Official Smogon Tournament XII - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did I almost have a heart attack? Yes. Did I almost start mourning? Yes. BUT THE LORDDDD JESUS CHRIST :P WAS WITH ME! #MON6GOD

G1: Most Retarded Game Ever
G2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-344983551
G3: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-344988964

Shoutouts: Everyone in fb group you know who u are, especially iloveleaguemd,obii,hector hard mode,chainy,tdk,blunderr,and others i have forgotten and always special shoutout to my homies iamgingy and mattybrollic

Probably because after winning a hard-fought and very close series against a worthy opponent he made an obnoxious post proclaiming to be divinely-inspired without making any attempt to acknowledge or respect his opponent. It's one thing to be happy but no one likes an arrogant winner
The #mon6god might have been a little much, but I think he largely acknowledged the fact that it was a hard fought battle quite a bit considering he said he almost had a heart attack and the lord was with him etc etc.
You're right to say that no one likes an arrogant winner, but he may not have intended to come off as arrogant. You could always shoot him a pm instead of calling him out in a thread for everyone to see. The less drama, the better.

Inferno Moose

Banned deucer.
The #mon6god might have been a little much, but I think he largely acknowledged the fact that it was a hard fought battle quite a bit considering he said he almost had a heart attack and the lord was with him etc etc.
You're right to say that no one likes an arrogant winner, but he may not have intended to come off as arrogant. You could always shoot him a pm instead of calling him out in a thread for everyone to see. The less drama, the better.
The more drama the better lol, these threads need to be interesting

Ricardo

Banned deucer.
lol, njnp can't even thank his friends for helping him prep for ost?
What a fucking joke, some people...

shartruce

Chartreuse Charmanders/ US WEST 2015!
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
stath said he couldn't make it today, we should be able to get this done tomorrow though, sorry about the wait

What the fuck is wrong with stall, it's a playstyle like any other.
It's a gimmicky tactic that allows you to simply make the safe play every turn and be rewarded for it, while your opponent actually has to have specific stall breakers and make plays/rely on luck to win.
Look at a team like wondertrio, just by making safe switches and bouncing enemy rocks/trapping mini threats/setup sweepers this team is intended to be unbeatable.
After all of the stall-favored bans, it's by far the easiest and most reliable team design for winning games, thus why most people choose to not respect regular stall users.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
It's a gimmicky tactic that allows you to simply make the safe play every turn and be rewarded for it, while your opponent actually has to have specific stall breakers and make plays/rely on luck to win.
Look at a team like wondertrio, just by making safe switches and bouncing enemy rocks/trapping mini threats/setup sweepers this team is intended to be unbeatable.
After all of the stall-favored bans, it's by far the easiest and most reliable team design for winning games, thus why most people choose to not respect regular stall users.
LOL WHAT!

Ricardo

Banned deucer.
I think you're wrong on some shit you said.
Just bringing stall is a risk itself since it's a matchup reliant playstyle, it's almost impossible to outplay matchup with stall since it's designed for you to make safe plays.
And playing stall safely as you say is just a free win to any good opp since they know how to capitalize on the playstyle.
Stall is an easy playstyle to use but hard to master, try playing stall and you will most likely choke along the way since most games take a lot of time and toll on you a lot, especially vs good opps.
Don't take away from the playstyle and hate it just because it's a common thing to do.
And inb4 ''you're saying that just because you play stall'' I almost never play stall

Inferno Moose

Banned deucer.
I think you're wrong on some shit you said.
Just bringing stall is a risk itself since it's a matchup reliant playstyle, it's almost impossible to outplay matchup with stall since it's designed for you to make safe plays.
And playing stall safely as you say is just a free win to any good opp since they know how to capitalize on the playstyle.
Stall is an easy playstyle to use but hard to master, try playing stall and you will most likely choke along the way since most games take a lot of time and toll on you a lot, especially vs good opps.
Don't take away from the playstyle and hate it just because it's a common thing to do.
And inb4 ''you're saying that just because you play stall'' I almost never play stall
Crazy thing was that njnp played terribly but was bailed out by the fact he used stall.

Inferno Moose

Banned deucer.
if u dont want to lose to stall then prepare for it and no number of outplays by your stall-playing opponent will allow him to win

this is ost. people are going to bring stall in the early rounds

playing shartruce later today sorry for the delay
Its not the fact he brought stall, its that he haxed and didn't show his opponent any respect in his victory post. Stall is Stall, u can use it all u want. But when you hax and disregard your opponent, and shout out ppl like they helped you win. I have a problem with that.

Its not the fact he brought stall, its that he haxed and didn't show his opponent any respect in his victory post. Stall is Stall, u can use it all u want. But when you hax and disregard your opponent, and shout out ppl like they helped you win. I have a problem with that.
true i also thought it was a bit self-important to do shoutouts and be disrespectful after haxing through an early round of a tournament nobody really cares about, but not sure if it was so bad that it was worth calling out

Ricardo

Banned deucer.
Did u watch the replay? NJNP has amazing matchup, and yet he would have lost if he had hit willo on the slowbro
I also saw his opp playing bad around the slowbro with amoonguss.
I agree with stathakis, it may have not been the best action for njnp to do but it certainly wasn't enough for you to call out and create all this pointless banter. He won, nothing we can say or do will change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)