Weavile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
Ability: Pressure
4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Fake Out
~Ice Punch
~Night Slash
~Counter

Why?: Same old lead that I raped with in fourth gen. Basically, beats nearly all leads. First, Fake out gets some free damage in, while breaking the opponents sash. Ice punch and Night slash might not do as much as they did in gen 4, because at that time Aero and Azelf were the most common leads, but it still has coverage on most, including the new favorite leads: Dragonite and Deoxys-S. Counter works quite nicely on Machamps, and now Roobushin's, who he has no other answer for. With his x4 weakness, they are nearly guaranteed to bring him to his sash, and counter OHKO's back. (Although in my experiences, he has died his fare share of times do to Confusion hacks from Dynamic Punch.)

Latios @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
Ability: Levitate
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Dragon Pulse
~Hidden Power [fire]
~Psycho Shock
~Surf

Why?: Basically a standard special sweeper. He outspeeds alot of foe's and inflicts massive damage with his 130 base SpA, great type coverage, and expert belt. Dragon pulse is chosen over Draco Meteor, because it doesn't drop his SpA. HP[fire] and Surf are for type coverage, the former being able to OHKO nattorei, who walls him. Dragons are most likely revenge OHKO'd with a STAB dragon pulse Psycho Shock can get some damage on Blissey's or other SpD walls who switch in on him, and also counters Fighting types.

Raikou @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
Ability: Volt Absorb
4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Calm Mind
~Thunderbolt
~Shadow Ball
~Hidden Power [grass]

Why?: Another special sweeper. He has great offensive stats for this role, with 115 base Spe and SpA, but unfortunately, his move pool is really lacking, to say the least. If the opponent is going to switch out, He gets a calm mind. From there, he can sweep with his Thunderbolt STAB. Shadow ball covers most types that resist thunderbolt for neutral damage. HP [grass] covers types such as rocks that resist his STAB.

Breloom @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Ability: Technician
152 Hp / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
~Spore
~Swords Dance
~Mach Punch
~Bullet Seed

Why?: TechniLoom is an absolute monster. As long as the opponent can't OHKO him, he spores them to sleep, sets up one or two swords dances, and sweeps with STAB, 60 bp priority Mach Punch. As long as this works out, he is a nearly unstoppable threat. Lefties is so he can heal back damage that he gets on the turn in which he spores, so if the sleeping pokemon dies, he can spore again.

Blaziken @ Wide Lens??
Adamant Nature
Ability: Speed Boost
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Blaze Kick
~Hi Jump Kick
~Stone Edge

Why?: When dream world ability's were first released, Speed Boost Blaziken was probably the most hyped, but later, lost most of his hype. I don't really know why, because he is still a massive threat. After one turn, he has enough speed to outspeed most non-scarfed enemy's, and after 2, he can outspeed nearly all foe's, including scarfed. His dual kick STAB attacks proved to have great coverage in fourth gen with Infernape, and with higher base Atk, blaziken is really an amazing physical sweeper. As long as he can survive one turn, he can get up Swords Dance and sweep with his additional speed. Stone Edge replace baton pass for a much more deadly type coverage, and is no longer extremely unreliable with the wide lens.l

Porygon2 @ Pre-Evolution Stone
Calm Nature
Ability: Trace
252 Hp / 120 Def / 4 SpA / 132 SpD
~Recover
~T-Wave
~Ice Beam
~Thunder bolt

Why?: I used to have Suicune as my 'wall', but I felt Pory2 does the job better. With the Pre-Evolution stone, his defenses are phenomenal, and he is able to wall many hits, the only downside, is no leftovers. The strategy is pretty much to Paralyze enemy's, and hope for hax while I attack with one of his attacks, and heal away damage with his instant recovery move, Recover.

A Final Glance:

For your Breloom you can either try a Meadow Plate to boost bullet seed's power or.. you can try lefties to gain back couple of HP you may have lost.

You should replace Ice Beam with HP Fire on Latios, otherwise Nattorei will wall you all day. I'd also consider throwing some Specs on Latios for guaranteed immediate power. I've actually swept most of an opponent's team with just Specs Dragon Pulse.

I'd use Leftovers or Meadow Plate like was suggested on Breloom.

I think Blaziken would be far more dangerous with either Stone Edge or Shadow Claw over Baton Pass. With Wide Lens Stone Edge is also boosted to a much better 90% accuracy.

I think you should make Porygon 2 more specially defensive since without a Steel type it is the only thing you have to switch into Draco Meteors.

Hmmmm, Stone Edge on Blaziken would be better [as Jaroda stated] as it gives better type coverage. ^^

Keep the Expert Belt on Breloom to get that extra boost [I tried to figure out who you needed it for to OHKO... but no luck, then I realized, the extra damage could NEVER hurt xD]

Why would you need Substitute on Raikou? HP Grass is a better option for some of those pesky Rock Pokemon.

The only real problem I see is with a weakness to Ground/Ice... so a Mamoswine might rape you. I could be wrong though...

You should replace Ice Beam with HP Fire on Latios, otherwise Nattorei will wall you all day. I'd also consider throwing some Specs on Latios for guaranteed immediate power. I've actually swept most of an opponent's team with just Specs Dragon Pulse.

I'd use Leftovers or Meadow Plate like was suggested on Breloom.

I think Blaziken would be far more dangerous with either Stone Edge or Shadow Claw over Baton Pass. With Wide Lens Stone Edge is also boosted to a much better 90% accuracy.

I think you should make Porygon 2 more specially defensive since without a Steel type it is the only thing you have to switch into Draco Meteors.
Thanks for the advice, All changes were made. I'm going to consider scarfing Latios. I normally don't like choice items, because of move limitation, but it is the only way to kill ScarfChomp, so I will consider it and maybe do some play testing.
Thanks again.

And Zombeh, I made the change on Raikou. Thanks.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Replace surf or dragon pulse (probably dragon pulse as then ttar walls you) for calm mind, Latios forces switches and CM allows you to boost as they switch.

You may want to consider recover too, as it is currently your only answer to drizzle teams.

Life orb on blaziken, as wide lens blows. Never use wide lens. Ever. HJK averages ~129 power per use with wide lens, but it averages ~152 power with life orb. Stone edge is 88 vs 104. You need the power to ko stuff, use it.

An offensive Dragon should ALWAYS have a STAB Dragon attack. Why would you ever replace it when the only type that resists it is Steel? If anything you can forgo Psycho Shock. It's only really useful for Chansey/Blissey and you have two fighting type pokemon to handle it. Porygon 2 can also Trace Natural Cure to get a different pokemon in status free by absorbing the Toxic/Thunder Wave. Also Latias is probably a better CM user since it's far more bulky.

The fact that Wide Lends makes HJK 100% accurate so you don't risk crashing and hurting yourself aside from Ghosts is a very decent alternative. Then the fact that all of his attacks aren't 100% accurate triples Wide Lens' use. It's a highly viable alternative. With Sword Dance as a boosting move Life Orb isn't as necessary compared to pokemon with no boosting options. All that power doesn't do you any good when you miss an important attack and get revenged on the spot. Unless you can name some important pokemon that it can't OHKO without LO boost.

life orb instead of leftovers on breloom the damage increase really helps you ohko scizor with 0hp evs unless you get the very lowest possible damage roll and you ohko a lot of other things with the damage increase.

Raikou @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
Ability: Volt Absorb
4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Calm Mind
~Thunderbolt
~Shadow Ball
~Hidden Power [grass]

Why?: Another special sweeper. He has great offensive stats for this role, with 115 base Spe and SpA, but unfortunately, his move pool is really lacking, to say the least. If the opponent is going to switch out, He gets a calm mind. From there, he can sweep with his Thunderbolt STAB. Shadow ball covers most types that resist thunderbolt for neutral damage. HP [grass] covers types such as rocks that resist his STAB.
Just a quick nitpick, Rock- does not resist Electric-.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)