Official NBA 2012-13 Season Thread

2 things:

Boston wants to have a rivalry with everyone in the EC

Mavs are really desperate if they are signing Derek Fisher to be their starting PG. Why did they cut Delonte West again?

i thought you were thunder fan (when they were on top)

and then you were a nets fan (when they signed deron williams)

and now you're a knicks fan
wut, if you go through the previous year NBA forum, i always defend the knicks whenever they're attacked by CK especially Melo. Do i still need to say i'm a knick fan too? i won't be surprised if you'll be surprised one day if i tell you i'm also a nuggets and mavs fan. to tell you, there are only 5 teams in nba i care about ***

Thunder was my no. 1 team even when they used to suck.

and oh, i became a nets fan when they moved to brooklyn, which is a natural thing when my house is just nearby barclays

Derek Fisher has what, 5 rings? Clearly they are fools for not signing him sooner.

(I like Derek Fisher btw)
I like Derek Fisher too, but in a PG dominated league he isn't your answer. Even in his prime with the Lakers, he was just a good role player. Phil Jackson's Triangle Offense never used the PG as a focal point and Fisher wasn't anywhere close to guys like Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, or Tony Parker.

wut, if you go through the previous year NBA forum, i always defend the knicks whenever they're attacked by CK especially Melo. Do i still need to say i'm a knick fan too? i won't be surprised if you'll be surprised one day if i tell you i'm also a nuggets and mavs fan. to tell you, there are only 5 teams in nba i care about ***

and oh, i became a nets fan when they moved to brooklyn, which is a natural thing when my house is just nearby barclays
I like other teams too, or at least am interested in watching some of their players (like the Knicks, Hornets, Grizz, & Rose-Bulls) but I wouldn't outright declare myself a fan of them if I've got another team that I've been supporting for a while.

Attacking implies deceit. Every single fucking thing I have said about Anthony has been true, just look at his fucking playoff record to this point, and even worse how he has shot in the playoffs. SGs and SFs who play bad defense ruin teams. SGs and SFs who play bad defense and shoot 42% in the playoffs? hahahahaha

Is this the one year he has magically changed? Sure, maybe. I think it is more likely the Knicks just have a really good coach or at least the right coach for their team given Woodson's record since taking over, in both seasons.

That's what I'd been saying.. Yes, he has the tendency to be comically bad, but he still has a chance to redeem himself. This year is his chance and everyone's watching him closely. ala dirk

I like other teams too, or at least am interested in watching some of their players (like the Knicks, Hornets, Grizz, & Rose-Bulls) but I wouldn't outright declare myself a fan of them if I've got another team that I've been supporting for a while.
Good for you bro. But since I'm making money out of basketball and have to watch multiple teams, maybe i'm forgiven huh

Days like these where I'm being torn... Don't know which one I'll side with: the team I've grown up watching (New York) or the team who just arrived in my own city (Brooklyn). What I do know is that they're giving me a good game to watch while in office.
You could always pull for both.

Well the Raptors suck again, like that isn't a surprise. -_- I don't think I'll ever see them win a championship with the way things are going there.

At least the Nuggets are decent...

Everyone got excited this year when Melo made it look like he would finally play good team basketball.

Jokes on you guys, Melo is as big a draft bust as Darko Milicic!!!!!!!!!!1

That's what I'd been saying.. Yes, he has the tendency to be comically bad, but he still has a chance to redeem himself. This year is his chance and everyone's watching him closely. ala dirk

Good for you bro. But since I'm making money out of basketball and have to watch multiple teams, maybe i'm forgiven huh
Ala Dirk? Dirk went to two conference finals and a finals in the same time frame that Carmelo Anthony won two playoff series TOTAL. And the finals was one of the all time closest (and an obvious refjob). Dirk's biggest thing to "redeem" in the playoffs was never having a good big man on his teams and not being Tim Duncan. Carmelo Anthony has had one of the worst playoff careers of all time on the other hand, only Tracy McGrady comes to mind as worse in recent years, and that makes sense since McGrady was an even worse and equally overrated version of what Anthony is.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Even Heat fans need to be rooting for the Spurs to win right now when they are anticipating David Stern to sanction the Spurs for send their stars home. This is fantastic.

Hey you know what makes sense? Punish an elite team for preserving its season when you forced it to play the most games (tied with Thunder) and most road games in the league (stand alone), and despite them putting on an entertaining show, and despite them not giving a shit if they lost because they were already fucking 9-1 on the road.

Everyone always has to abuse power.

Man I love this Warriors team. These pure shooters are just fantastic to watch. D Lee being a beast.

I hope I wasn't the only one who watched this game. That ending was ridiculous. Warriors win!

Man I love this Warriors team. These pure shooters are just fantastic to watch. D Lee being a beast.

I hope I wasn't the only one who watched this game. That ending was ridiculous. Warriors win!
It's all fun and games until curry someone breaks an ankle again
Oh wait, Bogut's already filled that position, well two is company! lol

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey you know what makes sense? Punish an elite team for preserving its season when you forced it to play the most games (tied with Thunder) and most road games in the league (stand alone), and despite them putting on an entertaining show, and despite them not giving a shit if they lost because they were already fucking 9-1 on the road.

Everyone always has to abuse power.
Seriously though Stern is being a real ass on this one. It should be up to the teams who they play when, it's a competitive decision that should not be up to the league. Would Stern say Harden or Terry needed to start for their teams, or fine Miami for having Allen take a buzzer beater instead of Lebron. This is rediculous. And I hate the Spurs.

I agree that on a technical level it opens other doors that are dangerous. The Bobcats lost a game like 120-64, should they be fined for that under the same logic? Probably!!

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
The Spurs put on more of a show than had they played their starters. Either way, the Heat were likely to win that game. Pop was giving hungry players the opportunity to play knowing his stars would be without full steam and the end result was a game where they were winning with 1 minute remaining. An enormous blunder by the league to fine them and it could open the door for a slippery slope. They were doing their job as an organization to move forward in a way that was reasonable to preserve their season down the road.

I can see where fans would be mad and I could see why Pop do it

I cannot see why Stern would fine them though. I thought he was the good commissioner ._.

Don't most playoff teams do this one week before playoffs start anyway? Just seems Stern hates spurs with this discretionary fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)