Offensive Speed

Well, this is a modification of my first one. This one does great.

Please note that the quotes I put under the Pokemon's stats mean absolutely nothing. I just felt like being witty. :D

OFFENSIVE SPEED:

Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

"And when you think the small thing is strange enough, it explodes."

My lead Pokémon serves to set up the rest of my party. Azelf starts by using Reflect or Light Screen (depending on the situation). It then proceeds to use Stealth Rock. The Light Clay makes the Screens last longer, and when push comes to shove, BOOM! Explosion.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 32 HP/252 Atk/224 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

"Speed over power. But both works too."

I praise Technician. That plus Swords Dance plus Adamant Nature plus 252 Atk EVs plus PRIORITY equals a quite deadly Bullet Punch. Superpower is there because its power can get rid of other threats. And the Attack loss can be revived with Swords Dance. As for X-Scissor, that's for getting rid of Psychics.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

"Playing with swords is dangerous. But not always."

Frail Defense is the only thing that truly bugs me with Infernape. But the boosts in Speed and Attack are worth it, especially after pulling off Swords Dance. This guy takes care of Lucario (which the rest of my party has a problem with).

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk/252 Spd/24 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

"Dragons can do many things, like breath fire, go berserk, cause an earthquake, and DANCE!"

If Salamence wasn't powerful enough, then Dragon Dance and Life Orb make him even more deadly. And the diversity of his moveset makes things even better. Outrage deals with many things, and Earthquake and Fire Blast deal with most Steel-Types.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Recover

"Keeping calm in a crisis is good. Because eventually you'll beat the living snot out of your opponent."

Honestly, if it weren't for the Soul Dew Clause, my Latias would be broken to a point beyond repair. I tested a basic Latias (without any EVs) with the Soul Dew with this exact moveset, and it took so little damage from ICE BEAM. Granted, this one can't use the Soul Dew, but I'd think Calm Mind would make up for that. Along with the EVs in Speed and Special Attack and Recover, taking down my Latias is NOT easy. Especially with what Dragon Pulse and Surf can get rid of.

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge

"They weren't kidding when they said Atrocious!"

Okay, maybe they were kidding during the days of Gen I and II, but we're in Gen IV, and Gyarados is a demon here. I need something physically powerful, and Gyarados pulls that off with blinding speed. Gyarados is useful in most situations, although I usually save him for lategame.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I'm not going to pretend to be a true expert on offense, but if you want to play offense you need to use less special pokemon. I would take out Empoleon and instead use a standard DD Salamence or even a mixmence. Salamence can really mess with stall, it has Outrage/dragon claw for most things, fireblast for steels. Empoleon is too easily walled by blissey to reliably sweep stall so that is what I would get rid of. My biggest worry then, is rotom appliance, which walls much of your team and is used on stall teams pretty much without exception. I would recommend a DD tyranitar for this. DD tyranitar can reliably sweep stall (and of course it can kill any rotom) once skarmory has been weakened. I would get rid of Swampert (who is far too defensive and cant do much damage if you sacrifice him) to put tyranitar on. Lastly I would change your lead to pretty much anything other than what you currently have. Azelf seems to be the premeire lead right now, maybe you could use it. Mamoswine is another option. Anyhting to get SR up. SR will make it much easier for you to get OHKOs when you sweep.

Quick note - If you must use your Jirachi in a physical set like that, change it from timid to Jolly. Otherwise, I have nothing else to say about this since I am not an OU battler.

I suggest switching X-Scissor with Pursuit on Scizor. It gets much better type coverage than X-Scissor in the current metagame, as ghosts are much more common than grass and Dark types.

Hmm...Nice team to begin. Now to continue, I run the same TTar. From my experiences in the current Metagame, you should switch Leftovers to Lum Berry. Since you mentioned it's mainly to take down Bliss, there's a chance it'll want to TWave or even Toxic you. Why take the chance?

Why Are so many of your pokemon holding life orb? Its good but things like scizor don't need it if its running swords dance

This teams seems pretty good but you have 5 set up pokemon. I would really advise you replace infernapes np with HP ice but you seem to handle gliscor and dragons well.

I can see a professional entry hazard team being a big pain due to the life orbs and constant phazing to remove your boosts. Other than that I truly don't see very many problems with your team. Great job.

So your team has somewhat of an issue to SD Lucario. After an SD, it hits everything hard, and since you don't have Fire Punch on Jirachi, it can set-up on it (Iron Head will increase its speed due to its ability).

I think your team would much rather benefit from a different lead, since you rely so much on stat-ups and hitting your opponent hard after them. I'd suggest ditching the Jirachi lead for an Azelf lead. Light Screen / Reflect / Stealth Rock / Explosion should be fine at Light Clay to maximize the amount of turns the screens last. This will essentially let you set up rocks and also possibly set up screens to allow you to stat-up easier, and thus sweep easier.

With Latias in OU now, I'd suggest running a Swords Dance Infernape over your current Mixnape prototype. For one thing, after a DD Gyarados wrecks your team, and SD Nape will be quite a surprise for incoming Gyarados. Additionally, it hits Latias harder than your standard Mixnape with HP Ice, and with Stone Edge, you don't lose out coverage on the dragons. Fire Punch / Swords Dance / Stone Edge / Close Combat should suffice well enough. Remember to max out speed to tie other Infernapes.

As for the Lucario issue, why not run something like your own Gyarados over Tyranitar? It fuctions similarly as a powerful dragon dancer, covers Lucario and Scizor well, and also has sweeping potential in an offensive metagame dominated by Steels and Dragons. If you really wanna keep Tyranitar, you can run Mach Punch somewhere on Infernape, though that does significantly lower the sweeping potential of Infernape. I'd suggest Gyarados though since the stuff Tyranitar hits hard can be covered by your other Pokemon.

Good luck, hope some of this was helpful.

Hi. I can use some help. :D

Also, how do you think Porygon-Z would do here? I'm interested in trying to fit it in.
PorygonZ could be a great addition. He's been overlooked latelty because of his average speed, but if you want to go Timid and Choice Scarf over Choice Specs in Modest that's fine. I prefer the Choice Specs version, though. My favorite set is:

Porygonz @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Beam
- Ice Beam

Choice Specs is interchangable with Choice Scarf, as are Thunderbolt and Ice Beam. You can take off Hyper Beam, but a Hyper Beam with 300 Base Power comign from somethign with 607 Sp. Atk. is deadly to anything except Ghosts.

Also, I noticed your team could suffer a Magnezone sweep. He can trap and HP Fire or Thunderbolt away at Scizor, while two of your other pokemon are weak to electricity, one of them having a 4X weakness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)