np: UU - A New Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bit boaring seeing the constent stream of shaymin's, feraligatrs, clefables and registeels being used all of wich I have seen in about 95% battles I have been in! Wich has been about 60ish.

Stealth rock I have seen like a plage as well as substitute.

I thought i was going to see a lot more gallades and claydols being used than that of wich I have seen. But mabye thats just me.

Anyone here seen much of shaymin, feraligatr and celefable in allmost all there battles?

It's a bit boaring seeing the constent stream of shaymin's, feraligatrs, clefables and registeels being used all of wich I have seen in about 95% battles I have been in! Wich has been about 60ish.

Stealth rock I have seen like a plage as well as substitute.

I thought i was going to see a lot more gallades and claydols being used than that of wich I have seen. But mabye thats just me.

Anyone here seen much of shaymin, feraligatr and celefable in allmost all there battles?
And what's wrong with Clefable, might I ask? It was a top competitor in the old UU.

Feraligatrs? They don't really seem that common. Clefable is a godsend what with all the Hail/TS teams. Registeel is one of the few useable steels, and pretty much any defensive core requires a steel. I see about as many Gallades as Shaymins. Claydol can't stand up to any of the ghosts that will block its spin.

In fact, I'm impressed with the amount of diversity I've seen so far. You do see a lot of Registeels, Raikous, Shaymins, Gallades...but you see something uncommon almost every match too. It's more diverse than OU is.

Feraligators are no where near common. It is often compared to the Gyarados of UU. It's lackluster attack stat after one DD isn't enough to have the potential ability to sweep an entire team like Gyarados. Torrent is a decent ability, but I really don't find Feraligators do be common or threatening in my opinion.

And what's wrong with Clefable, might I ask? It was a top competitor in the old UU.

I never said anything was wrong with clefable. I ment that I am sick of seeing so many on nearly every time I get in the uu ladder, it's a bit repetive, all the people I end up fighting use mainly the same sets, yet clefable has so many useful sets with are an accet to any team, I want battles with a bit more varity and seeeing a versitile pokemon like clefable having the ame od sets being sed again and again is boaring and disapointing.

Mabye it's just my luck with the opponent selection on the ladder turing up so many feraligatr users and clefables with the same old set eg "thin blissey" and toxic orb abusers.

Why don't you put a Clefable counter in your team? Easy win I'd say. Or do you mean that it's too easy?
I mean it's too easy and it gets boaring after a while.

Has anyone tried out chancey yet

I like this set, it's wish bliss but in chansey form

item-leaftovers
eves 40hp 252 defence 212 sp defence
move set
wish
sizemictoss
toxic
protect

Playing against Clefable is like opening a door to a whole new world. It really shows you how much we rely on entry hazards and status. This thing is like the biggest bitch in the universe when you're using a hail team/Stall team, besides having all of your attacks melt off her, you can't even out stall her, meanwhile she statuses all of your pokes. And there really aren't that many clefable counters besides sturdy fighting types, but they can't switch in forever, meanwhile clefable can exit without any fear of spikes or stealth rock.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Playing against Clefable is like opening a door to a whole new world. It really shows you how much we rely on entry hazards and status. This thing is like the biggest bitch in the universe when you're using a hail team/Stall team, besides having all of your attacks melt off her, you can't even out stall her, meanwhile she statuses all of your pokes. And there really aren't that many clefable counters besides sturdy fighting types, but they can't switch in forever, meanwhile clefable can exit without any fear of spikes or stealth rock.
That's why more hail teams should show Hariyama some love. A resistance to Fire through Thick Fat, resistance to Rock, really excellent defenses, Whirlwind, Knock Off, and decent coverage with just Revenge and Payback... really is an under-appreciated pokemon.

I still fail to see what the difference is between this and making what used to be BL a metagame.
This test will determine new UU, which will become a larger metagame. BL tier as of now is undetermined and will be much smaller than its predecessor. Just because you see what used to be BL pokemon often, what used to be UU and new NFE pokemon can still offer a role in the new UU.

I still fail to see what the difference is between this and making what used to be BL a metagame.
You obviously do not understand the point of tiers. BL was never intended to be an actual tier. It is meant to be a ban list of POkemon that over power UU, much to the same way that Ubers is a ban list for OU. Now, since you didn't read the first post, I can assume you just heard about this from either GameFAQs or Shoddy, without actually being told why this is happening. We are making UU from scratch. If you had known how UU has been made so far this generation, you would agree that we are doing what needs to have been done earlier. Lots of people were complaining about UU so we decided to do something about it. Any questions?

About 3 months after we are done with the UU test, I believe the plan is to make more tiers below UU (we need more names for these tiers!) These tiers will alternate between Tier List and Ban List. The reason we are doing this right now is so that we have a defined UU tier. So we can make the lower tiers correctly.

Well this is a test, to see what belongs in UU and what belongs in bl by fusing the tiers togher wich can point out the bl from the uu in diamond and peal, I am sure shaymin, registeel and milotic will still be bl at the end of the day, I think steelix and clefable may be moved up to bl, (clefable I have allways loved for it's never ending move set possibilitys ^^).

legendary rider i agree with you about hariyama, I also think hundoom could help with flash fire like heatran in ou hail teams. I think i'll try out houndoom at some point on a hail team.

i still lvoe thsi UU. it is crazy diverse, and actually alot more fun to play than old UU. Just a pondering, when is the first vote for BL and how many pokemon are going to be exiled?

i still lvoe thsi UU. it is crazy diverse, and actually alot more fun to play than old UU. Just a pondering, when is the first vote for BL and how many pokemon are going to be exiled?
I can not see it having a set number really, that would be like putting a limit on the number of ubers and really no ubers should be allowed in ou....... same with supposed bl pokes being allowed into uu.

i mena sure i know some will be heading to BL when the votes come around (unfortunately) but i wasnt sure if there was a quota, because as i see it as more get taken away more old UUs can come back to the spotlight. And i reallly like this new metagame and havent seen anything crazy overpowered :(

UU or not things like clefable are perfectly usible in standard play and even if clefable becomes bl nothing changes about it's effectiveness in standard play.

i mena sure i know some will be heading to BL when the votes come around (unfortunately) but i wasnt sure if there was a quota, because as i see it as more get taken away more old UUs can come back to the spotlight. And i reallly like this new metagame and havent seen anything crazy overpowered :(
Nor have I. Hopefully more people will recognize this and not ban Pokemon unneccessarily. Well, unless something does prove itself broken by then of course.

I mean it's too easy and it gets boaring after a while.

Has anyone tried out chancey yet

I like this set, it's wish bliss but in chansey form

item-leaftovers
eves 40hp 252 defence 212 sp defence
move set
wish
sizemictoss
toxic
protect
Have you even tried this? Chansey can't even learn Wish. At least do some research before you post this stuff.

About Clefable: it may be versatile, but I assure you that it will be difficult to place it into BL. It has a weak offense, and falls pretty easily to any fighting-type move or taunt.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NYPC Chansey has Wish as an event move. It's how Blissey learns Wish. If you're going to be an asshole to someone, at least do your homework first.

Have you even tried this? Chansey can't even learn Wish. At least do some research before you post this stuff.

About Clefable: it may be versatile, but I assure you that it will be difficult to place it into BL. It has a weak offense, and falls pretty easily to any fighting-type move or taunt.

My chansey on shoddy has wish so yeh i did my reaserch :P.

it's perfectly simple to counter clefables weaknesses and I find that answer to be an offensive spirtomb it's not perfect but it works for me.

Thanks seven deadly sins for the back up. The proof is on serrebii's event pokemon section.

From my experience, Chansey is very good, but not awesome. Clefable has done better for me overall than Chansey, although I'm currently using a Chansey as it fills its role in my team better.

A lot of the people I've fought seem to absolutely loathe Chansey. I don't know why though. I hope it's not because it's an NFE. That would be pathetic.

From my experience, Chansey is very good, but not awesome. Clefable has done better for me overall than Chansey, although I'm currently using a Chansey as it fills its role in my team better.

A lot of the people I've fought seem to absolutely loathe Chansey. I don't know why though. I hope it's not because it's an NFE. That would be pathetic.
True but you could have a clefable doing another task eg belly drumer or toxic orb abuser wilst chansey takes over as special wall.

I really need to work on my team at the moment it's pretty bad but it's mainly for a bit of fun but it's

clefable- toxic abuser
chansey- special wall/wichchan
spirtomb -calm minder
azumaril- belly drumer
weezing- physical wall
claydol- rapid spiner/stealth rocker

meh it's mainly just a test and i'll get serious later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)