Media One Piece (spoilers!)

His power can't protect him from opposing hits with Haki, and this is why he would need it. A strong Haki user could still fuck up BB, defending against its blows with CoA, and getting past through his Gravity defense with the same kind of Haki. Also the Yami Yami DF doesn't allow BB to predict the opponent's moves, something very important in high level battles.
Yes exactly. All the stuff you said are the equalizer between BB and Luffy. Remember BB has insane(on par with Akainu) endurance and strenght. All that with the strongest offensive DF in the series in the Gura Gura. As WB showed no amount of Haki armor will be able to tank a point blank Gura punch. And all of the opponents speed is worthless against the Yamis gravity pull. So when you think about it a Haki master Luffy CAN defeat Yami/Gura BB without the need for another DF. And BB with Haki would be way too overpowered. It makes the extra damage given by the Yami pointless. BB also doesn't need Eye haki as all his opponents will come to him. Plus he is the type of character that would never even use Eye haki to avoid attacks. As he has never been shown to do so.

And it's obvious he has a very deep knowledge of haki. Which is why he was after tha Yami. And how he can see the strength in others.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yes exactly. All the stuff you said are the equalizer between BB and Luffy. Remember BB has insane(on par with Akainu) endurance and strenght. All that with the strongest offensive DF in the series in the Gura Gura. As WB showed no amount of Haki armor will be able to tank a point blank Gura punch. And all of the opponents speed is worthless against the Yamis gravity pull. So when you think about it a Haki master Luffy CAN defeat Yami/Gura BB without the need for another DF. And BB with Haki would be way too overpowered. It makes the extra damage given by the Yami pointless. BB also doesn't need Eye haki as all his opponents will come to him. Plus he is the type of character that would never even use Eye haki to avoid attacks. As he has never been shown to do so.

And it's obvious he has a very deep knowledge of haki. Which is why he was after tha Yami. And how he can see the strength in others.
Many characters didn't have Haki up to a certain point, so BB not using CoO yet doesn't necessarily mean he won't have it. Also we don't know how Haki interacts with BB's DF so its pointless to try and argue about it. If Haki can protect Smoker or Vergo from Law's DF (without taking Law's Haki into consideration), then i don't see why a strong Haki user couldn't negate the pulling effect of BB's DF. And Haki wouldn't make BB overpowered enough for him to be invincible, as Luffy could still beat him with better Haki and combat abilities.

What's the point of BB having the Yami Yami DF if he has Haki you ask? Well first, BB's DF negates the opponents DF regardless of their Haki, while a weaker Haki can't get past the Logia defense of a stronger Haki user. Also, without the darnkess DF, BB wouldn't be able to get WB's DF. Finally, without the darnkess fruit, BB wouldn't be able to establsh himself as such a huge threat as he did when he took down Ace, and he would need much more time to train his Haki and get strong enough to beat Ace. Essentially the DF that BB ate gave him a much needed power boost in order for him to start achieving his goals and get into the NW faster, and make himself a global threat by capturing Ace and killing WB.

After all, Haki is the manifestation of willpower, and BB has great willpower, so i don't see him not having it.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Soooo-- Jellicent recently posted his Karaoke thread about singing about Booze.

I'm just throwing out a feeler if people would be interested in doing a group sing for Binks' Sake.

I don't know how comfortable people are with Japanese-- but hell, the song's meant to be drunk and silly, and karaoke is funnest when you don't give a crap how good your singing is.

For those interested:

1. Sing along to this: http://www.4shared.com/get/iagY3j3u/Binks_no_Sake_-_Version_Karaok.html <-- Karaoke version of the song

2. Send to me as an MP3 or AIFF at meiwaku.dake@gmail.com

3. Lyrics can be found here: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Binks%27_Sake Use the VIZ English Lyrics

Then I'll compile it into one file and post. The more people jump in, the more epic fandom we can express

rumbar pirates: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dHBBbZ-wXs

For those who need to hear it again to refresh

edit: Or maybe we should sing the English VIZ version???

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
^dude, you crying half-way through it would make it that much more awesome

Anyway, it really doesn't make sense to force everyone to figure out the Japanese, so I'll just make the executive decision to use the VIZ English version. Looking over the lyrics, it looks like a sweet translation/re-write anyway.

tehy

Banned deucer.
I would love to do this if I had any of the equipment or knowledge of how to apply said equipment.

So I guess I'll see if i can even do anything, be cool to though

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Alright, here's what we'll do--

I'm going to sing the Japanese version. If people want to sing the English version, just send it to me, and I'll make a meddley between those who sang English and those who sang Japanese.

If everyone does Japanese, It'll just be Japanese.

Yano someone made a far better english version than the Viz one I'll hide it below

Yo-hohoho Yo-hohoho x4
We'll deliver bink's sake let the sea breeze lead the way
On the waves all of our days across the salty sea
The sun above is floating high painting circles in the sky
Sea gulls sing and brass bells ring along our floating home

Wave goodbye to those you know Head into the suns warm glow
Singing loud and singing proud we sail unto the night
Waves of gold and silver splash across the hull and mizzen mast
We float on all with a song to the ends of the sea

We'll deliver bink's sake A pirates job for pirates pay
Like a stone our boat skips on and slices through the sea
On clouds above we'll rest our head our rocking ship will be our bed
On our flag our skull and daggers show we're to be feared

If the waves dare dance to high, if dark clouds obscure the sky
Beat the drum but never run live for that fateful dance
If in fear you turn away you'll never see the break of day
Just hold out without a doubt the sun will surely rise

Yo-hohoho Yo-hohoho x4

We'll deliver binks sake and find our dreams along the way
Wave goodbye try not to cry we'll never meet again
If the sun shall cease to shine everything will still be fine
In the dark we'll sail our bark by the light of the moon

We'll deliver bink's sake just like any other day
Listen now from aft to prow to to this song of the sea
Everyone meets Davy Jones, someday we will all be bones
Until then we'll sail again and bring bink his sake

Yo-hohoho Yo-hohoho x4

Actually the reason I came on here was for something else, Fujitora means "purple" tiger right? Could the new admiral possibly be Violet? The blind old man is obvious but could also be a red herring, theres no reason for Violet to assume Sanjis strong unless she has the ability like Luffy to judge so (Sanjis wanted poster makes him unrecognizable) this ability is inconsistent with fodder, and while it certainly doesn't merit her being admirable level it would be a very marine-like thing for her to use Sanji to infiltrate and weaken Doflamingos forces in the coliseum since she herself as an admiral can't enter the coliseum. Blind man entered without a problem implying that he's not a marine. (No idea what he's doing there though he certainly can't watch)

That would be EPIC. It would be an awesone surprise. As awesome and as shocking as Big Moms introduction.

Big Mom was never really talked about but Oda gave us enough to see her as a good person. SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE LOLAS MOM AND HELP THE STRAWHATS DAMN IT!!! SHE WAS PROTECTING FISHMAN ISLAND UNSELFISHLY!!! BIG MOM??? MOM?? MOMS ARE CARING BY NATURE!!! WHY??? I was so damn sure she was going to be a good character. But when she ate her crew... Fuck her man. That chapter was one of Odas best surprises. I did not see it coming. I was shocked.

Hopefully violet is an Admiral!! Doubt it though.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is semi relevant, but it looks like OP has been taken off a few major websites, where is everyone reading it?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, Burgess there to win the fruit for BB. Luffy, Burgess, Rebecca and Prince should be the final 4. Will be interesting to see the battles here. Also, Kaidou's subordinate on the cover.... wonder what happened to Drake.

Undefeated or not if Rebecca was rivals with that weakling I don't think she'll win her block the unseen supernova from last year will probably win, I want a prince vs luffy but I don't know how strong he is, if he doesn't have a devil fruit he must be using haki or rokushiki right? Or do only marines know the six skills? I've never seen a pirate other than Sanji and possibly Doflamingo use it. On that note how many of these guys even have powers burgess didn't have one before but if he was unrecognized until the end its inferred he didn't use it maybe luffy really won't use his power this arc, although given how careless he was with his name and the lack of premtive warning from Franky I don't think he'll think it through that far

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
the format will be four dudes will move on and face one of the doflamingo family

jesus vs forgot the last dude
prince vs delinger
luffy vs lao g
rebecca vs senor pink

the format will be four dudes will move on and face one of the doflamingo family

jesus vs forgot the last dude
prince vs delinger
luffy vs lao g
rebecca vs senor pink
most likely...but what about diamante and the other guys?? i think hes the champ or something

The more the manga progresses the more I'm convinced that this arc is about showing Luffy's non DF powers. Burgress would be a fantastic match for that, besides if Lucy did use his Gomu Gomu no powers that wrestler would be dead in 3 seconds, no fun in that.

Also I love Dressrossa women! How the hell is Sanji still alive?1

The more the manga progresses the more I'm convinced that this arc is about showing Luffy's non DF powers. Burgress would be a fantastic match for that, besides if Lucy did use his Gomu Gomu no powers that wrestler would be dead in 3 seconds, no fun in that.

Also I love Dressrossa women! How the hell is Sanji still alive?1
he did survive a giant mermaid shaped nosebleed D: , as for luffy..if he went g2+hardening on that guy :evan:

True lol I think he got tougher from that encounter :P

When and where Luffy's DF powers will come to play will be very interesting, since we know have the third best member of the BB crew, possible admiral with gravity sword (no pun) and the cream of the crop from Mingo's family.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So, Burgess there to win the fruit for BB. Luffy, Burgess, Rebecca and Prince should be the final 4. Will be interesting to see the battles here. Also, Kaidou's subordinate on the cover.... wonder what happened to Drake.
Almost 0% chance Rebecca makes it IMO. Usually the characters not shown are going to do something big. Burgess is in, Luffy is also a lock, Bartolomeo hasn't been shown yet, and unless Prince is in the same block as Luffy or something, Rebecca is going to get stomped on by someone (either Prince/Bartolomeo).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)