only YOU can prevent forest fires...

Take a look, boys and girls. At this moment, you're staring at a very threatening pokemon that, ironically, not very many people prepare for. Right now, you're looking at Ursaring. When Ursaring comes out of the pokeball, you're suddenly staring down a monstrous base 130 attack. But other pokemon have base 130 attack, right? Right. But other pokemon don't have base 130 attack that can be boosted by guts. Ursaring does. And Ursaring also happens to be of the normal type, which just happens to give him STAB on facade. Wait, guts and STAB on facade? So that's like 500 attack using a 210 base power move? There's gotta be a drawback, because the poor little bear isn't top OU, and not everybody uses him. Well, Ursaring has a drawback. A very debilitating one, at that. Ursaring's big problem is the fact that he's ass-slow. 55 base speed to be exact. Well, in the speed driven metagame we play in today, that's, well, a snail's pace. Now, there are ways to help slow pokemon, right? Yes, in fact, there are. The most obvious solution is speed passing. But the problem with that is that jolly, max speed ursaring with an agility passed to him doesn't even outspeed mak speed infernape. That's right, not even infernape. So, to do anything good, I'd need two or three agilities passed to him. Well, If I'm finding the time to pass 3 agilities to Ursaring, I may as well bellypass to Metagross, which is a better use of the same amount of time I'd be using. And that's a gimmick at best. The second solution that comes to mind is trick room. Actually, nothing is really with trick room except for the fact that I fail at making teams that use it. If you use the search feature on me, you can find the trick room team I tried to make and all of the nasty, yet well-deserved comments that I received. So, speed boosts and trick room aside, there is one more way to compensate for Ursaring's poor speed. And that's paralysis support. Now paralysis was a gift given to Ursaring by the gods, or maybe to the other people around him. The gods were angry with the other people who didn't use Ursaring, and the gods smote the other people with thunderbolts. Afterwards, the people were left either dead or paralysed, and thus, paralysis was introduced into pokemon. Ever since then, Ursaring has been partly useable. Anyways, you put time into reading this stupid intro, so you know you have the time to actually look at the team, I hope...

I put some thought into this team so don't give me any half-ass responses ... even if that is the american way ...
so basically this is what I want from you. This team is still in the testing stages (well, about to be tested stages, as I don't currently have very reliable access to shoddy). Without further ado...

The Environment Crew

So that's them...

I start forest fires
a.k.a. Salamence

------------------------
Salamence @ Choice Specs
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 252 sp. attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Draco Meteor
~ Hydro Pump
~ Fire Blast

Comments: Salamence is the source of special attack for my team, and a good one at that. You guys know how specsmence works. I'm running timid over modest because modest doesn't really help with anything in particular, but timid helps me outspeed stuff like adamant garchomp, timid pikachu (lol), and other +speed base 90's. In today's metagame, this could mean getting in an extra hit before death or even not dieing.

Role in assisting Ursaring: Well, salamence actually doesn't directly help ursaring, but he has a fighting resist and intimidate, and his typing fits into the team's synergy. Salamence is more of my "other big damage contributor" type pokemon.

I Live Through Forest Fires
a.k.a. Mesprit

----------------------
Mesprit @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
Ev's: 252 hp, 175 defense, 80 sp. attack
~ Stealth Rock
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice beam / Grass knot
~ Thunderwave

Comments: Mesprit is my primary physical "wall," my stealth rocker, and my best way to deal with garchomp and gyarados. It can shrug off their boosted waterfalls and outrages (well, not shrug off, but they don't 2hko anyways) and hit back for an OHKO. The only reason I'm not leading with mesprit is that I need it for support and to deal with garchomp (vappy deals with him too, I guess) and gyarados, who otherwise sweep my team, and I don't need poor mesprit to die to pursuiters early on. I'm considering putting this guy in the lead with grass knot over ice beam to help try to deal with ttar, whose cb crunch doesn't kill in one hit. Garchomp can be dealt with by vappy, as long as vappy's physically defensive.

Role in assisting Ursaring: Mesprit can take the physical fighting attacks aimed at ursaring easily, and hit back kinda hard, especially if the opponent used close combat. Mesprit is my primary thunderwave support, as he can spread it fairly easily. Mesprit also happens to ruin the enemy's sashes with stealth rock.

Smoke Blocks me Out
a.k.a. Jirachi

-------------------------
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Seren Grace
Nature: Impish
Ev's: 240 hp, 56 attack, 76 defense, 136 speed
~ Wish
~ U-Turn
~ Body Slam
~ Stealth rock / light screen / zen headbutt

Comments: Jirachi is, like, my pure support pokemon. It heals the team, which helps mesprit a lot. It also happens to help ursaring, a pokemon constantly taking damage, a lot. Now, the only reason I'm thinking of stealth rock is if I replace stealth rock with grass knot on mesprit, to help try to take care of t-tar. Right now, I'm leaning towards light screen, seeing how this team is kinda weak on the special side.

Role in assisting Ursaring: Jirachi is my pure support pokemon. It restore's ursaring's health, which is a necessity, as Ursaring is losing it rather fast with the flame (or possibly poison) orb. Jirachi also happens to paralyse thos pesky ground pokemon and other thunderwave immunities.

I Put Out Forest Fires
a.k.a. Vaporeon

------------------------
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
Ev's: 188 hp, 252 defense, 68 special attack
~ Substitute
~ Baton Pass
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
Name Explanation: Well, vappy always reminded me of a fish (which ironically would get fried in a forest fire), but it's a water pokemon, and its main attack move is surf. Now the volume of water used in surf (just look at the animation) is sure to put out a forest fire.

Comments: Vappy is a great subpasser, being able to come in on many things and not take almost any damage. I want to make a special defensive vappy, as the team kinda needs some special defense, but I suck with ev's, and his special defense combined with his hp should suit him fine. This is another good way to deal with garchomp and an all-around awesome pokemon (I know the rmt rules say you can't say stuff like that, but it's vappy. come on)

Role in assisting Ursaring: Vappy can pass a sub to ursaring. If he's of the guts variety, something's gonna die. If he's of the quick feet variety, he can swords dance under the sub and mash everything in sight. As of now, both look like they work, so I'm not entirely sure which one to use.

I Died in a fire
a.k.a. Gengar

------------------------
Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 252 sp. attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
~ Hypnosis
~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast
~ Thunderbolt

Comments: Scarfgar is my much-needed revenge killer and source of the sleep status. I'm sure this team has many problem pokemon, and if I face them, sleep can be a temporary fix. This could also be my gyarados "counter" (he can't really switch in, though, only revenge kill), making mesprit even more able to be a lead, though lack of reliable paralysis will hurt the team if mesprit dies. Scarfgar is kinda standard, but he works, and he's needed.

Role in assisting Ursaring: Well, gengar provides a fighting immunity, which is nice, and, well, that's about it. Gengar is just sorta my standard revenge killer and sleep inducer for the team. Problem pokemon do get slept, however, so I guess that's kinda good.

Smoky the Beast
a.k.a. Ursaring

-----------------------
Ursaring @ Poison Orb
Ability: Quick Feet (for now, I'll decide between the two after testing)
Nature: Jolly
Ev's: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
~ Swords Dance
~ Facade
~ Fire Punch
~ Earthquake

Comments: Ursaring, after a swords dance, just eats everything with facade. Ironically, this is the pokemon I'm most willing to play around with. I'm not entirely sure between guts and quick feet (obviously I'll change the set, item, and ev's for each one), as I haven't tested this at all yet. Ursaring is just evil after a swords dance, much more powerful thant sdluke. by the way, your usual walls for him (hippowdon, gliscor, weezing) don't work for ursaring. Facade just kills them off. Fire punch for skarmory and, well, other pokemon in general (ghosts and the like). Earthquake is another massive move against, say, rock types? Or whatever else resists facade and is weak to EQ.

Role in assisting Ursaring: Well, without this guy, Ursaring wouldn't be able to do anything, m i rite?

Well, that's the team. The idea is to paralyse and weaken everything to the point that ursaring can bust their shit. Just like many offensive teams of today. This thing hasn't been tested yet, and the whole thing is sorta still in the theorymon stage. Once I get the chance to test this, I'll be able to provide much better feedback myself. Until then, I need your help (though I am a decent theorymon player myself ^_^)

So, now for the...
Threat List!
Garchomp:
--- Initial Switchin: Mesprit eats choicers (vappy does fine if 'sprit is weakened too much)
---SD Garchomp: Mesprit takes a bit more, but still owns it
---Choiced Garchomp: look up at the top
---Sub Garchomp: now, this could be a problem, but mesprit still does its thing, and once I've figured his moveset, it's pretty easy to bring him down
---Chain Chomp: vappy kills him fine

Gengar:
---Initial Switchin: Depends on the move I'm expecting. Gengar comes in on focus blast and revenges him. Tbolt gets absorbed by, well, jirachi? generally, I'm going to jirachi, to u-turn to my own gengar
---Life Orb Gengar: painful, I just have to predict well and somehow get in my own gengar
---Scarf Gengar: Ursaring can come in on shadow ball for a free swords dance or just mash the blighter. focus blast gets absorbed by my own scarfgar, tbolt doesn't do too much to 'rachi, and hp ice gets taken by vappy
---Subbing Gengar: Definitely a pain. jirachi can break the sub with u-turn and then go to scarfgar to kill
Blissey:
---Initial Switchin: ursaring can take twave (provided he's already statused) but doesn't enjoy seismic toss. gengar hates twave but is immune to seismic toss. but generally, I'm not going to gengar. she can't do too much to jirachi, who just sets up another guy or heals the team
---CMBliss: this could be a problem. luckily, I don't see too many. if I can get a sub up for ursaring, then she's going to die to two facades.

Gyarados:
---Initial switchin: mesprit takes almost any kind of gyarados. twave can be a bit annoying
---Bulky Gyarados: 'sprit ought to easily 2hko it, something it cannot do back, even with a dragon dance
---STalk Gyarados: did I mention mesprit beats this?
---Choiced Gyarados: holy crap! mesprit beats this too??!?
---Life Orb Sweeper Gyarados: alright, the mesprit thing is getting kinda old. by the way, all of the gyarados can get revenge killed by scarfgar's tbolt
Tyranitar:
---Initial switchin: Milotic or Bronzong. Since Lucario comes in on either STAB Tyranitar doesn't pose too much of a threat most of the time. Every Pokemon on my team can hit Tyranitar for Super Effective damage.
---BOAH: vappy can take non-tbolt ones, but tbolt ones are kinda mean. jirachi can break his sub and I can absorb non-dark pulse with 'gar. dark pulse/tbolt/focus punch/sub versions get owned by 'mence
---DDTar: this thing sucks. 'gar can revenge kill it, I guess, and I could u-turn jirachi to him as long as he doesn't have eq. gar can switch on eq, by the way
---Choiced Tyranitar: 'rachi can kinda take the crunches and wish+uturn away
---Gengar can revenge kill all versions of ttar barring substitute

Lucario:
---Initial Switchin: Gengar can come in on sd versions as they dance. then I switch to vappy to scout for bullet punch. if he uses it, then I go to 'mence to hit him hard, and take away half his boost.
---SDLuke: if he doesn't pack bullet punch, gar can switch in on espeed or cc to kill. if he packs bullet punch, mence usually beats him
---SpecsLuke: gengar can come in on vacuum wave or aura sphere and focus blast
---Agili/MixLuke: vappy doesn't take much and surfs back at the blighter
Heatran:
---Initial Switchin: vappy can come in on fire blast and surf back.
---SpecsTran: Vaporeon takes on all non HP Electric/HP Grass moves. If one uses hp grass, 'mence will punish him. hp electric can be dealt with (kinda) by jirachi, who sets up
---Life Orb Heatran:this thing sucks. gengar can come in on taunt. otherwise, pretty much the same as specstran
---ScarfTran/ResTalk Tran: vappy can do fine, passing a sub to ursaring to do the dirty work on the resttalk version and surfing the scarfer.
Bronzong:
---Initial Switchin: once someone is asleep or I come in on gyro ball or stealth rock, vappy just subs up and passes it away to someone else
---CMZong: mence can take grass knot, and usually they only pack one attack. psychic versions get walled by jirachi.
---Rain Dance Bronzong: mence can come in, and nobody likes taking boosted hydro pumps
Salamence:
---Initial Switchin: I can scout with vappy, and jirachi can come in on draco meteor to u-turn the switch. mesprit beats physical versions pretty easily
---SpecsMence: well, vappy comes in on half his moves and subs the switch
---MixMence: if it's the beginning of the game, I just meteor that bitch, and most mixmences are leads.
---DDMence: vappy and mesprit can come in with some ease and ice beam, though mesprit is the better choice
---CBMence: mesprit sends this thing to hell
Metagross:
---Initial Switchin: mesprit takes the physical versions pretty well, and vappy can switch in on cb meteor mash pretty well.
---CBGross: vappy.
---ScarfGross: mesprit does fine.
---Life Orb Pure Physical Gross: vappy, jirachi, and mesprit can stall it for life orb damage
---AgiliGross: jirachi hurts the ones without earthquake. gengar outspeeds most and can hurt it. it's cool to come in on explosion with gengar
---MixGross: 'mence can come in on the special moves and threaten to OHKO. meteor mash gets absorbed by vappy, and other physical moves get abosrbed by mesprit

Infernape:
---Initial Switchin: vappy can come in on pretty much everything and surf back.
---SDNape: mesprit can come in and paralyse it and mence can come in okay to kill it
---MixNape: vappy kills him
---ScarfNape: cake for vappy

---------------------------------------------

Weavile: jirachi can come in to u-turn to whatever, or possibly kill him

Swampert: this guy doesn't enjoy draco meteor from mence, but then I have to switch back out. jirachi and mence can play around with him if I predict well
Skarmory: mence can come in on just about everything and kill it
Gliscor: vappy comes in and then subs on the switch
Starmie: gar can spin block and kill it. jirachi can take the time to body slam and wish
Celebi: mence can take anything physical and come in on grass knot. this thing doesn't enjoy fire blasts
Forretress: mence does just fine.

Cresselia: charge+ice beam tanks can be annoying, but generally vappy can sub on it. ursaring can absorb status and then I can switch to someone else to put on the hurt. it's worn down, I guess.
Togekiss: it doesn't enjoy repeated ice beams from vappy or mesprit. mence can come in on hustle versions just fine. np guys usually pack lots of speed, so gar can kill it.
---------------------------------------------

Heracross:
---Initial Switchin: mence can come in on his stabs (intimidate) and kill it
---CBCross:I can come in on his stabs with mence. 'dark move' doesn't do much to mence either. gar can revenge kill it.
---ScarfCross: just about the same as cbcross, but he gets two hits in that are both weaker. I wouldn't mind paralysing this with someone and then hitting it hard, as then it is essentially a super-slow cb cross
---Setup Cross: this thing is annoying, but if I can get it paralised (most use swarm) then I can kill him okay.
Jirachi:mence can come in on anything not named icy wind or ice punch, and neither are used much.
Breloom: ursaring comes on the spore and then mence comes in on the focus punch or sub.
Vaporeon: gar can tbolt most physical versions. mesprit wears down non-wish variants.
Electivire: gar comes in on cc and eq to kill. tpunch can be annoying, but if I intimidate him and then switch mence away, he doesn't pose much of a threat. mesprit can wear him down.
Hippowdon:leads get killed. otherwise, vappy can pose an immediate threat
Azelf: gengar can come in on a nasty plot or grass knot. otherwise, I guess mesprit can paralyse him and then anyone can kill the fragile bastard.

Snorlax: this thing can be annoying, but vappy can subpass to ursaring who can set up on it
Mamoswine: mesprit does fine and ice beams the blighter.
Scizor: mence can come in on x-scissor and pose a threat. otherwise, jirachi can paralyse him and then set up wish
Porygon-z: jirachi resists his stab and ice beam and takes nothing from him for SE. mence can pose an immediate threat as long as he doesn't switch into an ice beam.
Magnezone: if he comes in on jirachi, I u-turn out. this thing doesn't pose a threat and I just wear it down.
Yanmega: ursaring comes in on status and then vappy comes in to ice beam its weaker special side. I lol at paralysed ones.
Zapdos: he takes a lot from mence and then jirachi can paralyse him and u-turn away
Suicune: annoying, but I guess that vappy can come in on the resstalk ones that only carry surf, and he can subpass to ursaring against ice beaming ones.
Machamp: vappy can take some hits, but the confusion is pretty mean everywhere on the team. Then again, any team without Slowbro will have this problem.

Ninjask: if he's leading, mence kills him with, well, anything. as he subs down, I hurt him and he can't get anything but speed passed, which is pointless once the enemy is paralysed.

Gallade: gengar comes in on cc to kill it. otherwise, mesprit paralyses the ones not carrying night slash. those not carrying ice punch get owned by mence.

Mismagius: gengar can come in on cm or hp fighting as long as he doesn't have a sub up. this thing is annoying.
Kingdra: vappy can handle it.

Abomasnow: mence eats leads, which is the only reason to play obama
Umbreon: Celebi and Lucario should beat all versions.

Alakazam: vappy can hurt him while not taking much back, provided he goes grass knot over energy ball. otherwise, gengar can revenge kill and just about everything can kill a paralysed one.

Charizard: gengar can kill a fully set up bellyzard. otherwise, vappy.
Aerodactyl: mesprit kills it fine (I'm not switching, so pursuit should do paltry damage. otherwise, vappy
Raikou: annoying. this thing once set up kills me. when it's not set up, I just have to hit it really hard. hp grass gets owned by mence, and jirachi can throw up light screen to try to help. if he gets paralysed (which means he doesn't have a sub up) then mence can take him if I can get him in. this guy is annoying.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Copy and paste is amazing. Why work when others can work for you? Anyways, that's the threat list, and the team does kinda have some holes in it. as of now, mesprit is the one I can replace the best, but I need a twaver in his place. I'd like suggestions on this. If I do replace mesprit, vappy is staying physically defensive. if I don't, I'd like someone to help me with a special defensive spread, as I suck with ev's. so that's the team...

Rate/Hate/Fix away!

epitome of RMT formatting. easy to read blah blah blah, obviously wouldve taken a while but it makes it very easy on the eyes, so kudos on the effort

random things:
-for machamp in threat list you say vappy can take some hits. confused me since you have mence and gengar on your team who are better switch ins.
-the 'beast' in 'smoky the beast' is only half italicized. (im not sure if im joking in pointing this out, it just kind of spoils the perfection)

overall with the team, i like the strategy; its an old one but a good one. only thing is i think there needs to be greater thought into you thunderwavers/paralysers. ie you point out there are all these revenge killers like infernape that can outspeed the bear, but the crtical element here is that these pokemon are not going to be sticking around on your pokemon to get paralysed. eg the infernape in question wont switch/stay in to get its ass ripped by mesprit

the scarf users in question will be the ones opponents will take the most care of

they're looking for obscure times to pop out on a free switch or something to cause some hurt. this is compounded on the fact you have 1 poke using thunderwave, and 1 using a 30% body slam meaning if your opponent is semi-smart, they'll be switching in the same poke to mespirit each time, who wont really mind the paralysis anyway.

this can result in only one poke of theirs paralysed. jirachi would spread it further but i dont think enough still. look at key fast pokes you want to lame, and think what/when they're switching in, and have a poke use thunderwave there. look for when the scarfers are most commonly coming in. its this logic and process that will spread paralysis best, not simply putting thunderwave on a support poke.

and sure, as youve shown in the threat list, the team seems to function fine without everyone on the opponents team paralysed. but the point of the team is to have ursaring ultimately sweep as much as possible, and i think that should be your first focus area to tweak around, not covering all the threats. we all get a lot more pleasure from having a team's purpose work just like it should, opposed to winning in 60+ turns from random stall from practically 6 random ad hoc OU pokes.

hmm but in general, i find that pokes that spread paralysis the best are the offensive types, who when they used unexpected moves/predict well, will cause more switching and more exposure of the opponents team to paralyse.

i like the use of vappy passing big subs. again, old but gold. the team has lots of potential i think, and whilst it could be moderately successful now, would need some tweaking/changing to really achieve that eternal glory.

cool formatting + explanations again

Can't fully rate right now, but one quick thing to change is the Toxic Orb on Ursaring. Change it to Burn Orb--same effect, no increasing damage per turn. I'm not sure if it will lower your attack with Quick Feet, and I know it won't with Guts. Confirmation on this would be welcome

Can't fully rate right now, but one quick thing to change is the Toxic Orb on Ursaring. Change it to Burn Orb--same effect, no increasing damage per turn. I'm not sure if it will lower your attack with Quick Feet, and I know it won't with Guts. Confirmation on this would be welcome
Attack is still lowered by a burn with quick feet :(

So I read the opening paragraph. Took a look at the picture of the team to know what's on it. Read the nicknames, sometimes they entertain me.

The issue here is, everything on the team sans Ursaring itself, is inviting Blissey to come in on it. What good is the whole paralyzing support thing if the same Natural Curer keeps on coming in and in and in and in and in and in and in and in and it's so frustrating that I just realized I typed all that out instead of copy+pasting.

Anyhoo, there's two things to fix this. You could always Dugtrio, which could also help the annoying Heatran thing and it's annoying burning Lava Plumes as well as Heracross maybe. But that's kind of bring and you'd have to remove something important...so our next thing we could try is:

Revamp the whole team! Yes, I just said replacing one Poke is troublesome yet I want to revamp the whole thing. Why not? Shouldn't you be attempting to cover everything else in the process? Off the bat I'd keep Salamence, keep the Jirachi, replace Vaporeon with a Thunder Wave Gyarados, maybe slap a Celebi in there too, Leech Seed+Thunder Wave will help the shit out of everything.

So if you did a Salamence/Jirachi/Vaporeon/Gyarados/Celebi/Ursaring core, do we see any major weaknesses here? We have 2 Intimidates, help for the whole phsyical thing with 2 Wishers to pass between everything and insurance with Celebi to take whatever else. Shit, if your opponent is still around after you're randomly afflicting paralysisisisis, then that's when you bring in the Ursaring for fun.

Well, your original team had a shitass Gengar weakness, and the revamped one didn't help that matter as much so I'm going to say you should probably ditch the whole U-Turn thing on Jirachi and go along with like: Zen Headbutt, Body Slam, Wish and Stealth Rock. You can get a little paraflinch annoyance thing going on, and I'd probably make it a more special defensive spread rather than the usual defensive one.

Or you could have just made a BP team and have Ursaring as the finisher but w/e

You do not have Spiritomb as a threat and it could be very damaging to this team. Wish-passing Blissey might help with Raikou problems but it would probably throw off the synergy of the this team. For Jirachi go with Light Screen in the last slot to help support Smoky the Beast.

p.s. I always look forward to rating Stathakis teams because it always is easy to read and entertaining.

Janenmori has the best sig EVER!

I instantly thought this team looked fucking sick. Then I thought how it would compare to the stall team I use, and I didn't think it was all that anymore.

Spritomb and Missy both walk all over this pretty hardcore. So get something that can Roar/Whirlwind on your side.

I'm very confused as to why you made Gengar Timid. Most scarfers only pack 406 speed, yours packs over 500. Make it Modest at least, and give it 64 more hp Ev's.

Use light screen on Jirachi, this team can't take special hits for shit...ex for one poke.

One thing I really like about this team is its element of surprise. Solid team.

Well, it seemed you didn't include the Hypnosis Scarf Gengar variance as an annoying threat to your list, or actually any other sleeps for that matter.

I'm guessing you'd prefer sticking with the regular rule and go RSG style afterward. I know you mentioned having Ursaring taking the status, but if that sleep lasts more than 2 turns it could give you a disadvantage.

I instantly thought this team looked fucking sick. Then I thought how it would compare to the stall team I use, and I didn't think it was all that anymore.

Spritomb and Missy both walk all over this pretty hardcore. So get something that can Roar/Whirlwind on your side.

I'm very confused as to why you made Gengar Timid. Most scarfers only pack 406 speed, yours packs over 500. Make it Modest at least, and give it 64 more hp Ev's.

Use light screen on Jirachi, this team can't take special hits for shit...ex for one poke.

Timid allows you to not be 100% screwed over if Gyara or some similar pokemon gets +2 speed. It also allows you to beat other insanely fast pokemon that cannot be outsped by modest scarfgar.

Plus it allows you to beat other scarf gars that use Modest since speed ties suck.

As for the EV's... I am not 100% sure, but most TimidScarfGars do not run max speed... so his can easily outspeed other timid gars which is a lot more useful than you might think.

morning storm said:
epitome of RMT formatting. easy to read blah blah blah, obviously wouldve taken a while but it makes it very easy on the eyes, so kudos on the effort

thanks

random things:
-for machamp in threat list you say vappy can take some hits. confused me since you have mence and gengar on your team who are better switch ins.

look at the time I posted the team. you're obviously right here.

-the 'beast' in 'smoky the beast' is only half italicized. (im not sure if im joking in pointing this out, it just kind of spoils the perfection)

lol oopsie...

overall with the team, i like the strategy; its an old one but a good one. only thing is i think there needs to be greater thought into you thunderwavers/paralysers. ie you point out there are all these revenge killers like infernape that can outspeed the bear, but the crtical element here is that these pokemon are not going to be sticking around on your pokemon to get paralysed. eg the infernape in question wont switch/stay in to get its ass ripped by mesprit

mesprit does a crap job of spreading para. bleh.

the scarf users in question will be the ones opponents will take the most care of

suppose so.

they're looking for obscure times to pop out on a free switch or something to cause some hurt. this is compounded on the fact you have 1 poke using thunderwave, and 1 using a 30% body slam meaning if your opponent is semi-smart, they'll be switching in the same poke to mespirit each time, who wont really mind the paralysis anyway.

well, actually it's 60%, but the point is the same. I like jirachi as he can u-turn away as they switch out. 'rachi does his job better than 'sprit.

this can result in only one poke of theirs paralysed. jirachi would spread it further but i dont think enough still. look at key fast pokes you want to lame, and think what/when they're switching in, and have a poke use thunderwave there. look for when the scarfers are most commonly coming in. its this logic and process that will spread paralysis best, not simply putting thunderwave on a support poke.

bleh. this is my first wave spreading team. I'm kinda new to this.

and sure, as youve shown in the threat list, the team seems to function fine without everyone on the opponents team paralysed. but the point of the team is to have ursaring ultimately sweep as much as possible, and i think that should be your first focus area to tweak around, not covering all the threats. we all get a lot more pleasure from having a team's purpose work just like it should, opposed to winning in 60+ turns from random stall from practically 6 random ad hoc OU pokes.

the idea was to function fine without para everywhere. I just sorta like having a fail-safe, cause just about my whole life it feels like everything's been going wrong, and I like having 'backup'

hmm but in general, i find that pokes that spread paralysis the best are the offensive types, who when they used unexpected moves/predict well, will cause more switching and more exposure of the opponents team to paralyse.

this is definately true, my eyes were tight shut before I posted the team...

i like the use of vappy passing big subs. again, old but gold. the team has lots of potential i think, and whilst it could be moderately successful now, would need some tweaking/changing to really achieve that eternal glory.

well, actually, I suggested subpass vappy on another guy's team, and it helped him bundles, and I thought I might try it myself.

cool formatting + explanations again

lol, the team format is from beachboy, and the threat list format is from earthworm. alas, I am not original ):
Dormin said:

burn orb does lower your attack with quick feet, unfortunately
Evil Hamster said:
(qoute in his post starts here)
Originally Posted by Fat Dormin
Can't fully rate right now, but one quick thing to change is the Toxic Orb on Ursaring. Change it to Burn Orb--same effect, no increasing damage per turn. I'm not sure if it will lower your attack with Quick Feet, and I know it won't with Guts. Confirmation on this would be welcome (quote in his post ends here)

Attack is still lowered by a burn with quick feet :(

thanks for clearing it up
MoP said:
So I read the opening paragraph. Took a look at the picture of the team to know what's on it. Read the nicknames, sometimes they entertain me.

well, at least you liked part of it ):

The issue here is, everything on the team sans Ursaring itself, is inviting Blissey to come in on it. What good is the whole paralyzing support thing if the same Natural Curer keeps on coming in and in and in and in and in and in and in and in and it's so frustrating that I just realized I typed all that out instead of copy+pasting.

heh, the thing is that jirachi can u-turn out so someone else when that damned natural curer comes in. so when blissey comes in, I can u-turn to 'ring to absorb the twave (poisoned already) or to vappy to take the stoss and set up a sub, I guess. shame gengar can't do crap to bliss, else I'd send him in.

Anyhoo, there's two things to fix this. You could always Dugtrio, which could also help the annoying Heatran thing and it's annoying burning Lava Plumes as well as Heracross maybe. But that's kind of bring and you'd have to remove something important...so our next thing we could try is:

now, duggy would be nice, but as you said, who would I replace?

Revamp the whole team! Yes, I just said replacing one Poke is troublesome yet I want to revamp the whole thing. Why not? Shouldn't you be attempting to cover everything else in the process? Off the bat I'd keep Salamence, keep the Jirachi, replace Vaporeon with a Thunder Wave Gyarados, maybe slap a Celebi in there too, Leech Seed+Thunder Wave will help the shit out of everything.

damn, this is kinda where your experience shows its superiority over mine. I didn't even think of gyara. he'd be a very good twaver, being all offensive and crap. I've never seen a ground type switch into gyara before.

So if you did a Salamence/Jirachi/Vaporeon/Gyarados/Celebi/Ursaring core, do we see any major weaknesses here? We have 2 Intimidates, help for the whole phsyical thing with 2 Wishers to pass between everything and insurance with Celebi to take whatever else. Shit, if your opponent is still around after you're randomly afflicting paralysisisisis, then that's when you bring in the Ursaring for fun.

you are a motherfucker, taking my team and completely revamping it to actually make something that works. but damn, I can't revamp everything based on what you said. It's like stealing a team from you ):

Well, your original team had a shitass Gengar weakness, and the revamped one didn't help that matter as much so I'm going to say you should probably ditch the whole U-Turn thing on Jirachi and go along with like: Zen Headbutt, Body Slam, Wish and Stealth Rock. You can get a little paraflinch annoyance thing going on, and I'd probably make it a more special defensive spread rather than the usual defensive one.

gengar is a bitch, but good prediction should be able to take him (her?) down.

Or you could have just made a BP team and have Ursaring as the finisher but w/e

I can think of a few better things to bp to than ursaring...
my teams never seem to please you =[[[[[

Janenmori said:
You do not have Spiritomb as a threat and it could be very damaging to this team. Wish-passing Blissey might help with Raikou problems but it would probably throw off the synergy of the this team. For Jirachi go with Light Screen in the last slot to help support Smoky the Beast.

light screen is a good idea at this point as the team is rather defensive on the physical side. spiritomb is a piece of shit that can just go die in a fire (like that bitch mismagious). I guess that all I can really do is just try to batter it as much as I can. I do have sort of a ghost/dark attacks hole in the team.

p.s. I always look forward to rating Stathakis teams because it always is easy to read and entertaining.

thanks (:
Ambitions said:

nah, this actually is just about one of my worst teams, but I got the best replies to it. ironic, eh?

yeah, ghosts are a bitch. I just sort of have to hit them hard with mence and 'ring before they hurt me too bad.

timid scarfgar has saved my ass a lot. I've considered modest, and will prob'ly look into what 2HKO's and 3HKO's it bumps up. What exactly do the 64 hp ev's do?

that's definately true, unfortunately. vappy can take them okay, but light screen looks like a good move.

well, I've always liked ursaring, so one day I said "hell, I'll put that on a team and see how it works"

sakae said:
Well, it seemed you didn't include the Hypnosis Scarf Gengar variance as an annoying threat to your list, or actually any other sleeps for that matter.

scarfgar hypnosis gives ursaring a free turn to set up, which can potentially turn the tide of the battle.

I'm guessing you'd prefer sticking with the regular rule and go RSG style afterward. I know you mentioned having Ursaring taking the status, but if that sleep lasts more than 2 turns it could give you a disadvantage.

I don't know what RSG means, but I'll pretend I do. Ursaring is a good switch to status, especially scarf hypnosises. the quick feet variant can actually pose an immediate threat to a lot of frail, moderately fast pokemon.
Kira said:
(quote in his post starts here)
Originally Posted by Fat Ambitions

I instantly thought this team looked fucking sick. Then I thought how it would compare to the stall team I use, and I didn't think it was all that anymore. (quote in his post ends here)

Timid allows you to not be 100% screwed over if Gyara or some similar pokemon gets +2 speed. It also allows you to beat other insanely fast pokemon that cannot be outsped by modest scarfgar.

that's right. I'm fucking paranoid of gyara after using a team based around him. my gyara team actually saw quite a bit of success lol.

Plus it allows you to beat other scarf gars that use Modest since speed ties suck.

speed ties are truly gay, and modest doesn't really help too much since most pokes are going to be moderately weakened anyways.

As for the EV's... I am not 100% sure, but most TimidScarfGars do not run max speed... so his can easily outspeed other timid gars which is a lot more useful than you might think.

that's right. I like having the fastest gar out there, it helps to outspeed randomly and stuff. also, I outspeed gayfuck deoxys-s
thanks for clearing that up.

anyways, this was a team I randomly threw together, but ironically, it got the most and best replies out of all the teams I've posted. lol. I'm probably going to revamp this a lot as I put more and more thought into it and whenever I get the chance to test it. It'll probably look similar to what MoP posted. but I'll make the changes as I find the time to think thoroughly about them.

he does. you know, i have to agree. now i feel lame with just some lyrics from a dragonforce song. damn.
anyway, on to unspamming this post.

you could probably take a lot of ev's off of ursaring, since once hes burned, he will reach 458 speed (and i doubt youll meet anyother jolly max speed QF ursarings anytime soon). the next closest non uber pokemon is electrode at 416 max, unless you count the the ninjask sets with max speed (choice band, (lol) and the swords dance sweeper) yes, i did check the analysis since i dont have every set memorized. that being said, you could probably drop 128 speed evs to outspeed electrode maxd electrodes, or only 96 to outspeed the normal ninjasks before a boost, which is pretty unlikely since youd have to switch in at the same time.

unless those evs were to outspeed stuff before the QF boost in which case disregar the blissey (fatass ugly wall) of text above.

other than that, this team is quite solid, and if i wasnt as tired as holy living fuck, id base a team around an ursaring.

he does. you know, i have to agree. now i feel lame with just some lyrics from a dragonforce song. damn.
anyway, on to unspamming this post.

you could probably take a lot of ev's off of ursaring, since once hes burned, he will reach 458 speed (and i doubt youll meet anyother jolly max speed QF ursarings anytime soon). the next closest non uber pokemon is electrode at 416 max, unless you count the the ninjask sets with max speed (choice band, (lol) and the swords dance sweeper) yes, i did check the analysis since i dont have every set memorized. that being said, you could probably drop 128 speed evs to outspeed electrode maxd electrodes, or only 96 to outspeed the normal ninjasks before a boost, which is pretty unlikely since youd have to switch in at the same time.

unless those evs were to outspeed stuff before the QF boost in which case disregar the blissey (fatass ugly wall) of text above.

other than that, this team is quite solid, and if i wasnt as tired as holy living fuck, id base a team around an ursaring.
well, you know, the problem is that well, quick feet doesn't double your speed. you know? it only multiplies it by 1.5, you know, so that it's not insanely fucking broken and uber and shit? I know, it's a bummer.

Uh...you do realize Quick Feet only raises 1 level and not double, right? Meaning that if he does max Speed+Jolly, after the status, he's only at 343.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cool team. The things I dont like MoP has already pointed out. Your whole team is walled by Blissey except Ursaring, and Life Orb Gengar can hurt a lot, as it OHKO's 4 pokemon and 2HKO's Vaporeon. Jirachi is your best switch against it, so possibly try a more special defensive EV spread with Zen Headbutt. Mesprit is a great Stealth Rocker anyways.

There's a possibility I'll add more later, but I'm very tired and heading off to bed.

Why not makeGengar Modest, it has a Scarf anyways. Grass Knot may also be an option on mespirit as Vap. has Ice Beam, and no other pokemon u have is going to use a Grass Attack. (unless u put Energy Ball on Gengar over T-bolt since Mespirit has T-bolt).

Why not makeGengar Modest, it has a Scarf anyways.
I've already said I'm considering it. but right now, the insurance against gayrados and deoxys-s is more apealling

edit: at this point mesprit is prob'ly going to be replaced because, awesome as it is, it doesn't really fit onto the team.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why not makeGengar Modest, it has a Scarf anyways.
Timid outruns random pokemon that get +2 speed on him, like Dragon Dance Gyarados, Tyranitar and Salamence. I prefer Modest as well myself, but that's the reason Timid is used.

Uh...you do realize Quick Feet only raises 1 level and not double, right? Meaning that if he does max Speed+Jolly, after the status, he's only at 343.
arghh. stupid fucking serebii. thats not the first time ive relied on them and been wrong. okay, then yes, max speed on ursaring.

Try Granbull for Quick Feet. It has higher speed if I remember correctly.

Or try Aerodactyl with Life orb. Faster, takes less damage per turn, can Roost, and LOrb makes up for its Lesser attack.

yeah, but dactyl can't swords dance and then mash everything with 210 power facades, now can it. also, it doesn't have the "fuck, you just got swept by a fucking bear" factor.

I want to fight this team.

personally, mirror coat milotic could be a bit gay, if someone runs it into status you can't dent it too much, and mirror coat can retard your walls, allowing a fast skarf sweeper to eat you, obviously, Gengar could partially prevent this.

counter blissey may be a problem, if it survives what ursaring throws at it, counter will destroy you.

but i'm just a noob, so i'm probably offering dumb advice =(

At the moment, Starmie seems to be a problem, amongst other things. It's still fast enough to outspeed your Ursaring after a Quick Feet boost, and Natural Cure means it can shrug off para easily. It definitely won't 'sweep you', but as soon as it turns up, setting Ursating up is going to become very difficult.

Fitting something in with Pursuit would help that a lot. I'd personally try a Snorlax; Body Slam's 30% para chance fits in well with the rest of the team, helps against the likes of Gengar and Mismagius, and kills off Starmie for good. Then again, got no idea where you'd fit it :s

And I don't know how you worked out your Agilipassing stats :p Jolly, Max speed Ursaring hits 229. 229*2 => 458. Infernape tops out at 346. Am I missing something? :p

Read most of your "RMT" and a few comments from the members. Just thought I'd say that I like the style of your team. Makes me wanna learn D/P metagame, so thanks for that. At the momemt I hardly know the typing of the new pokemon =/.

@Poison Orb =o Good to see that gamefreak finally made an item like that.

Erm, send me a battle log when you have time please. Preferably one where your opponent gives you a decent battle (not a 6-0 =P).

And I don't know how you worked out your Agilipassing stats :p Jolly, Max speed Ursaring hits 229. 229*2 => 458. Infernape tops out at 346. Am I missing something? :p
I'm not sure, but I think someone already said its *1.5?

Read most of your "RMT" and a few comments from the members. Just thought I'd say that I like the style of your team. Makes me wanna learn D/P metagame, so thanks for that. At the momemt I hardly know the typing of the new pokemon =/.

@Poison Orb =o Good to see that gamefreak finally made an item like that.

Erm, send me a battle log when you have time please. Preferably one where your opponent gives you a decent battle (not a 6-0 =P).

I'm not sure, but I think someone already said its *1.5?
Quick feet multiplies by 1.5. If you pass an Agility, Ursaring will be on 2* speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)