Official Pizza Topping Tier List

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Chill, you of all people should know the greasier the pizza, the better!
Pizza is supposed to be greasy, yeah, but when a single pie looks like you strained the foreheads of every high school school student in a 50 mile radius it gets to be a bit much. Pepperoni tends to make it go towards that end of the scale.

Chilly I think you're underranking Onions and Spinach just a tad, probably because you personally don't like them. I realize you are assuming all of these as single entities, which makes the Onions a little more understandable, but Spinach? Spinach is a fantastic standalone topping on a good slice of New York pizza.
I would agree, but I underranked these because they work better in combination with other ingredients. Most of the other toppings can stand alone quite well without other toppings.

Finally, Margherita pizza isn't a topping, but damn is it good.
Fucking agreed. In fact, this leads me to do another power ranking:

OFFICIAL COMBINATION PIZZA POWER RANKING

1. Sausage, Pepper, and Onion
2. Garbage (everything on it)
3. Buffalo Chicken
4. Margherita/Marguerite
5. Veggie Lovers
6. Meat Lovers

9001. Barbeque Chicken
9002. Ham and Pineapple

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, are you kidding me? I've been eating pizza for a very long time, and I've never seen a tier list this bad.

Pizza is all about meat and cheese, end of discussion. Chicken is of course an option alongside this, but anything else is really just dragging the pizza down. Also pineapple is a fruit. a sweet fruit. The mere fact that it isn't drcossack tier completely ruins any integrity this list has.

If you're not having a meat and cheese (or possibly cheese) pizza, you're not having a real pizza.

EDIT: I do approve of the complex banning of ham+pineapple, well, since it contains pineapple.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
It's called balance, man. You don't run a team of six sweepers or six walls, you need to have a little of both for maximum success. Pineapple is the best ingredient to provide sweet, sweet balance to all the savory of a meat overload. Peppers are bitter, and tasteless in the case of bell peppers so they really suck, and neither mushrooms nor olives are actually sweet.

Pineapple is like that gimmick people use for a month because it's in and then everybody sort of forgets about it and goes back to pepperoni or bacon or beef or whatever else they were using before

Why does everyone hate bell peppers so much, they aren't that bad. They add a little veggie flavor to the pizza, which can be good. The thing to remember is that you have to put some serious meat next to them, but whatever. Better than fucking mushroom or olives, at least. But as long as you're going for peppers on pizza, jalapenos are unrivaled for their flavor and heat. If it's too much for you, banana peppers are great for a sharp, but extremely sweet, taste. Onions are also tasty, but again, you need some serious meat next to em.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ranch dressing does NOT bake well. Trust me, I've tried. Also Bell peppers are bland on their own, but they go a long way to contrast and soften the overwhelming meat taste of a meat lovers pizza, creating a very nice, savory blend.

ranch dressing is not great of a pizza topping in the sense that you put it on before baking the pizza, but it is a great post-bake condiment with pizza.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
jesus christ why are people still posting in this thread about pizza toppings

i mean the op hasnt been updated in almost 2 weeks??? were not gonna get an accurate list at this point

in fact, if you move ground beef up to mid-tier, the list looks pretty much perfect!

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
my favorite pizza is buffalo chicken with green peppers and onions
but everything should be diced up nice and thin
and i can only eat it in a basement with some buddies and a few beers
while playing video games
for ultimate fat

Why is cheese not in a tier? Seeing as most people put cheese on their pizza and most people I know consider cheese to be amazing.

If pizza were Pokémon, it would be considered overcentralising, overpowered, and would be banned to Ubers, so why is it not a tier here?

Cooky

Banned deucer.
Why is cheese not in a tier? Seeing as most people put cheese on their pizza and most people I know consider cheese to be amazing.

If pizza were Pokémon, it would be considered overcentralising, overpowered, and would be banned to Ubers, so why is it not a tier here?
thats like saying why not ban pokemon from having moves because every poemon has moves therefore it is overcentralising

sounds retarded. mostly because it is a bit

most people do not consider cheese a "topping"

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
If cheese is a topping, sauce is a topping. And sauce isn't a topping, it's just an essential base element of a pizza.

I actually used to pick the cheese off of school pizzas back in the day. Any self-respecting adult would realize that those barely even qualify as real pizza, though. Blech. :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)