Announcement np: BDSP OU Suspect Process, Round 2 - Afterglow

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy gets it. Why can't this council let the players have ANY say in this?

such a rushed and premature decision. NO ONE can tell me right now 2022/1/23 that Gengar is so unhealthy to the current meta that it is NECESSARY to quick ban it. Why are you taking our voices away?
They mostly thought Latios was unbalanced but they let everyone suspect it, did not quickban it, and are doing the same for Manaphy here. This isn't a democracy, it's a council- and they have the power to choose whether they put it to a quickban vote or a suspect test. They don't have to give their reasoning and be transparent but they're doing a great job of those two things and are being pretty respectful in how they communicate them. One can disagree with the result of actions taken but that doesn't mean the actions themselves are inappropriate: in other words, just because I want Urshifu-ss back in SwSh OU doesn't mean the ban was made poorly or without proper forethought.

You're coming across to me as very aggressive in your tone (could be just me) but your arguments are relying more on social pressuring than facts and solid meta understanding, even though you bring up a good point here and there. What's frustrating moreso is that you seem to be very biased with phrasing such as "NO ONE can tell me," which lets me know you're not really interested in a discussion as much as getting others to adopt your viewpoint. I think your contributions will be more pleasant to read and easier to accept (since I'm very open to changing my perspective) if you can articulate them with a little more eloquence and kindness. :-)

On topic: I don't know if I can get req's for Manaphy as I'm not that good yet but I'm learning a lot from the meta analyses and appreciate the discussion so far. One thing I wanted to explore more was the idea that manaphy is more or less a guarantee that you can remove one enemy mon from your opponent's team, even if manaphy dies in the process- and if that itself is conceptually state of brokenness even if it rarely sweeps, or if that's just the nature of a good setup-sweeper/wallbreaker, and a top-tier pick in a meta. If, as an example, Feraligatr gets a DD up- he has checks, such as washtom and Tang, but goood grief he's gonna eat something if that check isn't healthy enough to switch in or revenge him. With Manaphy, it's soooomewhat similar, except that it doesn't matter so much if a check is healthy, so much as it's faster, because his power is huge enough that he will likely kill something anyways. Tail glow gives Manaphy the raw power to bust most anything wide open, but it doesn't have the speed to keep the sweep going, unlike other sweepers (like Gengar, Latios, Zam). This lower speed tier is also what keeps Bandraptor from being more prevalent.

Does this near-guarantee of a kill, outside of running unaware stall sets, bring Manaphy to an unhealthy state? Even if he remains at low usage, he's still in the back of everyone's mind in that, if you are not running stall, you ARE running a mon that can chunk him specifically and keep momentum from swinging too hard against you. Reminds me a lot of Soul-Heart Magerna sweeps in Gen 7 actually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)