NP: UU - Bye Bye Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Substitute Torterra is so deadly. Tangrowth is easy enough to lure out and kill, and after that, something is taking a huge hit.
Can you please explain how? This makes no sense to me as a long-time user of Tangrowth. It is pretty clear what Tangrowth should and should not be switching in against. It also doesn't have a 4x weakness that can easily be exploited through using Hidden Power.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
As an example, Stellar, Tangrowth often attempts to switch into Subperior, only to be 2hko'd or massively weakened by two Megahorns. I ran a team with Subperior and Subterra a while back to great success; Terra could deal with Milotic, Quagsire and Donphan, who are pretty much the only things capable of walling subperior, and subperior could deal with weezing and tangrowth, who terra has trouble with. Those two + burn immune pivot (I used FF Arcanine) + anti-bulky water pivot (I used toxicroak) made for an incredibly powerful bulky offense core.

Absol is just so slow and isn't bulky at all; I can never seem to get a good for her. if she just had, say, 80 base speed. :(

Absol still rapes stall. Maybe if people used Lum Berry > LO they'd be able to accomplish something instead of getting burned and being completely useless.

I'm seeing sweepers carrying Lum Berry everywhere.
It's Lum Berry Feraligatr, Lum berry Mismagius, Lum Berry [put a set up sweeper here].
This is more obvious in OU, with several Lum Berry Salamence around...

Also, Haze Milotic is everywhere. There's not much that can set up against it now that Raikou is gone.

Absol still rapes stall. Maybe if people used Lum Berry > LO they'd be able to accomplish something instead of getting burned and being completely useless.
Not to mention LO recoil would hurt the sweeper big time. But why Lum and not Rawst? Sleep is also pretty common in this meta as is paralyze, where paralysis slows down sweepers, sleep shuts 'em down entirely. Lum would save you from those status as well

Thund said:
Well I'm glad people finally see how good Mesprit is and stop assuming it's a worse Uxie.
I was always a little wary of Mesprit lol. Often I'm thankful that it's slower than Uxie is. It just never made it into my teams for whatever reason.

I very rarely find Life Orb being more useful than Lum except on my solely late-game sweepers who shouldn't have to deal with PAR/BRN/SLP. I had a 3x Lum 1x Life Orb SD sweepers and two TWave supporters team that was fun.

Hey guys i've been gone awhile so can somebody explain to me why Umbreon isn't UU?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw Umbreon got OU usage :[

speaking of which with Latias moved to OU, is there anyway to get Umbreon back sooner. I mean wasn't latias all Umbreon good for in OU?

I split my EVs...he's a decent check to a lot of things, surprisingly. I use him on my heavy offense team because I need a spinner and even without instant recovery, he helps quite a bit.

What's the best Subperior set?

Is it the one listed at the OU on on the site?
megahorn, stone edge, earthquake. life orb or leftovers. 252hp,252att,4def is what i run. Anything he could possibley outspeed is less of a threat than a SD absol sweeping through your team, this makes a nice check

Actually the EVs for Subperior are very specific...idk what they are, but I'm sure it has to do with enough EVs to outspeed certain threats and enough EVs to keep a certain bulk...Whenever i run the set I put enough EVs to keep a 101 HP Sub and also enough speed to outrun chansey(sometimes clefable) lol along with Flamewheeler i'm too lazy to put the EVs in or look up the set

I think I'll just do 101 Subs with speed for min Weezing and dump the rest somewhere

That seems to make sense for a spread

132 HP for 101 Sub 212 Atk and 166 Spe EVs on an adamant Rhyperior. With that he out speeds minimum speed weezing by one point. do you think he needs any more speed the that? With a jolly nature he easily outspeeds Weezing and can run more speed but only maxs at 379 atk. Is there any benefit to running more speed?

I see almost no point to outrunning weezing. For one, who switched rhyperior into weezing? Two, weezing is used as a counter so he should be the one switching in meaning, that you're already (or at least you should be) behind a sub. So, just use the spread on the analysis and maybe a few extra speed points to troll other subperiors lol.

Edit: Needing to outspeed weezing is pretty situational imo, whereas subbing down is procedure.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I see almost no point to outrunning weezing.
Coming in on the revenge or Tbolt and setting up in its face, knowing full well it can't do anything to stop you. Really, the aim is to do this with as many things as possible so that you can kill the switch-ins that resist one of your moves, but die to the other. Walls that rely on status/weak physical moves (Registeel and Spiritomb, for instance) are especially punished.

Coming in on the revenge or Tbolt and setting up in its face, knowing full well it can't do anything to stop you.
Ok, like I said, it's situational. Besides, the bitch is rare. Fine, if your team absolutely needs to outspeed weezing then go for it, but other than that it's just wasted Evs. If you're not behind one, you should obviously switch, but unless it runs something like Hp ice, you should at least get 2 hits in. I don't think STAB sludge bomb breaks the sub, but don;t quote me on that. If you didn't kill weezing in two consecutive hits, then I could see the point in wanting to outspeed, but it's pretty easy pickings after rhy is done with it unless it blindly uses pain split lol.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Read my edit. Rhyperior setting up on more things makes the Sub set more effective. Who cares about how rare Weezing is? In the event that you do see it, you're ready for it, and it's just another wall to set up on like all the others. There's really nowhere else imperative you can allocate those few EVs that really matters, but Speed, on the other hand, is an important stat where every point matters. Again, more setups makes the set more effective.

Ok, like I said, it's situational. Besides, the bitch is rare. Fine, if your team absolutely needs to outspeed weezing then go for it, but other than that it's just wasted Evs. If you're not behind one, you should obviously switch, but unless it runs something like Hp ice, you should at least get 2 hits in. I don't think STAB sludge bomb breaks the sub, but don;t quote me on that. If you didn't kill weezing in two consecutive hits, then I could see the point in wanting to outspeed, but it's pretty easy pickings after rhy is done with it unless it blindly uses pain split lol.
Weezing has been seeing an increase in usage because of the spikage in Toxicroak lately...and it would be good to switch Rhyperior in Weezing(watching out for Will-O-Wisp of course)...it really gives you a free sub and a chance to take out/weaken a physcial wall on your opponents team and if you took it out you should be behind your sub which now gives you a chance to hit your opponents next incoming poke hard...taking out a poke while staying behind a sub gives you GREAT momentum in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)