Official NBA Transactions Thread!

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
Hey, everyone! I know there's already an Official NBA 2011-2012 thread, but I thought it would be cool if I could update everyone on current trades, signings, etc. NBA trade deadline is on Thursday, March 15, so be sure to check back for more info! Feel free to Luvdisc this thread!

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
The Golden State Warriors are planning on sending Monta Ellis, along with forward Ekpe Udoh, and the injured center Kwame Brown to the Milwaukee Bucks for the talented center Andrew Bogut, and Stephen Jackson. The Bucks are planning on starting Monta Ellis with Brandon Jennings in the backcourt, forming a duo of two All-Star snubs. Discuss!

The two best players on the warriors (Curry and Bogut) are insanely injury prone, thats going to be a big problem sooner or later.

That being said, the Warriors won this trade by a mile. Ellis is an elite scorer, but hes undersized and shares nearly identical skill sets with curry which has led to an overlap these past couple years. Ellis really had to go assuming they got something good in return and Bogut more than qualifies as that.

There are very few quality Centers in the league and no one knows that better than the warriors, theyve been trying to get 1 for years and recently failed to get Deandre Jordan (which led to overpaying kwame lol). Theres 2 Tier 1 centers in the league (howard and bynum) and a couple tier 2 centers (Noah Bogut Marc Gasol Hibbert Chandler). Getting Bogut is huge for the warriors and its way easier to replace a guard than to find a center. Ekpe Udoh was starting to develop into a decent role player but thats all he was so no major loss there. Bucks wanted to dump Stephens contract and Kwame was just a filler to make the numbers work.

Not sure what the Bucks were thinking; Jennings is practically a 2 guard, now they have two of those and lost the 2nd best defensive big in the league.

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
Dwight Howard announced the he will stay with Orlando the rest of the season. But he will become an unrestricted free agent this summer, with the possibility of going to the Nets with Deron Williams. Discuss!

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
Dwight Howard could receive a four-year, $81 million contract from the Nets in July, and the NBA Trade deadline is on Thursday 3 PM ET. Who's do you think is gonna be traded, and who's staying?

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
bogut is a decent center but he only plays 1/4 of the season every year because he gets hurt. Bucks get the better deal as they are actually getting someone who can play.

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
BREAKING NEWS!!!!! Mike D' Antoni has resigned as Knicks coach. D' Antoni had a clash with Carmelo Anthony after the big trade for the All-Star forward because 'Melo wouldn't follow his coaching system. Assitant Mike Woodson (former Atlanta Hawks coach) will take over as interim coach. How will this affect the future of the Knicks? Do you think the next coach will have a better defensive mindset? Your thoughts....

darkie you forgot to take Lin's numbers from when he started starting, which is what would be relevant (only one game was more than 3-6 minutes of play before that). 20 PPG / 8.4 AST/ 4.8 TO are his real numbers and of course make his AST/TO even worse.

bucks got a shitty deal there is no way jennings and ellis get more than 5 assists per game combined but at least they will be guaranteed at least 50 shots per game

bad trade for both teams really i say golden state won

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
bucks got a shitty deal there is no way jennings and ellis get more than 5 assists per game combined but at least they will be guaranteed at least 50 shots per game

bad trade for both teams really i say golden state won
I agree with you. It would've been better for both teams if they hadn't traded. Milwaukee is the number 8 seed right now, and I'm pretty sure that because they traded one of the most talented big men in the NBA, they're not gonna make the playoffs.

The only way the trade is bad for Warriors is if Bogut does not return to form. Even if it takes a FULL year, if he ever returns to full form they got an amazing bargain.

The only way the trade is bad for Warriors is if Bogut does not return to form. Even if it takes a FULL year, if he ever returns to full form they got an amazing bargain.
Totally agree.

How well this trade went for Golden State completely hinges on Bogut's health. He's a very good center that gives some desperately-needed defense as well as good rebounding and solid offense. It's really a shame how injury-prone he is.

As for how Jennings and Ellis will play together...I don't see it going over too well, but you never know.

I don't know what is more surprising, the fact that Monta Ellis was traded to the Bucks for an injury prone Center or the fact that Kwame Brown still plays in the NBA.

As for how Jennings and Ellis will play together...I don't see it going over too well, but you never know.
This duo is a lot better defensively than Curry/Ellis, but not necessarily good since they are still small which smells doom when they meet the likes of Wade, Johnson, Kobe etc. The offense is a bigger question: How will two ball-hoggers get along? Although, having Ellis is a big upgrade in their offense for a team like Bucks who has no offense at all... It's just a plus offense minus defense actually. So verdict is they will still be as good as any East 8th seed we know.

For the Warriors, it's about giving up on Howard and getting ready when Bogut and Curry can actually play. I'm seeing them just tanking this season and hopefully they can get somebody from draft next year. Given this, they can still trade somebody tomorrow for some cap space and drafts... And yeah, Lee is the benefitor of acquiring Bogut (remember Dirk/Chandler). A core of Curry/Lee/Bogut is actually something if you think of it...

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
The Portland Trail Blazers have traded Gerald Wallace to the Nets in exchange for Mehmet Okur, Shawne Williams and a protected first-round pick (protected only through the top three spots). Wallace is average 13.3 PPG and 6.6 RPG. What do you guys think about this trade?

The Portland Trail Blazers have traded Gerald Wallace to the Nets in exchange for Mehmet Okur, Shawne Williams and a protected first-round pick (protected only through the top three spots). Wallace is average 13.3 PPG and 6.6 RPG. What do you guys think about this trade?
only thing I care about is the pick, now just gotta hope the lottery doesn't give NJ a top 3 pick, although the chances shoudl be good since Wallace should mean another few wins for them.

Camby to Houston for Thabeet, Flynn, and a second rounder. Meh.

and McMillan got canned apparantly. This team is getting gutted top to bottom.

Fisher sucks, he's old and less agile than he used to be, Lakers need a younger PG and they got Sessions, good move for the Lakers imo.

Good move for the Nets too, Gerald Wallace is a powerhouse with Humphries and Deron they are gonna be a pretty strong team next year.

Wizards lose McGee and Young but forget to slip Blatche in the fine print.

Nuggets get McGee, Turiaf.
Clippers get Young.
Wizards get Nene, Cook, and a 2nd founder from Clippers.

How can a team be this bad that fans are happy about this trade?

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
only thing I care about is the pick, now just gotta hope the lottery doesn't give NJ a top 3 pick, although the chances shoudl be good since Wallace should mean another few wins for them.

Camby to Houston for Thabeet, Flynn, and a second rounder. Meh.

and McMillan got canned apparantly. This team is getting gutted top to bottom.
Yeah, they fired Nate McMillan and promoted the assistant coach. Portland is screwed, lol.

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
Fisher sucks, he's old and less agile than he used to be, Lakers need a younger PG and they got Sessions, good move for the Lakers imo.

Good move for the Nets too, Gerald Wallace is a powerhouse with Humphries and Deron they are gonna be a pretty strong team next year.
The Lakers traded Fisher and a 2012 first-round pick (from Dallas) to the Rockets for forward Jordan Hill. YES!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)