Offensive Rain Dance, I believe in special pokemon!

First Rmt, First post. Don't go crazy on me if the team fails. Lets get cooking

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP and 252 special Defense
Nature:Calm
move- Perish Song
move- Toxic
move- Protect
move - Boil Over

I have done other Politoed sets before and basically I find this the most effective one. People tend to throw special hits at my Politoed while it sets up rain. I know that a Zapdos's thunderbolt won't KO this guy. Many electric attacks don't kill this thing. It also survives a energy ball from the godlike Shandera, and Ludicolo. Perish Song, is to force switches or they are threatened with protect, toxic and a classic switch out. Toxic is for stall and allows me to remove annoying pokemon thanks to protect. Boil Over's 30% burn is really lovable. Roobushin is rampant out there, so I go cautious when up against Roobushin.

(Reason for EVS and Nature.)

As I said before, in my experiences people tend to throw special attacks at Politoed, which adds to my benefit. Nature is to boost its decent special defense, and this Toed needs drops of special defense. Politoed is considerably bulky with 252 HP EVS. Although Blissey walls this thing, so I tend to perish song and switch out, hoping for it to switch out as well.

Pokemon - Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swfit Swim
EVs: 252 spA, 252 speed, 6 HP
Nature: Modest
move - Hydro Pump
move - Giga Drain
move - Focus Blast
move - Ice Beam

My lord is this pokemon powerful. I chose Hydro Pump for power, for one good reason. The power helps me win games, and the shaky accuracy is something I'll have to live with. I realized I need to take some risks at times. At first I tried energy ball, but the LO damage was getting to me. Giga drain is for energy sapping, and eliminate pokemon that I know will die. Focus Blast is for coverage and take out steels. Originally I put hidden elec, for other pokes. Now that Nattorei's are out I'll be needing to take it out with Focus Blast. Its a 2KO. Ice Beam is for coverage and taking out those beautiful dragons.
Ludicolo really packs a punch.

Reasons for EVS/Nature -

Ludicolo is naturally faster under the rain. Speed is not my priority with factoring in natures. I already know that it outspeeds non-scarfed pokes and scarfed Shandera, so no problem for me! The power matters to me, for it can score important KOs.

Pokemon Kingdra @ Item - Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 spA, 252 speed
Nature: Timid
move - Hydro Pump
move - Dragon Pulse
move - Surf
move - Draco Meteor

Spec Kingdra is quite rare these days, but deadly. This guy hits harder then Ludicolo. With a timid nature it can soar up to 433 special attack which is not bad. With SR damage and if I am correct, it KOs a blissey with Hydro Pump. There is no need for any other type moves added in here, the almost perfect coverage of Dragon/water is well.. perfect. Only resisted by steels. Since the nature is also a surprise I outspeed other Kingdra's which is PERFECT FOR ME, since most use Adamant nature. (Lol at them!) The sheer power of a Kingdra with Specs is monstrous and should not be underestimated. This pokemon hits like a truck. KOs Roobushin at full health, with Draco and KOs your delicious Zapdos with Draco.

Reasons for EVS and Nature

The reason to timid is to outspeed other Kingdra. Timid since I am not using physical attacks. EVs should be self explanatory.

Pokemon Golduck @ Item - Choice Scarf
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 speed
Nature: Modest
move - Psychic
move - Ice Beam
move - Focus Blast
move - Surf

Now this is for other weathers. With a choice scarf, Cloud Nine activates and I can laugh at the Doryuuzu's that come in my way. Hippowdon is KOed by a surf from Golduck, as well as Ninetales. Now that.. is awesome. Thanks to Cloud Nine everything that benefits you in weather is cancelled. For that Choice scarf is needed! Reason being is to KO other weather beneficial pokemon. Randorosu is KOed from a ice beam, as well nasty dragons. Surf is your primary attack, and Psychic is for coverage. Focus Blast also is for coverage. With a choice scarf it hits approximately 416 speed. Decent enough considering Cloud Nine.

Reasons for Nature - Since choice scarf gives you the necessary speed to outspeed other weather pokes, Modest is for power. I need to ensure my KOs on other weather pokemon. Which is EXTREMELY important to me. EVS are self explanatory.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/5/55/212Scizor.png/140px-212Scizor.png

Pokemon @ Choice Band Item
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 attack, 252 speed
Nature: Scizor
- move Pursuit
- move Bullet Punch
- move U-turn
- move Superpower

No idea why I have Scizor around, but is effective. Bullet punch weakened foes, or pokes that I know will KO. I think we all know classic CB Scizor right? U-turn to flee and do some damage, Superpower is for Nattorei's (ugh I hate them), and pursuit is for fleeing ghosts. Nuff Said.

Pokemon Qwilfish @ Life Orb
Ability: Adamant
EVs:252 attack, 252 speed.
Nature:
move - Swords Dance
move - Explosion
move - Poison Jab
move - Waterfall

The fish has come back for more! Eliminates toxic spikes, and after on set up it destroys. I have won several games with this little fish. Oh how I love eliminating nasty Brelooms and Jarooda's. Basic Set from smogon, hits HARD after a SD. Explosion is your final move to throw desperate damage. I am surprised it KOs Tentacruels.

Reasons for Nature/EVS

Adamant for power, as swift swim already does the work for you. Waterfall and Poison Jab because Qwilfish's movepool... is ehh EVS are explainable

So rate!

THREAT LIST -

Nattorei - Hate, hate, and hate this thing. Even with Scizor if the player is smart usually switches out their Nattorei. This literally is a pain in the ass.

Blissey - As this is sort of a specially based team, Blissey walls most of my pokes. I would usually go to Qwilfish to absorb toxic, and set up from there.

Eruufuns - ... Really hate this pokemon. It subs up and leech seeds me for death. The best I can do is let a pokemon die, switch to Kingdra fooling opponent by them leech seeding. I then hit hard as I can with the almighty Choice Spec powered Draco meteor. IF it doesn't KO.. then I'll have to bullet punch it.

Sabelyes - Another annoying pokemon... Usually have to switch to Kingdra, and kill it off with the almighty Choice Spec, Hydro pump. Its a KO

I cannot stress.. HOW OTHER WEATHER LEADS ARE ANNOYING. It is a rare occurence that I see Hail teams.. but Abomasnow is my next choice. It is extremely hard to KO. The switching hail is damaging which gets onto my nerves.

RATE!

Also I have a triple choice pokemon, which I think is not good. Any recommendations?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)