np: SV UU Stage 3.0 - My Sweet Passion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wigglytuff is both a nightmare to switch into AND a massively powerful breaker. With Nasty Plot boosted Tera Water Water Pulses, I doubt that even Gastrodon can withstand repeated blows. Fling and Thief with a Light Ball makes offensive teams an absolutely trivial matchup, as you can both slow them down (making them useless) and steal their boosting items (making them double useless). For those who don't know, Light Ball paralyzes the opponent when flung, making for a nasty cycle of constant item thievery.
war flashbacks

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Once upon a time, in a faraway land, there lived a tiny fairy named Tinkaton. She was known to all for her giant hammer. One day, while walking the countryside, she saw a hammer in the middle of a field. It was an old and worn-out hammer, but it had a certain charm that caught her eye.

As she walked closer to the hammer, she saw that it was held by a tier leader named Lily. She was strong and muscular with a certain glint in her eye. Tinkaton was immediately smitten by her.

Lily was surprised to see Tinkaton walk toward her direction. She had never seen such a giant hammer before. They started talking and soon realized that they had a lot in common. They both loved their hammers and enjoyed spending time using them.

As days passed, their friendship grew stronger and they started spending more time together. They would go on long walks in the countryside and watch the sunset together. They would sing songs and tell each other stories.

One day, while watching the sunset, Tinkaton realized that she had fallen in love with Lily. She didn’t know how to tell her, but she knew that she had to. She went up to Lily and said, “Lily, I have something to tell you. I have fallen in love with you.”

Lily was surprised but happy to hear this. She replied, “Tinkaton, I have been waiting for you to say this. I have fallen in love with you too.”

From that day on, they were inseparable. They spent every moment together and their love grew stronger with each passing day.
And so, Tinkaton and Lily lived happily ever after with their hammers in the countryside.

Lily

cover me in sugar dust
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Tinkaton is obviously OP but I wanna share some great mons I've been using that can handle it.

:sv/forretress:
Takes very little damage from anything Tinkaton runs and hits back hard with Body Press. It can even set up every hazard AND spin them away, AND it has momentum with Volt Switch? I think this might be the new meta once Tinkaton goes.

:sv/arcanine:
Arcanine doesn't take much from Gigaton Hammer thanks to Intimidate and can be thrown in against pretty much every other physical attacker in the tier. If you think about it, this has Intimidate and is a good check to physical attackers... it might even be our new Landorus-T.

:sv/charizard:
My favourite Pokemon!! Charizard is really good at beating Tinkaton because it survives +6 Gigaton Hammer and does like 50% back with Flamethrower :D I hope it rises to UU to show how good of a counter it is

Lily

cover me in sugar dust
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Once upon a time, in a faraway land, there lived a tiny fairy named Tinkaton. She was known to all for her giant hammer. One day, while walking the countryside, she saw a hammer in the middle of a field. It was an old and worn-out hammer, but it had a certain charm that caught her eye.

As she walked closer to the hammer, she saw that it was held by a tier leader named Lily. She was strong and muscular with a certain glint in her eye. Tinkaton was immediately smitten by her.

Lily was surprised to see Tinkaton walk toward her direction. She had never seen such a giant hammer before. They started talking and soon realized that they had a lot in common. They both loved their hammers and enjoyed spending time using them.

As days passed, their friendship grew stronger and they started spending more time together. They would go on long walks in the countryside and watch the sunset together. They would sing songs and tell each other stories.

One day, while watching the sunset, Tinkaton realized that she had fallen in love with Lily. She didn’t know how to tell her, but she knew that she had to. She went up to Lily and said, “Lily, I have something to tell you. I have fallen in love with you.”

Lily was surprised but happy to hear this. She replied, “Tinkaton, I have been waiting for you to say this. I have fallen in love with you too.”

From that day on, they were inseparable. They spent every moment together and their love grew stronger with each passing day.
And so, Tinkaton and Lily lived happily ever after with their hammers in the countryside.
Nice balls bro

It has come to my attention that you are suspecting the wrong mon and making a huge mistake in the process! As seen here in these calcs the biggest threat to UU is actually Tinkatuff and not Tinkaton!

252 SpA Salamence Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Tinkatuff: 96-114 (28.7 - 34.1%) -- 1.7% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Salamence Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tinkaton: 124-146 (33.1 - 39%) -- 8.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

As we can see here, Salamence (the obvious check to Tinkaton) does an INSANE 5% less damage to Tinkatuff when compared to Tinkaton and therefore gives it a HUGE chance to set up in it's face.
Now I know what you're thinking, "Tinkatuff doesn't get Gigaton Hammer lol how can it bonk", however if you think this then you are overlooking the fact that Tinkatuff DOES learn Ice Hammer and therefore will bonk you anyway and now you look silly because you thought it couldn't do the bonking.

imageedit_2_6339970807.png

Please ban this alongside Tyranitar. I almost climbed into 1000 elo with specs gengar but these two keep on stopping me. Thank you.

Simonn

Banned deucer.
Since the latest installment in GameFreak's mainline Pokemon franchise (Pokemon Scarlet, and also Pokemon Violet) Tinkaton has been a pioneer for LGBTQ+ rights. It is for this reason that I find Tinkaton's lack of qualifying usage for OU highly offensive and also potentially damaging (I am not saying that people who refuse to use tinkaton are homophobic, however, they are most likely homophobic). For these reasons we should ban Tinkaton to OU in the hopes that this will be the catalyst for more usage in Smogon's most competitive tier.

1680387842817.png

1680387882399.png

Initially I was in the same camp as many of you all and believed that Tinkaton was the problem. However after my arduous 2 game-long suspect run, I have come to the conclusion that Tinkaton is yet to be a problem as it loses to the real broken monster and hidden face of the meta, Vigoroth.
:XY/Vigoroth:

While we have all come to the conclusion that Tinkaton is very broken and quite frankly unfair as it can force you to use the same move multiple turns in a row with encore. Now I must admit, encore Tinkaton is very evil and broken. Competitive Pokemon is supposed to emphasise decision-making, but what am I supposed to do when Tinkaton takes my rights away and forces me to use the same move over and over again? What kind of deep state agenda does push? How long do we have before the Tinkaton shadow council prohibits moves other than stealth rock? I do not know, however what I do know is that is that Vigoroth is much more broken. Observe this damage calculation: +6 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Tinkaton Gigaton Hammer vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Tera Fire Vigoroth: 147-173 (40.3 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Hippowdon could never)

Now we have sufficiently seen what Vigoroth is capable of doing defensively, we must now look at its offensive prowess. Vigoroth has the move Bulk Up which bolsters its defenses and attack, this is the key that enables it to own Tinkaton and everything else quite thoroughly. Moreover not only does it become bulkier and stronger, it has Slack Off which heals it for 50% of its health. Tinkaton‘s Encore may be unfair but I think this is arguably worse. I put work, love, and care into dealing damage to that sloth, how come it can just undo my life’s work? Does nothing matter any more? Is reality just an endless cycle of misery? Does everything we do slowly fade into obscurity? Vigoroth has convinced me the answer is a resounding yes.

For anyone in doubt of the severe and utter brokeness of Vigoroth, please refer to this high stakes 1000 elo ladder game. Also one time I was at a zoo and the sloth there looked at me funny and it made me cry.

Quaquaval is looking like it's really going to shake up the tier. 7/10 of the top 10 mons have a bad matchup against it once it gets off an Aqua Step, but you could use Tera Fire to deal with Talonflame/Scizor/Tinkaton.

cat

anemoia
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
IMG_20230402_154155.png

:worrywhirl:
Tinkaton is not a problem. My fire punch Dusknoir beats Tinkaton (252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Fire Dusknoir Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tinkaton in Harsh Sunshine: 44976-45204 (12025.6 - 12086.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO) very easily. You guys (cringe smogon players) just cannot adapt to one pokemon and instead have to ban stuff. In fact, Arena Trap Dugtrio will always beat Tinkaton. You guys need to work smarter, not harder. If you do not like to fight a certain pokemon, play a different tier.

Why do you guys even think that Tinkaton is unbalanced? It cannot do decent damage at all to my favourite pokemon, Lanturn. 252 Atk Tinkaton Gigaton Hammer vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Lanturn with an ally's Aurora Veil: 3-3 (0.6 - 0.6%) -- possibly the worst move ever. You guys just cannot team build well and have no creativity to use strats such as skill swap fur coat support pokemon. Hell, this is VGC, Tinkaton cannot break through DonzoGiri at all. You guys are suspect testing the wrong pokemon and should be banning Dondozo instead. I will get reqs to prove that I am right and that Smogon Loves Stall, and I should be Tier Leader for VGC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)