np: NU Stage 0 - For What It's Worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapidash isn't that bad, I've been usiing it on my Sun team. He hits quite hard(of course its a sun boosted Flare Blitz) and is great at weakening physical walls for Leavanny.

What I really want to discuss is Leavanny, under sun she is basically unstoppable. But even without it a simple moveset of Swords Dance/Lead Blade/X-Scissor/Baton Pass has been destructive. If you let get get a SD in the sun and you don't have a Weezing or Torkoal its basically GG; and even without it she can just baton pass to another physical sweeper{ie Rapidash) to completely destroy. Now that I've tested Sun i'm going to test the viability of a rain team next, though Hail might be slightly harder to handle.

tbh I haven't seen that many Rock-types, even though there are some really good ones.

Oh, and he does get Double Kick, but 60 BP is horrible.

But yeah, I do see where you're coming from. Maybe use him as a late game sweeper after walls have been weakened and the rock-type are gone? Or is he horribly outclassed in that regard?
He learns low kick, why would he need double kick or iron tail?

I have been trying a dual-screens BP team recently. It does pretty well despite the flaws that need fixing.

Scarf braviery runs it over in seconds....

Honestly, the best way for Rapidash to get around Rock types is HP Grass/ Water. It's SpA is very usable, and most Rock types have massive Defense and crappy SpD so its better to hit them on the special side.

Rapidash's uninvested neutral natured HP Grass OHKO's Eviolite Rhydon. It hasn't a hope in hell of doing that with Low Kick.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
RU is having massive issues with Snover as it is, so I wouldn't count on it to have any impact on NU in the future.

So, important Pokemon:

Huntail: People need to use it for obvious reasons. It's not that much different from Gorebyss (who gets more usage in higher tiers) outside of the Special/Physical stat swap, and its standalone Shell Smash sweeping set is devastating given the chance. Granted, +2 Physical Smash doesn't sound too appealing, but Huntail is still a real threat after that boost.

Cincinno: You pimp it too much Omicron, but I can see why. At the moment, I'm not seeing any significant Pokemon that can take Cincinno's assaults (thing can also U-turn from something it doesn't like, so...), which the metagame will probably adapt soon. 4 Attacks is probably its most effective set here.

Nothing else of note. Since people are having trouble with hail here as well, why not use Rain Dance Seismitoed? It's no Kingdra (who does an amazing job in OU and UU), but equipped with Life Orb, it's bound to destroy many teams alike with just Hydro Pump alone.

Actually seismitoad seems pretty appealing but in all honestly there are quite a few things in a hail team that will stand up most of it's assaults, mainly Walrein and cryogonal, who either resist its primary stab attacks or in the case of Cryo have massive special defense to tank it with recover. It does seems it could be a threat to heavily offensive hail teams though, not to mention any other weather based team. Regardless scarf Sawk and fire types are going I be your best bets for hail.

I'll try: this is what my team is now -

- Dual Screens Serperior (bulky and provides para support)
- Ninjask (main BRer)
- Samurott (love That guy: Swords Dance and priority)
- Bravairy (great stats and helps with the Speed Boost)
- Sawk (with a BP boost, it's faster and stronger than Band or Scarf)
- Magmortar (great mixed sweeper)

Who should I replace in order to defeat Scarf Braviery at all times? Rhydon and Buzz seem to be the best choice here....

RU is having massive issues with Snover as it is, so I wouldn't count on it to have any impact on NU in the future.

So, important Pokemon:

Huntail: People need to use it for obvious reasons. It's not that much different from Gorebyss (who gets more usage in higher tiers) outside of the Special/Physical stat swap, and its standalone Shell Smash sweeping set is devastating given the chance. Granted, +2 Physical Smash doesn't sound too appealing, but Huntail is still a real threat after that boost.

Cincinno: You pimp it too much Omicron, but I can see why. At the moment, I'm not seeing any significant Pokemon that can take Cincinno's assaults (thing can also U-turn from something it doesn't like, so...), which the metagame will probably adapt soon. 4 Attacks is probably its most effective set here.

Nothing else of note. Since people are having trouble with hail here as well, why not use Rain Dance Seismitoed? It's no Kingdra (who does an amazing job in OU and UU), but equipped with Life Orb, it's bound to destroy many teams alike with just Hydro Pump alone.
Cincinno man. Fuckin' Cincinno. This thing already hits hard with Rock Blast/Bullet Seed/Double Hit being boosted by Technician, and Life Orb/Choice Band makes it punch holes through anything other than the Few Steel types (but Wake-Up slap can take care of them) that are down here. People should use him more, and use him while they can; with Skill Link from the DW, who knows how much longer Cincinno has before his ability is released and sends him up to RU/possibly UU. NU's definitely a nice place for the little rodent for now though.

KS, I'd be more worried about the stealth rock weakness. Surely you could fit a spinner in somewhere, otherwise you'll never get a chance to baton pass.

I am going to be completely truthful here.

Cinccino is beastly as fuck. As well as other shit, such as Swellow. But IMO, Swellow is quite overwhelming and if you misplayed once, you're gonna get cleanly swept. Same goes for Klinklang.

Shedinja is awesome.
He totally wall Kilingklang's common sets and can set up a free SD.

I really love that guy.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Shedinja isn't a Pokemon I'd consider using right now at all, since the main playstyles in this metagame are Spikestacking and Hail, which are both coincidentally insta-kills!

Wynaut is really underrated, most people forget its even in the tier but it really fucks with Scarf mons / slow walls. I've been using it with Tickle + CB Absol support, CB Pursuit hurts like a motherfucker really.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Simipour deserves more than #85 usage. If you have something to deal with bulky waters and something like Swellow to revenge faster pokemon, almost nothing can stop its sweep.

The only problem with Simipour (and a large amount of the fairly good-looking 'mons down here) is that the stuff it doesn't outspeed or OHKO usually KO's it. And with everyone running a Swellow, CS Sawk, CS Braviary, or a Hail team right now, I don't see it doing much before going down. The one turn you need for set-up can also hurt.
Also iirc most of the Shell Smashers are down here, and I really don't see a reason to use Simipour if I can use one of them. Then again, I don't know how good Huntail and Gorebyss actually are, so I can't say too much about it. Have you tested the differences between them and Simipour?
Also agreeing with tennisace on Wynaut; it does to most choiced 'mons the same thing Magneton does to Klinklang. Pretty nice way to get a few KO's off an offense-oriented team. Sucks going against Hail stall if they Toxic him though...

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No, Klinklangs SpA is shit.

Maximum Special Attack Klinklang Hidden Power Ground vs Eviolite Max HP/SpD Magneton

50%-59.21%

A quad-supereffective attack only barely 2HKOs with full investment.

Not to mention to do that you cripple Klinklang.

Admittedly, a no investment Life Orb Klinklang can 2HKO 128 HP Magneton but it would have to predict the switch in to not be screwed.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Not really, since Substitute is better in almost every situation. HP Ground doesn't do anything to the #1 (or 2) Klinklang counter, Quagsire. iirc, HP Ground doesn't even come close to Magneton anyway, so if the Maggy user is smart, your Klinklang is still dead.

EDIT: ninja'd gdi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)