Offensive team with a twist

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Hey guys. So here is my team. Actually, its my first attempt of a team for the new gen but I did made it to the 1900s on showdown so it does work. Everyone of my pokemon brings something useful to the table but if you know a way to make it even better, let me know!

Genecide (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Flamethrower/blaze kick/hp ground

First up is genecide. Hes your typical genesect. Might as well use him while hes still allowed lol because he is still great at what he does. He gets his boost from download and can either attempt to sweep a couple pokemon or run away in fear with u-turn. It has evs in its atk over his sp atk so that its iron head would do as much damage as possible. Especially since fairies tend to be weak in the def side. Ice beam lets me hit dnites and lando. He also has flamethrower to nail steel types with although I am considering blaze kick since it has its evs in the atk side but the slight inaccuracy is a turn-off. Also considering hp ground to catch heatrans off guard however hp ground would only be used of heatran and the occasional magnezone so I dont know if the move is worth a valuable spot in the set.

Larry (Heliolisk) (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Larry seriously impressed me with how well it can do in pokebank. Regardless of lacking a normal stab, its normal typing works to his advantage with the rise of ghost types. T-bolt is for stab and surf is to hit most pokemon that resists t-bolt. Hp ice would round off the coverage hitting 7 types super effectively making expert belt an excellent item on him. Sub is the staple move to this set and is partly the reason why he's so successful. With his immunity to ghost and water moves, he has so many opportunities to set up a sub. The sub allows it to beat most aegislash through mind games and 2hko pokes trying to break its sub. Its sub also allows it to counter that infamous trevenant harvest leech seed set since they tend to have shadow claw as their only attacking move making them unable to do anything when behind the sub. Not to mention that it can actually force belly drum +6bazumarrils out since it cant do a thing to heliolisk. Its only downfall is that it has trouble breaking through sp walls but thats what the rest of the team is for.

Blossom (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Surf
- Defog

Blossom is still pretty usable this gen. Not sure why she is barely used anymore just because of a few fairies. Anyway, she is my defogger since she can avoid ground hazards namely sticky web while avoiding being nailed by stealth rocks thanks to levitate. Defogging is not all she can do since she still packs a punch with her LO draco meteor, doing massive damage to anything that doesnt resist it. Hp fire is there just incase a steel type like ferro or forretress switches in expecting to eat a draco however I am thinking about surf since heatran walls her completely.

Johnny Cage (Lucario) (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed/Swords dance
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Johnny cage steps in as my mega pokemon and he does a nice job and beating things like mega kangaskhan. Once he is able to transform, he can outspeed things like mega kangaskan and knock it out with close combat. It has inner focus just in case a kanga or any poke tries using fake out to keep it from transforming. It can take its sucker punch pretty easily and go for the ko. Adaptability bullet punch allows it to be a pseudo-scizor since their power is fairly similar hitting fairies left and right. Extremespeed allows luc to outspeed a weakened talonflame and ko it. Its only weakness is the turn it transform since its pretty slow and vulnerable.

Flintstone (Landorus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock/Rock Polish

Here is Flintstone, my surprise rocker. I know it has much better things to do like use rock polish however I was lacking a stealth rocker and I rarely ever end up using rock polish so meh. It is modest to hit as hard as possible although I might switch it to timid but so far it doesnt seem to be missing the extra speed. It has a standard set of earth power, focus blast, and psychic to abuse its sheer force ability. Its still good at what it does. It can bait opposing azumarils to use aqua jet which I would then switch to heliolisk to absorb the attack.

Lola (Azumarill) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Superpower

Last but not least, here is Lola. She has the terrifying belly drum + aqua jet with sitrus berry to make sure its still healthy after a belly drum. And even if I dont use belly drum, the fact that it cn activate in between kanga hits is great at preventing an otherwise ko. Play rough is there for stab and to hit pokemon that resist aqua jet such as dragon types. Finally superpower hits steel types, however it has a much greater use at playing mind games with aegislash by using superpower when it uses king shield.

Well theres my team. It does a pretty decent job in the metagame. So if you have ways to make the team better, post away!​

Reactions: tcr
First off very solid team, but I think could use some critiques, first off, I think you should replaces landerous I with landerous t, I think t fits the role of this team better since you need stealth rock support, a good set would be

Landorous t: leftovers
248 HP/ 172 Def/ 88 Spe
Stealth rocks
earthquake
u-turn
stone edge

I think this will suit the team much better. a smaller critique would be if your latias wants to play as defogger I think you should go a bit more defensive and use leftovers over life orb. Lastly I think that you want swords dance over extreme speed for lucario. the reason for this is that adapdebility bullet punch is powerfull enough plus mega lucario is so fast I don't think he needs a +2 Priority, I would take sweeping potential over a redundent priority move.
That's all I have to say, hope this helps and good luck.

I would stick with Flamethrower over Blaze Kick on Genesect, as most steel-types have higher Defense, giving Genesect the +SpA boost.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, this team looks extremely fun to play. I love how you use really strong wallpapers and whatnot to hopefully end up with a sweep from 4 other sweepers which is pretty sweet. Due to the offensive nature of this team there isnt a whole lot of offensive threats, however there are some things that can be threatening if they get a free switchin, such as latias (defog sets) and garchomp, but you do have some nice checks in azumarill and latias, but it can still be threatening. However, helioisk seems like the weak link here. I've just found it doesnt have that much of an offensive prescence. I suggest replacing it with SD Bisharp. A pretty unorthodox means of changing a team member but, keeping Stealth Rocks on Landorus, allows you to lure in defoggers and gain a quick boost. It also helps with Latias a bit, which is p nice. Landorus and bisharp have really good synergy together as well, another plus!

Next, I find your Luke to be kind of mediocre, not only because i think SD isnt its best set, but because you dont run it normally! Try running NP Lucario as it, like Landorus gives you a great wall breaker for Bisharp to sweep, as well as a backup sweeper.

Probably one of my least favorite sets here tho is BD Azumarill. Its very high risk and i find not worth it. Try using a Sub 3 Attacks set as it helps with forcing a switch or grabbing a KO. It also gives you lasting ability. I just find it a far better set in general. Thats it, but i wold keep flamethrower on genesect as the things you'll use it for are stuff like gourgeist, aegislash, ferrothorn, etc who are hit hard by flamethrower.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Trait: Inner Focus/ Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
oh cool. I'll give them a try. I'll keep flamethrower then. Latias was meant to be more of an offensive defogger but I can see how a defensive latias would do. I'll give np latios a try too even though Im not really sure how well it will do but its definitely worth a shot. I liked heliolisk in the team due to its very useful niches but I can give bisharp a go and same with lando-T. Never tried sub azumarril before but it sounds kinds interesting. Thanks for the advice and glad you like my team! I'll post on how they did when I get a chance to test it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)