OM OM Swiss - Stage 2 - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head

art by Kris

Welcome to OM Swiss!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • 2021 OM Circuit information can be found here.
  • The banlists for this tournament are the same as the ladder of each format of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown.
  • Two stages
    • Stage 1:
      • Swiss-style
      • Each week is a best-of-3 of a different metagame randomly decided by !pick (listed later in this post)
      • All players with a positive record after the 5th week (3-2, 3-1, or 3-0) move onto Stage 2
    • Stage 2:
      • Best-of-5 non-seeded single elimination
      • First game of each series chosen by host with !pick, 2nd through 5th games picked by the loser of the previous game
      • You only earn points for the circuit from this
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Sw/Sh cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Replays are required.
1st - 500
2nd - 375
3rd - 290
4th-6th - 175
7th-12th - 87
13th-24th - 45

Pairings:

Andyboy  vs  MAMP
Chazm  vs  Ren
quojova  vs  Quantum Tesseract

First game of each series for this week: Balanced Hackmons
1637554517029.png

Deadline is Sunday, November 28th at 11:59 EST (UTC-5).

Last edited:

Dr. Phd. BJ

aphasia
is a defending SCL Champion
OMPL Champion
Andyboy vs MAMP - Battle between omwc managers. Both players have been extremely impressive in their swiss sets. MAMP should have an overall edge in BH, while Andy should be favored in Mix and Mega. The other 3 sets are more likely to go either way, however one of these players is my manager for omwc (only acceptable abbreviation fite me) and the other is not. (3-2)
Chazm vs Ren - Rfn Ren could not play before these predictions went up, and has to wait for Chazm to wake up so this one is a no brainer (3-0)
quojova vs Quantum Tesseract - quojova has flown under the radar for most of this tour, and looks to continue his solid play. On the other hand, QT has been very dominant in Stage 2 winning 7 of their last 8 games and looks to pass stresh for OM Circuit points. quojova has a slight edge in BH, however I think QT has more knowledge in other metas and is more proven than quojova (3-1)

notice how I picked the 2 players who beat me to lose, take notes

Last edited:

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
1637566590646.png

let me sleep smth

Pairings:

Andyboy  vs  MAMP I watched MAMP replays and tbh he played quite well, and he looks on fire during this Swiss so I'll bet for him, but this will be a fun bo to watch (3-1)
Chazm  vs  Ren I hate Ren so much I just hope he loses all his games; moreover, Chazm is like really strong so yea (3-1 cuz Ren is not that bad sadly)
quojova  vs  Quantum Tesseract "quojova has flown under the radar for most of this tour, and looks to continue his solid play" ye that's exactly that, quojova's playing quite well and is now in semis. However, QT is like really really solid legit everywhere and as Dr. Phd. BJ said, QT is about to pass stresh and this will be impressive. I honestly think that QT's gonna win the tour. (3-1, cuz quojova plays quite well)

Have fun in ur games and enjoy them :heart:
May the best win!

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Didn't expect to make it to qualifiers when I entered this tour and here I am a choke away from finals. Huge thanks to everyone who helped me get here. Won't do tags because there's like, 20 of you, but you definitely know who you are (and if you're reading this and wondering if I forgot about you - I did not) and I really appreciate your help. It was amazing to have a tournament where you could lose a series and still be in the running, I really hope this format returns next year (although I'm not sure I'll be around to play it). It's a very forgiving format, and while there are definitely some people who lost in qualifiers who deserved to get in, take it from me - You'll make it next year ;)

At this point, I'd be happy with anybody in these semis to win because they all deserve it. QT's been an OM mainstay for years and I think he's really good at all of them. Quojova's an all-round solid player that doesn't nearly get enough credit. Chazm's always been an awesome opponent, really enjoyed our series. MAMP's also a super powerful player that I'm happy to see get into other metagames. That being said, gonna root for my good friend Andyboy, he's one of the strongest players I know and I'd love to see him take this home :) Good luck to everybody, may the best player win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)