SS OU OLHA O MACACO! / Rillaboom + Cleric Umbreon Balanced - Vagner com V TOP 10 SS OU Ladder PEAK

Vorulito

formerly PedroGreg
is a Top Tiering Contributor
1200px-812Rillaboom.pngSMArt_Tapu_Lele.png1200px-445Garchomp.png641-therian.png485.png1200px-197Umbreon.png
OLHA O MACACO!

Screenshot_3.png

Hello friends, after posting a team here i was very happy that some people liked it and mainly that i found other people using it on the ladder, thank you very much! because of that i will share with you a second team that i did and explain all its construction.

Well, just an addendum before we start the presentation of my team, you will notice that my GXE is not the best, but that does not mean that the team is bad, quite the contrary, my goal here was to test many teams to bring something interesting for you, and in the course of the process I ended up building a lot of bad teams, which made the GXE of this account drop considerably, however when building this team I had a significant improvement and went up very quickly in the ladder, I hope this is not such an impacting factor for who wants to test or at least give a chance to analyze this team while reading.

Introduction

Well, basically this was a team made to play around Rillaboom, which is one of the pokémons that I most like to use in the SS OU metagame.
Rillaboom has access to an incredible ability that makes it have enormous destructive power, and in addition it has another effect that turns out to be a type of leftovers. thinking about these aspects, I decided to start building my team around him, and after several games played, noticing possible threats that were very common in the metagame, I added the mons that I considered ideal for the team.

1200px-812Rillaboom.png

Team development
As it is said in the introduction, Grassy Surge acts as a different type of leftovers, because of this effect that I consider incredible I decided to put a mon that I wanted to build for a long time, Umbreon.
Umbreon is incredibly bulky and because of the grassy terrain he becomes extremely difficult to kill on both sides, as he will have leftovers + grassy surge + protect, which means 12% hp per turn. in relation to your set I put a standard set of Cleric, because Rillaboom is a Pokémon that needs a lot of assistance, either for having to deal with Paralyse from Zapdos, damage from Rocky Helmet+Iron babs/Rough Skin, or possible burn from Moltres or Heatran of flame body. After this basic explanation I gave about Umbreon I felt a perfect marriage not only of him + Rilaboom, but of him with the whole team, because it is really safe to do the function of cleric with Umbreon inside Grassy Terrain.

1200px-197Umbreon.png

The next mon chosen was one that i usually leave for the end of my teams, however i felt that he could already be placed because he has excellent supports that help him to do his job with ease.
Heatran.
Heatran I like to use with a set slightly different from the conventional one, I use it with Protect> Toxic, because you can defeat practically everything in 1v1 after you arrest with magma storm, mainly Slowking G with eq and Slowking. not to mention that leftovers + protect makes you end up recovering a lot of your life lost in the course of the battle, safely, and with the help of grass terrain, doing a function similar to what was benefited for Umbreon.
Another big reason I chose to put him on the team so early was that Umbreon, having access to foul play causes one of Heatran's biggest threats (DD dnite) to be nullified.
485.png
Here we are already going to the fourth pokémon, and we still don't have any kind of hazard control, so I felt that it was already more than time to put one.
it was then that I put Tornadus T, because the team was still a little slow and tornadus has this function of being a good form of speed control, it also covers weaknesses of fighter-type blows, which until now we have two and no resistance, and it can also be used to play more aggressively against urshifu as it practically destroys the team by clicking surging Strikes or Close Combat (no, Rillaboom is not a good option to enter Surging Strikes Urshifu, trust me: p)
we have access to regenerator one of the best skills in the game, and it makes the team have a lot of life recovery for everything that has already been presented, in relation to the EV spread I used the same one from the previous team, because it is enough base speed enough to pass pokemons with base speed of 110. in exchange for getting a little bulkier on the defensive special side.

641-therian.png

The next mon chosen was Garchomp, this time I chose Fat Chomp, because I felt that Urshifu needed to be punished in some way, he was one of the pokémons that were most destroying my team since he had nothing decent to go into surging strikes or close combat , so chomp comes in as a way to punish him, if he decides to give Close Combat it will be bad, but it is not all bad, as we will have Tornadus to enter safely later.
in relation to the set, I put toxic to deal with mons especially, it has the function of canceling Rillabom as Mandibuzz / Zapdos / * Landorus and fire Blast for Ferrothron / Skarmory / Corviknight.
1200px-445Garchomp.png

And here we come to the end, I wanted a Pokémon that was fast and at the same time with destructive power, because I don't feel comfortable playing with slow teams, I don't consider my faster mon to be a 100% functional form of speed control, because after all, still there are still a lot of things that will happen to me, it was then that I chose to put Tapu Lele, yes, it can be a little contradictory that I spoke so well about Grass Terrain and how it suits my team all the time, and right after that put something that takes it away. but trust me, scarf lele is surprisingly good in the current metagame, she has the function of outspeeding Dpult / Weavile and nullifying Sucker Punch Bisharp, and yet having colossal damage, in short she is the queen vs Ofense, she was defensive so that I won many games and managed to get out of the trash and go to luxury.

SMArt_Tapu_Lele.png

Possible changes

Magnezone can be a good choice for this team, since it has the function of arresting Corvknight and mainly Ferrothron, which are great threats for Rillaboom and Tapu Lele, but for my own reasons I ended up preferring Heatran, because I find him a much more complete and impactful pokémon, I think Magzone is very dependent on MU.
Magnezone.png

Thank you very much to those who followed the process, feel free to comment on something / make a review, I love interacting!

The Team
https://pokepast.es/332471091e79aedc

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As a resident boomer of the gorilla (seriously like half my teams use this mon), I love seeing teams that explore ways to use it. Something I've always noticed, though, is that when I don't outright pair it with magnezone, it can have difficulty breaking through some team archetypes when it's banded. I don't want to change the composition of your team too much, especially since you're going out of your way to explore umbreon in OU, so I don't really wanna change any mons. That being said, though, I feel some moveset tweaks might help rillaboom out, while making the team stronger overall.

Toxic>Protect on heatran might be something to consider. I understand the reasons you have protect, especially with grassy terrain, but I feel Toxic is stronger. Something I noticed is that that you don't have much in the ways of dealing with urshifu, and to a lesser extent offensive garchomp. You only have one regenerator mon in Torn, so it can come in and click CC almost for free or gain momentum with U-Turn any time Tran or Umbreon are on the field thanks to Unseen Fist. Toxic on Tran at least lets you catch it on the switch so you can pivot around on its moves and mitigate the damage while racking up chip. It also makes it so that you can Toxic garchomp and wall forever with umbreon, mitigating the need to play around it. I think it's worth trying so that these two aren't such big threats to the team. On top of that, it helps you deal with slowking much easier. Toxic > switch, then magma > taunt > earth power is an easy sequence to beat slowking 1v1 while still retaining about 30% HP, which still lets it sit on clef or corv for a few turns afterwards.

To my point in the first paragraph, corviknight sits on most of the mons on your team. Heatran, and to a lesser extent garchomp, are the only two mons on your team that can damage it. Lele too kinda but that requires hitting two focus blasts in a row, leading to a 49% chance all damage is roosted away. Thunderbolt > Psyshock I something I'd consider. Without specs psyshock is pretty weak, so you're not losing much in the way of damage output, and it lets you hit Corviknight with the benefit of chipping slowking for potential cleaning with lele later on in the match (especially if paired with toxic tran). Specs or Calm mind could be worth looking at but that makes your team really slow and you'd probably have to shuffle around other mons to make that work so I don't really think that's necessary.

Outside of that, I don't have much else to suggest. CM clef could be dangerous if Tran gets overloaded but should be manageable with offensive pressure, and clearly this team works given your ladder peak. You could try taunt on torn to alleviate that but I don't think it's necessary. Cool team, hope these changes help.

Vorulito

formerly PedroGreg
As a resident boomer of the gorilla (seriously like half my teams use this mon), I love seeing teams that explore ways to use it. Something I've always noticed, though, is that when I don't outright pair it with magnezone, it can have difficulty breaking through some team archetypes when it's banded. I don't want to change the composition of your team too much, especially since you're going out of your way to explore umbreon in OU, so I don't really wanna change any mons. That being said, though, I feel some moveset tweaks might help rillaboom out, while making the team stronger overall.

Toxic>Protect on heatran might be something to consider. I understand the reasons you have protect, especially with grassy terrain, but I feel Toxic is stronger. Something I noticed is that that you don't have much in the ways of dealing with urshifu, and to a lesser extent offensive garchomp. You only have one regenerator mon in Torn, so it can come in and click CC almost for free or gain momentum with U-Turn any time Tran or Umbreon are on the field thanks to Unseen Fist. Toxic on Tran at least lets you catch it on the switch so you can pivot around on its moves and mitigate the damage while racking up chip. It also makes it so that you can Toxic garchomp and wall forever with umbreon, mitigating the need to play around it. I think it's worth trying so that these two aren't such big threats to the team. On top of that, it helps you deal with slowking much easier. Toxic > switch, then magma > taunt > earth power is an easy sequence to beat slowking 1v1 while still retaining about 30% HP, which still lets it sit on clef or corv for a few turns afterwards.

To my point in the first paragraph, corviknight sits on most of the mons on your team. Heatran, and to a lesser extent garchomp, are the only two mons on your team that can damage it. Lele too kinda but that requires hitting two focus blasts in a row, leading to a 49% chance all damage is roosted away. Thunderbolt > Psyshock I something I'd consider. Without specs psyshock is pretty weak, so you're not losing much in the way of damage output, and it lets you hit Corviknight with the benefit of chipping slowking for potential cleaning with lele later on in the match (especially if paired with toxic tran). Specs or Calm mind could be worth looking at but that makes your team really slow and you'd probably have to shuffle around other mons to make that work so I don't really think that's necessary.

Outside of that, I don't have much else to suggest. CM clef could be dangerous if Tran gets overloaded but should be manageable with offensive pressure, and clearly this team works given your ladder peak. You could try taunt on torn to alleviate that but I don't think it's necessary. Cool team, hope these changes help.
Thank you very much for the advice, you really said important things, in fact this team suffers a lot against urshifu, at first my Stealth Rock user was defensive Swampert, and I ended up considering putting a fat chomp in place to have one more way (not very efficient : p) to damage Corviknight/Skarmory due to fire blast, while I can punish a little Urshifu with Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin damage.

In relation to Heatran, Toxic is really something to consider, although I still prefer protect, because I really like the idea of leftovers + grassy terrain, but I fully understand your point, and I think it is very good.
and the thing that caught my attention the most in your advice was Tbolt>Psyshock in Scarf Lele, because in fact, it's rare that I end up choosing to click Psyshock, as I know the damage won't be as satisfactory, unlike tbolt, which will be effective vs Corviknight
252+ SpA Tapu Lele Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 88 SpD Corviknight: 224-264 (56 - 66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Ty very much bro!

Vorulito

formerly PedroGreg
Mind if I steal this? Umbreon's my favorite pokemon and I applaud you for getting as high as top 10 with him.
of course you can take it! my teams are available to everyone, whether to pick them up or to help with possible corrections, I'm glad you liked the team ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)