National Dex Offensive Mega Mawile Team ft. Scarf Lando

Hey, gamers-
This is the first RMT I had made and am pretty excited to showcase my team. I had tried out this team on the ladder a bunch and made some changes to the original roster. I would love feedback on how to improve my team, and I will implement ideas that make this team better. Well, here it goes:

ico_3ds_303-mega.png
1662675620553.png
1662675681372.png
1662675495403.png
1662675526198.png
1662675593065.png

Team here in PokePaste

3ani__303-mega__xy.gif

Watermelon (Mawile-Mega) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

One of the most devasting wall breakers in the meta, Mega Mawile is here to do massive damage to many defensive cores. BoltBeam coverage for Water-, Flying-, and Ground-types cores and Brick Break for the Heatran switch-in. EVed to have 144 speed to outspeed the fastest Clefairy set out there and the rest in HP to tank blows. Under Grassy Terrain, it can easily eat up an Earthquake from Garchomp or Lando and knock them out with Ice Punch. Still don't know if I should replace Brick Break for Knock off to hit Volcarona and Glarian Slowking and remove Rocky Helmet. Heatran is a bigger problem though, so I have Brick Break for now.

3ani__645-therian__xy.gif

Big T (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 Def / 4 SpD / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

The Scarfed wincon. Love the way Lando feels with Scarf, even though I'm giving up a lot of utility from this mon. Rock Slide instead of the standard Stone Edge for less of a chance to lose to Zard-Y and Volcarona. 244 Speed EV to be slower than max speed Scard Lando yet fast enough for Arctozolt under hail (not that Arctozolt is common - just a nice bonus). Explosion to heavily chunk threatening sweepers or just when it's almost knocked out anyways. When the opposing team doesn't have any more Flying types, Lando will usually clean up. Got to manage Grassy Terrian though, but it usually U-turns anyways, and still have an 80% chance to OHKO specially defensive Heatran under it.

3ani__787__sm.gif

BullSh-t (Tapu Bulu) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Bulky Check to Garchomp and Mega Swampert, big problems to the team. Close Combat to Swords Dance to break past Ferrothorn and lure unaware Clefable in to get smashed with 195 bp Bloom Doom. Under Grassy Terrain, Max HP and Defense Bold Clefable have an 87.5% chance of getting OHKOed; most wouldn't expect the damage as it's obvious that Bulu is not banded. Specially defensive Toxapex is guaranteed OHKOed by Bloom Doom, and anything that doesn't resist it gets big chunked. Synthesis stays healthy and to set up in front of walls that can hit back like Gyro Ball Ferro. Could change Synthesis to Rock Slide to hit Volcarona switch-ins though, but Synthesis is all-around more useful.

3ani__784__sm.gif

Weird (Kommo-o) @ Throat Spray
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower
- Clangorous Soul

Special Kommo-o holds Throat Spray to really increase its Special Attack to start hitting like a truck. With its decent coverage, it can clean up the pesky Mega Scizor that stands in the way of the Physical attacks of this team. Boomburst does a huge amount of damage to unresisted mons and Flamethrower and Aura Sphere for Rock- and Steel- types. Bulletproof is pretty useful, making moves like Yard's Weather Ball and Blacephalon's Shadow Ball do nothing. It acts like a semi-check to Charizard Y and Heatran and can handle all-weather teams quite well.

3ani__625__xy.gif

Bishop (Bisharp) @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Very strong Bander with the three most dangerous Dark moves to effectively do its job: punish the player who gave it a free switch it. If one has no sturdy Dark-resists, it could end up taking out or chunking key mons of the opponents. It really appreciates Grassy Terrain to weaken its Earthquake weakness and the fact that it's not Psychic Terrain to stop its monstrous Sucker Punches. Iron Head for the common Fairy-types, of course. Could be a Weavile taking this position, but I prefer something bulkier but also have the same trapping potential with Pursuit.

3ani__479-wash__xy.gif

Rinse (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

The last member on the team, but not least, is Mr. Washer here. EVed to 248 Speed to outrun Timid base 85s like Nidoking and Tapu Fini. Leftovers instead of Heavy-Duty Boots to give it some sort of recovery, and give opponents some false assumptions about this Rotom. I am debating about switching Will-o-Wisp for Toxic to cripple Volcarona, but it's also important to cripple mons like SD Garchomp and Especially Mega Scizor. Rotom's the only Defogger on the team, but since it has such great match-ups against most Stealth Rockers, it's fine.

Huge Threats to Team:

1662676005914.png

Offensive Volcarona - Sets up one quiver and it's basically GG if it has Psychic and Lando had been chipped by Stealth Rock. Defensive Volc annoys Mega Mawile, but Lando can at least deal with it.

1662676079885.png

Serperior - Glare is super annoying and can Sub + Leaf Storm for big damage. None of my mon wants to Tank +2 Leaf Storms, so one got to be aggressive against teams with it.

1662676042537.png

SD Mega Scizor - Can't do anything to it except Flamethrower from Kommo-o, so save it for the late-game sweep. Will-o-Wisp on Rotom to keep it in check.

1662676110491.png

Offensive Zapdos in Rain - That's what Explosion from Lando is for :(

Thanks for reading!

Yo, thanks so much for the feedback!

Sorry was too busy these couple of days to write a good response!

1663718276360.png
1663718314514.png

Love the Heatran and Kyurem idea; I will definitely change the mons for a better matchup against sun and rain teams. Never used three-attack Kyurem with Crystal: I had only used SubRoost, though I like the idea of a strong ice attacker. I will check it out in my free time!
Mega Scizor is a huge problem though: some actually run max speed and Sand Tomb, which completely destroys Heatran and the rest of my team (if it's three-attack Scizor) if Rotom is weakened.

1663718357267.png

The Mega Lopunny match-up is quite annoying. Defensive Wash it is then! I will run both Defog and Will-o-Wisp on it, so Defog on Lando is not really necessary. Leftovers to cover for the lack of Pain Split, as I love defog on the mon; it has a great match-up against popular rockers. Will-o is a must of course.

1663718429200.png

Landorus will have to run Rock Slide and Explosion: My Stone Edges just miss too much :( . Explosion is just there for convenience and to do massive damage in the case of a bad Lando game. Defog on it is usually too passive after using it as I am forced to give the opponent a free turn.

1663718514725.png

Since I'm not running max Sp. Atk Rotom, I take your advice to EV Maw to creep Skarm.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)