorite legendary asides Mega-Diancie (That thing just looks pretty). I know what your thinking. Latias is awesome, I have 1 major Stealth Rocks weaknesses, but Latias takes care of that with Defog! Healing Wish has allowed me to sweep so many times, Draco Meter and Psyshock so this thing can actually do damage! 72 HP allows me to live longer, especially letting me take a Ice Beam from Greninja then kill it with Draco Meteor, 252 Speed allows me to make sure I get a Defog / Healing Wish off and 184 SpA so I can kill Greninja with Draco Meteor.

So that's my team! Here is the Exportable if you want to play around with my team (Please give credit and/or link this Rate my Team. And avoid laddering with this team please!)
Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Shiny: Yes
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- U-turn

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Taunt

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Serious Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Roost

Thanks for helping prepare my team for more laddering and more fun! Leave suggestions and/or compliments below. Or don't :D Thanks guys and hope you have a WONDERFUL day.
(FYI for any mod, 3 lines is no longer mandatory, on my Computer my resolution is fairly small so it comes up to 4-5 lines, but if you don't see 3, please don't lock it.)

Kyurem-Black @
Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Rock Slide
- Fusion Bolt
So... Kyurem-Black. This thing hits like a 500 ton truck (Well it does have 482 Attack not including Choice Band) Outrage RIPS through targets like butter and Rock Slide is there for complimentary damage (and Talonflame) Dragon Claw is a safe pick and still rips through Pokemon and Fusion Bolt is there for OOMPHH. 232 speed allows you to outspeed uninvested Mega-Garchomp and Landorus-T and in general this Dragon-Ice type is a GIGANTIC BEAST and rips through foes like a knife through butter. Replaced by Scizor

Greninja @
Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- U-turn
Greninja adds a massive amount to my team. He is played as a sacrifice later in the game to safely send out Keldeo-R, Mega-Diancie or Kyruem-B. He keeps momentum with U-turn, does an absurd amount of damage with Surf, Ice Beam and Gunk Shot. He compliments Mega-Diancie well, hitting Water Types with a momentum keeping U-turn or a powerful Gunk Shot. He outspeeds many threats, such as but not limited to Latios and Mega Metagross (All though that Bullet Punch HURTS) and can kill Talonflame! 40 Attack allows Greninja to 1HKO Clefable and Sylveon with Gunk Shot, and 216 Special attack is not much of a loss. (Thanks Der Twist) He is a MASSIVE threat and deserves every right to have a spot on this team! Replaced by Gengar. Banned from OU (Suspect Test)

Last edited:
You have a large weakness to rock polish M.Diancie. If it gets a rock polish up, it gets you Diancie with Earth Power, Gren, Keldeo, Kyu-B and Latias with Moonblast, and Talonflame with diamond storm.

252+ SpA Diancie Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 232-274 (96.2 - 113.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (75% chance W/O)
252+ SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 528-624 (184.6 - 218.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 318-374 (87.3 - 102.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (18.8 W/O)
252+ SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 434-512 (134.3 - 158.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 856-1012 (288.2 - 340.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

What you do in return:
4 SpA Life Orb Latias Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 113-134 (46.8 - 55.6%) -- 73.8% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 79-93 (32.7 - 38.5%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Diancie Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 232-274 (96.2 - 113.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

TL:DR: If your Latias and Diancie have taken any damage or rocks are up and an opposing M.Diancie has a rock polish up, it's goodbye.

Edit: Running Der Twist's Banded Scizor would give you a solid way to beat M.Diancie as long as it didn't have HP Fire, in which case your own Diancie could take it on, as it would have to drop earth power.

Edit 2: I would advise running Icy Wind over Scald or Hydro Pump on your Keldeo as 1. Running 2 moves of the same type isn't good and 2. Ice is a great offensive type you lack other than Greninja's ice beam.

Last edited:
Hey, man. Firstly, I greatly question many of your EV spreads and whatnot. Firstly, your Latias is not ideal imo, it lacks offensive presence on a team like this especially with that set. I'd say Draco Meteor over Roost or Healing Wish absolutely since you can't afford to miss out on STAB that strong. Secondly, run a spread like this EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe with Life Orb, this gives you a good offensive and defensive balance for your Lati, letting her take an Ice Beam from Greninja and hit back with Draco for the kill. If you want Roost over Healing Wish then I'd say go straight to Latios instead.
On the topic of Greninja, run 40 EVs in Attack and 216 in SpAtk, that extra attack investment lets him get the one-shot on Azumarill and Sylveon, it's pretty standard but important.
Diancie, run Naive over Hasty. Given that priority is mostly physical, you want a nature that can take triority hits better since Diancie's pretty speedy anyway. I'd also say Rock Polish is a good idea too, but that's something more to test, either way you need a set-up sweeper.
Talonflame is a prime candidate to be your set-up mon. Run SD to punch major holes and pick off threats and break walls. SD over Taunt. Also, run a spread of EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe, this gives it more bulk to make him more spamable and still lets you outspeed Thundurus-I before they get a T-Wave off.
Yes, opposing Diancie murders you. Honestly, I'm not convinced of Banded Kyurem, it's not nearly the best set and doesn't give this team the support it needs. You're also Fairy bait too, Mega Gardevoir can bend you over the table as well if you lose Talonflame. I'd suggest Banded Scizor. Solves your issues pretty well in that department, I won't put the set in a hide bar since it's the only thing I'm suggesting upfront so here it is. Hope this helps.
Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Last edited:
Hmmmm Intresting! Thanks Der Twist! Made Changes to team, going to test it out, if dosn't work I won't change the RMT, but if it does (Which it seems highly likely because I've seen you all over the forums and you seem amazing :D

Last edited:
One misconception I also notice, Fairy is not 'covered by Diancie', Fairy doesn't resist Fairy, you have no Fairy resists whatsoever besides T-Flame. Here's what Mega Gardevoir does to your Diancie.
232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 208-246 (86.3 - 102%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Be careful with your type match-ups, man.

Um just wondering, since I lost one of my Stealth rock WEaknesses, should I still run Latias or since TF is my set up now, should I keep her?

Never run a Talonflame without hazard removal support. Ever. Yes, keep her. Run her or Latios depending on the moveset you want to use, if you're keeping Healing Wish then stick with Latias, if you're keeping Roost then go Latios.

Never run a Talonflame without hazard removal support. Ever. Yes, keep her. Run her or Latios depending on the moveset you want to use, if you're keeping Healing Wish then stick with Latias, if you're keeping Roost then go Latios.
Again Thanks for Everything Der, this is made an effect on my laddering as I have hit my peak at 1350! YAY. Though I dropped to 1300, this team has really helped me Thank you!

I honestly wouldn't worry about that since the suspecting has just been announced, Greninja might be banned, it might not be, but if it is then it's probably more a trial-and-error experimental thing to find a replacement since the Smog-Frog is so versatile. Regardless, until there is any solid conclusion to the suspect test, just keep using that broken piece of shit for all it's worth, it's not gone yet.

Ah, I look nice and stupid now. XD Damn, those are big shoes to fill... Given that you have Keldeo for Water coverage and Lando checking and Scizor for Fairy removal, what did you find him doing most effectively? His coverage is damn good, but looking at it now it seems like he didn't offer much more than offensive support for your other mons. Were there any particular threats you found just him alone having to handle?

Well.... To be completely honest. He was my lead and my secondary Sweeper for offensive beside Talonflame and m-Diancie
EDIT: He was awesome and killed a bunch of sweepers

Pent

dumb broad
Actually it's banned from OU right now, It's OU(Suspect Test) so I can't D:
Well, you could run a variety of different water Pokemon. Also, if you feel that Diancie is a threat to your team, make Keldeo a scarf set and make sure to be in front of it before RP.

I actually feel that Crocune would help a bit better for this team, so you have a good amount of bulk. Here's a set you could run.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp Atk
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature
- Scald/Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Hope it helps.

Well, you could run a variety of different water Pokemon. Also, if you feel that Diancie is a threat to your team, make Keldeo a scarf set and make sure to be in front of it before RP.

I actually feel that Crocune would help a bit better for this team, so you have a good amount of bulk. Here's a set you could run.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp Atk
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature
- Scald/Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Hope it helps.
This is a good option. Now that Greninja is being tested for Ubers, I cannot complain about the fact that it runs SURF. But another option is Unaware Quagsire. You can avoid being set up on by a Mega-Sableye and do some damage in the process. Here is the set.....

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Hope this helps!

Hey I'm running a hyper-offensive team on Smogon right now as well and had the same problem when all of a sudden I wasn't allowed to use my Greninja. So that really screwed me over, but what you could do is run Specs on Keldeo for the extra power and replace Greninja with Scarfed Gengar, who I've found is an absolute beast. It's really an easy set but it can ruin teams if used correctly:

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball / Dazzling Gleam

What this babe does is it becomes a Fairy killer, but in addition it is a fantastic Steel-type bait, and if you use Focus Blast on the predictable switch-ins, you can really cripple the Ferrothorns, Heatrans and Magnezones floating around OU, with Gengar being fast enough to finish them off.
Energy Ball or Dazzling Gleam in the last spot for whatever your needs should be.

Last edited:
Seems amazing! Will try it!!
Edit: Hydro Pump from Keldeo DECIMATES people and Gengar is amazing!! Love the recommendation!!
I'm really glad I could help :D !!! I also agree that banning Greninja is a sad sad prospect as I believe he's such a rich OU Pokemon that not only can enhance and play a massive role on teams, but can also easily be checked so I don't see a need to ban him. Oh well he will be missed :'(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)