np: UU Stage 3 - We Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can just kill Zapdos with Seed Flare, it's a 2 shot. and if they tried to use roost just use earth power. I'm pretty much using Air Slash Just for other bulky grass/bug/fighting types. and the hax of course. OK, Mostly hax XP

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Substitute does nothing. His free turns are always better used by Seed Flare. Replace it with Rest.

Except It's too slow. With Scarf Machamp/Darmanitan running around. There are too many counters if you are expecting to sweep with it. But i'll give this to you. It will one shot pretty much anything it hits. It's only problem is it's not dast enough.
It's okay if he has counters, he's not at all meant to sweep. He comes in, wrecks ass, leaves. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Here's my opinion on the latest new drops we've had in UU.

Darmanitan: I personally believe it was a reasonable decision to bring darm down to UU. It is pretty powerful, I'll give it that. But it kills itself whenever it attacks. That's a problem.

Chandelure: Sure, it may be extremely powerful and can run two great sets. But snorlax and chansey stand a chance against it. Even if chansey gets walled by sub.

Machamp: This guy probably wont stay in UU for too long. It will probably become a BL mon. It's just way to powerful. Slowbro is our only chance against it.

Hippowdon: It'll stay in UU for sure IMO. Now sand is EVERYWHERE. Stoutland and sandslash love the boost and the great thing is, they aren't too OP to begin with so they won't get banned.

Here's my opinion on the latest new drops we've had in UU.

Darmanitan: I personally believe it was a reasonable decision to bring darm down to UU. It is pretty powerful, I'll give it that. But it kills itself whenever it attacks. That's a problem.

Chandelure: Sure, it may be extremely powerful and can run two great sets. But snorlax and chansey stand a chance against it. Even if chansey gets walled by sub.

Machamp: This guy probably wont stay in UU for too long. It will probably become a BL mon. It's just way to powerful. Slowbro is our only chance against it.

Hippowdon: It'll stay in UU for sure IMO. Now sand is EVERYWHERE. Stoutland and sandslash love the boost and the great thing is, they aren't too OP to begin with so they won't get banned.
2 pokemon stand a chance against it so it cant be broken guys!

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm going to disagree with Machamp going BL. Sure his dynamic punch wrecks stuff, but unless you get really lucky with confusion their will be a lot of things to wall it (Xatu, Slowbro, Siglyph, Dusclops, etc).

I've personally never found Chandelure to be a problem. Darmanitan/Machamp can one hit kill Chandelure switching in to absorb a flare blitz/Dynamic Punch with Rock Slide/Stone Edge. If it decides to boost behind a substitute Snorlax with Thick Fat can take a hit and whirlwind it out.

Darmanitan is strong, but he really comes up short against the myriad of bulky waters that inhabit uu. I have found that most leads that are neutral to Darmanitan expect you to U-Turn (lets call this Genesect Syndrome) and stay in, allowing you to score a kill right off the bat with flare blitz and set yourself up as a newcomer in the eyes of your opponent.

Hippowdon is actually pretty managable in UU. Xatu can reflect his stealth rocks and with a combination of roost and reflect, beat his stone edge/ice fang. Suicune and Slowbro can take an attack and threaten with scald/surf.

I have yet to see or try rain dance damp rock hurricane Tornadus, but from my experience the Bulk Up Flight Gem Acrobatics set works well in UU, mainly out of sheer surprise value. It should be noted that with his twin Thunderus moving up to ubers, usage in Tornadus may rise enough to put him back in OU.

I'm going to disagree with Machamp going BL. Sure his dynamic punch wrecks stuff, but unless you get really lucky with confusion their will be a lot of things to wall it (Xatu, Slowbro, Siglyph, Dusclops, etc).

I've personally never found Chandelure to be a problem. Darmanitan/Machamp can one hit kill Chandelure switching in to absorb a flare blitz/Dynamic Punch with Rock Slide/Stone Edge. If it decides to boost behind a substitute Snorlax with Thick Fat can take a hit and whirlwind it out.

Darmanitan is strong, but he really comes up short against the myriad of bulky waters that inhabit uu. I have found that most leads that are neutral to Darmanitan expect you to U-Turn (lets call this Genesect Syndrome) and stay in, allowing you to score a kill right off the bat with flare blitz and set yourself up as a newcomer in the eyes of your opponent.

Hippowdon is actually pretty managable in UU. Xatu can reflect his stealth rocks and with a combination of roost and reflect, beat his stone edge/ice fang. Suicune and Slowbro can take an attack and threaten with scald/surf.

I have yet to see or try rain dance damp rock hurricane Tornadus, but from my experience the Bulk Up Flight Gem Acrobatics set works well in UU, mainly out of sheer surprise value. It should be noted that with his twin Thunderus moving up to ubers, usage in Tornadus may rise enough to put him back in OU.
the thing is, who runs whirlwind on snorlax anymore?

Is Slowbro getting used more?
Well, it basically walls every new threat out there: Darmanitan, Machamp and Hippowdon. Not Chandelure, but Chandy can't switch in anyway. Tornadus... well, maybe yes, maybe not.

The good news is that Skuntank is finally going to see some use. It murders every Chandelure, Alakazam, and Slowbro out there. It also deals up to 60-80% to Darmanitan with Sucker Punch, meaning that it can revenge kill it pretty easily (it's taking a shitload of recoil from its Flare Blitz, LO, the inevitable Sandstorm, and any entry hazards). It can also get above 50% damage to Stoutland, so it can sort of revenge kill as long as Stoutland takes enough damage beforehand. Aftermath allows it to seriously hurt anything that kills it off, and it can commit suicide with Explosion.

In other news, who's seen any Azelfs on the tier?

Xatu and Sigilyph are mauled by Stone Edge (both 2HKO'd), and many many Machamps are carrying a Lum berry (at least mine is...) so Sigilyph can't burn it. Roost stall can only get you so far...

Can't argue with Slowbro and Dusclops though.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The worst thing about having Chandelure in UU I think is the coming calamity upon our heads in the form of Shadow Tag. When it is released, we will feel it, and without Tyranitar, have a lot fewer ways to deal with it. This is actually a flaw in the tiering system as a whole. I hope we're a little more proactive in the power to quick boot once average Pokemon suddenly receive God-tier abilities that make them broken beyond reason. Gothitelle would also apply here.

Ho.Ly.Crap.

I just used gigalith today and wow, that thing is a monster. A CB variant took out a kingdra, heracross, and quiver dance venomoth. Crazy. In first battle, kingdra used hydro pump on gigalith bringing it down to sturdy. I KO with rock blast. Next battle. I sac a pokemon to take the sleep powder and switch to gigalith. It thinks im gonna stone edge and miss so it QD's again and i ko with rock blast. Next, it takes out a heracross who tried to kill me with CC, only to get pummeled by rock blast AGAIN which did 50% damage to it 2 times.

Gigalith has just been the new star of my team. Man, this thing is scary good. Plus with sturdy, it can take out chandelure and darmanitan!

gigalith in sandstorm is really, really good. practically invincible. Plus, when sand force comes out, RP Gigaliths are going to tear shit up

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
The worst thing about having Chandelure in UU I think is the coming calamity upon our heads in the form of Shadow Tag. When it is released, we will feel it, and without Tyranitar, have a lot fewer ways to deal with it. This is actually a flaw in the tiering system as a whole. I hope we're a little more proactive in the power to quick boot once average Pokemon suddenly receive God-tier abilities that make them broken beyond reason. Gothitelle would also apply here.
The thing is, once Shadow Tag Chandelure comes out, its going right back up to OU, so it shouldn't be much of a problem down here.

Except when it gets released in the beginning of a round or something and then we're stuck with it for a month....hopefully the new suspect process has a way of dealing with that / is announced by the time it's released.

breh

強いだね
SJCrew, when Shadow Tag chandelure is released (which will be in a very, very long time), it will be quickbanned from UU and tested in OU. that's not very relevant.

also, gigalith is a worse rhyperior. sturdy is not that great; as long as your opponent has hazards up, it is immediatedly worse than rhyperior. CB rhyperior is pretty damn awesome, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)