move 2: Knock Off
move 3: Bulk Up
move 4: Switcheroo
item: Flame Orb
ability: Guts
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Obstagoon's high power and great neutral coverage makes it a moderately effective wallbreaker. Unfortunately, it faces stiff competition from Urishifu-S and Heracross as a wallbreaker, due to Urishifu-S' higher speed, bulk, and superior Dark STAB; while Heracross shares Obstagoon's ability, and has more immediate power, allowing it to pressure Pokemon such as Skarmory and Corviknight more effectively. Obstagoon's main niches are its ability to switch moves, giving it a much easier time against common defensive cores with Pokemon such as Clefable, Mandibuzz, and Toxapex, being able to cripple defensive Pokemon with Switcheroo, being able to muscle past Clefable after a Bulk Up and being able to switch into passive Pokemon such as Toxapex more easily due to being effectively immune to status conditions after its Flame Orb activates. Bulk Up allows Obstagoon to muscle past Toxapex and Amoongus, as well as OHKO Clefable after a single use. Switcheroo allows Obstagoon to trade its Flame Orb for a more useful item such as Leftovers as well as crippling Obstagoon's checks such as Skarmory and Ferrothorn. An Adamant nature is preferred to OHKO physically defensive Clefable and Amoongus after a Bulk Up.

Obstagoon highly appreciates momentum from U-turn and Volt Switch to allow it to come in for free on Pokemon that will inevitably switch into these moves. Pokemon such as Clefable, Dragapult, and Zeraora are great choices for this role. Clefable in particular can also keep Obstagoon healthy with Wish, as well as check Urishifu-S. Strong hazard control from Pokemon such as Hatterene, Corviknight, and Mandibuzz is helpful when using Obstagoon, as it tends to fall victim to residual damage from Flame Orb and hazards. Finally, Obstagoon has great synergy with late game cleaners such as Calm Mind Reuinclus and Swords Dance Rillaboom, who can prey on the opponents team after Obstagoon punches holes in defensive Pokemon such as Toxapex, Clefable, and Skarmory.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Spoopy, 511359]]
- Quality checked by: [[curiosity, 443485], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:
[SET]
name: Flame Orb
move 1: Facade
move 3: Close Combat

Replace cc with bu; cc is legitimately useless and bu lets it actually threaten stuff like pex / skarm (and by extension corvi) / hippowdon and ohko physdef clef. Drop all mentions of CC in the paragraphs below and add mentions of BU somewhere.

[SET COMMENTS]
Obstagoon's high power, great neutral coverage, and decent utility in Switcheroo makes it a moderately effective wallbreaker. Unfortunately, it faces stiff competition from Urishifu-S as a wallbreaker explain why it faces competition from these mons + add mentions of heracross here. Obstagoon's main niche is it's ability to switch moves, giving it a much easier time against common defensive cores with Pokemon such as Clefable, Mandibuzz, and Toxapex. This also applies to Heracross, so what separates it from hera? Close Combat allows Obstagoon to hit Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Terrakion, which resist Obstagoon's STAB attacks. Switcheroo allows Obstagoon to discard its Flame Orb after it activates in favor of a more useful item such as Leftovers or Heavy Duty Boots from Pokemon such as Corviknight or Mandibuzz, you're not really ever going to use switcheroo vs Mandi since you just bu on the switch; replace this mention with skarm and ferro as you're actually going to be clicking switcheroo vs these mons. as well as crippling Obstagoon's checks. An Adamant nature is preferred to deal extra damage against Corviknight and Mandibuzz. specify that you're ohkoing physdef clef and amoonguss at +1

While Obstagoon has decent bulk on its own, it prefers to come in with a pivoting move due to its lack of resistances, and it also gets worn down quite quickly with Flame Orb and hazards. Pokemon such as Dragapult, Clefable, and Zeraora I would rather you prioritise Clefable here since wishport is possibly the most necessary partner for that (specify this as well). I also think that you could replace zera with something like rillaboom or corviknight, which arguably benefits goon a lot more due to the nature of the mons that both are luring in but whether or not you wawnt to change this mention is up to you. are great choices for this role. Clefable in particular can also keep Obstagoon healthy with Wish, as well as check Urishifu-S. Strong hazard control from Pokemon such as Excadrill, Corviknight, and Mandibuzz I feel like you could replace Excadrill with Hatterene here; Hatt and Drill generally have strong synergy and while you can say the same about drill, unlike drill, you're keeping them off vs skarm / hippo which is far more valuable for goon. is helpful when using Obstagoon, as it tends to fall victim to residual damage from Flame Orb and hazards. Finally, Obstagoon has great synergy with late game cleaners such as Volcarona and Bulk Up Corviknight, who can prey on the opponents team after Obstagoon punches holes in their defensive core. I don't like either of these examples as none of them synergize particularly well with goon; bu corvi is only really a thing on stall / fat balances and you're not really going to be using goon on those sorts of builds. While the same doesn't apply to volc, it's not something that should stand out as an immediate partner, so I'd rather you replace these mentions with stuff that appreciates it being able to remove / weaken stuff like pex / clef / skarm, so stuff like sd rillaboom, cm reuni etc. work here

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username1, userid1]]

do this too!!

Tag me once you've implemented everything

Last edited:
[SET]
move 3: Close Combat

Replace cc with bu; cc is legitimately useless and bu lets it actually threaten stuff like pex / skarm (and by extension corvi) / hippowdon and ohko physdef clef. Drop all mentions of CC in the paragraphs below and add mentions of BU somewhere.

[SET COMMENTS]
Obstagoon's high power, great neutral coverage, and decent utility in Switcheroo makes it a moderately effective wallbreaker. Unfortunately, it faces stiff competition from Urishifu-S as a wallbreaker explain why it faces competition from these mons + add mentions of heracross here. Obstagoon's main niche is it's ability to switch moves, giving it a much easier time against common defensive cores with Pokemon such as Clefable, Mandibuzz, and Toxapex. This also applies to Heracross, so what separates it from hera? Close Combat allows Obstagoon to hit Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Terrakion, which resist Obstagoon's STAB attacks. Switcheroo allows Obstagoon to discard its Flame Orb after it activates in favor of a more useful item such as Leftovers or Heavy Duty Boots from Pokemon such as Corviknight or Mandibuzz, you're not really ever going to use switcheroo vs Mandi since you just bu on the switch; replace this mention with skarm and ferro as you're actually going to be clicking switcheroo vs these mons. as well as crippling Obstagoon's checks. An Adamant nature is preferred to deal extra damage against Corviknight and Mandibuzz. specify that you're ohkoing physdef clef and amoonguss at +1

While Obstagoon has decent bulk on its own, it prefers to come in with a pivoting move due to its lack of resistances, and it also gets worn down quite quickly with Flame Orb and hazards. Pokemon such as Dragapult, Clefable, and Zeraora I would rather you prioritise Clefable here since wishport is possibly the most necessary partner for that (specify this as well). I also think that you could replace zera with something like rillaboom or corviknight, which arguably benefits goon a lot more due to the nature of the mons that both are luring in but whether or not you wawnt to change this mention is up to you. are great choices for this role. Clefable in particular can also keep Obstagoon healthy with Wish, as well as check Urishifu-S. Strong hazard control from Pokemon such as Excadrill, Corviknight, and Mandibuzz I feel like you could replace Excadrill with Hatterene here; Hatt and Drill generally have strong synergy and while you can say the same about drill, unlike drill, you're keeping them off vs skarm / hippo which is far more valuable for goon. is helpful when using Obstagoon, as it tends to fall victim to residual damage from Flame Orb and hazards. Finally, Obstagoon has great synergy with late game cleaners such as Volcarona and Bulk Up Corviknight, who can prey on the opponents team after Obstagoon punches holes in their defensive core. I don't like either of these examples as none of them synergize particularly well with goon; bu corvi is only really a thing on stall / fat balances and you're not really going to be using goon on those sorts of builds. While the same doesn't apply to volc, it's not something that should stand out as an immediate partner, so I'd rather you replace these mentions with stuff that appreciates it being able to remove / weaken stuff like pex / clef / skarm, so stuff like sd rillaboom, cm reuni etc. work here

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username1, userid1]]

do this too!!

Tag me once you've implemented everything
Implemented curiosity.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Obstagoon's high power, great neutral coverage, and decent utility in Switcheroo makes it a moderately effective wallbreaker. Unfortunately, it faces stiff competition from Urishifu-S and Heracross as a wallbreaker, due to Urishifu-S' higher speed, bulk, and superior Dark STAB; while Heracross shares Obstagoon's ability and has vastly superior STABs and Attack.

You're definitely not wrong here, but I feel like you're focusing on the wrong aspects of Obstagoon; compared to bulk up Urshifu, Obstagoon's able to muscle past Clefable at +1 while also being able to switch into generally more "passive" mons like Toxapex (and by extension other bulky waters and Amoonguss but realistically Toxapex is the only significant one here) and generate turns to set up for the cost of residual chip and the ability to more immediately pressure Skarmory / Corviknight. When compared to Heracross however, I think saying that it has "a vastly superior stabs combination and damage output" is a bit of an overstatement. Realistically speaking, the difference in damage output is minimal vs fighting resists like Clefable, Toxapex and, Amoonguss, given that Heracross' facade is very marginally stronger than Obstagoon's. Again, I'd mention that Heracross is able to immediately pressure Skarmory / Corviknight but is notably slower than Obstagoon and leave it there.

Obstagoon's main niche is it's ability to switch moves, giving it a much easier time against common defensive cores with Pokemon such as Clefable, Mandibuzz, and Toxapex, as well as being able to cripple defensive Pokemon with Switcheroo. Mentioning Switcheroo in two difference instances just feels awkward, so merge the two mentions into one. Bulk Up allows Obstagoon to muscle past Corviknight, Ferrothorn, and Clefable Corviknight and Ferrothorn definitely aren't the best examples here given that it's not the sole reason that Obstagoon is breaking through these mons; replace these mentions with Toxapex (and Hippowdon but whether you add this or not is your choice since it is rather shaky) and specifically mention that you're ohkoing Clefable (and Amoonguss too but only add this if you're not particularly keen on the Hippo mention)

While Obstagoon has decent bulk on its own, it prefers to come in with a pivoting move due to its lack of resistances, and it also gets worn down quite quickly with Flame Orb and hazards. To put it bluntly, I really think you're missing the point here. The reason you're running momentum grabbers alongside Obstagoon is so that you're able to give it free opportunities to break past the mons that switch into these mons, particularly stuff like Clefable, Toxapex, Amoonguss, etc.

Pokemon such as Clefable, Dragapult, and Zeraora are great choices for this role. Clefable in particular can also keep Obstagoon healthy with Wish, as well as check Urishifu-S. Strong hazard control from Pokemon such as Hatterene, Corviknight, and Mandibuzz is helpful when using Obstagoon, as it tends to fall victim to residual damage from Flame Orb and hazards. Finally, Obstagoon has great synergy with late game cleaners such as Calm Mind Reuinclus and Swords Dance Rillaboom and Scizor, who can prey on the opponents team after Obstagoon punches holes in defensive Pokemon such as Toxapex, Clefable, and Skarmory. ok i lied i don't like the scizor example here my b just drop the example if you can

[CREDITS]

QC 1/2

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Obstagoon's high power, great neutral coverage, and decent utility in Switcheroo makes it a moderately effective wallbreaker. Unfortunately, it faces stiff competition from Urishifu-S and Heracross as a wallbreaker, due to Urishifu-S' higher speed, bulk, and superior Dark STAB; while Heracross shares Obstagoon's ability and has vastly superior STABs and Attack.

You're definitely not wrong here, but I feel like you're focusing on the wrong aspects of Obstagoon; compared to bulk up Urshifu, Obstagoon's able to muscle past Clefable at +1 while also being able to switch into generally more "passive" mons like Toxapex (and by extension other bulky waters and Amoonguss but realistically Toxapex is the only significant one here) and generate turns to set up for the cost of residual chip and the ability to more immediately pressure Skarmory / Corviknight. When compared to Heracross however, I think saying that it has "a vastly superior stabs combination and damage output" is a bit of an overstatement. Realistically speaking, the difference in damage output is minimal vs fighting resists like Clefable, Toxapex and, Amoonguss, given that Heracross' facade is very marginally stronger than Obstagoon's. Again, I'd mention that Heracross is able to immediately pressure Skarmory / Corviknight but is notably slower than Obstagoon and leave it there.

Obstagoon's main niche is it's ability to switch moves, giving it a much easier time against common defensive cores with Pokemon such as Clefable, Mandibuzz, and Toxapex, as well as being able to cripple defensive Pokemon with Switcheroo. Mentioning Switcheroo in two difference instances just feels awkward, so merge the two mentions into one. Bulk Up allows Obstagoon to muscle past Corviknight, Ferrothorn, and Clefable Corviknight and Ferrothorn definitely aren't the best examples here given that it's not the sole reason that Obstagoon is breaking through these mons; replace these mentions with Toxapex (and Hippowdon but whether you add this or not is your choice since it is rather shaky) and specifically mention that you're ohkoing Clefable (and Amoonguss too but only add this if you're not particularly keen on the Hippo mention)

While Obstagoon has decent bulk on its own, it prefers to come in with a pivoting move due to its lack of resistances, and it also gets worn down quite quickly with Flame Orb and hazards. To put it bluntly, I really think you're missing the point here. The reason you're running momentum grabbers alongside Obstagoon is so that you're able to give it free opportunities to break past the mons that switch into these mons, particularly stuff like Clefable, Toxapex, Amoonguss, etc.

Pokemon such as Clefable, Dragapult, and Zeraora are great choices for this role. Clefable in particular can also keep Obstagoon healthy with Wish, as well as check Urishifu-S. Strong hazard control from Pokemon such as Hatterene, Corviknight, and Mandibuzz is helpful when using Obstagoon, as it tends to fall victim to residual damage from Flame Orb and hazards. Finally, Obstagoon has great synergy with late game cleaners such as Calm Mind Reuinclus and Swords Dance Rillaboom and Scizor, who can prey on the opponents team after Obstagoon punches holes in defensive Pokemon such as Toxapex, Clefable, and Skarmory. ok i lied i don't like the scizor example here my b just drop the example if you can

[CREDITS]

QC 1/2
Implemented, thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)