One Hyper-Offense Team Here

It's been forever since I've built a team, so I thought I'd build a Hyper Offense team for fun. After testing, this team has a 23/2 Win/Lose ratio. However, I always could use some critiquing, so here it is!

At a Glance:

In-Depth:

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Nature: Naive
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
~Fake Out
~Fire Blast
~Close Combat
~Stealth Rock

An always solid lead, and a great one for an offensive team. Fake Out sashes away, get rocks up against anything except faster taunters, and use its STAB combo to rape things. Often proves very useful late-game, and I rely on it to destroy SkarmBliss and other similar combos.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
~Dragon Dance
~Waterfall
~Stone Edge
~Return

The set up sweeper of the team. Easily comes in with Intimidate, and usually won't have to care about Rocks thanks to Starmie. This set is rather easy to use, DD up once or twice and kill things. Return is chosen over EQ for Water/Normal coverage (so Breloom, amongst others, can't come in and have his way)

Starmie @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 136 HP / 156 Def / 216 Spe
~Rapid Spin
~Surf
~Thunderbolt
~Recover

The reason Gyarados is so effective. Can take many a hit due to the EVs, gets rid of hazards (though no one but Gyarados really cares about them), and can even revenge kill things because....well, it's Starmie. Also my first answer to opposing Gyarados

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Outrage
~Earthquake
~U-turn
~Fire Blast
Standard ScarfGon revenge killer, with a small twist made by myself. Hasty over Jolly so SpA isn't depleted, so I can keep Fire Blast on it. With Gyarados already doing Stone Edge well enough, I feel safer knowing that Flygon can do something to Scizor/Skarm/Forry. U-turn to scout like a beast, EQ/Outrage STABs, as if that needed saying. Quite possibly my favorite member of this team.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 10 Spe
~Meteor Mash
~Earthquake
~Explosion
~Bullet Punch

The only thing on the team that isn't really fast. I have it knowing BP over TPunch to make up for that/good revenge killing. Meteor Mash and EQ are solid and mess things up. Most battles, I end up in some situation in which any ghost is eliminated, so as the opponent tries to out-predict me, I send in Gross and blow shit up. Explosion alone has won me many battles.

Latias @ Choice Specs
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Draco Meteor
~Surf
~Dragon Pulse
~Trick

Kind of tossed Latias on the end here, she's been my favorite legendary since the 5th anime movie, and I've always wanted to try Specs Latias. Pretty standard, Draco Meteor for rape power, Dragon Pulse for stability, Surf for Steels, Trick to ruin silly things

So, this is my most recent team. I adore it, but I feel it hasn't reached perfection yet. Tear it to pieces, and rate away. Thanks in advance!

Final look:

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well this is a pretty nice team so ill do my best.

First Give Latias Thunderbolt (or even Grass knot with T-tar so common) over Dragon Pulse. Since you are switching so much the powerdrop should not prove troublesome and you can rewally appreciate the extra coverage a third move brings.

I would also suggest Ice Fang over Stone Edge and Earthquake over Return as you can still hit grass types and still have good coverage with Earthquake and Waterfall

Salamence
Dragon Dance, Earth Quake, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw!

If Gyarados is down Salamence can take out the the others with just one DD. =)
If it wins the speed tie over Flygon then you're screwed.O_O
Starmie will live DC if it's minimum after one DD but with out Ice Beam Starmie is just another cookie for Salamence!
If Gyarados takes Stealth Rock damage, stone edge will send Gyarados to hell/heaven!
But you know what're the chances pf Gyarados fainting and Salamence winning the speed tie over Flygon.O_O
Beware for Stealth Rock!

Well this is a pretty nice team so ill do my best.

First Give Latias Thunderbolt (or even Grass knot with T-tar so common) over Dragon Pulse.
I get the Grass Knot part but why thunder bolt? O_O

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Salamence
I get the Grass Knot part but why thunder bolt? O_O
Thunderbolt also hits water types like Gyarados or Suicune harder than Grass Knot. He is relying to heavily on Starmie to counter Bulky Waters and Starmie cannot take a hit anyways as its primary role is to rapid spin.

Have you considered a ScarfLatias over Specs? In case Mence comes in and uses one DD Latias will still beat it.

Starmie is bulky enough to do well against Gyarados and Vaporeon, and unless Suicune carries HP Electric (almost never does), Starmie has no issues with it either. As for other bulky waters, the sheer destructive force of Latias' Draco Meteor is good enough.

However, I will test Scarf on Latias over Specs. As much as I love the insane power Specs has, I know how good Scarf Latias is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)