ORAS NU Nu burd spam

ayy wasup my homies. I haven't done an rmt since buttercup and i wanted to make more of these, but I'm just super L A Z. But today my friends, today we have some nice burd spam.
lets get this started by listing why burd spam is great rn in nu. People generally don't run more than 1 archeops/swellow check atm since lets be honest archeops is pretty great. So the idea came to me to run another burd to weaken archeops checks, but then why stop there? Finally I realized i need some burd spam action so i'm running a triple burd offensive core of subsplit rotom fan, standard taunt archeops, and ya boi scarfcuno.
(I really want to upload some pictures for this rmt but my computer is kinda dying atm so it can't handle it, I might put some in later tho)

The Team Tho
burd #1 (Rotom-Fan) @ Sharp Beak/life orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Pain Split
Burd numba one here is the the wear down this spam relies on, with substitute it avoids status and general nonsense, then pair that with pain split to weaken walls. Lastly whats any good subspliter without the dual stab tru. Tbolt air slash gives me a problem with electric types which will be fixed later, for now that hits up flying and water types hard as well as giving me the powerful burd type move. Rotom fan was an optimal first burd.

burd # 2 (Archeops)
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Roost
- Earthquake
burd core gets a lot stronger thanks to archeops with his powerful flying ground coverage. eq hits up rock and electric types for my Rotom fan, he's got the taunt for rock setters(but I don't recommend leading with it unless its an ez matchup). Roost is there because... well it comes in handy and I didn't need stone edge when i have a lot of ways to deal with flying and fire. Archeops tho, very fast very powerful very good coverage, once Rotom can weaken the burd checks this thing comes in and does WORK.

At this point I have my burd core done but I need some rock and electric resists. maybe a spinner or a setter would be nice right
not burd #1 (Sandslash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature

- Earthquake
- Knock Off
-
Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
Nothing special here, just a standard bulky Sandslash. It spins, sets rocks, eats stone edges, hurts spin blockers, adds bulk, hits stuff up with eq. Just doing what a sandslash does for a team.

not burd # 2 (Hariyama) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
Got another rock resist in Hariyama, also my team at this point has no fire spam or ice type checks. Yama gives me some good bulk + kills steels and rock types. AV yama you know how good of a wall it is, and it gives good priority. I opted for ice punch over bp because i needed something to hit opposing flying types seeing as my bulky pokemon are both useless against them.

not burd # 3 (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Toxic/iondeluge/protect
Lanturn is a great bulky pivot for this team, bolt beam resistance and volt switch make it very versatile. The scald is there for hax and for hitting even more bulky ground types, the volt switch is there so my bulky pokemon can finally hit burds, and then heal bell because i needed something that can switch into status on the team. The last move is undecided since I keep switching it between protect ion deluge and toxic. Toxic hits the grass types that switch in on lanturn, ion deluge heals up lanturn with volt absorb but only works on normal moves, and protect lets me scout choice users and stop fake outs. Lanturn switches in on offensive water types like LO samurott and stuff since im super weak to water rn.
burd # 3 (Articuno) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
-
Freeze-Dry
- Hurricane
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
Shout out to marcusth3baws for suggesting my scarfer, giving me the nice and powerful articuno. Articuno isnt weak to ice since it has the ice type itself and it has good stab coverage. While its not a very fast scarfer it is still powerful and outspeeds what I need it to. Hurricane and ice beam for coverage, freeze dry for seismitoads, and uturn for switch initiative. This final burd brings the pain if archeops gets beat early, since my team is super slow articuno picks up the pace firing off scarfed hurricanes late game and sweeping. Overall it was a good pick for my final burd since it can replace the one of the other two easily.

burd #1 (Rotom-Fan) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Pain Split

burd # 2 (Archeops)
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Roost
- Earthquake

not burd #1 (Sandslash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

not burd # 2 (Hariyama) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

burd # 3 (Articuno) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Hurricane
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

not burd # 3 (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Thanks for checking out the team and contributing to the nu burd spam. If I have time later I might add some pictures + threats + in depth analysis of the team gameplay wise. Special shout out to my big dog Draeden for telling me to make this rmt and special shout out to all my home boys in nu who tested this team with me.

On a more serious note, rotom-fan could make great bait for rock types which your team is weak to for obvious reasons. If you want to bluff scarf offensive, you could run expert belt over sharp beak and then run HP grass over sub or pain split to bop things like Rhydon who want to switch in on you.

You might also want to consider running regirock or mantine over hariyama. Your team is extremely weak to rocks and sandslash will likely find it difficult to both spin and set rocks. As such, I highly recommend some way to separate setting rocks and hazard control onto two different pokemon.

Overall the concept seems pretty interesting though.

Also, bird spam but no swellow?????

Good team snuggles :], I really like using this team as Articuno is a massive threat as it is never prepared for.
Bird Burd spam is a cool idea and pretty effective. Although this team is majorly weak to psychics (eg; musharna, mesprit, uxie, jynx) as they can easily set up to plus one and do a lot of damage/6-0 you. Mega Audino can really wall this team even with Archeops taunt, and speaking of Archeops, you have no switch ins assuming it has earthquake and stone edge (which isn't common but still a threat)

I would also suggest switching out Sandslash with something more helpfull to beat physics and giving Archeops defog over taunt. The reason for this is Sandslash isn't very reliable as it is slow and not that bulky with your spread.

Like I said, this is a nice team but the physic weakness is very obvious and easy to take advantage assuming your opponent has one.
yeah i do see a problem with psychics, archeops is less of a problem tho since i can just outspeed with articuno and skillfully dodge stone edge with my rotom fan. I have sandslash because its physical and i wanted knock off for xatu over shadow ball claydol, not to mention sandslash has an offensive presence compare to other ground spinners. i was thinking of changing archeops to murkrow aswell for the whole psychic weakness but murkrow doesnt bring the same pressure as an archops. thanks for the suggestions tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)