Project OM Mashup Megathread

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
fwiw, You can just ban the ability itself, as that part is covered through the pokebilities format. It should definitely help trim down the extremely long tournament code anyways. The only thing worth keeping banned is Alakazite for sure.
The abilities aren't actually the issue, but rather the mega stones. I'll trim the other section down though at some point.

Just gonna put out some thoughts about PokeMnM while I have a few spare minutes.
1647537257092.png
1647537271959.png
1647537284962.png

Heliolisk @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Weather Ball
- Hyper Voice
- Volt Switch

Blaziken @ Lucarionite
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Punch

Cinderace @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
This honestly looks fairly broken and all three have been put to good use in the meta so far.
That's all the thoughts I have to be honest. Don't really know if they should be banned or kept to counteract the ubiquitous stall cores. Obviously Blaziken deals with Blissey and Heliolisk can probably deal with Toxapex and you can add whatever you want to this to engage in the futile act of trying to check Clefable and Reuniclus.

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Speaking of weather in PokeMnM, I noticed Slush Rush wasn't banned from mega evolving so here's something fun.
:ss/arctozolt:
Arctozolt @ Metagrossite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Blizzard
- Low Kick
- Substitute
Decent 95 Spe, bolstered by Slush Rush, and Tough Claws to boot! I think hail might be an underrated pick especially since you can run sablenite ninetales-a but ice is a fragile typing. It would be incredibly fun to try out at least.

That's actually something we're going to test, but it might be fine though due to the fact that it isnt hard to force out at all, unlike Azumarill. Also, while the Attack you listed is high, Diggersby would never use them as simply they're not that effective (past Lopunnite). However, it's still a very new meta so we need to test this stuff out first.
What about Sand Veil and Snow Cloak? Slap Tyranitarite onto Rough Skin Garchomp and it has a 25% chance to get a free turn because an Ice Beam or Ice Shard missed.
Another thing I noticed is that :Regigigas: is unrestriced and so is GT :Darmanitan-Galar:. Is this just an oversight or is it actually fine letting them Mega Evolve?

Oh, and a few more things (starting to sound like Columbo here).
-I read the post explaining why Swift Swim was banned, but I don’t think it would have been that bad as a whole. There aren’t any Mega Stones that cause Drizzle and it only seems like Barraskewda would have been the only broken user with potentially getting access to Fighting STAB with much higher Atk.
-If Swift Swim is broken enough in this meta despite needing a Drizzle teammate, why not Speed Boost? Blaziken and Sharpedo are definitely broken here, and Scolipede/Ninjask could potentially become issues here as well but we might have to see.
-Regenerator Limit is pretty redundant when there is already a 2 Ability clause
-Fur Coat, Ice Scales, and Huge Power could definitely be looked at too. Slowbronite Alolan Persian can basically shrug off most Physical Attacks barring Mewtwonite X Diggersby.
252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Mega Kick vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Fur Coat Persian-Alola: 178-210 (53.2 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Not even fully invested and barely does over half

Last edited:
I think i haven't been posting for a while here, but anyway, i'd like to post two announcements for Camomons Little Cup. First, Calm Mind will remained legal in Camomons Little Cup. Slow-bulky CM users, in particular, are highly prone to get overwhelmed by offensive pressure as things just hits harder in Little Cup than in L100 Tiers, and this is worsen by their lack of 6% passive healing from Leftovers. While there are still a couple of pokemon that got banned from LC due to Calm Mind like Corsola-Galar, the currently legal Calm Mind users are not overwhelming nor dominant enough to justify banning Calm Mind. Second is my personal VR for Camomons Little Cup is now here. This was initially planned to be posted around July-August 2021, but the ban of Vullaby had caused me to redo it back from the scratch.

:ss/dratini:Camomons Little Cup Personal Viability Ranking:ss/dratini:
by: Roldski32​
S Tier
:mienfoo: Mienfoo [
Fighting
/
Bug
] [
Fighting
/
Flying
]

:mienfoo: Mienfoo is still S Tier in this mashup while remaining almost unchanged; it is still the tier's premier pivot that helps your breakers get in safely. Mienfoo is also one of the most safest lead in the tier when running Fake Out. The S Tier also stands for a big threat to prepare for as it is important, if not, mandatory to pack a Fighting-Type check or 2 on a team, primarily a bulky Fight-resist as the main one because even an uninvested High Jump Kick is still capable of 1HKOing any frail offensive pokemon and 2HKOing some bulkier walls that don't resist it. Not using Mienfoo on a team means you have to work around not having its invaluable utility. In terms of secondary typing, both Bug-typing and Flying-typing are preferred for their added resistances to Fighting, Ground and Grass.
A+ Tier
:abra: Abra [
Psychic
/
Ghost
] [
Ghost
/
Fighting
]
:diglett: Diglett [
Ground
/
Flying
]
:grookey: Grookey [
Grass
/
Dark
] [
Grass
/
Fighting
]
:porygon: Porygon [
Ghost
/
Electric
] [
Electric
/
Ice
]

:abra: Ghost-type Abra is a strong wallbreaker as STAB Shadow Ball can deal a decent chunk against most Steels that isn't Steel/Dark Pawniard while granting it a complete immunity to trapping, which is big as Abra is quite vulnerable to the likes of Diglett. The Ghost-typing also allows it to effectively threatened and forced out the ubiquitous Mienfoo on lead thanks to its immunity to Fake Out.
:diglett: Diglett is ranked here because Arena Trap is legal and its balanced. Flying is still a meme, but being able to compressed Air Balloon set with Eviolite or Life Orb is a nice thing to have, but STAB Aerial Ace on its own is quite weak that even some Flying-weak pokemon can survived it if they're healthy enough.
:grookey:Grookey is a strong breaker that can revenge kill stuff with priority Grassy Glide. Grass/Dark is preferred due to STAB Knock Off being a great neutral coverage that can deal 40ish against pokemon like Koffing and Foongus when combined with Life Orb, and only a few pokemon resist Grass/Dark combo.
:porygon: Download Porygon is one of the most hard-hitting Choice Scarf user in this mashup. Porygon is more likely getting a Special Attack boost and only a few pokemon can prevent it as it comes in and attempting to prevent it by running EVs to have their Special Defense stat higher than Defense can be difficult in this mashup than in Level 100 Tier as it takes a whopping 100+ EV investment to do it, and by doing so, they gained almost nothing from it outside of denying Porygon from getting the right boost. It is worth noting that Porygon will always get a Special Attack boost against a Pokemon with equal defenses. Just like many other Choice Scarf users in Little Cup, if Scarf Porygon faces a team without a Scarf user, then it will definitely outspeed that team's entire 6 mon unless they have a priority user.
A Tier
:koffing: Koffing [
Poison
/
Electric
]
:mareanie: Mareanie [
Water
/
Poison
]
:pawniard: Pawniard [
Steel
/
Dark
]
:staryu: Staryu [
Water
/
Electric
] [
Water
] [
Water
/
Fighting
]

:koffing:
Koffing still does the same thing, and its ability to deny Mienfoo's Regenerator alone via Neutralizing Gas is more than enough to rank it high and offensively, Poison + Electric + Fire is surprising challenging to switch into.
:mareanie: Water/Poison is a good typing with good set of useful resistances, and Mareanie is one of better ones with access to Knock Off and Regenerator. Scald and Sludge Bomb are surprisingly decent STAB combo combined with their high status rate.
:pawniard:Steel/Dark Pawniard is still good both offensively and defensively, and it is still one of good option for a defensive Steel-type. Yes, a lack of recovery hurts, but it can still check some threat it was tasked to even without reliable recovery, and with Knock Off, Stealth Rock and good offenses, it can perform its job just fine, arguably even better than a Steel-type with 50% reliable recovery.
:staryu: Staryu is an offensive pokemon with a recovery move and a decent bulk. It is also one of few viable hazard removal in this mashup. While hazard removal is not a necessity on most teams, Staryu is the easiest pokemon to fit onto teams should they need one.
A- Tier
:foongus: Foongus [
Grass
/
Poison
]
:mudbray: Mudbray [
Ground
/
Steel
]
:ponyta: Ponyta [
Fire
/
Electric
] [
Fire
/
Ground
] [
Steel
/
Fighting
]

:foongus: Grass/Poison Foongus is ranked this high due to Spore, which was more difficult to switch into in this mashup due to Grass/Steel mons have fringe movepool option (Ferroseed is forced to run a Steel-move to regain Grass/Steel typing). Sleep is dumb a really powerful status in Little Cup, and it literally creates 5v6 situation until they woke up. It still has its flaws, being neutral to Bug can hurt a lot as Bug Mienfoo does around 40% with U-turn, and it was a somewhat easier to abuse it after it puts something else to sleep.
:mudbray: Mudbray is an alternative Steel-type of choice, and Ground/Steel is a really strong combo if you don't run into random Steel birds, combined with a powerful Earthquake and 120 BP Heavy Slam coming from 100 Attack stat.
:ponyta:
Fire/Electric Ponyta is a strong hardhitter in this mashup with Dragon-types being almost non-existent and Water/Ground are a bit of meh. Steel/Fairy is still a bit weird, but the typing allows Ponyta to makes good use of its plethora of resistance combined with a recovery move in Morning Sun and a decent offensive prowess with 19 Speed and Play Rough + High Horsepower combo.
B+ Tier
:carvanha: Carvanha [
Water
/
Dark
]
:dratini: Dratini [
Normal
]
:farfetch Farfetch'd-Galar [
Fighting
/
Flying
]
:frillish: Frillish [
Water
/
Fighting
]
:magnemite: Magnemite [
Electric
/
Steel
]
:ponyta-galar: Ponyta-Galar [
Psychic
]
:trapinch: Trapinch [
Ground
/
Fighting
] [
Ground
/
Bug
]
:tyrunt: Tyrunt [
Psychic
/
Fighting
] [
Steel
/
Fighting
] [
Psychic
/
Fighting
] [
Fighting
/
Fighting
]

:carvanha:Carvanha is a good offensive mon with the ability to deal good damage with Flip Turn while avoiding getting killed. While wasting an offensive typing for a pivot seems bad, a STAB Crunch on its own is good enough given how few mons resisted it and some of its check are Water-resist that are neutral to Dark.
:dratini: Dratini has been going back and forth between B+ and A-, but it sits comfortably in B+ for now. STAB Extreme Speed is strong, but Dratini is held back by its almost non-existent physical movepool beyond it and offered almost no defensive utility. It runs mono-Normal because STAB Outrage is garbage, and using it would just result to Dratini getting revenge killed because this thing is extremely frail and dies too quickly.
:farfetch I initially thought Choice Scarf Farfetch'd-Galar was broken during early stages of Gen 8 mostly because of Fight/Flying STAB combo, both of which were 120 BP ( Leek is garbage because Close Combat and Brave Bird hits very hard without a crit ), but after playing a lot of games, i find it surprisingly manageable. ScarfFetch'd is its only viable set ( SD set are unusable due to lack of enough speed) but it is sometimes a prediction reliant because most teams with likely have a Fight-resist + Steel that can abused whatever move its locked into. ScarfFetch'd is still good
:frillish: I had some conflicts as to where Frillish should be ranked. Its still a good defensive wall, but i find it slightly harder to find uses. Water/Fairy is used here as a check to Mienfoo, Staryu and Ponyta. It could soft-check some special attackers like Focus Sash Abra, but it relies on Eviolite to perform better, and it is likely to lose it from just checking Mienfoo alone.
:magnemite: Magnemite remained unchanged; it still uses its vanilla SturdyJuice set and Scarf set. If you don't run into a Ground-type, then Scarf Magnemite can possibly bully those Ground-less teams by firing off Analytic-boosted Volt Switch, which it hits very hard.
:ponyta-galar:
Ponyta-Galar is the closest one to a viable Calm Mind user this mashup had. Psychic/Fire is a solid offensive combo in this mashup where Poison/Dark mons are bit of an ehh, and it possesses 19 Speed.
:trapinch:Trapinch is somewhat odd and i couldn't properly make good used of its trapping capabilities. STAB First Impression is indeed really strong, especially if you sniped a neutral target, but its hampered by Bug being easily resisted by a lot of typing, and some Bug-weak pokemon like Grookey were sometimes pack Protect to hard-punish Trapinch. Its low speed makes it easier to abused by breakers.
:tyrunt: Dragon Dance Tyrunt is one of the great sweeper and it has some of a good offensive movepool to choose from, such as Close Combat, Play Rough, Earthquake, Iron Head and a Strong Jaw-boosted Psychic Fangs, Crunch and Fire Fang.
B Tier
:archen: Archen [
Ground
/
Flying
]
:bunnelby: Bunnelby [
Ground
/
Rock
][
Ground
/
Bug
]
:charmander: Charmander [
Fire
/
Ghost
]
:onix: Onix [
Rock
/
Ground
] [
Fighting
/
Dragon
]
:vulpix: Vulpix [
Fire
/
Grass
]

:archen:Ground/Flying gave Archen a great offensive typing, a neutrality to Stealth Rock and a small but useful resistance to Fighting and Ground. It also has decent utility in Knock Off, U-turn, Stealth Rock and Defog, but Archen sometimes finds itself strapped on moveslot for most of these, especially when its attempting to run defensive set.
:bunnelby: Bunnelby is a decent Scarf user with good offensive typing combined with Huge Power as well as U-turn for pivoting. Scarf is its only workable set, because SD set are trash due to its frailty and being below 17 Speed is not good.
:charmander::vulpix: Going to combined these two here due to viability of Sun team. Vulpix does see some usage outside of sun, mainly as a Choice Scarf user. As for Charmander, the Ghost typing may seem odd, but it generally prefers to spam its sun-boosted Fire STAB often to the point it doesn't depend a lot on using coverage move, since a Solar Power sun-boosted Fire STABs are still doing quite a lot even against resist such as Eviolite Mareanie. Ghost-typing allows Charmander to avoid Fake Out, which would otherwise greatly crippled it.

:onix: Onix's main appeal that ranked this high comes from its Rock/Ground Dragon Dance set, which is a solid sweeper if you don't run into Grookey and it abuses some Mienfoo sets that don't resisted Rock due to their Bug-typing or occasional Flying-typing by firing off a +1 recoil-less Head Smash. Onix is also a Stealth Rock setter and can run a Fighting-typing that uses STAB Body Press coming from its high 160 Defense stat, but Onix is unable to effectively abused STAB Body Press as many teams will have a Fight checks to deal with the ever-common Mienfoo, usually around 2 at most ( some even have 3 Fight checks in one team coincidentally)
B- Tier
:dwebble: Dwebble [
Ghost
/
Dark
]
:magby: Magby [
Fire
/
Fighting
]
:munchlax: Munchlax [
Normal
] [
Poison
/
Dark
]
:slowpoke: Slowpoke [
Water
/
Poison
]
:dwebble: Dwebble's main niche is its access to both Stealth Rock and Spikes, that allowed it to be a great lead for Hazard Stack Hyper Offense teams, which looks good given the limited amount of hazard removal this tier had (some teams just don't run any hazard removal at all), in addition to some of the abusers now have better offensive typing.
:magby: Magby's main niche is that its a decent Belly Drum sweeper, but due to its low bulk, it is restricted to only being used in Screens Hyper Offense, but its a decent option on such teams.
:munchlax: Munchlax is a good special tank that is sometimes difficult to take down. I was a bit skeptical of including Poison/Dark because the typing just isn't... the best for this mashup. One weakness is cool and all, but resistances mattered a bit in this mashup, and Poison/Dark had almost no useful resistance apart from Ghost.
:slowpoke: Slowpoke is a decent wall that can slow pivot via Teleport. I was initially putting a different typing such as Water/Ground, Steel/Ground, and Steel/Ghost until i settled on putting Water/Poison instead. Toxic is not a great move in Little Cup, because its too slow to rack up its chip damage.
C Tier
:corphish: Corphish [
Water
/
Dark
]
:minccino: Minccino [
Ice
/
Dark
]
:shellder: Shellder [
Water
/
Rock
]
:spritzee: Spritzee [
Fighting
/
Electric
]
:treecko: Treecko [
Fighting
/
Flying
]

:corphish:
The mon that was once a threat has fall from grace. While Adaptability Knock Off remains quite strong on its own alongside its Water-type moves, DLC additions truly hurts it a lot with more checks to it returning as well as better options than Corphish. Not to mention, its slow at base.
:minccino: There was initially a huge competition between Buneary and Minccino as to who was the best Triple Axel user. Buneary possesses 19 Speed and has Drain Punch to remove its Rock weakness whereas Minccino has the strongest Triple Axel thanks to Technician and 18 Speed is still workable on its own. Got a big conflicted until Minccino came on top at the end, Buneary relies a lot on Life Orb to reach KO range whereas Minccino's TechTAxel is fine even without damage boosting item, where it can run other items like Heavy-Duty Boots to negate its Rock weakness, but the most preferable one is Wide Lens to significantly increase its reliability. These Triple Axel users relied heavily on landing all 3 hits, and missing a 3rd hit is detrimental due to their frailty. While Minccino is seemingly lacking in coverage, its access to Knock Off alone is great enough as it can soften its check and makes Triple Axel deal like 40% against resists like Mareanie.
:shellder:
Shellder's access to Ice Shard is what seperates itself from other Shell Smasher as a way to prevent Grookey from revenge killing it. Water/Rock is a decent STAB combo and only a few selected typing can resist both. I didn't include Ice-typing on Shellder due to Stealth Rock weakness and other stuff; Ice/Rock, in particular, has big issues with Steel-types.
:spritzee: Defensive sets faces some competition from few other Fairy-types due to them having a better recovery move than WishTech. Spritzee is a niche sweeper with Nasty Plot + Trick Room.
:treecko:
There was at some point where i was considering Treecko for B-. Treecko gets a nice indirect buff in that this gen has gifted Little Cup with a viable auto-terrain setter in Grookey for it to used Terrain Seed. Its problem is that 45 Attack is a bit suspecting for a sweeper, relying a lot on Sword Dance boost, and even with a Defense boost from Grassy Seed, its bulk is still in a mediocre side, which can make it difficult to set-up outside of screen or using the typing's resistance against certain mon such as Trapinch or Grookey without Acrobatics or Wood Hammer
C- Tier
:amaura: Amaura [
Ice
/
Ground
]
:clauncher: Clauncher [
Dragon
/
Fighting
]
:cufant: Cufant [
Steel
/
Fighting
]
:omanyte: Omanyte [
Water
/
Ground
]
:wynaut: Wynaut [
Normal
/
Ghost
] [
Psychic
/
Fighting
]

:amaura: I still find Scarf to be its better set as STAB Blizzard is something that can't be underestimated. Light Clay Aurora Veil sets are very hard to used due to its low speed, to the point where even Natu is often the preferred screen setter over it due to its better Speed Tier.
:clauncher: Clauncher is the closest mon as a good offensive Dragon-type. Mega Launcher Dragon Pulse is marginally weaker than Draco Meteor, but with no stat drop. Its movepool is backed up by Aura Sphere to hit Steel-types while being boosted by Mega Launcher, Sludge Bomb to hit Fairy-types, and U-turn for pivoting. Its problem is that its needs Choice Scarf to patch its middling speed.
:cufant: I wasn't gonna include this initially. Cufant is a niche defensive Steel-type rock setter with a decent offensive power from Sheer Force-boosted Play Rough, alongside High Horsepower as coverage.
:omanyte: Aside from Shellder, Omanyte is another Shell Smasher and it is one of the few special sweepers in this mashup. It still needed a lot of support, and just like other Shell Smashers, it is suspectible to get revenge killed by Grookey.
:wynaut: Wynaut is still a very niche trapper with CounterCoat. It still remained unchanged apart from having different typing.

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
What about Sand Veil and Snow Cloak? Slap Tyranitarite onto Rough Skin Garchomp and it has a 25% chance to get a free turn because an Ice Beam or Ice Shard missed.
That's something we missed, I'll bring it up later with the rest of the council.

Another thing I noticed is that :Regigigas: is unrestriced and so is GT :Darmanitan-Galar:. Is this just an oversight or is it actually fine letting them Mega Evolve?
Regigigas is restricted by default in Mix and Mega, though it was missing from the banlist before so it's been added to the list. GT Darm-G I've been using a decent chunk of but it's not as bad to check as other mons, so we're not too worried right now about it.

Oh, and a few more things (starting to sound like Columbo here).
-I read the post explaining why Swift Swim was banned, but I don’t think it would have been that bad as a whole. There aren’t any Mega Stones that cause Drizzle and it only seems like Barraskewda would have been the only broken user with potentially getting access to Fighting STAB with much higher Atk.
We'll re-explore the Weather bans at some point in the near future, likely right after Blaziken/Cinderace. Sharpedo is checked by every form of priority, and so we don't think it's a major issue at the moment. Scolipede may be too much, but we'll have a look after certain tiering actions, but Ninjask would not be an issue at all in the current metagame.

-If Swift Swim is broken enough in this meta despite needing a Drizzle teammate, why not Speed Boost? Blaziken and Sharpedo are definitely broken here, and Scolipede/Ninjask could potentially become issues here as well but we might have to see.
We're deciding if Blaziken is too good right now, actually, along with Cinderace. Sharpedo falls to almost every form of priority, though, which is in abundance as of right now.

-Regenerator Limit is pretty redundant when there is already a 2 Ability clause
Sadly nope, you can bypass this by not selecting the ability.
1647609486017.png

1647609529847.png

1647609539544.png

1647609831198.png

-Fur Coat, Ice Scales, and Huge Power could definitely be looked at too. Slowbronite Alolan Persian can basically shrug off most Physical Attacks barring Mewtwonite X Diggersby.
252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Mega Kick vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Fur Coat Persian-Alola: 178-210 (53.2 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Not even fully invested and barely does over half
Was used in tours previously with little success but we'll keep an eye on it then, even if Lopunnite is generally better.

Last edited:
STAB AND MEGA MAJOR UPDATE
Me and the council are announcing that we are now conducting a Pheromosa Suspect test

Pheromosa was restricted in regular Mix and Mega and for as long as this meta has been alive, Pheromosa hasn't really been overwhelming in the eyes of many but that can change. Instead of doing a council vote we want the community to help us vote. In order to vote you must either win the suspect tournament or be a runner up if the person won already. The council has automatic vote but we want those familiar with the metagame to vote. We already set up a code to only count for the suspect test with the code called Pheromosa suspect trial. The suspect will go for 2 weeks and in order to be qualified you must post a screenshot in this forum. Good luck with the suspect!
I think pheramosa should be unrestricted. It hasn't bothered me too much.

Attachments

POKEAAABILITIES
What is PokeAAAbilities?

PokeAAAbilities is a mashup of Pokebilities and Almost Any Ability, meaning that pokemon have access to all of their native abilities, plus an ability of their choice, all at the same time!

Council:

:exeggutor-alola: Eggs McGee (Leader)
:Roselia: RICEMAN
:dewgong: bp scrub
:argalis: Binacleisthebest
:mawile: 23gz

Ruleset and banlist
Clauses:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same National Pokédex number on a team.
  • 2 Ability Clause: A player cannot have more than two Pokemon with the same Ability on a team.
  • OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
  • Evasion Clause: A Pokemon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.
  • Sleep Clause: If a player has already put a Pokemon on his/her opponent's side to sleep and it is still sleeping, another one can't be put to sleep.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot intentionally prevent an opponent from being able to end the game without forfeiting.
  • Dynamax Clause: Players cannot use the mechanic known as Dynamaxing.
Banlist:
The most recent bans have been bolded
  • Buzzwole, Calyrex-Ice, Calyrex-Shadow, Dialga, Dracovish, Dragapult, Dragonite, Eternatus, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kartana, Keldeo, Kyogre, Kyurem, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Lugia, Lunala, Magearna, Marshadow, Melmetal, Mewtwo, Naganadel, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Noivern, Palkia, Pheromosa, Rayquaza, Regigigas, Reshiram, Shedinja, Solgaleo, Spectrier, Urshifu-Base, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Victini, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zacian, Zacian-Crowned, Zamazenta, Zamazenta-Crowned, Zekrom, Zygarde-Base
    [*]Keldeo and Zeraora, while banned in Almost Any Ability, are unbanned in PokeAAAbilities.
  • Blacephalon
  • Conkeldurr
  • Cinderace
  • Darmanitan-Galar
  • Excadrill
  • Genesect
  • Landorus-I
  • Pangoro
  • Perrserker
  • Porygon-Z
  • Rillaboom
  • Tapu Lele
The following Pokemon are banned because they have banned native abilities:
  • Arena Trap: Diglett, Dugtrio, Trapinch
  • Moody: Glalie, Octillery, Remoraid, Snorunt
  • Shadow Tag: Gothita, Gothitelle, Gothorita, Wobbuffet, Wynaut
The following abilities cannot be selected as the aditional ability:
  • Arena Trap
  • Comatose
  • Contrary
  • Emergency Exit
  • Fluffy
  • Fur Coat
  • Gorilla Tactics
  • Huge Power
  • Ice Scales
  • Illusion
  • Imposter
  • Innards Out
  • Intrepid Sword
  • Libero
  • Magnet Pull
  • Moody
  • Neutralizing Gas
  • Parental Bond
  • Poison Heal
  • Power Construct
  • Prankster
  • Protean
  • Pure Power
  • Shadow Tag
  • Simple
  • Stakeout
  • Speed Boost
  • Tinted Lens
  • Water Bubble
  • Wimp Out
  • Wonder Guard
The following abilities can not be used on the same Pokemon:
  • Desolate Land and Chlorophyll
  • Drizzle and Swift Swim
  • Drought and Chlorophyll
  • Electric Surge and Surge Surfer
  • Primordial Sea and Swift Swim
  • Regenerator and Multiscale
  • Regenerator and Shadow Shield
  • Sand Stream and Sand Rush
  • Snow Warning and Slush Rush
No more than 2 Pokemon on the same team may have the ability Regenerator.
  • Baton Pass
  • Hypnosis
  • Sing
  • Sleep Powder

Resources:
:ferrothorn: :wishiwashi: :volcarona: :tentacruel: :sandaconda: :hatterene: Sandaconda Bulky Offence by Eggs McGee
:Regieleki: :rillaboom: :corviknight: :chansey: :heatran: :swampert: Regieleki Balance by Galarian Birds OU
:tapu bulu: :noivern: :tapu koko: :swampert: :lanturn: :corviknight: Double Tapu Balance by The Dragon Master
:volcarona: :ferrothorn: :slowking: :zeraora: :kommo-o: :zapdos: Kommo-o Bulky Offence by Binacleisthebest
:skarmory: :chansey: :corviknight: :tangrowth: :tentacruel: :quagsire: Spikes Stall by 23gz
:zeraora: :skarmory: :blissey: :landorus-therian: :suicune: :rillaboom: Zeraora Balance by I Make Sets
:slowbro: :reuniclus: :marowak-alola: :malamar: :gurdurr: :hatterene: Trick Room Hyper Offence by RICEMAN
:tapu koko: :talonflame: :reuniclus: :hydreigon: :landorus-therian: :ferrothorn: Magic Guard Spam by The Number Man
:landorus-therian: :regieleki: :rillaboom: :volcarona: :kommo-o: :azumarill: Screens Hyper Offence by 23gz
PokeAAAbilities Viability Rankings:

S Rank:

:corviknight: Corviknight (Dauntless Shield, Delta Stream, Volt Absorb, Flash Fire)

A+ Rank:
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn (Flash Fire, Rough Skin, Dauntless Shield)
:reuniclus: Reuniclus (Dauntless Shield, Sheer Force)
:talonflame: Talonflame (Magic Guard)
:zapdos: Zapdos (Dauntless Shield, Primordial Sea)

A Rank:
:arcanine: Arcanine (Dauntless Shield)
:garchomp: Garchomp (Regenerator)
:hatterene: Hatterene (Triage)
:slowking: Slowking (Magic Bounce)
:swampert: Swampert (Regenerator)
:tangrowth: Tangrowth (Dauntless Shield)
:tapu bulu: Tapu Bulu (Triage)

A- Rank:
:heatran: Heatran (Desolate Land, Levitate, Regenerator)
:hippowdon: Hippowdon (Dauntless Shield)
:keldeo: Keldeo (Primordial Sea)
:kommo-o: Kommo-o (Triage, Unburden, Regenerator, Galvanize)
:landorus-therian: Landorus-Therian (Regenerator, Aerilate)
:noivern: Noivern (Aerilate)
:marowak-alola: Marowak-Alola (Adaptability, Desolate Land, Water Absorb)
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko (Magic Guard, Adaptability, Refrigerate)
:tentacruel: Tentacruel (Primordial Sea)
:tornadus-therian: Tornadus-Therian (Magic Guard, No Guard)
:tyranitar: Tyranitar (Regenerator, Bulletproof)
:volcarona: Volcarona (Magic Guard, Desolate Land, Turboblaze)

B+ Rank:
:aegislash: Aegislash (Regenerator)
:bronzong: Bronzong (Regenerator)
:charizard: Charizard (Desolate Land)
:dragalge: Dragalge (Regenerator)
:hydreigon: Hydreigon (Regenerator, Sheer Force)
:quagsire: Quagsire (Dauntless Shield)
:salamence: Salamence (Dauntless Shield)
:sigilyph: Sigilyph (Gale Wings, Mold Breaker)
:snorlax: Snorlax (Cheek Pouch, Unaware)
:tapu fini: Tapu Fini (Regenerator)
:zeraora: Zeraora (Magic Guard, Tough Claws)

B Rank:
:azumarill: Azumarill (Unburden, Tough Claws)
:blaziken: Blaziken (Magic Guard, Magnet Pull)
:blissey: Blissey (Magic Bounce)
:chansey: Chansey (Regenerator, Unaware)
:crawdaunt: Crawdaunt (Primordial Sea, Tough Claws)
:golisopod: Golisopod (Regenerator, Magic Guard)
:heracross: Heracross (Quick Feet)
:lanturn: Lanturn (Regenerator)
:magnezone: Magnezone (Levitate, Magic Guard, Regenerator)
:mienshao: Mienshao (Tough Claws, Magic Guard)
:moltres: Moltres (Magic Guard, Desolate Land)
:nihilego: Nihilego (Unburden)
:obstagoon: Obstagoon (Toxic Boost, Magic Guard)
:scizor: Scizor (Adaptability, Flash Fire)
:skarmory: Skarmory (Stamina)
:slowbro: Slowbro (Dauntless Shield, Magic Bounce)
:wishiwashi-school:Wishiwashi (Regenerator)
:xurkitree: Xurkitree (Electric Surge, Quick Feet)

B- Rank:
:cinccino: Cinccino (Magic Guard, Long Reach)
:gigalith: Gigalith (Regenerator)
:porygon2: Porygon2 (Dauntless Shield, Sticky Hold)
:regieleki: Regieleki (Refrigerate, Electric Surge)
:sandaconda: Sandaconda (Magic Bounce, Sand Force)
:stakataka: Stakataka (Levitate)
:togekiss: Togekiss (Triage)
:whiscash: Whiscash (Primordial Sea)
:zygarde-10%: Zygarde-10% (Adaptability, Magnet Pull)

C Rank:
:cloyster: Cloyster (Regenerator, Technician)
:gurdurr: Gurdurr (Toxic Boost)
:luxray: Luxray (Galvanize)
:pincurchin: Pincurchin (Transistor)
:pyukumuku: Pyukumuku (Magic Bounce, Mold Breaker)
:toxicroak: Toxicroak (Primordial Sea)
/tour create Gen 8 Pokebilities, elim ,,,[Gen 8] PokeAAAbilities
/tour rules !Obtainable Abilities,2 Ability Clause,-Arena Trap,-Comatose,-Contrary,-Fluffy,-Fur Coat,-Gorilla Tactics,-Huge Power,-Ice Scales,-Illusion,-Imposter,-Innards Out,-Intrepid Sword,-Libero,-Moody,-Neutralizing Gas,-Parental Bond,-Poison Heal,-Prankster,-Protean,-Pure Power,-Shadow Tag,-Simple,-Stakeout,-Speed Boost,-Tinted Lens,-Water Bubble,-Wonder Guard,-Buzzwole,-Dragapult,-Dragonite,-Kartana,-Melmetal,-Pheromosa,-Regigigas,-Shedinja,-Tapu-Lele,-Urshifu,-Victini,-Conkeldurr,-Pangoro,-Perrserker,-Regenerator + Wimpod,-Wimp Out,-Emergency Exit,-Drought+Bellossom,-Drought+Bulbasaur,-Drought+Cherubi,-Drought+Cottonee,-Drought+Exeggcute,-Drought+Exeggutor,-Drought+Gloom,-Drought+Ivysaur,-Drought+Leafeon,-Drought+Lilligant,-Drought+Maractus,-Drought+Nuzleaf,-Drought+Oddish,-Drought+Petilil,-Drought+Seedot,-Drought+Shiftry,-Drought+Tangela,-Drought+Tangrowth,-Drought+Venusaur,-Drought+Vileplume,-Drought+Whimsicott,-DesolateLand+Bellossom,-DesolateLand+Bulbasaur,-DesolateLand+Cherubi,-DesolateLand+Cottonee,-DesolateLand+Exeggcute,-DesolateLand+Exeggutor,-DesolateLand+Gloom,-DesolateLand+Ivysaur,-DesolateLand+Leafeon,-DesolateLand+Lilligant,-DesolateLand+Maractus,-DesolateLand+Nuzleaf,-DesolateLand+Oddish,-DesolateLand+Petilil,-DesolateLand+Seedot,-DesolateLand+Shiftry,-DesolateLand+Tangela,-DesolateLand+Tangrowth,-DesolateLand+Venusaur,-DesolateLand+Vileplume,-DesolateLand+Whimsicott,-Chlorophyll+Groudon,-Chlorophyll+Ninetales,-Chlorophyll+Torkoal,-Chlorophyll+Vulpix,-Drizzle+Anorith,-Drizzle+Armaldo,-Drizzle+Arrokuda,-Drizzle+Barraskewda,-Drizzle+Beartic,-Drizzle+Carracosta,-Drizzle+Chewtle,-Drizzle+Drednaw,-Drizzle+Feebas,-Drizzle+Goldeen,-Drizzle+Golduck,-Drizzle+Horsea,-Drizzle+Kabuto,-Drizzle+Kabutops,-Drizzle+Kingdra,-Drizzle+Lombre,-Drizzle+Lotad,-Drizzle+Ludicolo,-Drizzle+Magikarp,-Drizzle+Mantine,-Drizzle+Mantyke,-Drizzle+Omanyte,-Drizzle+Omastar,-Drizzle+Palpitoad,-Drizzle+Poliwag,-Drizzle+Poliwhirl,-Drizzle+Poliwrath,-Drizzle+Psyduck,-Drizzle+Qwilfish,-Drizzle+Relicanth,-Drizzle+Seaking,-Drizzle+Seismitoad,-Drizzle+Tirtouga,-Drizzle+Tympole,-PrimordialSea+Anorith,-PrimordialSea+Armaldo,-PrimordialSea+Arrokuda,-PrimordialSea+Barraskewda,-PrimordialSea+Beartic,-PrimordialSea+Carracosta,-PrimordialSea+Chewtle,-PrimordialSea+Drednaw,-PrimordialSea+Feebas,-PrimordialSea+Goldeen,-PrimordialSea+Golduck,-PrimordialSea+Horsea,-PrimordialSea+Kabuto,-PrimordialSea+Kabutops,-PrimordialSea+Kingdra,-PrimordialSea+Lombre,-PrimordialSea+Lotad,-PrimordialSea+Ludicolo,-PrimordialSea+Magikarp,-PrimordialSea+Mantine,-PrimordialSea+Mantyke,-PrimordialSea+Omanyte,-PrimordialSea+Omastar,-PrimordialSea+Palpitoad,-PrimordialSea+Poliwag,-PrimordialSea+Poliwhirl,-PrimordialSea+Poliwrath,-PrimordialSea+Psyduck,-PrimordialSea+Qwilfish,-PrimordialSea+Relicanth,-PrimordialSea+Seaking,-PrimordialSea+Seismitoad,-PrimordialSea+Tirtouga,-PrimordialSea+Tympole,-SwiftSwim+Kyogre,-SwiftSwim+Pelipper,-SwiftSwim+Politoed,-SandStream+Dracovish,-SandStream+Dracozolt,-SandStream+Drilbur,-SandStream+Excadrill,-SandStream+Herdier,-SandStream+Lycanroc,-SandStream+Sandshrew,-SandStream+Sandslash,-SandStream+Stoutland,-SandRush+Gigalith,-SandRush+Hippopotas,-SandRush+Hippowdon,-SandRush+Tyranitar,-SlushRush+Abomasnow,-SlushRush+Amaura,-SlushRush+Aurorus,-SlushRush+Ninetales-Alola,-SlushRush+Snover,-SlushRush+Vanilluxe,-SlushRush+Vulpix-Alola,-SnowWarning+Arctovish,-SnowWarning+Arctozolt,-SnowWarning+Beartic,-SnowWarning+Cubchoo,-SnowWarning+Sandshrew-Alola,-SnowWarning+Sandslash-Alola,-RaichuAlola+ElectricSurge,-TapuKoko+SurgeSurfer,-ShadowShield+Amoonguss,-ShadowShield+Audino,-ShadowShield+Corsola,-ShadowShield+Duosion,-ShadowShield+Eldegoss,-ShadowShield+Foongus,-ShadowShield+Gossifleur,-ShadowShield+Ho-Oh,-ShadowShield+Mareanie,-ShadowShield+Mienfoo,-ShadowShield+Mienshao,-ShadowShield+Reuniclus,-ShadowShield+Slowbro,-ShadowShield+Slowbro-Galar,-ShadowShield+Slowking,-ShadowShield+Slowking-Galar,-ShadowShield+Slowpoke,-ShadowShield+Slowpoke-Galar,-ShadowShield+Solosis,-ShadowShield+Tangela,-ShadowShield+Tangrowth,-ShadowShield+Tornadus-Therian,-ShadowShield+Toxapex,-Multiscale+Amoonguss,-Multiscale+Audino,-Multiscale+Corsola,-Multiscale+Duosion,-Multiscale+Eldegoss,-Multiscale+Foongus,-Multiscale+Gossifleur,-Multiscale+Ho-Oh,-Multiscale+Mareanie,-Multiscale+Mienfoo,-Multiscale+Mienshao,-Multiscale+Reuniclus,-Multiscale+Slowbro,-Multiscale+Slowbro-Galar,-Multiscale+Slowking,-Multiscale+Slowking-Galar,-Multiscale+Slowpoke,-Multiscale+Slowpoke-Galar,-Multiscale+Solosis,-Multiscale+Tangela,-Multiscale+Tangrowth,-Multiscale+Tornadus-Therian,-Multiscale+Toxapex,-Hypnosis,-Sing,-Sleep Powder,-Amoonguss++Audino++Corsola++Duosion++Eldegoss++Foongus++Gossifleur++Ho-Oh++Mareanie++Mienfoo++Mienshao++Reuniclus++Slowbro++Slowking++Slowpoke++Solosis++Tangela++Tangrowth++Tornadus-Therian++Toxapex++Regenerator > 2
/tour autodq 10
/tour autodq 5
Effective immediately, Clefable, Conkeldurr, and Prankster have been banned, and Pokemon may no longer use Regenerator and Multiscale/Shadow Shield together.
  • :clefable: Clefable is an overwhelmingly centralizing defensive and utility Pokemon that has been the subject of noticeable community backlash. Simultaneous access to Unaware and Magic Guard prevent Clefable from being broken by setup sweepers and passive damage, which are two of its best checks in most formats. For an additional ability, Clefable has numerous excellent options, with the most prominent being Dauntless Shield and Regenerator, both of which make it even harder to take down. Very few Pokemon are able to deal with Clefable; Setup Sweepers with Mold Breaker are generally the best option, but those can simply be switched out on and dealt with by teammates.
  • :conkeldurr: Conkeldurr hits stupidly hard. Guts, Sheer Force, and Iron Fist are all excellent base abilities that greatly increase Conkeldurr's power (Thunder Punch and Ice Punch become 117 base power coverage moves), and on top of that it gets to choose another ability. The two most dangerous abilities are by far Toxic Boost and Triage. Toxic Boost Conkeldurr hits an effective 936 attack once it has been poisoned by a Toxic Orb, and from there it can OHKO or 2HKO every pokemon in the metagame. Triage is quite dangerous as well, as Conkeldurr can easily sweep teams with a +3 priority 90 base power Guts-boosted Drain Punch.
+1 252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 357-420 (89.2 - 105%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Thunder Punch (117 base power) vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 300-354 (76.1 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 195-230 (49.4 - 58.3%) -- 68% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • :sableye: Prankster enables several overwhelming defensive Pokemon such as Toxapex, Quagsire, and Amoonguss. In most AAA formats, Prankster comes at the opportunity cost of not running other key defensive abilities like Unaware and Regenerator, an opportunity cost not present in this format due to Pokebilities. Prankster severely limits counterplay to its users, as their normal weakness of speed has been removed. Standard counterplay like 2HKOing these mons with a faster wallbreaker is not possible with Prankster recovery moves, and having priority utility moves also lets these Pokemon be more disruptive to the opposing team.
  • :lunala: The combination of Regenerator and Shadow Shield is incredibly overwhelming, and makes defensive Pokemon with Regenerator (Toxapex, Reuniclus, Slowbro, etc.) incredibly hard to take down. All of these Pokemon become nigh-unkillable with the combination, and with Heavy Duty Boots or Magic Guard to ignore chip and hazard damage, they become even more unkillable.

Additionally, here is a list of things the council will be looking into in the future:
  • Toxapex: While the Prankster ban may keep it under control, Toxapex still has plenty of excellent options available (Mold Breaker, Volt Absorb, Magic Bounce, etc.) that let it wall a significant portion of the metagame.
  • Regenerator Cores: While 2 Ability Clause prevents you from giving Regenerator to more than 2 Pokemon per team, it does not apply to Pokemon who natively have Regenerator. As a result of this, many teams have been seen running upwards of 4 Regenerator Pokemon, who can easily shrug off damage while forming both potent defensive and offensive cores. Depending on how things go, we may end up limiting the number of Regenerator mons useable on a team.
  • Tapu Lele: This mon hits stupidly hard. Psychic and Moonblast blow through anything lacking a 4x resistance, and Focus Blast rounds out its coverage nicely. However, it's limited by its poor bulk and reliance on prediction to deal damage.
  • Reuniclus: Magic Guard and Regenerator is a potent ability combination, allowing Reuniclus to make use of abilities like Sheer Force and Psychic Surge (as well as being the primary user of the now-banned Shadow Shield).

4/21/21: Perrserker, Pangoro, Tapu Lele, Zamazenta-Crowned, Hypnosis, Sing and Sleep Powder banned; Clefable, Keldeo, and Zeraora unbanned; Regenerator limited to 2 Pokemon per team

6/29/21: Rillaboom and Blacephalon banned

Thanks everyone for reading, and we hope you enjoy PokeAAAbilities!
Don't know if responses are allowed, feel free to delete and I apologize if not. However, I wanted to bring up another ability for Hydreigon that I'm shocked hasn't gotten any attention payed to it. Dark Pulse becomes a base 120 power no drawback move with a 1/5 chance to flinch and Dragon Pulse becomes a 127 power move rounded down, being an absolute nuke when you add on stab, Hydreigon's insane coverage, solid bulk, and decent utility. If one desires, they can even go all out and use a Nasty Plot set and smash everything in your path wihtout Unaware. Hope this bit of information about a niche ability being easily abusable on an already great pokemon was helpful. Again, if replying isn't allowed, I apologize and feel free to delete this reply.

STABmons LC
Heya ! I'm here to share some thoughts on STABmons LC, a meta I've been playing lately...

Highlights
:ss/ponyta:
If there’s a magic pony in the story, chances are I’ll you'll read it.
Ponyta @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Eviolite / Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Lash / Sacred Fire
- High Horsepower
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun

Ponyta is one of the best wallbreaker and offensive threat of STABmons LC. Fire Lash can cripple probable switchins like Mareanie, Slowbro and Onix, so that it can guarantee KO on those with Wild Charge and High HorsePower. Being able to check stuff like Foongus is also notable. Thanks to its wonderful speed tier and already high attack, it can also perform as a mid/late game cleaner. Sacred Fire is also a stellar move choice as 50% burn chance is awesome. Morning Sun is for longetivity in the field.

:ss/archen:
Archaeopteryx into an earth-bound, feathered dinosaur. But it's not. It is a bird, a perching bird.
Archen @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Accelerock / Knock Off / Stealth Rock
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake / Knock Off

Another Offensive threat of the meta. Choice Scarf lets it outspeed the whole unboosted meta, furthering its capabilities as a cleaner and breaker. However, the player needs to be careful about defeatist and make sure Archen isn't chipped down to that range. Stealth Rock is also a premier option as it forces out a whole lotta mons.

:ss/mienfoo:
We are basically the Otters of the universe.
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat / Thunderous Kick
- No Retreat / Mach Punch
- U-turn

Mienfoo, thanks to its access to stuff like Mach Punch, Thunderous Kick and No Retreat, is yet again one of the premier offensive threats of the metagame. It can perform as an Offensive Pivot, Wall Breaker and Set-up Sweeper, all at once (it's just pretty amazing with role compression). The spread aims at maximizing its offensive capabilities. It's a stellar choice on literally any team archetype.

Other Threats :
Defensive

:mareanie: Premier defensive wall as well as Toxic Spikes User.
:spritzee: Another defensive wall. This one functions as a Knock absorber and Mienfoo check. Can also function as a wishpasser and glue mon
:munchlax: Now that it has access to Slack Off, Rapid Spin and Whirlwind, it's just REALLY GOOD imo.
Offensive
:ponyta-galar: Future Sight + Morning Sun and Calm mind + Psystrike sets are solid.
:elekid: Good breaker as well as offensive pivot.

Ground Types
:mudbray: Its access to stamina, Stealth Rock, Shore Up and Thousand Waves makes it a solid defensive tank as well as Stealth Rock setter.
:Onix: Best lead imo. Pretty solid both offensively and defensively.

Reader's Bonus :
THE The one GOAT great to a great extent STAB LC team :

:archen::mienfoo::spritzee::ponyta::munchlax::onix:

Please 'like' the post, lol.
Gimme council I have good ideas

Last edited:
Howcome Neutralizing Gas is allowed in Balanced Hackmons Doubles if it's banned in regular BH?
I assume because of double targetting, screwing over your own Pokemon as NG applies to your partners as well, and because set up strategies are not as prominent in doubles.
I could be wrong and missing other stuff, but that’s what I think.

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
:SS/sandslash: Pokébilities Ban Slate #2! :ss/cinderace:
The PokéMnM council has had some discussions and have decided to restrict :cinderace:Cinderace, :sandslash:Sand Veil and :sandslash-alola:Snow Cloak!

:Cinderace:Cinderace was restricted because it was too strong offensively and had almost no counterplay, along with being too restrictive to teambuild against. It was able to run a :lucarionite:Lucarionite to hit as hard as possible with 2x power on all its moves, or :lopunnite:Lopunnite to outpace other Cinderace and reduce its Stealth Rock weakness. Both stones would push Cinderace over 400 Attack and Speed easily, so outpacing and countering them was even harder. Along with this, its coverage in Pyro Ball, High Jump Kick, Gunk Shot, Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, Sucker Punch, and U-Turn would force every game to come down to if Cinderace had coverage to tear a certain defensive core apart for its teammates to clean.

:Sandslash:Sand Veil and :sandslash-alola:Snow Cloak were both restricted for simply being uncompetitive. Being able to evade attacks 20% of the time every turn was simply not fun to face in Sand and Hail, and so has had appropriate action. Sadly, this does mean that :beartic:Beartic, :diglett:Diglett, :dugtrio:Dugtrio,:sandshrew:Sandshrew, and:sandslash:Sandslash are restricted by technicality for the time being.
E: Restricted by technicality, not banned.

We are keeping an eye on potentially unhealthy elements of the metagame, and will take possible action on said issues if needs be. Feel free to DM me what Pokémon you think that might be unhealthy on Discord @ Clastia#6682.

Last edited:
Guys, I'm here with a STABmons Mix and Mega announcement. The suspect is over, and...
:ss/pheromosa:
With a majority of ~88.89%, PHEROMOSA HAS BEEN UNRESTRICTED FROM STABmons Mix and Mega.

List of votes:
PlayersDerpyBoiZephyr Dragon LordTranquilityWMARAggrometaileDddddsfavyrieChrome8
Final
VoteUnrestrict
Unrestrict​
UnrestrictUnrestrictUnrestrictUnrestrictAbstainUnrestrictUnrestrict

Thanks to all who voted.

Tagging CringeMeta to implement !

Last edited:

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
ULTRA MIX UPDATE!

Since OMs are moving to Nat Dex, the Ultra Mix Council has a big announcement to make.

:abra: :gastly: - Abra and Gastly are now unbanned! Abra and Gastly were originally banned due to their high base stats pre mega, which allowed them to run other items such as Choice Specs or Choice Scarf. However, with Pursuit returning, we have decided that these Choice locked sets, and even other sets, are much easier to punish and have a much higher risk than before and should be fine to unban.

Anyways, here are a few sets for each that you can use, along with some other cool new Pokemon that switching to Nat Dex will bring us!

Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Zap Cannon
- Hypnosis
- Glaciate
My old Haunter set but better, not much to say, sleep and para are broken.

Gastly @ Absolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
I feel like Grass/Ghost is a underrated STAB, this thing hits hard, and D-Bond can win games for you.

Abra @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Ancient Power
- Air Slash
- Astral Barrage
- Dazzling Gleam
If you cant beat your opponent, just hax them!

Happiny (F) @ Sablenite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD
Calm Nature
- Slack Off
- Hex
- Haze
- Toxic
Not a new mon but wanted to highlight this thing, 100 Hp and hits 255 in both defenses.

Shinx @ Metagrossite
Ability: Download
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
He's really cute and can use Sucker Punch, also pretty strong for such a cute guy!

Last edited:
ULTRA MIX UPDATE!

Since OMs are moving to Nat Dex, the Ultra Mix Council has a big announcement to make.

:abra: :gastly: - Abra and Gastly are now unbanned! Abra and Gastly were originally banned due to their high base stats pre mega, which allowed them to run other items such as Choice Specs or Choice Scarf. However, with Pursuit returning, we have decided that these Choice locked sets, and even other sets, are much easier to punish and have a much higher risk than before and should be fine to unban.

Anyways, here are a few sets for each that you can use, along with some other cool new Pokemon that switching to Nat Dex will bring us!

Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Zap Cannon
- Hypnosis
- Glaciate
My old Haunter set but better, not much to say, sleep and para are broken.

Gastly @ Absolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
I feel like Grass/Ghost is a underrated STAB, this thing hits hard, and D-Bond can win games for you.

Abra @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Ancient Power
- Air Slash
- Astral Barrage
- Dazzling Gleam
If you cant beat your opponent, just hax them!

Happiny (F) @ Sablenite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD
Calm Nature
- Slack Off
- Hex
- Haze
- Toxic
Not a new mon but wanted to highlight this thing, 100 Hp and hits 255 in both defenses.

Shinx @ Metagrossite
Ability: Download
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
He's really cute and can use Sucker Punch, also pretty strong for such a cute guy!
/tour new [Gen 8] Mix and Mega, Elimination,,,[Gen 8] Ultra Mix
/tour rules Alphabet Cup Move Legality, Camomons Mod, Scalemons Mod, Tier Shift Mod, !Obtainable Abilities, 2 Ability Clause, AAA Restricted Abilities, -Damp Rock, -Eviolite, -Heat Rock, -Light Ball, -Darumaka, -Darumaka-Galar, -Pikachu, -Raichu, -Raichu-Alola, -Shedinja, -Sneasel, -Arena Trap, -Contrary, -Fluffy, -Fur Coat, -Gorilla Tactics, -Huge Power, -Ice Scales, -Illusion, *Imposter, -Innards Out, -Intrepid Sword, -Libero, -Moody, -Neutralizing Gas, -Parental Bond, -Protean, -Pure Power, -Shadow Tag, -Simple, -Speed Boost, -Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, -Comatose ++ Sleep Talk, *Bolt Beak, *Double Iron Bash, *Electrify, *Extreme Speed, *Fishious Rend, *Geomancy, *Lovely Kiss, *Shell Smash, *Shift Gear, *Spore, *Sleep Powder, *Surging Strikes, *Thousand Arrows, +Calyrex-Ice, +Calyrex-Shadow, +Dialga, +Eternatus, +Gengar, +Giratina, +Groudon, +Ho-Oh, +Kyogre, +Kyurem-Black, +Kyurem-White, +Lugia, +Lunala, +Marshadow, +Melmetal, +Mewtwo, +Naganadel, +Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, +Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, +Palkia, +Pheromosa, +Rayquaza, +Regigigas, +Reshiram, +Urshifu, +Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, +Xerneas, +Yveltal, +Zacian, +Zekrom, +Zygarde-Complete
/tour autostart 10
/tour autodq 6
!rfaq Ultra Mix
/wall SAMPLE TEAMS: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/om-mashup-megathread.3657159/post-9152282
ACTUAL Ultra Mix Updates!

The above post is obviously an AFD joke, I'm just clarifying it here as it wasn't mentioned anywhere else and it's unlikely for people to read the date. DuckeryDoodle does not speak for the entire council.

With that out of the way, I'd like to announce that :chansey: Chansey has been restricted in Ultra Mix! Chansey has access to incredible bulk with most defensive stones, and an expanded movepool including the move Haze, an incredible buff for this mon, so the council has decided to restrict Chansey (Chansey is still allowed, but cannot hold a mega stone).
unown.png
unwown2.png

/tour rules Alphabet Cup Move Legality, Camomons Mod, Scalemons Mod, Tier Shift Mod, !Obtainable Abilities, 2 Ability Clause, AAA Restricted Abilities, -Damp Rock, -Eviolite, -Heat Rock, -Light Ball, -Darumaka, -Darumaka-Galar, -Pikachu, -Raichu, -Raichu-Alola, -Shedinja, -Sneasel, *Chansey, -Arena Trap, -Contrary, -Fluffy, -Fur Coat, -Gorilla Tactics, -Huge Power, -Ice Scales, -Illusion, *Imposter, -Innards Out, -Intrepid Sword, -Libero, -Moody, -Neutralizing Gas, -Parental Bond, -Protean, -Pure Power, -Shadow Tag, -Simple, -Speed Boost, -Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, -Comatose ++ Sleep Talk, *Bolt Beak, *Double Iron Bash, *Electrify, *Extreme Speed, *Fishious Rend, *Geomancy, *Lovely Kiss, *Shell Smash, *Shift Gear, *Spore, *Sleep Powder, *Surging Strikes, *Thousand Arrows, +Calyrex-Ice, +Calyrex-Shadow, +Dialga, +Eternatus, +Gengar, +Giratina, +Groudon, +Ho-Oh, +Kyogre, +Kyurem-Black, +Kyurem-White, +Lugia, +Lunala, +Marshadow, +Melmetal, +Mewtwo, +Naganadel, +Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, +Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, +Palkia, +Pheromosa, +Rayquaza, +Regigigas, +Reshiram, +Urshifu, +Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, +Xerneas, +Yveltal, +Zacian, +Zekrom, +Zygarde-Complete
/tour autostart 10
/tour autodq 6

/challenge [Gen 8] Mix and Mega @@@Alphabet Cup Move Legality,Camomons Mod,Scalemons Mod,Tier Shift Mod,!Obtainable Abilities,2 Ability Clause,AAA Restricted Abilities,-Damp Rock,-Eviolite,-Heat Rock,-Light Ball,-Darumaka,-Darumaka-Galar,-Pikachu,-Raichu,-Raichu-Alola,-Shedinja,-Sneasel,*Chansey,-Arena Trap,-Contrary,-Fluffy,-Fur Coat,-Gorilla Tactics,-Huge Power,-Ice Scales,-Illusion,*Imposter,-Innards Out,-Intrepid Sword,-Libero,-Moody,-Neutralizing Gas,-Parental Bond,-Protean,-Pure Power,-Shadow Tag,-Simple,-Speed Boost,-Water Bubble,-Wonder Guard,-Comatose ++ Sleep Talk,*Bolt Beak,*Double Iron Bash,*Electrify,*Extreme Speed,*Fishious Rend,*Geomancy,*Lovely Kiss,*Shell Smash,*Shift Gear,*Spore,*Sleep Powder,*Surging Strikes,*Thousand Arrows,+Calyrex-Ice,+Calyrex-Shadow,+Dialga,+Eternatus,+Gengar,+Giratina,+Groudon,+Ho-Oh,+Kyogre,+Kyurem-Black,+Kyurem-White,+Lugia,+Lunala,+Marshadow,+Melmetal,+Mewtwo,+Naganadel,+Necrozma-Dawn-Wings,+Necrozma-Dusk-Mane,+Palkia,+Pheromosa,+Rayquaza,+Regigigas,+Reshiram,+Urshifu,+Urshifu-Rapid-Strike,+Xerneas,+Yveltal,+Zacian,+Zekrom,+Zygarde-Complete

:ss/delibird: ULTRA MIX HUB :ss/munna:

Council:

:solgaleo: The Hisui Region
:diglett: DuckeryDoodle
:ekans: Clasmia

The most chaotic mashup ever. This format combines an astounding 6 OMs in Almost Any Ability, Alphabet Cup, Camomons, Mix and Mega, Scalemons, and Tier Shift, being, in my opinion, one of the most complicated formats playable on the main PS! server. There are endless possibilities regarding sets and teams, so the format is incredibly fun to build for and play. Although a not very popular OMM, I feel like it deserves more love and attention than the very small playerbase it currently has. In my opinion, the best tip for building is just finding broken combinations and then finding 'mons that can abuse those broken combinations. This is a detailed post that I made a while ago talking about Ultra Mix sets and gimmicks, and this is a calculator used to find the true stats of a Pokemon after Scalemons + Mix and Mega + Tier Shift.

Ultra Mix is playable on the main Pokemon Showdown! server in tournaments (OMM room) and challenges!
/tour rules Alphabet Cup Move Legality, Camomons Mod, Scalemons Mod, Tier Shift Mod, !Obtainable Abilities, 2 Ability Clause, AAA Restricted Abilities, -Damp Rock, -Eviolite, -Heat Rock, -Light Ball, -Abra, -Darumaka, -Darumaka-Galar, -Gastly, -Pikachu, -Raichu, -Raichu-Alola, -Shedinja, -Sneasel, -Arena Trap, -Contrary, -Fluffy, -Fur Coat, -Gorilla Tactics, -Huge Power, -Ice Scales, -Illusion, *Imposter, -Innards Out, -Intrepid Sword, -Libero, -Moody, -Neutralizing Gas, -Parental Bond, -Protean, -Pure Power, -Shadow Tag, -Simple, -Speed Boost, -Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, -Comatose ++ Sleep Talk, *Bolt Beak, *Double Iron Bash, *Electrify, *Extreme Speed, *Fishious Rend, *Geomancy, *Lovely Kiss, *Shell Smash, *Shift Gear, *Spore, *Sleep Powder, *Surging Strikes, *Thousand Arrows, +Calyrex-Ice, +Calyrex-Shadow, +Dialga, +Eternatus, +Gengar, +Giratina, +Groudon, +Ho-Oh, +Kyogre, +Kyurem-Black, +Kyurem-White, +Lugia, +Lunala, +Marshadow, +Melmetal, +Mewtwo, +Naganadel, +Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, +Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, +Palkia, +Pheromosa, +Rayquaza, +Regigigas, +Reshiram, +Urshifu, +Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, +Xerneas, +Yveltal, +Zacian, +Zekrom, +Zygarde-Complete
/tour autostart 10
/tour autodq 6
!rfaq Ultra Mix
/challenge [Gen 8] Mix and Mega @@@Alphabet Cup Move Legality,Camomons Mod,Scalemons Mod,Tier Shift Mod,!Obtainable Abilities,2 Ability Clause,AAA Restricted Abilities,-Damp Rock,-Eviolite,-Heat Rock,-Light Ball,-Abra,-Darumaka,-Darumaka-Galar,-Gastly,-Pikachu,-Raichu,-Raichu-Alola,-Shedinja,-Sneasel,-Arena Trap,-Contrary,-Fluffy,-Fur Coat,-Gorilla Tactics,-Huge Power,-Ice Scales,-Illusion,*Imposter,-Innards Out,-Intrepid Sword,-Libero,-Moody,-Neutralizing Gas,-Parental Bond,-Protean,-Pure Power,-Shadow Tag,-Simple,-Speed Boost,-Water Bubble,-Wonder Guard,-Comatose ++ Sleep Talk,*Bolt Beak,*Double Iron Bash,*Electrify,*Extreme Speed,*Fishious Rend,*Geomancy,*Lovely Kiss,*Shell Smash,*Shift Gear,*Spore,*Sleep Powder,*Surging Strikes,*Thousand Arrows,+Calyrex-Ice,+Calyrex-Shadow,+Dialga,+Eternatus,+Gengar,+Giratina,+Groudon,+Ho-Oh,+Kyogre,+Kyurem-Black,+Kyurem-White,+Lugia,+Lunala,+Marshadow,+Melmetal,+Mewtwo,+Naganadel,+Necrozma-Dawn-Wings,+Necrozma-Dusk-Mane,+Palkia,+Pheromosa,+Rayquaza,+Regigigas,+Reshiram,+Urshifu,+Urshifu-Rapid-Strike,+Xerneas,+Yveltal,+Zacian,+Zekrom,+Zygarde-Complete

Ruleset:

Clauses:
  • Dynamax Clause
  • Evasion Moves Clause
  • Endless Battle Clause
  • Nickname Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause Mod
  • Species Clause
Bans:
:abra: Abra
:darumaka: Darumaka
:darumaka-galar: Darumaka-Galar
:gastly: Gastly
:pikachu: Pikachu
:raichu: Raichu
:raichu-alola: Raichu-Alola
:shedinja: Shedinja
:sneasel: Sneasel
Damp Rock
Eviolite
Heat Rock
Arena Trap
Contrary
Fluffy
Fur Coat
Gorilla Tactics
Huge Power
Ice Scales
Illusion
Imposter (restricted to Ditto)
Innards Out
Intrepid Sword
Libero
Magnet Pull
Moody
Neutralizing Gas
Parental Bond
Protean
Pure Power
Shadow Tag
Stakeout
Simple
Speed Boost
Water Bubble
Wonder Guard
Comatose + Sleep Talk
These moves are restricted rather than banned (they can only be used on Pokémon that learn them naturally)
Bolt Beak
Double Iron Bash
Electrify
Extreme Speed
Fishious Rend
Geomancy
Lovely Kiss
Shell Smash
Shift Gear
Spore
Sleep Powder
Surging Strikes
Thousand Arrows

Resources:

:ditto: :munna: :butterfree: :oranguru: :sinistea: :whismur:
Ditto HO by The Hisui Region

:swoobat: :vibrava: :oranguru: :diglett: :kadabra: :ditto:
Swoobat Webs HO by DuckeryDoodle

:spheal: :kadabra: :haunter: :coalossal::rhyperior: :pichu:
Triple Wall BO by The Hisui Region & DuckeryDoodle
Since Ultra Mix combines AAA and Mix and Mega, both held items and abilities are added in the ranking

A Rank:

A+

:ditto: Ditto (Choice Scarf) (Imposter)
:oranguru: Oranguru (Heavy-Duty Boots, Leftovers, Life Orb) (Triage)

A

:diglett: Diglett (Steelixite) (Sand Stream)
:elekid: Elekid (Diancite) (Drought, Psychic Surge)
:kadabra: Kadabra (Absolite, Diancite) (Psychic Surge)
:wishiwashi: Wishiwashi (Lucarionite) (Download)

A-

:delibird: Delibird (Aerodactylite, Glalitite) (Download)
:spheal: Spheal (Manectite, Sablenite) (Dauntless Shield)
:vibrava: Vibrava (Aerodactylite, Lucarionite) (Download, Drought)
:whismur: Whismur (Swampertite) (Drizzle)

B Rank:

B+

:butterfree: Butterfree (Absolite, Pinsirite) (Download)
:dartrix: Dartrix (Latiasite) (Dauntless Shield, Flash Fire)
:pichu: Pichu (Aerodactylite, Lucarionite, Metagrossite) (Download, Drought)
:swoobat: Swoobat (Focus Sash) (Mold Breaker)

B

:duosion: Duosion (Latiasite, Sablenite) (Dauntless Shield)
:golett: Golett (Aerodactylite, Metagrossite) (Grassy Surge)
:haunter: Haunter (Life Orb) (No Guard)
:munchlax: Munchlax (Sablenite, Slowbronite) (Dauntless Shield)
:munna: Munna (Sablenite, Slowbronite) (Dauntless Shield)
:natu: Natu (Absolite, Manectite) (Dauntless Shield, Download)
:onix: Onix (Gyaradosite, Latiasite, Sablenite, Venusaurite) (Dauntless Shield, Flash Fire, Regenerator)
:regirock: Regirock (Latiasite, Sablenite) (Dauntless Shield, Flash Fire, Levitate)

B-

:coalossal: Coalossal (Tyranitarite, Sablenite) (Dauntless Shield, Sand Stream, Sap Sipper, Water Absorb)
:cutiefly: Cutiefly (Absolite, Lucarionite, Focus Sash) (Download, Mold Breaker)
:frosmoth: Frosmoth (Houndoominite) (Drought)
:hippopotas: Hippopotas (Tyranitarite, Sablenite) (Dauntless Shield, Sand Stream, Sap Sipper, Water Absorb)
:sinistea: Sinistea (Focus Sash) (Queenly Majesty)

C Rank:

C+

:reuniclus: Reuniclus (Absolite) (Psychic Surge)
:rhyperior: Rhyperior (Latiasite, Manectite, Sablenite) (Dauntless Shield, Levitate)
:zweilous: Zweilous (Life Orb) (Triage)

C

:mienfoo: Mienfoo (Lopunnite) (Download)
:ponyta: Ponyta (Houndoominite, Lucarionite) (Download, Drought, Magic Guard)
:sliggoo: Sliggoo (Manectite, Sablenite) (Dauntless Shield, Regenerator)
:smoochum: Smoochum (Absolite, Diancite) (Download, Psychic Surge)

C-

:cinccino: Cinccino (Aerodactylite, Metagrossite) (Download)
:farfetch Farfetch'd (Life Orb) (Magic Guard)
:magneton: Magneton (Life Orb) (Magic Guard)
:roselia: Roselia (Altarianite, Pinsirite) (Download, Intimidate, Magic Guard)
:ss/Accelgor: :ss/Corvisquire:
Accelgor @ Mental Herb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk
- Curse
- Final Gambit
- Simple Beam
- Sticky Web

Corvisquire @ Lopunnite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Roost/Recover
- Clangorous Soul
- Reversal

I’m not sure if this is the most optimal set up for this gimmick, but here we have Simple Beam+Trace. Simple is banned in a regular way, but you can still get Simple on a Pokemon still. If you use Simple Beam, then copy the ability with Trace, your Pokemon now has Simple to abuse.
Currently, both Omni-Boost moves are legal, so in 1 turn a Pokemon can get instant +2 stats with this strategy.
A similar strategy was used in Linked but with Simple Beam+Memento. Memento isn’t required, but it helps. Any Suicide move or simple switching does the job fine.
Accelgor was chosen because, as far as I know, it’s the fastest Pokemon to learn Simple Beam from its Pre-evolution. It also has access to 2 Suicide moves as well. Due to this strategy, I actually made Accelgor’s HP the lowest it can be just so Final Gambit does not KO the target. Accelgor also has Sticky Webs as well, and you can totally use Spikes or Stealth Rock as well.
Corvisquire in this Meta has access to Power Trip, is an NFE, and has C in it’s name for Clangorous Soul. After Loppunite, it has these stats.
HP: 68
Atk: 255
Def: 156
SpA: 117
SpD: 138
Spe: 231
Since Corvisquire’s Attacking moves are Power Trip and Reversal, it’s some what of a Anti-Ditto set, as Ditto can only break past its defenses with a Crit or Corvisquire is at +4. Unless you manage to get Ditto to 1 HP, it’s unlikely you’ll get to use Reversal. Meanwhile, Corvisquire can do that easily with Roost and Clangorous Soul. But only a fringe minority of Pokemon can take STAB Power Trip at +2 Omni Boosts from a Pokemon with literally 255 Atk. You would need to face a Fairy/Dark type or something for Power Trip to not KO everything in it’s path.
The EVs make sure Clangorous Soul will set its HP to 2 if used 3 times without taking damage. Attack is Maxed for Max damage, and the rest is invested into Speed since pre-Mega is not so fast. However you can invest the rest in bulk since it’s already fast enough.

With how complex this meta is, please let me know if there is a way to optimize this strategy even more, namely with speed.

Ducky

Aw Phooey
:ss/Accelgor: :ss/Corvisquire:
Accelgor @ Mental Herb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk
- Curse
- Final Gambit
- Simple Beam
- Sticky Web

Corvisquire @ Lopunnite
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Roost/Recover
- Clangorous Soul
- Reversal

I’m not sure if this is the most optimal set up for this gimmick, but here we have Simple Beam+Trace. Simple is banned in a regular way, but you can still get Simple on a Pokemon still. If you use Simple Beam, then copy the ability with Trace, your Pokemon now has Simple to abuse.
Currently, both Omni-Boost moves are legal, so in 1 turn a Pokemon can get instant +2 stats with this strategy.
A similar strategy was used in Linked but with Simple Beam+Memento. Memento isn’t required, but it helps. Any Suicide move or simple switching does the job fine.
Accelgor was chosen because, as far as I know, it’s the fastest Pokemon to learn Simple Beam from its Pre-evolution. It also has access to 2 Suicide moves as well. Due to this strategy, I actually made Accelgor’s HP the lowest it can be just so Final Gambit does not KO the target. Accelgor also has Sticky Webs as well, and you can totally use Spikes or Stealth Rock as well.
Corvisquire in this Meta has access to Power Trip, is an NFE, and has C in it’s name for Clangorous Soul. After Loppunite, it has these stats.
Atk: 255
Def: 156
Spe: 231
Since Corvisquire’s Attacking moves are Power Trip and Reversal, it’s some what of a Anti-Ditto set, as Ditto can only break past its defenses with a Crit or Corvisquire is at +4. Unless you manage to get Ditto to 1 HP, it’s unlikely you’ll get to use Reversal. Meanwhile, Corvisquire can do that easily with Roost and Clangorous Soul. But only a fringe minority of Pokemon can take STAB Power Trip at +2 Omni Boosts from a Pokemon with literally 255 Atk. You would need to face a Fairy/Dark type or something for Power Trip to not KO everything in it’s path.
The EVs make sure Clangorous Soul will set its HP to 2 if used 3 times without taking damage. Attack is Maxed for Max damage, and the rest is invested into Speed since pre-Mega is not so fast. However you can invest the rest in bulk since it’s already fast enough.

With how complex this meta is, please let me know if there is a way to optimize this strategy even more, namely with speed.
I'm so happy to see people theorymonning for Ultra Mix. I am a little concerned about how consistent that strategy can be with how popular Fairy-type walls such as Spheal are, and general plan of the strategy itself, but beyond that, here's one pretty simple change.

Corvisquire @ Lopunnite
EVs: 100 HP / 196 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Roost/Recover
- Clangorous Soul
- Reversal

Any stat above 249 hits overflow at max investment, so this EV spread makes Corvisquire faster without sacrificing any power. Anyways, please ask for Ultra Mix tours in OMM and let us know how this strategy worked out!

I'm so happy to see people theorymonning for Ultra Mix. I am a little concerned about how consistent that strategy can be with how popular Fairy-type walls such as Spheal are, and general plan of the strategy itself, but beyond that, here's one pretty simple change.

Corvisquire @ Lopunnite
EVs: 100 HP / 196 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Roost/Recover
- Clangorous Soul
- Reversal

Any stat above 249 hits overflow at max investment, so this EV spread makes Corvisquire faster without sacrificing any power. Anyways, please ask for Ultra Mix tours in OMM and let us know how this strategy worked out!
Thanks, but here are a few things.
1. Here is how much Power Trip does with +2 Omni Boosts with Corvisquire having that 255 Atk and Speal having Fairy and 255 Def.
+2 196+ Atk Corvisquire Power Trip (220 BP) vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Spheal: 236-278 (68.6 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 196+ Atk Corvisquire Power Trip (220 BP) vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Spheal: 236-278 (68.6 - 80.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after 3 layers of Spikes
That’s a lot of damage, but well worth it since it would be hard to get that many boosts to begin with. Corvisquire can also run other Stones with coverage like Flash Cannon on Mix sets or Cross Poison.

2. The site used for finding the stats might be inaccurate. Scaled regular Corvisquire has 120 Atk, 160 after tier shift, and should be 220 after Lopunnite, while doing Lopunnite first, we get 127 Atk, Scalemons making it 170, then TS making it 230. So Idk how the stats are calculated, but I don’t think it adds up properly.

3. Because it’s pretty easy to reach 255 or close to 0 Defense, I think there should be a clause against having 0 Defense and 0 Special Defense, which the original Scalemons has.

1. Here is how much Power Trip does with +2 Omni Boosts with Corvisquire having that 255 Atk and Speal having Fairy and 255 Def.
+2 196+ Atk Corvisquire Power Trip (220 BP) vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Spheal: 236-278 (68.6 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 196+ Atk Corvisquire Power Trip (220 BP) vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Spheal: 236-278 (68.6 - 80.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after 3 layers of Spikes
That’s a lot of damage, but well worth it since it would be hard to get that many boosts to begin with. Corvisquire can also run other Stones with coverage like Flash Cannon on Mix sets or Cross Poison.

2. The site used for finding the stats might be inaccurate. Scaled regular Corvisquire has 120 Atk, 160 after tier shift, and should be 220 after Lopunnite, while doing Lopunnite first, we get 127 Atk, Scalemons making it 170, then TS making it 230. So Idk how the stats are calculated, but I don’t think it adds up properly.

3. Because it’s pretty easy to reach 255 or close to 0 Defense, I think there should be a clause against having 0 Defense and 0 Special Defense, which the original Scalemons has.
there is an overflow clause that caps each base stat at 654 value, however any evs that would cause it to overflow are effectively wasted since you have the same stat either way

Ducky

Aw Phooey

1. Spheal should always be using Dauntless Shield as its ability, and with its 2 best stones being Sablenite and Manectite here are the actual calcs:
+2 196+ Atk Corvisquire Power Trip (220 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 196+ Def Spheal: 157-186 (45.6 - 54%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO
+1 196+ Atk Corvisquire Power Trip (200 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 196+ Def Spheal: 127-150 (36.9 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

and then Spheal's Strange Stream should almost always kill back
0 SpA Spheal Strange Steam vs. +2 100 HP / 0 SpD Corvisquire: 300-352 (99.3 - 116.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Spheal Strange Steam vs. +2 100 HP / 0 SpD Corvisquire: 328-388 (108.6 - 128.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

2. The stat changes from the mega stones also get scaled, which is why the calculator is giving different result than you were getting manually.

3. Chrome's answer above is correct, as al format except PH and AG (which UT just told me) have "Overflow Stat Mod" which prevents stats from overflowing to 0

Last edited:
1. Spheal should always be using Dauntless Shield as its ability, and with its 2 best stones being Sablenite and Manectite here are the actual calcs:
+2 196+ Atk Corvisquire Power Trip (220 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 196+ Def Spheal: 157-186 (45.6 - 54%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO
+1 196+ Atk Corvisquire Power Trip (200 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 196+ Def Spheal: 127-150 (36.9 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

and then Spheal's Strange Stream should almost always kill back
0 SpA Spheal Strange Steam vs. +2 100 HP / 0 SpD Corvisquire: 300-352 (99.3 - 116.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Spheal Strange Steam vs. +2 100 HP / 0 SpD Corvisquire: 328-388 (108.6 - 128.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Dauntless Shield matters, but Lopunnite gets Scrappy, which is immune to Intimidate.

2. The stat changes from the mega stones also get scaled, which is why the calculator is giving different result than you were getting manually.
So what’s the calculation to determine a Pokemon’s stats in this metagame?

Ducky

Aw Phooey
Dauntless Shield matters, but Lopunnite gets Scrappy, which is immune to Intimidate.
Forgot about that, doesnt change too much though
So what’s the calculation to determine a Pokemon’s stats in this metagame?
Tbh, I'm not 100% sure myself, i just mostly stick to the calculator. But i think you should try scaling the mega stone as a individual pokemon and see how it works, idk what hp stat to use though

Tbh, I'm not 100% sure myself, i just mostly stick to the calculator. But i think you should try scaling the mega stone as a individual pokemon and see how it works, idk what hp stat to use though
Alright, let's look at the Stat Changes then.

corvisquire with no stone:
Atk: 160
Def: 138
Spe: 177

corvisquire with lopunnite:
Atk: 255 (+95)
Def: 156 (+18)
Spe: 231 (+54)

Compared to Lopunnite, that's a 1.8x scale, besides Atk since that is cut off by Max Base Stat of 255.

Since Mega Stones give a 100 BST boost aside from HP, all their scales should be 6x the boost, which clearly isn't the case.

Also, the scale boost Corvisquire to it's stats are (600 - 68)/(365 - 68) = 532/297 = 1.7912~ which is pretty close to the 1.8x boost we see given to lopunnite. 1.7912 * 30 = 53.736

So here is how I think the stats work. Corvisquire first calculates the scale bonus with its normal stats and saves that value. After its stats are Scaled, the tier shift bonus is applied. After Corvisquire Mega Evolves, the scale bonus Corvisquire original had is applied to Lopunnite, where it is then finally added to Corvisquire's states.

So we have;
(Stat*OGScale Bonus) + TS Bonus + (Mega Bonus*OGScale Bonus) as how stats are determined, being risen to or lowered to 1 or 255 respectfully. I don't know when the stats are rounded down or when they are rounded up, but that would be the difference of 1 point anyways.

Edit: Also, be careful how you type in alternate forms
wishiwashi-school with no stone:
HP: 45
Atk: 139
Def: 139
SpA: 172
SpD: 172
Spe: 131

wishiwashi school with no stone:
Atk: 175
Def: 165
SpA: 175
SpD: 170
Spe: 68

wishiwashi with no stone:
Atk: 125
Def: 125
SpA: 146
SpD: 146
Spe: 210

Putting a "-" between "Wishiwashi" and "School" drastically changes the outcome, where the one a space is the correct one to use

Edit2: Just to not double post.
:ss/Orbeetle:
Oranguru is considered S rank in this metagame, but Orbeetle is no where to be seen.
Stat wise, Oranguru is slightly bulkier and hits harder.
oranguru with no stone:
HP: 90
Atk: 116
Def: 142
SpA: 154
SpD: 180
Spe: 116

orbeetle with no stone:
HP: 60
Atk: 94
Def: 173
SpA: 137
SpD: 185
Spe: 149
However the difference in bulk is basically non-existent on the physical side.
252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def (Flying/Electric) Orbeetle: 82-97 (25.3 - 29.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def (Flying/Electric) Oranguru: 96-113 (25 - 29.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
And their offenses are more noticeable, but are still small differences.
252+ SpA Orbeetle Oblivion Wing vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Conkeldurr: 422-498 (120.2 - 141.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Oranguru Oblivion Wing vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Conkeldurr: 458-542 (130.4 - 154.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
However, Orbeetle is significantly faster than Oranguru and the higher Def means Orbeetle will have a stronger Body Press, something Oranguru doesn't get as an option.
There is also Orbeetle's access to B and D moves. This lets Orbeetle gain access to Blizzard, Belly Drum, Bolt Strike, Blue Flare, Boomburst, Defense Order, Defog, Destiny Bond, Discharge, Doom Desire, Dragon Energy, Draining Kiss, Drain Punch, Diamond Storm, and Dark Pulse.
And to be fair, Oranguru gets Nasty Plot, which is better than Calm Mind, but Orbeetle has a lot more versatility thanks to its wider movepool. The standard Oranguru set can be swapped out with Orbeetle with Discharge, Calm Mind, and Blue Flare, and it's already close to the original, if not arguably better. It can run other sets, like Belly Drum with Unburden or Triage, Bulky Body Press, Stored Power, Sticky Webs setter, Defog, Steelbro with Doom Desire, and I'd imagine can utilize Mega Stone like Pidgeotite with Hypnosis and Blue Flare, Glalitite Special and Physical, Sablenite, ect.

Last edited:

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
Alright, let's look at the Stat Changes then.

corvisquire with no stone:
Atk: 160
Def: 138
Spe: 177

corvisquire with lopunnite:
Atk: 255 (+95)
Def: 156 (+18)
Spe: 231 (+54)

Compared to Lopunnite, that's a 1.8x scale, besides Atk since that is cut off by Max Base Stat of 255.

Since Mega Stones give a 100 BST boost aside from HP, all their scales should be 6x the boost, which clearly isn't the case.

Also, the scale boost Corvisquire to it's stats are (600 - 68)/(365 - 68) = 532/297 = 1.7912~ which is pretty close to the 1.8x boost we see given to lopunnite. 1.7912 * 30 = 53.736

So here is how I think the stats work. Corvisquire first calculates the scale bonus with its normal stats and saves that value. After its stats are Scaled, the tier shift bonus is applied. After Corvisquire Mega Evolves, the scale bonus Corvisquire original had is applied to Lopunnite, where it is then finally added to Corvisquire's states.

So we have;
(Stat*OGScale Bonus) + TS Bonus + (Mega Bonus*OGScale Bonus) as how stats are determined, being risen to or lowered to 1 or 255 respectfully. I don't know when the stats are rounded down or when they are rounded up, but that would be the difference of 1 point anyways.

Edit: Also, be careful how you type in alternate forms
wishiwashi-school with no stone:
Atk: 139
Def: 139
SpA: 172
SpD: 172
Spe: 131

wishiwashi school with no stone:
Atk: 175
Def: 165
SpA: 175
SpD: 170
Spe: 68

wishiwashi with no stone:
Atk: 125
Def: 125
SpA: 146
SpD: 146
Spe: 210

Putting a "-" between "Wishiwashi" and "School" drastically changes the outcome, where the one a space is the correct one to use

Edit2: Just to not double post.
:ss/Orbeetle:
Oranguru is considered S rank in this metagame, but Orbeetle is no where to be seen.
Stat wise, Oranguru is slightly bulkier and hits harder.
oranguru with no stone:
HP: 90
Atk: 116
Def: 142
SpA: 154
SpD: 180
Spe: 116

orbeetle with no stone:
HP: 60
Atk: 94
Def: 173
SpA: 137
SpD: 185
Spe: 149
However the difference in bulk is basically non-existent on the physical side.
252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def (Flying/Electric) Orbeetle: 82-97 (25.3 - 29.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def (Flying/Electric) Oranguru: 96-113 (25 - 29.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
And their offenses are more noticeable, but are still small differences.
252+ SpA Orbeetle Oblivion Wing vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Conkeldurr: 422-498 (120.2 - 141.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Oranguru Oblivion Wing vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Conkeldurr: 458-542 (130.4 - 154.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
However, Orbeetle is significantly faster than Oranguru and the higher Def means Orbeetle will have a stronger Body Press, something Oranguru doesn't get as an option.
There is also Orbeetle's access to B and D moves. This lets Orbeetle gain access to Blizzard, Belly Drum, Bolt Strike, Blue Flare, Boomburst, Defense Order, Defog, Destiny Bond, Discharge, Doom Desire, Dragon Energy, Draining Kiss, Drain Punch, Diamond Storm, and Dark Pulse.
And to be fair, Oranguru gets Nasty Plot, which is better than Calm Mind, but Orbeetle has a lot more versatility thanks to its wider movepool. The standard Oranguru set can be swapped out with Orbeetle with Discharge, Calm Mind, and Blue Flare, and it's already close to the original, if not arguably better. It can run other sets, like Belly Drum with Unburden or Triage, Bulky Body Press, Stored Power, Sticky Webs setter, Defog, Steelbro with Doom Desire, and I'd imagine can utilize Mega Stone like Pidgeotite with Hypnosis and Blue Flare, Glalitite Special and Physical, Sablenite, ect.
Oranguru's strength comes in it natively learning Nasty Plot, something which Orbeetle does not learn. Also, Oranguru runs Max SpA to hit as hard as possible with Triage Oblivion Wing as to not be KO'd on the next hit. Pidgeotite is banned as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)