Other Online battle spot ratings double trick room team. Deadly Aroma 2.0.

Here is the original team.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-room-team-deadly-aroma.3502558/#post-5335567

Anyways here's the new team(All IVS are 31 for HO, both defenses and any relevant attacking stats. 0 IVs for speed expect on Salamence.

Relaxed Aromatisse @Leftovers/Babiri berry.
Aroma veil
252HP 128DEF 128 SP DEF

Trick Room
Protect
Moonblast/Aromatherapy/light screen
Heal Pulse

The best thing to happen to trick room since...well trick room. Good bulk and immunity to taunt and encore are very valuable for a trick room/support pokemon. The immunity also being for its teamate is icing on the cake. Heal pulse is extremely useful and keeps my sweepers sweeping. Protect is mostly for fake out and obvious bullet punches. Moonblast is so can do a bit of damage. The 30% chance of lowering special attack has bailed me out a few times. I might try out light screen or aromatherapy because she doesn't need to worry about being taunt bait.

Modest Salamence @ Choice specs.
Intimidate
252 SP ATK 252 SPE 6 SP DEF

Overheat
Draco meteor
Hydro Pump
Dragon Pulse

Mainly used to smash several key threats to my team preferably before trick room goes up as a lead and provide intimidate support though I can also use him as a late game sweeper if trick room goes down. I use overheat even though Fire blast would always OHKO both standard Mega Mawhile and standard Scizor(even with coba berry) but I want overheat because it has slightly better accuracy and better chance of Koing more bulky builds on the off chance I see one. Hydro pump wrecks Chandeulre who is dreaded by all trick room teams thanks to imprison. Dragon pulse is for a more reliable and consistent attack when overwhelming power is not needed.

Brave Mawhile @ Mawhilite
Intimidate/Huge Power
252 HP 252 ATK 4 SP DEF

Protect
Play rough
Iron Head
Sucker Punch

Provides intimidate Support and is my main sweeper. Sucker punch is for priority outside of trick room. Iron head and play rough are my enemy smashing moves and have useful secondary effects. Protect lets it safely wait for trick room to be set up, and avoid the fire attacks it so dreads. Will-O-Wisp and Thunder wave give him fits unfortunately.

Quiet Slowbro @ Weakness Policy
Oblivious
252 HP 252 special attack
Trick room
Scald
Psyshock
Heal pulse

My second trick room setter who can also deal damage reasonably well. Like aromatisse he gives the finger to taunt user. He won't even notice the taunt until well after he boils you to death with the ever useful scald. Psyshock is chose because it lets him deal more damage to Amoongus and any special walls or assault vest users. Because of his bulk he will likely survive even sokemsuper effective hits at full health so weakness policy is there to punish those who target his weakness. Heal pulse is again for healing allies. I might ditch it for another offensive move though. All in all he is a trick room setter immune to taunt like aromatisse but he plays a more offensive role then aromatisse does.

Brave Machamp @ Assault best
No guard
252 HP 252 ATK 6 DEF

DynamicPunch
Stone Edge
Knock Off
Ice Punch

Machamp gives no f***s about his low accuracy or your Brightpowder or your sand veil. He is going to hit you anyways. All four middle fingers are flashed before your eyes when suddenly DYNAMIC PUNCH! Massive damage and confusion! Stone edge is for putting that uppity mega Charizard Y in his proper place. A trophy on Machamp's mantle and a nice candle for those romantic dates with his movie star girlfriend Gardevior. Don't even think bout taking out yo piece when fighting cuz Machamp is just gonna KNOCK OFF. Ice punch is for casually slaying Garchomp and other pesky dragons. Machamp is a refined bodybuilder however and wears a nice vest while shattering your bones. Machamp doesn't even know about the 50% special defense bonus however because he was too manly to bother reading the instructions.

Hide yo Tyranitar hide yo Bisharp. They dynamic punching everybody out here.

Brave Treavant @ Sitrus Berry
252 HP 252 SP DEF 6 ATK

Trick Room
Will-O-Wisp
Horn Leech
Destiny bond

Little known fact. Pepsi Co gets the Citrus for MTN dew by farming Sitrus Berries with an forest of treavanent. They also use the bitter delicious tears of those defeaten by Treavant as an ingredient. Anyways he is my third setter and so quite annoyng to kill. Harvest keeps the Berries coming and will-o-wisp and horn leech make him even more stally. Destiny bond is for when a I see the end is nigh and feel I might as well take someone down with him.

Conclusion.

All in all I feel this is a solid team that adresses some of the flaws of my original team. Some threats still exist such as Bisharp but deadweight like Eelektross is gone and I shouldn't struggle with Mega Mawhile or Scizor anymore.

Last edited:
Hiya Pikachupwnage !

One little thing I should note is that you can only use 508 EVs. Basically, change all your 6's such as "6 Atk" to 4 and you should be fine.

Also another thing I have noticed is an important Talonflame weakness. Trevenant and Machamp are easily OHKO'd by Priority Brave Bird, as well as Mawile to a Flare Blitz.
Brave Bird is also neutral against the rest of your Pokemon, and will definitely pack a punch. Talonflame also has a resistance against Aromatisses only attacking move. \

My suggestion is replacing Machamp with a Tyranitar. It takes care of flying and fire types with ease, while also extremely diverse. With nice stats, and a large movepool, it will suit your team quite well.
Tyranitar @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Def / 24 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
Rocky helmet adds even more overall bulk. With 200 HP and slight investments in defenses, it will synergize well with Salamence or Slowbro. Crunch and Stone Edge for stab, and Ice Punch for great coverage.

I hope I was able to help, and I wish you luck in Battle Spot!

Last edited:
Why would I use rocks in a 4 vs 4 double battle? Doesn't seem like it would be worth the moveslot in most matches. Aside from that it seems like a reasonable suggestion and I shall consider it. Aroma and bro won't like the sand though.

I was also considering the viability of rocks in Battle Spot. If you're looking for replacement of rocks, try Superpower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)